Fomating arrow on comment boxes

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spreadsheet, and the arrow is pointing to a cell.  I want to format the direction the arrow is pointing or eliminate it, but the &quot;format comment arrow&quot; is grayed out in the &quot;format comment menu&quot;.  What do I do to activate it? <br>
Thanks, <br>
Susan
0
gtclover

On 4/29/10 10:31 AM, gtclover@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power
> PC Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spreadsheet, and the arrow is
> pointing to a cell. I want to format the direction the arrow is pointing
> or eliminate it, but the "format comment arrow" is grayed out in the
> "format comment menu". What do I do to activate it?
> Thanks,
> Susan
If the comments are visible, just drag the comment box to where you want
it. Then if you hide the comments but leave the comment indicator, the
comment will appear at the last location you set. If this does not
answer your question, please be more specific as to what you are trying
to accomplish.

--

Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
0
> Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spreadsheet, and the arrow is pointing to a cell.  I want to format the direction the arrow is pointing or eliminate it, but the &quot;format comment arrow&quot; is grayed out in the &quot;format comment menu&quot;.  What do I do to activate it? <br>
> Thanks, <br>
Susan
0
gtclover
4/29/2010 3:47:18 PM
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power <br>
> > PC Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spreadsheet, and the arrow is <br>
> > pointing to a cell. I want to format the direction the arrow is pointing <br>
> > or eliminate it, but the &quot;format comment arrow&quot; is grayed out in the <br>
> > &quot;format comment menu&quot;. What do I do to activate it? <br>
> > Thanks, <br>
> > Susan <br>
> If the comments are visible, just drag the comment box to where you want  <br>
> it. Then if you hide the comments but leave the comment indicator, the  <br>
> comment will appear at the last location you set. If this does not  <br>
> answer your question, please be more specific as to what you are trying  <br>
> to accomplish. <br>
> --  <br>
> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom <br>

0
gtclover
4/29/2010 8:52:42 PM
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power <br>
> > PC Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spreadsheet, and the arrow is <br>
> > pointing to a cell. I want to format the direction the arrow is pointing <br>
> > or eliminate it, but the &quot;format comment arrow&quot; is grayed out in the <br>
> > &quot;format comment menu&quot;. What do I do to activate it? <br>
> > Thanks, <br>
> > Susan <br>
> If the comments are visible, just drag the comment box to where you want  <br>
> it. Then if you hide the comments but leave the comment indicator, the  <br>
> comment will appear at the last location you set. If this does not  <br>
> answer your question, please be more specific as to what you are trying  <br>
> to accomplish. <br>
> --  <br>
> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom <br>

0
jjpaul

Crashes with two dialog boxes
Crashes with two dialog boxes ------- Folks, could anyone help me. I have two processes, both of which have modeless dialog boxes that have instances CProgressCtrl classes to show progress on the screen. With great frequency if both of these dialog boxes are displaying at the same time one of the processes crash because of an assert in the file WINCORE.CPP because of the following ASSERT BOOL CWnd::UpdateData(BOOL bSaveAndValidate) { ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); // calling UpdateData before DoModal? <--CRASH here ............ ............ } This is called from the UpdateData() method i...

Hiding Combo Boxes
Is it possible for me to create a macro so that when I click a button, a combo box is hidden? I'm using Excel 2007 and Vista Home Premium if that helps Thanks It'll depend on what kind of button and what kind of combobox. It could be as simple as: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.ComboBox1 .Visible = Not .Visible End With End Sub This actually toggles the visibility. If you just want to hide it, use this line: .Visible = false charlie1234 wrote: > > Is it possible for me to create a macro so that when I click a button...

Tab & Arrow keys not working
I notice that my Tab and Arrow Keys do not fucntion when I reply to any email. Does anyone know why? I'm using Outlook 2002 and Windows XP professional (but same probelm whilst using Windows NT too!) To workaround this probelm, I have to Alt-Tab to another window and then Alt-Tab back again!! Then it works fine!!! Please help. ...

check box for hiding columns
I�ll like to have a checbox that if marked will hide columns J and K can somebody help me with the code??? Thanks. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rodolfo Sub Hidecols() Dim r As Range Set r =3D Range("J1:K1") r.EntireColumn.Hidden =3D Not r.EntireColumn.Hidden End Sub Attach the macro to a command button or checkbox after the=20 macro is pasted into a module. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >I=B4ll like to have a checbox that if marked will hide=20 columns J and K, >can somebody help me with the code??? > >Thanks. > >Rod...

