When I open in Excel 2007 for Windows workbook with charts saved in
Mac OS, I see the message "File Error: Data May Be Lost".
In Excel 2003 for Windows this message appears as many times as many
sheets there are in workbook.
Maybe someone knows what's the reason?
0
UTF

Unfortunately you haven't provided the info needed... "Mac OS" means very
little. The question is "What version of Mac Excel are you using, what file
format are the files saved as & what type of content is in the files?"

In general, what you're running into is that Excel 2003 & prior [Windows]
and Excel 2004 & prior [Mac] use a different file format than Excel 2007
[Windows] & Excel 2008 [Mac]. The newer versions also use a different
graphics engine. When 'crossing over', file conversion takes place & some
types of content cannot be directly converted. Usually, however, it's
referring to graphics formatting of the older charts & is simply a 'warning'
to that effect, but there's no actual loss of data content.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/11/10 9:58 AM, in article
5bd78ced-025b-4739-b241-54fb66e373c6@f15g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, "�����"
<gromozzzeka@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I open in Excel 2007 for Windows workbook with charts saved in
> Mac OS, I see the message "File Error: Data May Be Lost".
> In Excel 2003 for Windows this message appears as many times as many
> sheets there are in workbook.
> Maybe someone knows what's the reason?

0
CyberTaz
2/11/2010 5:38:29 PM
Thanks for your request Bob!
So here are the details you need. The files are saved in Excel for Mac
2004 in .xls file format. The content is "tables+charts". The problem
definitely is caused by charts. I can you send the example of file if
you give your mail. Thanks in advance:)

Igor

On 11 =C6=C5=D7, 20:38, CyberTaz <onlygeneralt...@com.cast.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately you haven't provided the info needed... "Mac OS" means very
> little. The question is "What version of Mac Excel are you using, what fi=
le
> format are the files saved as & what type of content is in the files?"
>
> In general, what you're running into is that Excel 2003 & prior [Windows]
> and Excel 2004 & prior [Mac] use a different file format than Excel 2007
> [Windows] & Excel 2008 [Mac]. The newer versions also use a different
> graphics engine. When 'crossing over', file conversion takes place & some
> types of content cannot be directly converted. Usually, however, it's
> referring to graphics formatting of the older charts & is simply a 'warni=
ng'
> to that effect, but there's no actual loss of data content.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
1
KOI8
2/12/2010 7:04:34 AM
XinXin Liu  <br>
> So here are the details you need. The files are saved in Excel for Mac <br>
> 2004 in .xls file format. The content is &quot;tables+charts&quot;. The problem <br>
> definitely is caused by charts. I can you send the example of file if <br>
> you give your mail. Thanks in advance:) <br>
> Igor <br>
> On 11 &amp;#65533;&amp;#65533; 20:38, CyberTaz  wrote: <br>
> > Unfortunately you haven't provided the info needed... &quot;Mac OS&quot; means very <br>
> > little. The question is &quot;What version of Mac Excel are you using, what file <br>
> > format are the files saved as &amp; what type of content is in the files?&quot; <br>
> > In general, what you're running into is that Excel 2003 &amp; prior [Windows] <br>
> > and Excel 2004 &amp; prior [Mac] use a different file format than Excel 2007 <br>
> > [Windows] &amp; Excel 2008 [Mac]. The newer versions also use a different <br>
> > graphics engine. When 'crossing over', file conversion takes place &amp; some <br>
> > types of content cannot be directly converted. Usually, however, it's <br>
> > referring to graphics formatting of the older charts &amp; is simply a 'warning' <br>
> > to that effect, but there's no actual loss of data content. <br>
> > Regards |:>) <br>
> > Bob Jones <br>
> > [MVP] Office:Mac <br>

0
XinXin
2/12/2010 7:42:26 AM
Hi, XinXin!
I sent you a letter with workbook yesterday and got the reply
"Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to
mail.officeformac.com[64.106.246.144]: No route to host":(

On 12 =D1=84=D0=B5=D0=B2, 10:42, Xin...@officeformac.com wrote:
> Hi Igor,canyou send me (xinxin@microsoft.com) a copy of your workbook? I =
will investigate.
> Thanks,
> XinXin Liu
> Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft
> > Thanks for your request Bob!
> > So here are the details you need. The files are saved in Excel for Mac
> > 2004 in .xls file format. The content is "tables+charts". The problem
> > definitely is caused by charts. Icanyou send the example of file if
> > you give your mail. Thanks in advance:)
> >
> > Igor
> >
> > On 11 &#65533;&#65533; 20:38, CyberTaz wrote:
> > > Unfortunately you haven't provided the info needed... "Mac OS" means =
very
> > > little. The question is "What version of Mac Excel are you using, wha=
t file
> > > format are the files saved as & what type of content is in the files?=
"

> > > In general, what you're running into is that Excel 2003 & prior [Wind=
ows]
> > > and Excel 2004 & prior [Mac] use a different file format than Excel 2=
007
> > > [Windows] & Excel 2008 [Mac]. The newer versions also use a different
> > > graphics engine. When 'crossing over', file conversion takes place & =
some
> > > types of content cannot be directly converted. Usually, however, it's
> > > referring to graphics formatting of the older charts & is simply a 'w=
arning'
> > > to that effect, but there's no actual loss ofdatacontent.
> > >
> > > Regards |:>)
> > > Bob Jones
> > > [MVP] Office:Mac

0
UTF
2/16/2010 3:51:54 PM
> I sent you a letter with workbook yesterday and got the reply <br>
> &quot;Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to <br>
> mail.officeformac.com[64.106.246.144]: No route to host&quot;:(
0
XinXin

"File Error: Data May Be Lost" when file saved on Mac is opened in Windows
I have the next problem while working with big report with macroses. The first time report is opened and executed with special file it with Excel for Mac 2004. Then saved file is sent to another user who opens it in Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 for Windows. In Excel 2003 the "File Error: Data May Be Lost" appears on any worksheet of report. In Excel 2007 just one time - on the first worksheet. So what can lead to this error? If anyone who can help me needs the example of report I am ready to send it via email. Thanks in advance. ...