I want work, and view,a single sheet in Mac Excel ... like I did in PC Excel

How do you setup MAC Excel to be able to work in a single sheet format ... the Mac Excel comes up showing several sheets.
0
EDBURR

It isn't showing "several sheets", it's using the newly introduced Page
Layout View by default. You're only viewing the one sheet but it's
'separated' into pages as it would be if you were to print the sheet.

You can click the Normal View button in the lower left corner of the
document window or go to View> Normal to change the view of any given sheet
at any time you wish � Normal being the view you're most familiar with. A
workbook reopens in the same view it was in when last saved.

You can also change the Default View for new worksheets in Excel>
Preferences> View.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/1/10 4:40 PM, in article 59bb6575.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"EDBURR@officeformac.com" <EDBURR@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you setup MAC Excel to
> be able to work in a single sheet format ... the Mac Excel comes up showing
> several sheets.

0
CyberTaz
4/1/2010 9:23:24 PM
There are two different views in Excel for Mac, Normal view and Page
Layout view. You can switch between them by clicking on View (in the
menu bar) and selecting the appropriate option, or by clicking on their
corresponding icons in the bottom left corner of the document window. If
you want Normal view as your default view, click on Excel>Preferences,
View section, and select Normal as your preferred view for new sheets.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel
4/1/2010 9:24:07 PM
I prefer to to work in page layout view to show on one page at a time, I
just magnify it until just the one highlighted (white , active) page is
shown who want to using a Magnifying glass with glass to see the page at
normal 100% view to see what you have entered. ;-)

Michel Bintener wrote:
> There are two different views in Excel for Mac, Normal view and Page
> Layout view. You can switch between them by clicking on View (in the
> menu bar) and selecting the appropriate option, or by clicking on their
> corresponding icons in the bottom left corner of the document window. If
> you want Normal view as your default view, click on Excel>Preferences,
> View section, and select Normal as your preferred view for new sheets.
>
> On 01/04/2010 22:40, EDBURR@officeformac.com wrote:
>> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you setup MAC
>> Excel to be able to work in a single sheet format ... the Mac Excel
>> comes up showing several sheets.

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip

changing outlook today view
my Change outlook today view button is no longer functional after sp3 install. This is true for 4 other computers in office. Anyone else experience this? >-----Original Message----- >my Change outlook today view button is no longer >functional after sp3 install. This is true for 4 other >computers in office. Anyone else experience this? >. >Yes, see my post "Cusatomize Outlook Today". I have experienced the same problem. I am still waiting on a response from someone. "JD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0b4f...

Outlook 2007 Alert Suddenly Stopped Working
My Outlook 2007 has been working normally for about a year, but two days ago the audio alert for new messages stopped working. The alert for reminders is still working normally. I tried associating new sounds with new mail messages; I also tried setting Tools > Options > Advanced Email Options to 'not play a sound', then rebooted, then set it *to* play a sound, rebooted: no change. I also tried associating a sound that was not contained in the Media folder (just a random .wav file) but that didn't work either. Mail alerts in the system tray continue to w...

excel contact list
What is the easiest way to convert an excel spreadsheet of contacts to a file that can be readily imported into a yahoo adress book? First of all you find out what file type the Yahoo address book will work with. *.csv or *.txt or some other structure like tab-delimited? Then you can save your Excel workbook in that format. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:57:01 -0700, "cencinio" <cencinio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the easiest way to convert an excel spreadsheet of contacts to a file >that can be readily imported into a yahoo adress b...

Macro to alphabatize your sheet tabs?
I have a workbook created by someone else with about 50 different sheet tabs. Each tab is a part number. I would like to organize them alphabetically but it is quite a chore since there are so many. Is there a macro I can use that will automatically put them in alphabetical order? Thanks in advance for any help! Jennifer http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EF9877F-4514-4EE3-AA34-19883E7D9BB4@microsoft.co...

want questions

Deserializing an XML (soap) file on a pocket pc into a hashtable
I am porting some code from a PC to a PocketPC. I want to read data from an XML-file into a hashtable. But since the soapformatter does not exist in the compact framework I have to find a workaround. I have tried to use xmlserializer, but it always wants me to supply it with a type. If I use the type of hashtable I get an exception. Any help or hints would be highly appreciated. Below is the code as it more or less looks in my program : [Serializable] public struct CMDCLASSES { public Hashtable CmdClasses; } public CMDCLASSES ReadXml(string filename) { Stream streamReader = null; ...

HLOOKUP Not working as expected
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a PDF in Adobe Acrobat that consists of another of forms that are filled in by the user. When the fill in is complete the user emails the data to me. Within Acrobat I change the data emailed to me to a spreadsheet. In the resultant spreadsheet the names of the forms from the PDF are in row 1 and the data entered in the forms are just below it in row 2. I need to link this data to an Excel spreadsheet. I used HLOOKUP to find the data to link to my excel spreadsheet. I filled in all the forms on the PDF ...

How to Filter in to another sheet
See http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs ...

We are looking for XML/Soap/VXML expertsd to work in US as well as in India
Hello, We are looking for XML/Soap/VxML experts to work in US as well as in India, If anybody is looking for job, send your resume to stanna at optonline dot net. Salaries are attractive. Sai, stanna@optonline.net. ...

I want more!

Excel password protected not opening up on just one PC.
This is a bizarre problem. We have an excel sheet that is password protected and is able to open up on every other computer except for this one PC. I don't understand why, but it just keeps on saying the password is wrong. I've tried the Cap Locks and I've tried a new keyboard, still no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! All I can think of is to put a copy of the unprotected sheet on the PC and then setup the protection and see if it can be used on the rogue PC at first, then any other PC if that's OK. "M. Lord" wrote: > This...