Hiding message boxes
Is there a way that I can prevent dialogue boxes from appearing when a file is opened? I want to put a copy of a report on my company extranet and many cells reference cells from another spreadsheet. When you open the file, it wants to know if the current spreadsheet should be updated. The answer will always be no for anyone wanting to view the report. Maybe there's another way to accomplish this I'm unaware of? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you -- Diane D. ...

Break Arrow
Hello, For the past year, when creating flow charts in Visio, I could move a shape between two other shapes and the arrow connecting them would split so that I had two arrows connecting all three shapes. Now, suddenly, whenever I place a shape between two others, the arrow simply curves around the middle shape. How do I set it so that the shape will break the arrow? thank you jen On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:15:01 -0800, jen_writer <jenwriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >For the past year, when creating flow charts in Visio, I could move a shape >between two other...

text boxes and superscripts
What is the difference between using a superscript and putting something in a text box? Is there any reason to do one vs the other? Thanks. Hi, Curious. I don't even see them as being related. If you want to write water as H2O, then you superscript the 2 to make it rise and be smaller than the other two characters. You put something in a textbox because there's no other way to place it where you need it due to other constraints like margins or orientation of text. There's many other reasons, of course, but I'm not sure what they mean to you. I'm not sure what prompts your...

Copy / Move Dialog Box Interruptions
Is there a way to copy / delete / move / etc files without having to play 20 questions with the computer? The issue is as an example: I want to move a large number of files, the computer starts with “Preparing to move”, then it wants confirmation that I want to move the files, then sometime during the move (while I have left the screen) a dialog box comes up and asks me if I want to move the read-only file… later, another dialog box comes up and asks me if I want to move the executable file…. And on and on…. The problem is that every time the dialog box comes up, the computer s...

Login boxes pop up on loading pages
New problem has come up within the last few days. Whenever I open ie8 and begin surfing the web, a small pop up with a login (asking for User Name and Password) comes up. Two of the big offenders are Facebook and New York Times. Has anyone else noticed this kind of thing? Any ideas on how to eliminate it? Thank you! Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Do you have a multip...

FRx Fomatting Help
I am trying to create a report in FRx 6.7 that looks like the old report created in Word or Word Perfect. The heading has the company name, the name of the report, the date covered and a nice pretty line that goes from the one side of the page to the other. How can I add a line to the header in FRx? Note: I don't want to do it in the Row format since it will appear below the column headings. I tried to get one to show up in the column format but with out any success. Any suggestions appreciated. You can have four lines in the page header and up to nine column header lines i...

Calendar Text Box all the same
How can I make each calendar day for a whole year have the same text in it withough cut/paste each individual box seperately....Is there a way to format the text box so they are all the same for the 12 months? ...

To Find Mail Box names in Exchange Server
Hi all, I would like to find the list of mailboxes in our exchange server. Is there any way to find the mailbox name list using Extended MAPI or should i go for any other API. Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Regards, deena Single server? Easiest way would be to export list from Exchange System Manager. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <tsgd84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156427829.128690.229380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

One box for Server 2003, AD, and Exchange 2003
Can I have one box do everything, like I could with a NT4 PDC and Exch5.5? If so, how many users if each has a 100MB mailbox limit on a single processor with 1GB RAM? Thanks! On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:48:02 -0700, "admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote: >Can I have one box do everything, like I could with a NT4 PDC and Exch5.5? > >If so, how many users if each has a 100MB mailbox limit on a single >processor with 1GB RAM? > >Thanks! > Depends on the beef of the box and how many users have this 100MB mailbox. Have you looked at SBS? If ther...

Combo box #18
Hi I'd like to have a drop-down list in one cell and based on the selection in this cell, there needs to be another list of drop downs in an adjacent cell. How do i do this? Eg - first cell would have drop down - A, B , C If A is selected, the drop-down needed in anotehr cell is AA, AB, AC, AD. And if B is selected, the second cell should drop down BA, BB, BC, BD. Pls help. thanks > I'd like to have a drop-down list in one cell and based on > the selection in this cell, there needs to be another list > of drop downs in an adjacent cell. How do i do this? See here h...

