Yahoo! Mail in Entourage

Version: 2004
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

0
MKAYH

It depends. Yahoo is an international service, and there are regional differences. If you use a Yahoo.com account, you will not be able to access it in Entourage. If your Yahoo account is from another domain (e.g. .co.uk, .de, or .fr), you can access it as a POP account. <br><br>If you really want to access your email messages in Entourage, consider getting a Gmail account, or a Hotmail account, and have all your Yahoo messages re-routed to that account. Or simply consider using a different account that allows you to access the server via POP or IMAP.
0
Michel_Bintener_
6/5/2010 12:24:57 PM
On 6/5/10 5:24 AM, in article 59bb965c.0@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Michel_Bintener_[MVP]@officeformac.com"
<Michel_Bintener_[MVP]@officeformac.com> wrote:

> It depends. Yahoo is an international service, and there are regional
> differences.

Yahoo Paid Accounts work in Entourage. Free accounts do not.

> HOW DO I REMOVE EARTHLINK FROM IT AND ADD YAHOO!?

Under Tools in the Menu bar, select the Earthlink account and delete it.
Click the �new� button to make a new account.

Gmail offers free accounts that do download into Entourage. You can get both
POP and IMAP accounts.

--
Diane

0
Diane

How to find Mail server and sender's mail id automatically ?
Hello there How can I automatically detect mail server confiured on local machine by programmtically ? Is there any way to find out mail server ! As well as I want to find the mail address of sender automatically ( whihc is configured for MS Outlook) My aim is to send mail using one component. But I just don't want to ask user to type mail server and his mail id ( From : --- ). My program would automate this job, choose correct mail server and send the mail. ...

Outlook 2003 default e-mail template
I have been using Office Professional 2000 since it came out. I have a standard e-mail template tht uses Comic- Sans font with an auto signature and a theme. I just got Office Professional 2003, and did an upgrade instead of a clean install so I wouldn't lose my e-mail. Now my old template is gone, and I cannot get a new template to work. I created a new template, with the new font and autosignature. When I go to create a new e-mail message, the standard plain-text email template comes up. If I click on accounts, and select my account (which is already checked by the way), my auto...

mail accoutn
how do I get an email account to use this. You have one . . . . Hotmail . . . . "Vickie" <fair-ladyz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#6oGL0BgKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how do I get an email account to use this. This is a newsgroup, you don't need an email account to use it, but as noted, you have a hotmail account, that is email. -- -- "Vickie" <fair-ladyz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%236oGL0BgKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how do I get an email account to use this. To use what, email or newsgrou...

mail recipient vs. as attachment
When someone chooses to send a Word.doc to "mail recipient" rather than as an attachment, is it possible to extract the file from the email message in any way other than copying and pasting? TIA, John No, it becomes the body then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "JC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a62b01c4d630$93d412e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When someone chooses to send a Word.doc to "...

Auto moving mail to a Personal Folder
Hi, Is here a way to program a rule or something that I can use to move my email from the inbox to a personal folder that are X days old? in other words, not have to deal with the problem manually? Thanks! George. George D, Lake <NoSpam@Spam.com> wrote: > Is here a way to program a rule or something that I can use to > move my email from the inbox to a personal folder that are X days > old? in other words, not have to deal with the problem manually? Sure. Use AutoArcvhiving. -- Brian Tillman But can I tell it to use a personal folder that already is in use? &q...

yahoo
I just switched from a cable isp to sbcglobal which uses a yahoo pop3 and smtp server. It won't let me send/receive. keeps giving me the log-in square, and tells me to check my user name and password. I've read sever Microsoft fixes, and tried all of them. Any suggestions. Microsoft says the problem has been fixed , but i am not having any luck. Harold O ...

Yahoo mail?
How can I make yahoo mail come up when I click on a link to mail, from Craig's list, for example. TIA, Paul; On 14 Dec 2009, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > How can I make yahoo mail come up when I click on a link to mail, > from Craig's list, for example. TIA, Paul; I think you can only do that with email programs that live on your local system, not with webmail services like Yahoo or GMail. In the USA you can configure Gmail to use either Outlook or Outlook Express and thus get into ...

disabled accounts cannot recieve mails after being enabled
Hi All, we have a script which will disable some users automatically for some of their operations. This will cause these users' mailbox cannot recieve mails. Even when I enable the account, it need long time for the mailbox to work normally again. Is there any way to prevent from this or speed up the progress? BTW, I find that someone say grantging SELF associated external account permission can make disabled mailbox continue to recieve mails, Is there any way to do this for all accounts? the mail system is Exchange 2003 on an Win2003 server, and domain is Win2003 native. ...

Old mail
I have many users in company, one of them, he has emil-account in outlook 2007, when he log in to computer the emil-account in outklook is missing ( he gets new outlook ) there is no emil-account, how can I get his an email back and also the old messages. (dissappear all messege in an inbox) "Rashed" <Rashed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9381F45D-173B-4A98-AC10-3E9B977C48E0@microsoft.com... >I have many users in company, one of them, he has emil-account in outlook > 2007, when he log in to computer the emil-account in outklook is missing ( > ...

Delayed e-mail message
Hi We have a few users who have recently received delayed messages. These messages were sent to them approx 4 hours ago and they have only just received them. Also 1 or 2 of the users suddenly got a bulk of e-mails from the past few months drop into their mailboxes, any explanation as to why this is occuring?? We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 R2 Cheers Simon Hi, Check the headers of the message. You will be able to pinpoint the location of the delay. Oliver Delayed from internal or external users? Have You Checked Your SMTP Mailbox Temporary Tables Lately? http://www....

