Easiest way to insert multiple copied rows?

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Currently, I copy a row, right click and choose insert copied cells. <br>
0
kevs14

Try click in first cell to be Copied.
then locate the last cell to be copied and shift click.

then locate position you want to copy (could be another spread sheet)
click in first cell hit Command-V for Paste. three steps. how's that.

kevs14@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Currently, I copy a row, right click and choose insert copied cells.
> This works great but only works for copying one row below.
>
> What if I want to copy 2 or 3 rows below?
>
> I can find blank rows, copy them, and insert them and then do this, but
> that is real tedious.
>
> I wish there was a was to simply copy a row and hit some keystroke which
> would copy that row right below as many time as you click the keystroke.
> Does this exist? thanks!

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
4/24/2010 7:25:43 PM
Sorry left out a step or two:

1. click in first cell desired
2. shift click in last cell wanted
3. command-c  to copy. (Can paste to another Spreadsheet if you desire)
4. Select cell of desired location, Click.
5. Command-V for Paste.

kevs14@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Currently, I copy a row, right click and choose insert copied cells.
> This works great but only works for copying one row below.
>
> What if I want to copy 2 or 3 rows below?
>
> I can find blank rows, copy them, and insert them and then do this, but
> that is real tedious.
>
> I wish there was a was to simply copy a row and hit some keystroke which
> would copy that row right below as many time as you click the keystroke.
> Does this exist? thanks!

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
4/24/2010 7:35:37 PM
Phillip: that does not work for rows.  And as you know, inserting blocks
of cells leads to potential disaster as some columns but not others get
their existing cells moved down.

The problem is that Excel does not allow you to repeat  the "insert
copied row(s)" action.  It's a foolish deficiency.

All I can recommend is to start by selecting N rows at your intended
insertion point,  commanding "Insert rows,"  which will give you a bunch
of new blank rows, then Copy/Pasting the cells in the original source
row.

--
Team EM to the rescue!    http://www.team-em.com
0
 kevs14@officeformac.com wrote:

> Thanks Carl you are correct. <br>
> With Phillips method you delete the row you select to copy to. Actually I
> wish it would push down that target row, but it does not seem to, it just
> seems to delete it. crazy. <br><br>I know the insert row trick, but the
> problem is what if I have a workboork with 5000 rows? It's a real hassle to
> scroll all the way to the bottom just to get some blank rows.
> &quot;selecting N rows at your intended <br>
> insertion point, commanding &quot;Insert rows,&quot; which will give you a
> bunch <br>
> of new blank rows, then Copy/Pasting the cells in the original source <br>
> row.&quot; <br><br>Did not understand: N rows, what does that mean select N
> rows? <br>
> You mean select blank rows from bottom of the page right? <br><br>Also, how
> do you dismiss the clipboard which comes up and blocks cells from view?

Not that hard :-).   What I meant was:  suppose you want to insert  row
12 seven times just below row 30.   Then select rows 31 thru 37, and
grab the menu item that says "Insert rows."  That should create 7 new
blank rows between the original rows 30 and 31.    Then you can  copy /
paste the block of cells in row 12 into the new blank rows.

So far as that ^@#($*!@%$^  'helpful' clipboard floater,  I believe you
can right-click it (cmd-click)  and select some option not to have it
appear.

--
Team EM to the rescue!    http://www.team-em.com
0
Carl
4/25/2010 3:41:28 PM
The 'Insert Options' & 'Paste Options' buttons can be disabled in Excel>
Preferences - Edit... Just clear the checks. However, if you find the tools
to be useful at times you can also leave them checked but dismiss selective
instances of them by double-clicking a cell then pressing 'return'.

I'm still not clear on your objective... Are you actually copying cells/rows
which have content & paste it into multiple rows? Or are you just trying to
insert a number of empty rows? Since you've previously inquired about
*removing* duplicate records I'm assuming you mean the latter.

If my assumption is right, use the Row Headings (where the row numbers are �
not the cells) to select as many rows as you want to insert, then rt-click
one of those selected row numbers & choose the Insert command.

However, inserting rows is usually done because the user is trying to force
new records into a specific location in an existing list. Further, that
location is because the records have something in common. If that's the case
it makes a lot more sense to just add the new records at the bottom of the
list then sort the list.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/24/10 7:03 PM, in article 59bb76c7.3@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"kevs14@officeformac.com" <kevs14@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks Carl you are correct.
> With Phillips method you delete the row you select to copy to. Actually I wish
> it would push down that target row, but it does not seem to, it just seems to
> delete it. crazy.
>
> I know the insert row trick, but the problem is what if I have a workboork
> with 5000 rows? It's a real hassle to scroll all the way to the bottom just to
> get some blank rows.
>
> Although I'm not sure I understood your solution:
> "selecting N rows at your intended
> insertion point, commanding "Insert rows," which will give you a bunch
> of new blank rows, then Copy/Pasting the cells in the original source
> row."
>
> Did not understand: N rows, what does that mean select N rows?
> You mean select blank rows from bottom of the page right?
>
> Also, how do you dismiss the clipboard which comes up and blocks cells from
> view?

