Decimal point vs comma

Version: 2008

when entering normal numbers in cells using decimal point it will not autosum. by using a comma in place of decimal point no problem. i must have a setting wrong
0
Antje

The "wrong setting" most likely is in your OS X System Preferences. Go to
the 'Language & Text' Preferences & adjust your 'Region' and/or 'Numbers'
formats. Excel will pick up on the changes when you next launch it.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/3/10 2:03 PM, in article 59bb66c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Antje@officeformac.com" <Antje@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) when entering
> normal numbers in cells using decimal point it will not autosum. by using a
> comma in place of decimal point no problem. i must have a setting wrong

0
CyberTaz

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

Money & Amex download &Money Small Business vs Quickbooks
Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. Just found you searching for some answers! I have two questions that maybe someone can help with. I was using Money Deluxe 04 and really liked it. Downloading transactions made life so much easier. But then came Money 05. I don't know what they did( I don't think they know either) but for some reason you couldn't create online services with Amex without adding a third account that was the sum total of the regular account and the sign and travel, so needless to say numbers were all wrong. Then they promised me that the problem was fixed. They d...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

Currency and the number of decimal places
I have an application which has neen running for a number of years, firstly on Access2000 then XP and now on Access 2003. It uses many currency fields for invoicing , credit notes etc. Each field which is of currency type has the decimal property set to 2. Up until recently the ATB balanced fine but lately it has been a few cents out. The reason is that some amounts have been put in with 3 decimal places and some calculations (eg GST of 10% of $398.68 returning to the GST field a value of $39.868) returning 3 decimal places. I guess with the calculations, I can code to make sure only ...

No decimals?
Hello! Is it possible to stop Money (2005) from using decimal places in the base currency? I am using a currency that uses only integers and no cents (because cents are almost worthless), and invoices amounts usually get some cents due to sales tax calculations, Is it possible to get rid of them? I find this very annoying since cents accumulate over several transactions, and end up with an slightly unreal balance... Thanks! Keiv Hi, It was possible in older version (pobably until 2001). You had to change the Windows's regional settings in the control panel before a new file creatio...

Any point to Task Manager when we have others?
Like Process Explorer? Any other recommendations? I need a program that has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not always). What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? -- ~Robear Dyer (P...

Decimal number to percentage formula (newbie question)
I've got a column full of numbers like 0.5, 1.0, etc. I need them to look like 0.500%. I figured out how to format the cells so that 0.5 looks like 0.500, but when I change the cell format to percentage, it makes 0.500 into 50.000%. So I figured out how to make a formula that divides 0.500 by 100 (=R1C6/100), resulting in 0.005, which I can format to a percentage and get 0.500%. Where I'm stumped is in applying that formula to the entire column. Instead of =R1C6/100, I want my formula to say =all rowsC6/100. How do I tell it {allrows}? Thanks for putting up with a newbie Ken Benson ...

Different Starting Points on X-Axis
Hi there, I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to chang...

Count digits before decimals and after decimals
Dear expert, Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals. For example, 111975.35 should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals 12456.25 should be 5 and 2 2478.24 should be 4 and 2 248.37 should be 3 and 2 Using LEN does not help. Can you help please? Hi, Why doesn't LEN help. try these =LEN(INT(A1)) and for the decimal portion =IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1)),0,LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while...

Outlook Contacts vs. OL Express Address Book
Is there any way to keep the 'Address Book' in sync with my Outlook Contacts - e.g. thru Imports\Exports, etc.? Alternatively, can Outlook Express be set up to use the Outlook Contacts list? My 'Address Book' is years out-of-date compared to my Outlook Contacts list.. ...

Entry point not found error
Running XPPro; Outlook 2000. Reinstalled Windows after removing SP2 update. With Outlook open, when I click on Outlook Today, I get this popup box message: "Personal Folders-Microsoft Outlook: Outlook.exe-Entry point not found. The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL." Clicking "OK" does not get rid of the box. I have to close the program to get rid of it. I tried repairing MSOffice, but that did not help. What do I need to do? Visit Windows Update and get the latest version of MDAC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

How do i plot a chart for alphanumerical VS time
Hello.. I got a requirement to plot a chart for alphanumerical VS time as follows.. Wards Time a1 7.05 7.10 7.22 a2 7.02 7.12 7.45 a3 7.06 7.11 7.36 Thanks Sreeni What exactly are you trying to show? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sreeni72" <Sreeni72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04375746-64A9-414A-A221-4DFF91A7B677@microsoft.com... > Hello.. > > I got a requirement to plot a chart for alphanumerical VS t...

