Exponential number format

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm trying to write exponential formulas in excel 2008, but it doesn't recognize the symbol ^ that we use on excel for windows. <br>
example: <br>
0
Kika

The same expression should yield the same result. If it doesn't, there is
something amiss on your local system. Confirm that both Office & OS X are
fully updated. Office 2008 hould be at 12.2.4 & 10.6.3 is current for Snow
Leopard. Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates then restart the
Mac.

If that doesn't rectify it you may have an inappropriate keyboard input
selected in System Preferences, some other setting improperly adjusted or
perhaps a damaged .plist file.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<Kika@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel I'm trying to write exponential formulas in excel 2008, but it
> doesn't recognize the symbol ^ that we use on excel for windows.
> example:
> Excel Windows : = 2^2 -> result: 4
>
> Excel Mac : = 2^2 -> result: error
>
> When we import some sheet from windows to mac with this formula works, but
> when I try to create on mac not recognize.
>
> My question is: There is any other way to use this Symbol, for this kind
> of formula?

0
CyberTaz

rounding up for number not for decimal
I have excel 2003 installed on my machine all what I am looking for to round up the number not the decimal example roundup 15600.00 to 16000.00 example roundup 14780.00 to 15000.00 any one know Hi with your values in A1 =ROUND(A1,-3) Cheers JulieD "Admin" <admin@admin.com> wrote in message news:%23wjYqps1EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have excel 2003 installed on my machine all what I am looking for to >round > up the number > not the decimal > example roundup 15600.00 to 16000.00 > example roundup 14780.00 to 15000.00 > > any one know >...

Lucky Number
I want to print a Fete Programme which has a lucky number. So I want a box that prints a rising nmumber, starting at 1 on each printed programme. Is it possible? You need to setup a data base with your numbers and use mail merge in Publisher. You can create a list within Publisher, use Excel (example here http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm) Access or Word. What version Publisher? Help here: This article is for 2003 but it is about the same in 2007. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David Rudman" <DavidRudm...

How do I format a cell with numbers, text and hyphens
more details would help e.g. i have ................... in my cells and i would like to see ...................... cheers JulieD "Yaya" <Yaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFA65E7B-807D-4750-9670-34FC3DE78E67@microsoft.com... > If you want numbers, text, and hyphens, the cell must be formatted as TEXT. But you won't be able to do any calculations with the numbers unless you separate them out and use the value function. ...

Serial Number Transfers
Does any one have any ideas of how to transfers serial numbers from store to store without having to re-scan the items at the receiving end . The first problem was the slow scanning of multiple serial numbers , but now our scanner is programmed to handel the jumps to the next line. But now we have to transfer from store to store and the hassle of re entering the serial number on the receiving end is a problem . This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C6FC2E.7882EFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...

customizing chart column color formats in code
I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to automate this. Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to numberOfColumns check group If group = 1 set color accordingly else set color differently end if Did that make sense? TIA Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditio...

Change Format
Another Question from Andrew. I have a table [Contracts] with a field [Contract_Number], text field, no duplicates. This table is maintained by in house (Back end). Users of the database (Front end) fill out routine data on forms which fill up several tables. Queries are used to compile data for reports, most of which is the same however depending on [Client] the format of the form must change. I have designed several forms to meet their “Particular needs”. Is there a way to fire off the info to the right form (using a print form button) based on [Contract_Number] ? Any h...

Currency formating problem
I am having trouble getting currency to format correctly. I cannot get the period to appear in us currency. I get $6 50 no matter what I try to change. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 with no change. I have also installed all of the available updates. Any thoughts? ...

Speed issues with large volume of serial numbers
Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know isn't perfect), but it seems to take 15 or 20 minutes to assign. And 3rd party add-ons? hi Msauce What kind of Hardware are running this on? It sounds like the SQL server is having an issue and not he client. -- Fliehigh "MSauce" wrote: > Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial > numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know > isn't p...

Get Week number from Date
Hello All, for my job I need to get week number from date (date format doesn� matter). I know, that in excel (beggining 2003 edition) is simpl function WEEKNUM. But unfortunetelly in our firm is used 2000 version I�ve worked on solution for really long time (compare with anothe issues i�ve been solving) and only one solution I�ve created is thi formula: =ROUND(((C1-DATE(YEAR(C1),1,1)+WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(C1),1,1),2)-1)/7),0) it works (let�s try ;) ) but, it has problems with right counting Maybe if you check, then enter date 6/18/06 which is week 24 but m formula counts 25. Does anybody know...

exponentials
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I'm new to Macs and I'm trying to write exponential formulas in excel 2008, but it doesn't accept the ^ . Please, what am I doing wrong? Thank you. What exactly do you mean "doesn't accept"? I order to offer any assistance it helps to have a complete & accurate description of exactly what you are doing � step-by-step, character-by-character � as well as what specifically does/doesn't happen as a result. Remember, we cannot see your screen from here. It's hard to sa...

Re: Plotting an Exponential trend line
I have six data points that represent test values. I am able to compute the model with Excel2007. The data are weekly values of .86, ..91, 1.24, 1.33, 1.74 and 2.08. Another point should be available tomorrow when we receive the lab report. The model is an exponential function where y=e^.03x. the R^2 for the model per Excel is .97. When I select the option to apply a trend line and select exponential nothing appears on the graph. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. TIA oldman Hello Oldman (I wonder which of us is the older?) You gave the y-values but not the x-value...

numbers & decimals
In Excel spreadsheet 2007, I have a column I want to enter figures like these: 5.00 4.90 5.25 etc. I enter the figure, leave the cell and it goes to 0 or to 500, or to4.9. I can't keep in there what I want. Select the cells required and on the Home ribbon, click on the little arrow bottom right of Number block (about middle of ribbon), select number then set the number of decimal places to display. Regards, OssieMac "chas." wrote: > In Excel spreadsheet 2007, I have a column I want to enter figures like these: > > 5.00 > 4.90 > 5.25 > etc. > I ent...

