How to change formulae to static cell values?

I have an Excell spreadsheet with a column of consecutive numbers. Instead of
the values being "1", "2", "3",... they are "1", "=a1+1", "=a2+1"... How can
I change these formulae to the values that they display as static cell values?

Thanks in advance.

Select & copy the range of cells. Leave them selected & go to Edit> Paste
Special, choose Values from the Paste options, then OK.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/9/09 3:45 AM, in article
41FD2E5D-6D37-4A7D-88E3-E297DC25F93E@microsoft.com, "dotancohen"
<dotancohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have an Excell spreadsheet with a column of consecutive numbers. Instead of
> the values being "1", "2", "3",... they are "1", "=a1+1", "=a2+1"... How can
> I change these formulae to the values that they display as static cell values?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
CyberTaz

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Hidden rows unhide themselves when formulas are written
I have a worksheet with many hidden rows & columns. However, when I try to write a formula in this worksheet, these hidden rows & columns automatically unhide themselves. Is there any way to disable this? ...

How to change icon for my application

How to MATCH value up a column
I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Hi I don't know what you are looking for, but see: MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0) or VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "DevourU" wrote: > I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Thankx for the reply. Here is my formula:=IF(A11>A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))). I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4, display next column B4. Clear as mu...

How do I identify if a cell in excel contains a formula or a numbe
I would like to identify some how if a cell contains just a written number (ex "25000") or contains a formula. I would like to do this because I have an array where some cell contains formulas but some are numbers and I would like to be able to use conditional formating to highlight the cells that just have a number. Regards /Tobias Click on the cell and look at the formula bar. The formula or the value will appear there. Ian "Tobias Andersson" <Tobias Andersson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C49F9-91D7-4F0C-8581-FF04AF3E9375@microsoft.com...

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Average formula #6
What formula do I use to calculate a weekly average as the monthly tota changes? Example: july total value divided by 28weeks, august value divided b 32 weeks, sept value divided by 36 weeks and so on In other words, a weekly average as each month ends and the value i entered I hope someone understands this and can help thanks so much lesli -- onyx481 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47137 As...

Lookup next non-empty cell
Let's say I have a range A1:T1 . How can I do a lookup which returns the first non-empty cell, irrespective of the cell's content. And by 'first' I mean the first as if reading left-to-right - so if M1 was the first cell in the range (left-to-right) not to be empty that value would be returned. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason =INDEX(A1:T1,MIN(IF(A1:T1<>"",COLUMN(A1:T1)))) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just Enter. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my ad...

Formulas #38
Ok, I use to have a spreadsheet that would self populate data from an attached spreadsheet. The way it worked is that I had one spreadsheet that contained data and another that was a form. Basically it was set up so that I could enter the row number from the data spreadsheet on the from spreadsheet and it would fill in the form with the appropriate data. Now I need to set up another spreadsheet the same way, but I can't seem to remember the formula. Is there anyone out there that does something like this. I would greatly appreciate any help. Jesse13579 Wrote: > Ok, I use ...

Change a formula to an acual number

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

How do use the if formula
How do I use an IF formula that displays PASSING if the average of the project grades is at or above 36 points and UNSATISFACTORY if that is not the case? if each score is in cells A1 to A4 then use =IF(AVERAGE(A1:A4)>=36,"PASSING ","UNSATISFACTORY ") -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Fahim" wrote: > How do I use an IF formula that displays PASSING if the average of the > project grades is at or above 36 points and UNSATIS...