capitalization in Excel

Version: 2008

I have been sent a spreadsheet with 10 columns - all in capital letters.  Is there some way that I can automatically uncapipitalize the letters?  Thank you.  Driving me nuts - Too much to retype.
0
c2simmons

You can use =proper(a1) or =lower(a1). <br><br>> I have been sent a spreadsheet with 10 columns - all in capital letters.  Is there some way that I can automatically uncapipitalize the letters?  Thank you.  Driving me nuts - Too much to retype.
0
XinXin

Style to capitalize each word
I would like to create a style to include the capitalization of each word, but I can't find any options allowing this. Any help please? Title case cannot be set as a style attribute, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "anna81" <anna81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5CF3ADD-DEFA-4D82-A907-1E7B1507A149@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a style to include the capitalization of each word, > but I can't find any options allowing this. Any help please? ...

Write to Access Via Excel
Is it possible to use Excel as a frontend to Access? I developed a database for one of the groups at my company, but the request was made to interface it to Excel, if possible. If it can be done, what are some of the pros and cons of this approach? Thanks! PJ I suppose you could do that, but why would anyone want to cripple their users that way? The real question, though, is what does Excel offer in terms of an interface, that would be superior to the interface in your Access database? George "PJFry" <PJFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28A446D2-...

Complicated conditional formatting problem [Excel 2007]
Hello! I have a cell with the following formula: =(AVERAGE(Table4[Column2]))&"/"&AVERAGE(Table4[Column3]) It displays for example: 145/80 Now, I`d like to color the cell red if any of the following is true: a) First value(here: 145) is not between 90 and 140 b) Second value (here:80) is not between 50 and 90 Any ideas how to do this? Greetings :) In the CF dialogue box you need to select Formula Is and then use this formula: =3DOR(--LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)<90,--LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)>140,-- RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1))<50,...

Converting Pocket Excel .pxl to Excel 2003?
I wish I could make the subject a little more detailed but it was long enough. I wanted to find out how I can convert a .pxl file which I beamed via the Infrared port on my iPaq to a PC which does not have ActiveSync or anything like that loaded on it? An example would be if I was at a customers site and I needed to retreive a file from my iPaq but the receiving laptop does not have anything to conver the .pxl file to Excel 2003. Normally I would have my own laptop with me and I would just use my ActiveSync to convert but there are plenty of times where this situation would occurr. ...

export to an excel SH
how can I export data from active directory to an excel spread sheet? I had to find all users in my domain that do not have this specific address now that I have them I need to get this info of the users into a spreadsheet:confused: :confused: -- scripttron75 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scripttron75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33617 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538223 ...

Excel Combo-Box
How do I use the data in a combo-box as a link. I have to create an excel production for a college project and it requires me to create a pricing sheet for a business. I want to have details in the combo-box which are linked to prices on another sheet so that when you have selected the details you want in each combo-box they are linked to a final cell on the sheet so they create a final total price. Can anyone help me please. Thanks Sam Hi Sam this is generally done through the VLOOKUP function. what i would do is a price for each line item (and mutliply it by quantity as well) so sa...

Excel Sheet
Good morning, Need help with: Code to delete all rows in Column A below active cell Turn off warnings in a macro, specifically I am copying a spreadsheet to a new one, and close original, don't want pop up box to ask if file needs to be saved etc. Thanks Cristina Sub DeleteRows() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Range(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0), "A65536").EntireRow.Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = True End Sub -- Best Regards, Luke M "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D0E04F-8261-4809-B93...

Importing addresses from Excel
I need to import addresses from excel. However when I do, the zeroes as the first number in the zip code does not come over. Also, e-mail addresses get truncated. Any suggestions? ...

Cannot record macro in excel
If you cannot record macro in microsoft excel. I found one reason for that. Reason for this was security righs in registry. My case was this: We have Windows 2000 AD domain.We use compatws.inf template in group policy to give more rights to normal domain users. Situation was this: I cloned PC from image and in first boot i installed f-secure to PC. This installation added one registry key to hklm/software/classes/clsid and gave this key security righs to averyone . This key did not have permission to inherite permissions from upperlevel. Thats why security templates hangs and users did...

Excel
I am trying to get my head around the following scenario � bu struggling. Please can someone help: I have setup 2 data validation lists: �Consequence� List 1 : Serious, Significant, Minor �Likelihood� List 2 : Probable, Possible, Remote, Nil How do I setup 2 further lists which act on that initial preference I.e. so if Serious & Probable were chosen, 2 further set lists woul appear. (The lists would change depending on the initial preference) (Hope you follow) I then need to equate the data into a numerical form. I have studied the contexture site in some detail but still stuck! T...

MS Excel formula
How can I fill color in one cell related to another cell values. For example: If 10>A1>0, A2 to be filled with yelow. If A1<0, A2 to be filled with red. I want to use this in a maintenance worksheet. Select cell A2 From the menu bar, select Conditional Formatting Change the top left box from "Cell value is" to "Formula is". To the right of "Formula is" enter (without the quotes) "=A1<0" Click on "Format..." button Select Patterns tab Choose Colour OK "Sorin Danila" <Sorin Danila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Password Protecting Excel Sheet
Hi, Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to an excel file. When a user clicks on this file, they would be prompted for a password. I know how to password protect things once in the file, but I also want to lock anyone out who does not have a password. Thanks, Chuck Chuck, File/SaveAs In the upper right of the dialog box..... Tools/General Options. John "ChuckW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4101c3db78$a3a1e340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to > an ex...

::: Excel
Hello, Has any one a macro to suppress the blank lines of an Excel sheet (tab)? Many thanks in advance, Jacques Can be done without a macro. Select a column and F5>Special>Blanks>OK Format>Row>Hide. If you want a macro................ Sub HidEmptyRows() ''only if entire row is blank LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count Application.ScreenUpdating = False For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Hidden = True ' Rows(r).Delete End I...

