Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
DonnieB

This is possibly a rare occurrence which I've seen only 2-3 times in more
than 20 years & I've been unable to reproduce it or determine how it
happens. Try this:

Select a cell within the data range, then go to Data> Filter, select the
Show All command

If that isn't it please specify your exact update level of Office & OS X in
your reply. If you can offer any additional details about the file it may
help. Also, can you hide/unhide rows & columns of other sheets in the
workbook?

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<DonnieB@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
> use this formating feature quite often. But, on this one worksheet which
> is a rather large data list (6000 Rows) I can NOT unhide rows that I have
> previously hidden. It just does not work.
>
> I have other workbooks open and I have no problem hiding and unhiding in
> the normal way.
>
> The workbook is NOT protected. The cells are not locked. But the file was
> originally a windows file.
>
> Is there some switch I do not know about?

9
CyberTaz
3/11/2010 3:37:34 PM
0
DonnieB
3/11/2010 9:31:56 PM
XinXin Liu  <br>
> By the way I am OS 10.5.8 <br>
> Office For MAC 2008  12.2.3 <br>
> Cheers....
0
XinXin

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Restoring over Adventure Works
With v1.2, can I redeploy a CRM production database over to the Adventure Works database within the same AD environment? Jimmie ...

System keep rebooting and safe mode is not working
hello. i run xp and in trying to boot up, the system shuts down and restarts again and again. I have tried "last good config," but it makes no difference. I try to access safe mode, but it won't let me get further than trying - it too returns me to constant rebooting. i chose 'no reboot on failure,' and got the following stop error: 0x0000007B (0x79BB528, 0xc0000000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) i ran a scan disk and it revealed no disc problems and i installed the drive as a slave and ran malware bytes and super antispy - they found nothing. i am afraid ...

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

code not working with auto fill
I have a code working very well when I fill cells manually, but when I use auto fill the code stops working as if it does not exist . how can I make the code work with the auto fill. Thank you. Don't really understand the question. Do you mean that you are recording code but the recorded code does not work with Autofill? -- Regards, OssieMac "forcast" wrote: > I have a code working very well when I fill cells manually, but when I use > auto fill the code stops working as if it does not exist . how can I make > the code work with the auto fill. > ...

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Send to mail recipient feature not working correctly.
When a user right clicks a file and chooses send to mail recipient a new mail message window opens. He can type in the message and you can see the file attached, but when he hits the send button nothing happens. Any suggestions? Office 2003, Windows XP SP2 Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com <Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com> wrote: > When a user right clicks a file and chooses send to mail recipient a > new mail message window opens. He can type in the message and you can > see the file attached, but when he hits the send button nothing > happens. What do you mean by "nothing h...

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Pan & Zoom Widget -- Has anyone found a way to make this feature work with Netscape of Firefox Browsers ?

C++ VS 2005 Application works in Debug, not in Release Mode
I have a C++ application which runs in debug, though not release, mode. The application opens a dialog box, which generates an error when run in release mode. It instantiates correctly, but the OnInitDialog() method throws an error. The dialog itself is simple, it has only a progress bar and a bitmap. When I look at modules which get loaded, I see that comctl32.dl gets loaded twice, once from the Windows\System32 directory, once from the Windows\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft... directory. Could this be the problem? My code in the OnInitDialog() method now looks like this: MyDlg::OnInitDialog...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Idle 10 mins and disconnect connection not working?
I have set the network connection setting under control panel, when it idles more than 10 mins, then disconnect it automatically. I run a Excel's macro at 4 PM, which require accessing internet for the first 30 mins at most, then Excel will keep performing calculation for a list of workbooks without any requirement to access internet any more. but when I come home at 6:30pm, Excel is still running for the rest of workbook, but internet is still connected, I don't have any idea why the network setting does not disconnect the internet after 10 min idle. Does anyone have ...

Will this work? #3
I have edb and stm files in a separate hard disk from a domain that does not exists anymore. I create a new server with Exchange, and new domain, with same usernames an everything almost indentical, but rebuilt from scracth. I stop Exchange services, and in the new Exchange server, I replace new edb and stm files with the old ones (the ones I recovered from the broken server). I start Exchange services. will this work? On 29 Dec 2006 04:17:39 -0800, "VistaUser" <eaemtxy02@sneakemail.com> wrote: >I have edb and stm files in a separate hard disk from a domain that >doe...

Check boxes in a form not working
A user has a spreadsheet in which he has added checkboxes by drawing them in design mode and resizing to cover a cell. Then exits design mode and they work OK. When he protects the worksheet the check boxes are protected too. He has unlocked the control of the boxes but it still doesn't work, does he need to create the checkboxes in another way? What is he doing wrong? thanks in advance Diane It sounds like he used the checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar. Have him try this: (unprotect the sheet) Go back into design mode rightclick on the checkbox and show its properties...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...