European vs American decimals
I have transferred a chart with statistics from an American Website to my Dutch version of Excel 2003. All the statistics are stated in the American format (with a period as the decimal sign): example = 8.6 I am not able to make formulas because Excel doesn't seem to recognize the period (.) as a decimal sign. (all my equations get the answer 0) I would like to know how to change the period into a comma(the Dutch decimal sign), so that I can use the formula function. or I would like to know how to make Excel recognize the Amerian format to use the formula function. Thank you H...

Serial VS USB
My VB6 app looks at ports using the MSCOMM (MSCOMM32 ActiveX Control)component. I try to open a port and set parameters. Unfortunately, I do not know how to distinguish a serial port from a USB port. What test can I use to determine if the port is USB or Serial? Bee wrote: > My VB6 app looks at ports using the MSCOMM (MSCOMM32 ActiveX > Control)component. I try to open a port and set parameters. > Unfortunately, I do not know how to distinguish a serial port from > a USB port. What test can I use to determine if the port is USB or > Serial? If you can open it with...

Copy multiple charts from Excel to Power Point
I want to copy multiple charts at the same time into PowerPoint. I can only copy one chart at a time and my presentation includes 34 charts, Thanks Jon Peltier has sample code that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartsslides Genef wrote: > I want to copy multiple charts at the same time into PowerPoint. I can only > copy one chart at a time and my presentation includes 34 charts, > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Don't lose my decimals!
I have a int field and a decimal field (which however contains only numeric values) I need to divide this fields: SELECT field1/CONVERT(INT,field2) The operation is Ok, but I don't get decimal. I tried even SELECT CONVERT(FLOAT,field1/CONVERT(INT,field2)) but it's the same. How do I get decimals? And I want to get only two. Thanks. Luciano "Luciano (DOC)" <lucianodoc@luciano.doc> ha scritto nel messaggio news:4b9a83b3$0$1110$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it... >I have a int field and a decimal field I mean a varchar field. L. Data typ...

Adding a label to a data point in a chart??
I'm new to Excel (using Excel 2002). I have a chart that shows a running list of dates and the account balance on that date. I want to add some text to a couple different data points within the chart to simply show when specific changes took place. For example, I want to add "moved investment from ABC to XYZ" on the data point for Dec. 1, 2005 in the graph so I can clearly see on the graph when specific changes took place and how those changes effected things. How can I add text to a couple different data points along my chart? Thanks... Thanks..., The free Excel add-...

decimal separator?
Hi, I'm using web quiries to obtain data from web pages. Some of the sites use ',' as a desimal separator others use '.'. I'm from Finland so I'd like to use ',' as decimal separator. Is there a way to format those U.S.-format('.') numbers to Finnish-format(',') without changing the setting for the whole progmam/operating system?? Thank you, Jimmy format the cells where you will paste as text paste in the data format the cells a general do edit=>Replace Replace what . replace with , -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jimmy <jj_22_jj@yahoo...

Points in between Data Series
I'm using an xy scatter chart, to do grain size analysis, what I need to know is how do I find out the value in between data points, for example I would like to know the value of where my data series line crosses at 60% what is my x value. I apologize for any confusion, I'm not sure how to properly ask this question. D This isn't the kind of thing that Excel has built into it, but i certainly is capable of the calculations necessary. Do you just have table of data or do you have an analytic function [y=f(x)] for the grai size that you could use to calculate x at y=.6? ...

How do I use pictures for bullet points?
The only way in Publisher is to reduce the image to small. Line up the image to fit. A table might be helpful. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512F0805-4907-4892-A48D-21C61BE414CD@microsoft.com... > ...

adding one same data to each of four other data points in column c
My chart has four seperate options, I am wanting to add one same data to each of the four options to have a total amount, including the one like data, to each of the four options. I want this chart to be a column chart. ...

Public contacts folder vs. activities from everyone or self
Hi! We've got all our customers in a public folder on the Exchange 2k server. I've added my inbox to the Activities tab on the folder's properties - now it works for me! But what if I want to see what others have sent to this customer? Is this impossible, or do we need to publish every "important" mail to some public folder in addition to our own? What is the trick here? The activities function is rather useless for a company with more than one employee if you can't see what others have done... any tips appreciated :) Lars-Erik ...