0
CyberTaz
4/25/2010 5:15:38 PM
Carl, <br>
it this procedure inserts rows above, not below unfortunately, no?
0
kevs14
4/25/2010 5:22:16 PM
just add the new records at the bottom of the <br>
list then sort the list. <br><br>Thank you thank  you thank you!
0
yennta

Simplest Way to Deal With XML?
Dear : I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET XmlDocument, is there any available class. Regards Have a look at www.codeguru.com there are some nice wrapper classes. M "Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaO0IR5rEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear : > > I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET > XmlDocument, > is there any available class. > > Regards > > Use MSXML and the interfaces provided by it. It would definately help you to deal with XML. "M" &l...

E2k3 expertwith multiple domains
I am in need of 2 - 4 hours of an expert with Exchange 2003 where the Exchange server handles incoming and outgoing emails from multiple domains. Similar to what mailstreet.com is doing. I am willing to pay via paypal or whatever other method. If you are interested, let me know at this email. Thanks ...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

display multiple pages
On my first attempt to use Publisher (Office 2003) I can find no way to display 2 consecutive pages side by side on the screen; only one page at a time shows up even though I have room on a 1920x1200 monitor for more. I've searched Office Help and this 4rum with terms like "display multiple pages", "show 2 pages side by side" but remain totally frustrated and baffled... You need at least three pages before you can see a two page spread. View, two-page spread. Create your publication on pages two & three, when you are finished delete page one. Print preview...

Opening multiple accounts in Outlook 2003
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? achen <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Assuming I h...

What's the easiest way to insert a roster into publisher calendar
Select a calendar that you can include a "Schedule of events." Use this space for your roster. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mick Hoffmann" <Mick Hoffmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D07FEC85-10C7-4009-8EA4-0F169CA989B1@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel 2007
When I select cells to copy as a picture in Excel 2007, the resolution is terrible. Text and objects with shadow's are very blotchy when pasting the picture. How do you change the resolution of a 'Copy Picture'? I have been extremely dissatisfied with the picture format in Excel 2007. In earlier versions it was decent but in 2007 it's horrible. In 2007 bitmaps look better than the metafile (picture) format. I have not come across a way to make this any better, other than opening 2003 when I want to do something like this. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Pelti...

is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers?
is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? I'm not competely sure whether you mean odd rows or odd columns but would this help - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm "tat2f" wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? Conditional Formatting =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 "tat2f" wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? tat2f wrote: > is there a way to autoformat shading in all odd cell numbers? Check out this freebie. Lots of real handy features http://www.asap-utilities.com/ gls858...

Effectient way to encode CDATA elements
Ok, I'm reading data from a stream using a StreamReader. The data inside the stream is not xml, it could be anything. Based on the input StreamReader I'm writing to an output stream using an XmlTextWriter. Basically, when all is said and done, the output stream contains data from the input stream wrapped in a element contained in a parent element. My problem is twofold. Data gets read from the input stream in chunks, and the StreamReader class returns char[]. If data in the input stream contains a "]]>" it needs to be split across two CDATA elements. First, how do ...

Copying Data from a workbook to another workbook
I am trying to copy data in a merged cell from workbook/worksheet to another workbook/worksheet where the receiving cell may be a different location and different size. This is to be done via a VB macro because I will be doing multiple worksheets. Hi Pam To the best of my knowledge you can't force differently shaped ranges due to merging into one another. Merging cells is an unnecessary and unneeded activity in XL. It is a long way from best practise and you can get the same look and feel using basic formatting functions. Go into your workbooks unmerge the merged cell...

Inserting file in a header
Using Word 2007. I have an existing file that I use as the header on second and subsequent pages of letterhead paper. In Word 2003, I would just Insert / Filename in the header and be done (after choosing "different first page"). In Word 2007, I start with a blank Header, but when I go to insert the Filename (Insert/Text/Object/Text from File/Filename), nothing happens. What's wrong? Inserting a file into the header certainly works for me. Are you sure that the file you are inserting hasn't been damaged? Have you tried a different file? -- Stefan Blo...

DRP
Hi all, I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users. I intend to set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links and duplicate hardware. At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2), SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1). Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single server of very decent spec. i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc. My question is this. Is there an relatively straight forward way of ...

excel sharing multiple users one file
Is there any simple solution to sharing a large excel spreadsheet wit multiple tabs between users at different physical locations? Requirements: 1. one copy of the file centrally located 2. 3-4 users able to access and make changes simultaneously 3. users are not located at the same location (some connected via ver slow dialup connection. I tried something called badblue but that did not work very well fo us. Any suggestions? thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi though Excel has the feature of shared workbooks ('Tools - Share') this isn't that rel...

