Importing or Paste One Column Data and needed in rows

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

A2 has Name <br>
A3 has Address <br>
0
RogerP

Try Edit-->Paste Special <br>
Check the box that says transpose. <br>
> A1 has Company <br>
> A2 has Name <br>
> A3 has Address <br>
> A4 has City <br>
> I want to make A2 >B1 when pasting <br>
> I want to make A3 > C1 when pasting and so on <br>
> Ha someone got a simple paste or import solution as the import wizard doesn't solve the problem <br>
> Roger
0
mysci
3/25/2010 2:36:43 PM
Great - many thanks mysi <br><br>Will save me hours
0
RogerP
3/25/2010 3:02:29 PM
What if I want to transpose cell references?

eg if a column contains values in N1, N2, N3, N4 ....

and I also want those values to appear in a row as C8, D8, G8, H8, H9

I would select cell C8 and type "=N1"

Ideally I could just select/drag across the row and the references
would follow automatically, unfortunately that's not the case - it
wants to work in the same direction as the dragged row, not the
sourced column.

Any ideas?
0
brinded
3/25/2010 8:19:02 PM
No offense,but I honestly can't conceive of any reason why anyone could
possibly need to do this. If you fully describe what it is that you're
attempting to accomplish perhaps there is an alternative approach.

If you really must do this, here are 2 approaches;

If you just want the content of N1:N8 copied to C8:K8, select & copy N1:N8,
right-click C8, select Paste Special, tick the Transpose checkbox, then OK.

If you need formula references in C8:K8 it's a bit more involved:

1- In O1 enter =N1, use the fill handle to O8, leave those cells selected,
2- Key Control+U, then Command+T, then return,
3- Repeat Step #2 for each of the cells in column O, then copy those cells,
(Steps #2 & 3 convert the formula references to Absolute)
4- Right-Click C8 & use Paste Special> Transpose as above,
5- Select & clear cells O1:O8.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/25/10 4:19 PM, in article
0d096bd6-07de-446b-9854-85387b1c1962@l11g2000pro.googlegroups.com, "brinded"
<cktwr@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What if I want to transpose cell references?
>
> eg if a column contains values in N1, N2, N3, N4 ....
>
> and I also want those values to appear in a row as C8, D8, G8, H8, H9
>
> I would select cell C8 and type "=N1"
>
> Ideally I could just select/drag across the row and the references
> would follow automatically, unfortunately that's not the case - it
> wants to work in the same direction as the dragged row, not the
> sourced column.
>
> Any ideas?

0
CyberTaz

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Q: columns to rows
Hello, Sheet1 has column based data such as there are values in A1,B1,C1,.. Now I need to create Steet2 that holds row based data such as A1->A1,B1->A2,C1->A3 and change the background color of A1,A2,A3, if the data in A1,B1,C1 in Sheet1 is zero. How can I do this? Thanks, Jim, Select A1:Z1 and copy it, then select cell A1 on the second sheet. Us paste special (check the transpose box). That flips your data fro horizontal to vertical so it's in rows. To format the cells, go to Format: Conditional formatting. If the cel value is "equal to" then specify "0&...

professional tools library should allow more than one salesperson
Sales Modifier in Professional Services Tools Library currenly only allows you to change one starting salesperson id to one new salesperson id. Well, it is possible that one terminated salesperson may have multiple invoices in which they will be divided among other salespeople. it would be very beneficial if the Sales modifier tool allowed that to happen instead of the just one and one feature ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

excel 97 xml import

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

How do I get column headings printed on every page but one?
I am printing a report that has footnotes on it. I do want my column headings to appear on every page but not to appear on the last page with the footnotes because there really aren't any columns on hte last page that apply to the column headers hi, if you have header, they will appear on every sheet in your print area. i might suggest that you not include your footnotes in reports print area. move the footnotes to a different sheet and print seperately. >-----Original Message----- >I am printing a report that has footnotes on it. I do want my column >headings to appea...

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

Need help with exel database #2
I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I have a pre-written letter that I want to send out to each of the names in the database. My question is if I can somehow have exel automatically create a seperate letter in Word for each Name in the database and have the correct data go into the correct fields in the pre-written letter. Is that possible? Thanks for any input. Look at Mail Merge in MS Word and your worksheet as the data source "john2004" wrote: > I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I > have a ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

inserting a row
I would like to have the rows insert automatically when my spreadsheet is full and push down my row that has my totals. Is this possible? I know how to insert manually, but my boss would like me to set up some documents so that he doesn't have to insert or scroll down. Easiest to put the totals at the top. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "erin m" <erin m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:359ABD8C-1A56-4679-B82B-4B4094BE75A1@microsoft.com... > I would like to have the rows insert automatically when my spreadsheet is > full and ...

collating 3 columns into one without redundancy
Hi there. I've got 3 columns of names of domains, which are never the same, and want to create a list (or column) which takes these 3 columns and list the domains in order without redundancy (the same name could be up t 10 times, so that name should appear only once in the list) I've no idea how to do this, can anyone help? Regards, K -- Kashgarin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kashgarinn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=795 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511...

Importing Dynamic data

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Formula needed for Sum(A1:C1) then Sum(D1:F1) in next cell
I am converting a monthly revenue table to a quarterly revenue table. I would like to add A1:C1 and put it the result in a new cell and then autofill the cell to the right of it so that it automatically adds D1:F1 for the next value A B C D E F 1 Jan Feb March April May June 2 10 12 12 13 14 15 Qtr1 Qtr 2 Qtr 3 sum A2:C2 Sum D2:F2 Etc... using autofill currently using autofill the first qtr is correct "=Sum(A2:C2) but the next cell gets filled with "=sum(B2:D2) instead of addi...

MCT Needed
NetCom Information Technology is looking for Microsoft Certified Trainer in these areas http://www.netcominfo.com/vendors/2/Microsoft_training.html. Please send your resume at jobs@netcominfo.com Russell Sarder President & CEO NetCom Information Technology www.netcominfo.com "The One-stop Center for IT Training" NetCom Information Technology, headquartered in the Empire State Building, New York City, has become one of the top training centers in USA offering blended learning solutions on more than 250 courses, 25 IT Vendors Training and 50 certification tracks. NetCom Info h...

Importing a CSV file

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0