how to create line Chart with large number of data points

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Excel allows only some 200 data points. I would need 1025! Is there a way to achieve that or do I have to look for some other special charting software
0
afterthought

Thanks! You are right. I found the solution.
0
afterthought

Attach Rows with Row Data
I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a Column, but if I sort by Date/Time, Just that changes, the other columns don't change with it. How can I either LOCK or ATTACH the Rpw data together so when I sort, Everything changes, not just the Date/Time? Thanks Mike Miller Hi just select the entire data range (all columns) prior to sorting your data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Admiral_Kirk_1" <Admiral_Kirk_1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAFA6FEE-04C3-4AFB-9FA6-CFF7A41224C9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a ...

create a roster

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

Irregular formation of numbers
Hi, I hope someone can help, I am trying to format numbers in a column. the numbers are all 10 digits (ie. 0405613020) and from cell to cel are all different. What I am trying to do is for them to take on the format below: 0405.61.30.20 I have tried different things.. but nothing seems to work.. I have ove 250 cells that need to look like that, and it's very long and tedious.. Hope someone can help me.. Diamonelle :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You can put this formula in a helper column, copy it down as far a needed and then copy-paste special -...

So many Tunnel Adapters
Hi, I understand that Tunnel Adapter LAN is for encapsulating IPv6 packets with an IPv4 header so that they can be sent across an IPv4 network. Few queries popped up in my mind based on this :- 1. Why is the numbering for the Tunnel adapter LAN not sequential ? It is like 6,7,12,13,14,15,16. A strange numbering scheme ?! I tried to figure it out by thinking of some arithmetic series. But, it does not seem to fit in. There is a huge gap between 7 and 12. Any ideas ? 2. What is the need for so many number of Tunnel Adapter LAN connection ? Can you tell me a scenario that re...

this is a test subject line
a test I say ...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

VBA Question
Hi, I have a form with a combobox control that list some sizes. They are: 12 18 20 22 I have another text box for keying a custom size, such as 12'2". What I would like to do is have the combobox default to the next size (in this case 18). Here's the code I have used so far (it does a little more than what I am asking for but to give an idea): Dim MCUST As String MCUST = Me.custwidth If Str(Me.widthck) <> Me.custwidth Or Len(Me.custwidth) <> Len(Me.widthck) Then Me.widthck.Value = Int(Val(MCUST)) + 1 If InStr(Int(Me.widthck) / 2, ".&...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Create external database

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

Continuous form record number
I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse is (was just) placed. How can I find out the record number? Alternatively any idea is welcome. Thanks Henry "H. Martins" <hjrmartins@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4ab14e1-51c6-4c16-8a78-bc7df76670de@k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com... >I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. > > Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse > is (was just) placed. > > Ho...

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created