Unable to open an excel file on desktop, must open excel first
When I try to open an .xls on my desktop I get an error message that says "Cannot find the file blah blah blah... ( or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all req'd libraries are available. " However, I can open the file by opening Excel first and then opening the file in Excel. Any ideas ? I have rebooted and re - installed Excel and this did not help. Thanks in advance. Smitt Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Butto...

How do I only show a range of columns/rows in Excel?
I only want to view, say, columns A thru K and rows 1 thru 23. Even if I scroll, I still don't want the sheet to go out of that range. Hi Larry Insert the following code into a module in the workbook. Press Alt+F11 to bring up the VB Editor. Insert>Module and paste the code below into the module. Change the sheet name to your sheet name if it is different to Sheet1 Sub Auto_Open() ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:K23" End Sub Regards Roger Govier Larry Zukerman wrote: > I only want to view, say, columns A thru K and rows 1 thru 23....

Excel 95 3D charting
I'm writing a macro that will take a set of values that I give and make a 3D chart, but I'm writing it in Excel 97 to run on Excel 95. My problem is in this section... Charts.Add ActiveChart.Name = "3D Bar Chart" ActiveChart.ChartType = xl3DColumn ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range(ChartRange), PlotBy _ :=xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet When the macro is ran under Excel 95, it gets to that section then stops. This works fine in Excel 97. I think the problem is the line where it sets the chart type (thats...

Excel #### in Text
Why do I get a string of "#####" in Excel when I type in a longer text string in an Excel cell. Using Excel 2007. The strings are not that long and have had longer. I think your data is in there, but it takes up more horizontal space to display it than the column is wide. Widen the column and you will probably see the text. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:OWOKhPceJHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why do I get a string of "#####" in Excel when I type in a longer text > string in an Excel cell. Using Excel 2007...

capitalize i in Hotmail
hi, when i compose an email - is there a setting anywhere that automatically capitalize the i to I? thanks Sheila "S. Jones" <shehar21@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uEpxcohFLHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi, > when i compose an email - is there a setting anywhere that automatically > capitalize the i to I? > thanks > Sheila > Hi Sheila, If you use something like Microsoft Word to compose your e-mail, then it should automatically capitalize the first letter of the sentence. Dave This group is for Windows Live Mai...

Panning in Excel 2007
Why doesn't Excel 2007 seem to support tilt wheels anymore for panning? I have to click on the central button now to put the mouse into panning and scrolling mode and then click it again when I want to return to normal mode. I prefer in many cases just to use the tilt wheel instead. Is there a configuration setting somewhere that I've missed where I can make Excel 2007 scroll just like previous versions of Excel? Travis ...

Error in Excel Calculations?
A1 is 0.69 A2 is 0.64 A3 is =A1-A2 A4 is 0.05 A5 is =IF(A4=A3,"Yes","No") In A5 you should get "Yes" but I get "No". I get "No" for the following as well in A1 and A2: A1 is 0.70 A1 is 0.71 A1 is 0.72 A1 is 0.73 A2 is 0.65 A2 is 0.66 A2 is 0.67 A2 is 0.68 I get "Yes" for the following in A1 and A2: A1 is 0.67 A1 is 0.68 A1 is 0.74 A1 is 0.75 A2 is 0.62 A2 is 0.63 A2 is 0.69 A2 is 0.70 If you take the number in A3 to 16 decimal places or more you can see that 0.05 becomes 0.0499999999...

Microsoft Excel
I have a particular group of cells within a sheet which I need to group together and sort. However I need to keep the rows of information locked together so when you sort the data it doesnt get all mixed up. Is there a way to do this? If so, how? If it is possible to do the above is it possible to have it to automatically sort the information as your adding it into cells? Is there a way that a "sort" function can be set automatically for a group of particular cells? For example; I have set 6 columns on a spread sheet "Column B - Column G" Say I have 150 rows of informa...

Text All Capitals
In MSWord, formatting can easily be set so that selected text is always in capitals by Format>Fonts>All Caps. Can text in Excel be similarly formatted? Yes it can be done, but not quite in the same way that Word works. Assuming Column A (ie A1, A2, A3 etc) contains the data you wish to converted to upper case, choose a parallel Column B (ie B1, B2, B3 etc.) and use the formula =UPPER(A1) =UPPER(A2) =UPPER(A3) and so on. -- MartinShort Software Tester ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MartinShort's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Executing queries stored in database in Excel
Hi, I have a database with a query like: Select MonthJoined, GetUserName(UserID), Title, DoB from UserTable GetUserName is a user defined function that retrieves user name based on UserID I want to use this query in excel as data source via pivot table --> Getdata --> MS Query but MS Query could not execute GetUserName() function. Is there any way around this? I would prefer not to create another query in Excel - maintain all queries in Access rather than Excel. JB ...

can i adjust the dimension of cells in mm in Excel?
can i adjust the dimension of cells in mm or cm in Excel? if yes, how? Not easily. Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate. If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm.......... Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions. http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:47:05 -0800, Anarkasis <Anarkasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can i adjust the dimension of cells in mm or cm in Excel? >if yes, how? ...

How to integrate excel worksheet in browser ?
Dear All, Please help !!! How to display excel worksheet in browser ? Showing Excel Worksheet Format on the browser. Thank you !!! Just navigate to the sheet , however note that this will only work correct if the client computer has office installed HTH Michel "Kelvin" <kelvinweb@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:01c7e8e0-6e35-42fd-9e00-f89723a581a6@c37g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > > Please help !!! > How to display excel worksheet in browser ? > > Showing Excel Worksheet Format on the browser. > Thank you !...