Missing Journal Entry Numbers
Hi there, I am missing some Journal Entry numbers in my database in GP10. I have tried looking for it within SmartList Finanical> Account Transaction, but cannot seem to find it. Is there a way to find these missing Journal Entry # and what could have caused the system to skip a few before going back on the right track? Thanks Hi Ian, Only two reasons that I could think of: 1. If multiple users access GL Entry window to enter GL Trxs. One user enters a GL with JRN# say 12001, and other enters a GL with JRN# 12002. Now if user #1 deletes the JRN, but user #2 saves the G...

Excel crashes when entering numbers and formulas into cells

Make Home my default for address and phone number
I have Outlook 2003, and I sync into OutlookPC. The majority of my contacts are personal with no business address. However, I may have a business phone number. I want to make HOME address my default in Outlook. I also want the HOME phone to be above the work phone. I can change it in Outlook, but a sync will not change it on the PocketPC. I really don't want to open each name on the PocketPC to get the home phone #. ...

Conditional Formating #9
I have 4 cells. Below is what I am trying to accomplish. I need the formulas for each of the conditions. Please help. Condition for Cells 1-3 Condition 1: If date is greater than NOW() - Red Condition 2: If date is less than NOW() - Green Condition 3: If there is a date in cell 4 (over ride conditions 1 and 2) - Blue Condition for Cell 4 Condition 1: If there is a date in cell 4 - Blue Thank you, Aviator Assume the cells ar A1:A4, select A1:A3 with A1 as the active cell, format>conditional formatting formula is, for the first condition use =ISNUMBER($A$4) format button and s...

Formatting of Number fields
I have created a protected form fill document which I have all the fields Arial 11. When I click on all the fields and look at formatting it says Arial 11. All the text fields work fine. My problem is when putting number in the number fields, the text changes to Roman 8, but when I look at the formatting bar at top and format the field it says Arial 11 like all the others. How can I get the numbers to display properly? Thanks. Be sure to apply the formatting *before* you insert the fields. See also the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828501/en-us ("I...

Formatting exponentials in Excel
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that has a formula for the available space which is = total - used The thing is the space is GB or MB (1x10^9 or 1x10^6) I formatted the numbers to display 1000000 as 1.00E+06 but is there anyway of making this into 1MB so it will still calculate correctly? Hope that makes sense, Thanks, Niall. Custom format #,,\M\B OR #.#,,\M\B OR #.0,,\M\B OR 0.0,,\M\B -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "N...

Exponential trendline offset #2
I have set the normal exponential trendline to a scatterchart but hav to add an offset to the equation (instead of y = a * e^bx, I would lik to use y=(a*e^bx) + c. How can I do that in Excel? Thanks in advance. Juliano Fernande -- drjuliano ----------------------------------------------------------------------- drjulianof's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m77 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t233806 ...

Exponential?
My bank allows me to download my transactions to a CSV file. Unfortunately one of the columns just has content such as 8.03E+11. How do I get the actual content of that cell to display. I actually need the last few digits. Making the cell wider does not help. > My bank allows me to download my transactions to a CSV file. > Unfortunately one of the columns just has content such as 8.03E+11. > How do I get the actual content of that cell to display. I actually > need the last few digits. Making the cell wider does not help. Do you have the cell/column formatted as Number with 2 ...

Date format pre-1900.
Hi, I have a table of immigration ships that have arrived in Australian shores. Some....okay most.....of the ships arrived before 1900. I was trying to sort by the arrival date, which is in the format of DD MMM YYYY, but that didn't work, as there were some 1900 dates. Tried to re-style the column to DD/MM/YYYY, but the pre-1900 dates don't change to the new style. Any suggestions on how to utilise the pre-1900 dates, so that Excel can recognise them. Cheers in advance. Craig. You could use the add-in at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm ...

A number formatted as text is not recognized in a vlookup.
In a multi-tabbed workbook, we have product numbers (some with leading zeros - some with alpha-numeric values) on one tab along with other product information. On another tab, using a vLookup function that worked in Office 2000, the product numbers being typed in are not matching the product numbers on the other tab. How can we resolve this? My product numbers must be formatted as text to avoid dropping leading zeros. ...

Showing Last number only
I have 5 columns of data: A holds a date B holds a dollar value C holds another dollar value. D holds is the sum of B and C E holds a running total of D so a sheet may look like this. B C D E F 04/01 1.00 .50 1.50 1.50 04/02 2.00 1.00 3.50 5.00 04/03 5.00 04/04 1.00 1.00 2.00 7.00 and so on Total 4.00 2.50 7.00 7.00 the last row shows a total of each column. except E What I am looking to do is : in E on the total line just show the last number. I am able to do this now with this fo...

'Text' instead of number
I have spent two days manipulating data (about 300,000 cells' worth) I imported as Fixed-Width (from MAS-90, if anyone cares). The final step involves multiplying two numbers. The POSITIVE numbers imported fine, the NEGATIVE numbers imported as X.000- and give me a #VALUE! error when I use any math function with them. I have tried the Trimall macro. I am guessing that somehow Excel thinks the '-' is a DASH and not a negative... How do I change that???? See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/postfixnegatives.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- &g...

how do i draw an exponential graph