Outlook 2003: Copy Command Missing on Right-Click
In Outlook 2003, when I right click on an email message, only the move command is available; the copy command is missing! The only way I can copy an email message to another folder is to drag it with the right mouse button and then it comes up as an option. Is there a fix to this bug? Thanks... ...

copy and paste text to entire workbook
Can anyone tell me how to copy cells on one sheet and then paste to the entire workbook without going to each sheet to paste? Copy your range. Group the sheets in the new workbook and paste to all the grouped sheets. You can click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent to group some. You can rightclick on a worksheet tab and "select all sheets", too. Make sure you ungroup when you're done. Any change to a grouped sheet will be on each of the grouped sheets. (Just rightclick on a grouped worksheet tab and select ungroup sheets) Rico wrote: > > Can anyone tell m...

inserting a database with birthdays, on their birthdays in a calen
Home Publisher had a function that allowed a person to enter a group of people with their birthday(special occasions) and automatically insert their names on the appropriate date automatically Can Publisher 2003 do this and how? doug k wrote: > Home Publisher had a function that allowed a person to enter a group > of people with their birthday(special occasions) and automatically > insert their names on the > appropriate date automatically > > Can Publisher 2003 do this and how? Home Publisher and Publisher are two very different kettles of fish. Home Publisher was geare...

Is there any way to use the MATCH function with more than 1 column
For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value 215, but my data set spans more than one column. My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) returns an #N/A error. What can I do? Do you want both the row and column ? Two separate values? -- Gary's Student "Mr. Snrub" wrote: > For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value > 215, but my data set spans more than one column. > > My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) > returns an #...

Any way to save a CRM contact to outlook?
I know it's really easy to add an outlook contact into CRM using the Track button, but what do you do when you want to take an open CRM contact and save it into Outlook? Does anybody have a solution that's easier than defining the sync criteria? The idea is that executives in my client's company are NOT going to sit there and manage sync criteria when they really need a one-off sync into outlook on a discretionary basis. Thanks for your suggestions. John, When entering contacts in CRM 3.0, they are automatically create. But as d in Outlook as well as long as the user i...

Copy cell to a new cell
Hi I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the first two digits to another cell i.e. 90 and follow it up with a dummy code 00CPSS00 which will be standard for all values. the new cell should have the following value 9000CPSS00. Is there an automated function that can do this for me. Hi, If you data is in A1 enter in B1: =LEFT(A1,2)&"00CPSS00" Regards, -- AP "mohd21uk" <u20517@uwe> a �crit dans le message de news:5e5292da6a2d1@uwe... > Hi > > I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the ...

Is there a way to import SOME, but not ALL, message folders from another computer?
I've spread my Windows Mail usage over three different computers, but since the one with 32-bit Vista is now running rather slowly even with nothing else except my normal background programs running (including Norton Internet Security 2010), I want to move some of the folders to a machine with 64-bit Vista which hasn't slowed down as much. I do NOT want to blindly load every folder on the slow machine on top of any matching folder on the faster machine, possibly replacing what was there before. Also, my faster machine had a hard drive failure about a month ago, and the Wind...

how do I insert a contact into an Entourage mail message?
Hello all, I'm running Office 2004 in OS 10.3.8, and use Entourage as my primary email program. I keep all my email addresses in the Entourage address book. Many times a day, I send someone an email in which I want to insert someone else's email address. The fastest way I've found to do it is click on the cc: line, start typing the name of the person whose address I want to insert, click on the right address from the pop-up, then drag it from the cc: line into the body of the email. The obvious problem with this system is that sometimes I forget to go back up to the cc: line and...

insert row with logic
Hi, I am using the below script but don't how to modify it or if anyone can suggest anything else to include condition that if the subequent row is the same then it should skip inserting blank rows where in the colmun the data is duplicated. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub test() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim R As Long Dim rng As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange For R = rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 rng.Rows(R + 1).Resize(1).EntireRow.Insert Next R Application.ScreenUpdating =...

Is there any way to get BIOS serial number without using WMI in VC++/C++?
Is there any way to get BIOS serial number without using WMI in VC++/C+ +? I am able to get BIOS serial number using WMI classes. I want to know the way by which we can get BIOS serial number without using WMI Classes in VC++/C++? Thanks in Advance. Why do you need it? Note that if you are trying to "roll your own" copy protection, these efforts are largely futile, and can be defeated in minutes. If you want copy protection, look into commercial packages or shareware packages. Trying to invent your own is largely a waste of time. Why is using WMI bad when it is a specified int...

Multiple smtp domains in Exchange 2003
I'm re-routing incoming smtp through my new 2003 server. Currently I'm just using the windows smtp service, and don't have any connectors. So far things seem to be working fine for our main domain. We have two other domains that we need to receive mail for though, and they are getting rejected. What should I do to allow them? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;249299 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Albert Spencer" <albertsp012300@msn.com> wrote in message news:eITh1QDkEHA.3536@TK2MSF...

Protecting multiple sheets
If my workbook has 20 sheets, I would like to write a script that protects all 20 sheets at once, but it only asks the user for a password once. I basically want to display the same dialog box that appears when someone presses the "Protect Sheet" button. Is this possible? On 7 ene, 11:11, "Robert Crandal" <nob...@gmail.com> wrote: > If my workbook has 20 sheets, I would like to write a script > that protects all 20 sheets at once, but it only asks the user > for a password once. =A0I basically want to display the same > dialog box that appe...