Can I print data validation comments
I would like to print out data validation comments. When I select view comments data validation does not appear. How can I print entered data validation Since there is no printing option specific to validation input messages you might try listing them in a sheet with a macro, and then printing that. Sub ListValidationInputMsgs() Dim ValRg As Range Dim Cell As Range Dim Counter As Integer On Error GoTo NoValidations Set ValRg = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation) Worksheets.Add For Each Cell In ValRg Counter = Counter + 1 Cells(Counter,...

Top margins in linked text boxes are misaligned
I have a rather long document with linked text boxes. All is well and good, except all but the first text box bring the top line of text closer to the top of the text box. I have double checked and the text box margins are exactly the same, yet the first text box still looks like it has a larger top margin. Each text box needs to look the same for this publication and I am really trying to avoid tweaking the margins on all but one text box on a document that is nearing 100 pages in length. If the margins are the same, shouldn't the text end up in the same place? (Publisher 2003) ...

Bullet points don't display properly

Epay drop down arrow
Im using money 2001. To the right of the number box there should be a dropdown arrow to select epay or next check number etc. The arrow has dissapeared and I have tried resizing the window further to the right to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks ...

Conditional fomatting
I am trying to write a formula for cell D2 that is =B2-C2 but only if C2 has data entered or maybe if C2 is greater tha 0 I have tried different variations on this =B2-C2,SUMIF(C2>0) but I keep getting errors with the 0 I am trying to get a buget with carryover overages or underages i.e. B2= budgeted amount C2= actual spent D2= overage or underage I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > I am trying to write a formula for cell D2 that is > =B2-C2 but only if C2 has data entered > or maybe if C2 is greate...

How to add an arrow
I have a front wooksheet which summaries the 4 other worksheets. I want a quick way to show if the volumes are improving or getting worse. So I wanted to put a bold green "up arrow" or red "down arrow" in the relative cells, but I do not know how to achieve this. At the moment the difference is shown as a + or - numbers. With thanks Bob Try =If(A<0,"p","q") (assuming A column holds your + or - numbers) then format the column to the font 'wingdings 3'. Then use conditional formatting to make p = green and q = red. Sandy "Box666&qu...

Send to my box one thousand people names and email addresses
i need one thousand names and email addresses Display their names also <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i need one thousand names and email addresses Yeah, like people will be stupid enough to do that! -- Brian Tillman "Display their names also" <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87AF0B51-09A5-411C-8AC5-9F8801EC0779@microsoft.com... >i need one thousand names and email addresses Make them up yourself. "Display their names also" <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

AP Transaction Entry, Vendor should show vendor card comment
We are using GP Version 9. When entering an ap transaction, it would be helpful to have a brief comment/note on the vendor be viewable. You could note that the vendor needs special attention to prevent entering/paying a vendor in error or getting the proper coding, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

imaged combo box
hi group, combobox to be made imaged . (MFC dialog based application) i mean loading images on combobox for desired look. please help. thanx in adavnce. If you are asking to use images with CComboBox, you can use CComboBoxEx: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kfs1k0ss(VS.80).aspx ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com thanx ajay This discussion may be interesting to you: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/printthread.php?t=254702 Tom "Neel" <urneel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143523425.347607.10310@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > hi group, > > c...

can i have a line with arrow?
can I have a line with arrow in my charts ? How can do it ? thank you Only with the Drawing tool -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "geowayhu" <geowayhu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50D67706-DEBD-4E8A-9CB3-E818A2D46407@microsoft.com... > can I have a line with arrow in my charts ? > How can do it ? thank you One example on this page shows how to make a line with an arrowhead appear as the charted series: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP P...

Dialog box icon
Hi, I would like to know how can i change the default icon of my dialog box ? I don't find anywhere a setting for that. tia, Maileen "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23$SetP98DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to know how can i change the default icon of my dialog box ? > I don't find anywhere a setting for that. > tia, See if using WM_SETICON or CWnd::SetIcon is the solution. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...