Distribution lists no longer working
Hey folks any input appreciated here... 2 Exch2K3 servers in 1 administrative group. Mailboxes and distribution lists for users in office two were recently migrated from 1 server to the other. Since then users on server1 can no longer send to distribution groups on server2 which contain users whose mailboxes reside on server2. When using Outlook 2000 (XP or 2003 as well) clicking the TO button and browsing the global address list I see the distribution groups, but when looking at the properties of the group none of the migrated groups have any members displayed in the members box on the rig...

Export and import a mail folder with a personalized view in a .pst file.
I try to export a mail folder with a personalized view in a .pst file. When I import the .pst, only the folder is available and not the view. I used Oulook 2002. Exporting copies only visible items, not hidden items like views. If = it's a view created in a particular folder, copying the entirre folder = to another .pst file will copy the view.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http...

Chart on multiple sheets
I am new to charts and i would like to create a chart from multiple sheets in a workbook. Can this be done? Like many tasks in Excel: "That depends". Check this tutorial for details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "acss" <joekru98@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:EFE1E4BD-2898-40B2-8773-ABE5CC665646@microsoft.com... >I am new to charts and i would like to create a chart from multi...

ISV works
I made a change to my ISV.config file and the change that I desire is correct. Do I always leave ISV active? In other words am I supposed to leave <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/> on? Or, am I supposed to take the change that I made to ISV.config and copy it to a different file? It was my understanding that ISV was for testing, how do I make this change permanent. Yes you are suppoed to leave ISV.Config active. It is not just for testing. If you are happy with the change your system can be left alone. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.ms...

IE8 does no longer work message in Windows 7
I get an many web pages the german "Internet Explorer funktioniert nicht mehr" means does no longer work without any further information. For example I can not start the popup of exactly this new questions dialog with IE. I now needed to install alternative browser for doing it. I only want do repair IE in order to see if it is only my installation that is wrong, because I moved the partition with an partition manger. But unfortunately I can not download IE8 for Windows 7. Please help me how to repair an IE8 installation under WIndows 7 the support pages only refer to ...

How To Protect Sheet For SHIV
SHIV I cannot reply to your posting but this is what you need to do:- To lock all the cells in a Worksheet in EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- 1. Hit Ctrl-1 to launch Format Cells. 2. Protection tab. 3. Remove the green tick from the box called:- Locked - then hit OK. 4. Highlight all the cells in your Worksheet by clicking in the box to the left of A and above 1 in the top left hand corner. This should cause your Worksheet to become highlighted. 5. Ctrl-1 to launch Format Cells once more. 6. Protection tab. 7. Place a green tick from the box ca...

Filter Default on the Opportunities Associated View?
Does anyone know how to change the filter default on the Opportunities Associated View? Within Accounts, it defaults to "Open"... and I would like to change the default to "All". Any ideas? Don't know if you've already solved this but here's the answer: Go to "Settings" and then "Customization" and then "Customize Entities". Doubleclick the entity you want to change eg. "Opportunities" Then click "Forms and Views" on the left and click the view you want to be the default so that the row is selected. Cli...

xyScatterChart macro works on WinXP Pro & not on WinXP Home?
I have a ScatterChart macro that works perfectly with Excel2000 on my Win XP Pro computer. I select two columns and click on the macro and the xyScatterChart is displayed. When I moved this exact same code to my new Laptop with Excel2000 and WinXP Home, the macro would not produce a xyScatterChart but produced a double line chart with two lines(two sets of points) for the selected two columns instead of an xyScatterChart. I can't figure out why the code below works on my WinXP Pro desktop and not the same on my WinXP Home laptop. Thanks for any help. Dennis ====myScatterChart Code==...

how to change list view item's height?
I want to change class CListCtrl 's feature. My requirements include: 1. checkboxs support 2. itme icon support 2. item height can be update. 3. different items has different height 4. the item's subitem can display in more lines just like this O subitem1 subitem2 subitem3 ----- subitem1 iocn| subitem2 ------ subitem3 ...... Take a look at this one and see if it can at least help you get started. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ReportProject.asp Tom "tather" <tather@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177746886.550952....

Code not working
I need to capture the Last Row number as soon as the WB opens; And as the sheet2 Column A cells are filled-in have the variable Lrow furnish an up-to-date value, representing the last non-blank row in Col A of Sheet2. The below is not working; Can yo suggest a better way? TIA, Dim Lrow As Long Private Sub Workbook_Open() Lrow = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row End Sub Press Alt + F11 to open the VB editor. In the Projects pane at the upper left side of the screen, double click on ThisWorkbook and paste the code into the code wind...

print single envelope with contacts name and address
how do i print one envelope with a select contacts name and address from my outlook contacts? also, - how do i back up my contacts in outlook? - how do i import data from my palm address book into outlook? - when i go to my email address book, the names are listed in alphabetical order according to FIRST name not last. why? how do i change this? ...

Hows do I get rhe recently usef file indicator in options to work
I cannot get the gray area in general options to highlite. I would like to have all of my recently used file to come up. Have you installed tweakui in windows, if you have turned off document list there is no file list in excel either http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284896&Product=xl2003 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bubblehead" <bubblehead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0062631-654E-49A7-8B7C-B276DD296EB3@microsoft.com... >I cannot get the gray area in general options to highlite. I would like t...

Autocomplete not working
Hi, Although Autocomplete is checked in Excel "Options", it is not working. If I have written 'abcxyz' in a column, and I write the letters 'ab' or even 'abc', in the same column, Excel doesn't suggest the word 'abcxyz'. I'm using Excel 2003 SP2. SantistaS Have you run through the suggestions in Help ("Microsoft Excel doesn't always display the AutoComplete list" topic). From what you posted, I'd guess that you're trying to autocomplete outside the current data region. In article <e57uAzTEGHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP...