allowing rows to break across pages

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

how can i get a row to break across two pages? i can do it in word, and i knew how to do it in excel 04, but i can't figure out how to get it to work in excel 08.
1
arp310

0
arp310

Deleting rows meeting criteria
I know that this question has been asked but I can't seem to fit the answers I have found with my problem (because of my ignorance) I need to delete all rows that have the words Employee, Spouse or Child. Then I want to delete all empty rows. I have a macro that deletes the empty rows but if I could do it all in one, it would be better Thank you very much Vickie Vickie, see if this will work for you Sub Delete_Rows() ' This macro deletes all rows on the active worksheet ' that have Employee, Spouse, Child, or is blank in column A. Dim rng As Range, cell As Range, del As Range Set...

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

how do i reference multiple rows/columns with one function? #2
I am trying to reference multiple rows/columns in one worksheet to summarize in another. Can i do this using one function? Am I able to add rows/columns later to the original sheet without having to update the function on the summary sheet? ...

Insert Blank Row with data match change
I'm trying to figure out a way to evenly space data. Where I don't have a repeat value in the row directly below the current one I want to insert a blank row. Some of my data series looks like this. Column A Column B Part Number Description (Cell A2): AC011000 (Cell B2) FUEL TANK, CARTRIDGE ADAPTOR (Cell A3: AC011000 (Cell B3) FUEL TANK, CARTRIDGE ADAPTOR BLANK ROW (Cell A5) AC011001 (Cell B5) XX55 Assy, Li-80 Adaptor BLANK ROW AC051000 KIT, XX25 MANUALS AC051000 KIT, XX25 MANUALS BLANK ROW I want a blank row to be i...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

checking for values in a row
Hi, I have the word "yes" in cells A2:A20. I want A1 to get flashed by changing its value to say 'alert' the time any value in cell A2:A20 gets changed to anything other than "yes". I tried if(A2:A20<>'yes',"alert") it doesnot work. it seems to check only the value of the cell in A20. Thanks in advance Amag One way (and I am sure there will be others <g>): =IF(COUNTIF(A2:A20,"yes")<19,"Alert","") Regards Rowan amitntu@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have the word "yes" in cells A...

How to print different business cards on the same page?
I need to print cards with different information on each card. I know there should be a way to select that option so that each card on the sheet is different but have not been able to find it. Any suggestions? Use an 8�"x11" setting and Arrange Layout guides Left & Right .75" Top & Bottom .5" 2 columns 5 rows Now put a business card in each cell. -- Don Vancouver, USA "DJH" <DJH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F99533CE-00F0-4E29-B85E-3C0F016406D2@microsoft.com... >I need to print cards with diffe...

Pivot Table
I have a simple jobs sold list with dates and salesman. I would like to put the date on the page field and then filter by periods like month or quarters. But I dont see anyway for appling an advanced filter for a less than and greater than date. selecting individual date entries would be tedious. Thanks for any suggestions. -- Ingersoll If I understand your question correctly, you could try putting date data in the Row Field. Then, right-click on a date and choose Group and Show Detail. Click Group... Then, choose the Time Periods you want to group the dates by. Click Okay. You will k...

Adding (Distinct) Advanced Filtered Rows
I have a column (Column A) of ID numbers that I have filtered so I won' have any duplicates. In column B, there is data for each ID. (Column has either F/T or P/T in it, next to each respectful ID). What I nee to do is add the filtered rows to decide how many are F/T and how man are P/T. When I try to do this, I keep getting a number that als counts the filtered out rows, therefore giving me a much larger numbe than I should have. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance! :rolleyes -- kukarooz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kukarooza...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

How do you turn off the page numbering/header/footer command?
I turned on the page numbering command in Word 7 intending to number the last two of four pages as 1 and 2. When I could not get that to work and wanted to turn the command off and get back to the document, I could find no way, even using the on-line help feature of finding out how to do so. Please advise! Word 7 is Word for Windows 95. Presumably you are referring to Word 2007. You can't just turn off or restart page numbering for specific pages. You have to insert section breaks and proceed from there. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm. -- S...

Inserting rows between existing rows using a macro
I have been trying to create a button that inserts a group of cells between existing cells on a worksheet. I have been able insert those cells at the end of the worksheet but have been unable to figure out how to insert them between exisiting cells. To clarify; The following is a simple representation of what I am trying to accomplish Position 1 - Task Name and cost (multiple rows) Position 2 - Sub Totals and markups (multiple rows) Position 3 - End of used cells I need to be able to add tasks between Position 1 and 2 while carrying all of the associated formulas with Position 2. I ...

Highlight Individual Rows
Is it possible in Project 2007 to highlight individual rows - i.e. with a background colour of yellow instead of white? If so, how is it done Yes. Select the rows of interest, then Menu: Format/Text Styles ... and from there it should be clear. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 21/05/10 15:26, Nacker wrote: > Is it possible in Project 2007 to highlight individual rows - i.e. with a > background colour of yellow instead of white? If so, how is it done To highlight specific rows (on the left side of the Gantt Chart) in Project 2007, use Format/Text Styles... ...

Trying to average the contents of a cell across multiple worksheet
I have A workbook that contains 26 worksheets. Sheet 26 is a summary page that gives a running total of of the information entered in the previous 25 pages. I need to be able to do an average of the contents of one cell but I cant have the average include the null cells or zero value cells from the worksheets that have yet to be populated. I have been using this Aray formula: {=AVERAGE(IF('2-20:8-14'!B28<>0,'2-20:8-14'!B28))} but I keep getting #ref errors. What am I doing wrong or do you have a better way of doing this function. Thanks, Erik ...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Blank rows in Address Book
When I click the Address Book button on the Outlook 2003 toolbard, I get a list of my Contacts. At the top, there are 6 blank rows before my first contact is displayed. I've tried to delete the rows by hitting the Del button while having one or more of these blank rows displayed. When I do this, a "Are you sure that you want to..." dialog box appears, so I click Yes but nothing is deleted. What be up with Dat? How do I get rid of the empty rows? Thanks, -m Did you try resetting the view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 2...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Blank Page and Footer
Hi, I have created an Excel template, with footer, for statements. As each statement is of 4 to 5 pages I have decided to print them both sided. The only problem I am having now is that I want to separate the first page, which is a letter, from the subsequent pages. I tried inserting a blank page (extra blank lines) in the template but still getting footer on page 2. Is there any way I can suppress footer on page 2 or Start printing from page 3 (but in this case page number and total pages should be proper. I mean total pages should not include page 1 and the blank page 2) or any other ...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

combining information in multiple rows
1) I am trying to combine data which appears in multiple rows into one row. For example, the product code and description appear in cell A1 & B1 but the quantity, product price and total appear in cell C2, D2 and E2. Is there a quicker way to move the quantity, product price and total into the same row as the product code and description? 2) Some Products appears more than once with different quantity. For example: Product A qty 5 price $1.50 total $7.50 Product A qty 3 price $1.50 total $4.50 I want this product to appear in one line with total quantity of 8 , price $1.50 and T...

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

To set up a command that will insert a row, every fifth row?
Using Excel, how would you set a a command to auto enter a row, every fifth row of your data sheet? shanespop2b, here is some code that will do it, original code by Dave Peterson, modified to your needs Sub Add_Row() 'will add a row after every 5th row 'By: Dave Peterson Dim iCtr As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim myRng As Range With ActiveSheet LastRow = .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row Set myRng = Nothing For iCtr = 5 To LastRow Step 5 If myRng Is Nothing Then Set myRng = .Cells(iCtr, "A") ...

two rows of data in one series
I would like to create a graph plotting two continuous years of monthly sales. Here is a sample of the data Jan-03 Feb-03 Mar-03 Apr-03 May-03 Jun-03 Jul-03 Aug-03 Sep-03 Oct-03 Nov-03 Dec-0 43,034 42,042 - 7,630 27,379 22,601 11,274 44,391 28,615 3,539 32,591 8,570 Jan-04 Feb-04 Mar-04 Apr-04 May-04 Jun-04 Jul-04 Aug-04 Sep-04 Oct-04 Nov-04 Dec-0 - 56,275 53,481 25,432 17,281 - - - - - - - I tried to place a "+" between the two data ranges but this didn't work. Basically, I want to see Jan 03 through Dec 04 represented in one lin...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

copy multiple rows
Hi I have following code for row selecting based on number of column G and copy to sheet (winter), but i have 2 problem. 1) for example: when i input 38 to box, row with number of 13856 be selected. 2) i need to select multiple row for copy to sheet1 not one row. Sub CopyRow() Dim Answer As String Dim LastRowOnwinter As Long With Worksheets("sheet1") LastRowOnwinter = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If LastRowOnwinter = 1 And .Cells(1, "A").Value = "" Then LastRowOnwinter = 0 End If Answer = InputBox(&qu...