Outlook 2003 & Rich Text Email & Outlook Read Mail Toolbar Displac
Anytime I read a rich text email the Outlook Read Mail toolbar goes to the top of the email form. I can move it to a new location, but it won't stay there if I close down the email and re-open it.. It appears to be occurring on all rich text email and not just email from certain senders. Reading plain text and HTML emails I do not have this problem. Any insight would be appreciated. ...

how to export all my windows mail to yahoo mail
pls advise how to I export my inbox, sent box, contacts from windows mail to yahoo mail ? You can't transfer messages unless you forward them individually. I presume you are talking about the webmail version of Yahoo Mail? Yahoo also offers POP access for a small fee: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview Contacts can be transferred by exporting them from Windows Mail (File, Export, Windows Contacts, CSV) then importing that CSV file into = Yahoo Mail. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "des" wrote in message = news:7243275A...

553-mail rejected because your IP is in RSS #2
We have a SBS2000 server and mail is working fine apart from sending to one domain . We keep get a underliverable message that says There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. #5.5.0 smtp;553-mail rejected because your IP is in RSS. See> Thanks in advance stu <stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a SBS2000 server and mail is working fine apart from sending to one >domain . We keep get a underliverable message that says > >There was a SMTP communication problem with the re...

Save Mail
Using Outlook 2003, how can i automaticaly save mail after I have read. Is there a rule to create or something? Hi J, what do you want to do? The email is saved on your harddisk in a PST file (or Exchange Server). Where is your Outlook data stored? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm You only need to backup this PST file to backup all your emails, contacts, calendars et. or you have Exchange Server, then you could ask your administrator wher he saved your emails, but I think you have a local Outlook, right? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder...

Entourage #4
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi, recently I have starting having two different problems with entourage 2004. version 11.3.3 One is that when i try to send mail a window appears saying: " Mail could not be sent The server account returned the error 5.7.0 error authentication failure. Your user name or security password or settings may be incorrect". I haven't changed the setting. I have checked with my server and my settings and password are correct . I have also tried to rebuild the identity but the problem persist. If i send the mail manually accessing ...

Disappearing e-mails
Recently, when I would reply or forward an incoming message, it will remove it from my Inbox. I could still retrieve it from my Sent messages. Nowwww, it is not saving my Sent messages either. I have messed with filters, used help which tells me to do something in View which my version 2000 doesn't have. Anybody got any ideas? On 10/22/2003 7:15 PM, Kristin wrote: > Recently, when I would reply or forward an incoming > message, it will remove it from my Inbox. I could still > retrieve it from my Sent messages. Have you installed the latest version of Outlook? Do you ...

Mailing Label List-Outlook
How do I create a mailing label list using only selected record in Outlook? Select the Contacts in the Contacts Folder > Tools > Mail Merge... Follow the prompts. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ben bellinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07cc01c3b5ee$7f4aac70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I create a mailing label list using only selected > record in Outlook? ...

how to configure outlook to work with yahoo
i am trying to set up my outlook to work with my yahoo mail account. I know nothing about how to do it. please help do you have a paid yahoo account? If not, you can't use outlook. see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm for possible solutions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join One...

sending email with yahoo plus
I get the following message when sending messages using windows 7 The connection to the server has failed. Subject '' Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Port 25 is not correct. This is for Windows Mail, but the settings are the same. To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-P...

Cannot send emails using Windows Mail
Hi, I decided to try and set up Windows Mail on my laptop for my "ntlworld" (which is my ISP although it is now Virgin Media) email accounts; which seemed to have worked as it received all my emails. Although I have discovered when I have tried to send an email it wont, generating this error: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 aamtaout01-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from [86.140.250.111]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,...

Mail Merge from Access
How do you get publisher to display all of the records from my access database on the pages of my publication. I can get the data source to pass data, but only one record at a time. I want it to dump all the records in order on the pages. Help! >-----Original Message----- >How do you get publisher to display all of the records >from my access database on the pages of my publication. I >can get the data source to pass data, but only one record >at a time. I want it to dump all the records in order on >the pages. Help! >. >Mary, have you put fields in your ...

E-mail Remittance Advice for EFT Payables Transactions
To expedite notification to vendors that payments have been sent to them electronically, there should be a way to e-mail a remittance advice to all EFT vendors in an EFT Check run batch. We currently mail remittance advices but they arrive several days after the funds are posted in the vendor's bank account ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Creating Mail Profile
Hi, Is it possible to create Mail/Outlook profile using scripts or from the command line? Thanks TagaR On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:43:03 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is it possible to create Mail/Outlook profile using scripts or from the >command line? > >Thanks >TagaR There are a good number of utilities that will help you do this either scripted or gui'd. Do a Google for PROFGEN or alternatively see: http://www.scriptlogic.com/eng/products/scriptlogic/main.asp and http://www.autoprof.com/profile/index.html are two p...

Outlook Limiting # of E-Mail Addressees
We tried to send an e-mail to a large number of people (over 40,) and the response was too many addresses. Is there a setting to adjust this? Thanks! Check with your ISP to see if they have set a limit. Might want to do a mail merge to electronic mail instead, assuming you have the same version of Word as of Outlook (won't work with Outlook Express). Ken wrote: > We tried to send an e-mail to a large number of people > (over 40,) and the response was too many addresses. Is > there a setting to adjust this? Thanks! You should have no problems with Outlook and the sendin...

can not send mail from VBS scripts
Helo All After reading numerous posts and trying different things, I still have a problem. From looking at ms exchange server applet (contr. pannel) few things are: logon network security: password authentication (ntlm) exchange Server Settings / user Name: Lastnme, Frstnme ------- Here is my script: Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message") objMessage.Subject = "Example CDO Message" objMessage.From = "gene.golub@sss.com" objMessage.To = "gene.golub@sss.com" objMessage.TextBody = "This is some sample message text." objMess...