I'm trying to transfer all my data - emails, contacts, accounts, etc. from my G5 iMac to my Intel iMac but get errors when I try - how can I accomplish this?  The computers are currently connected via sharing.
0
natechicago

On 2010-02-03 01:20:17 -0500, natechicago@officeformac.com said:

> I'm trying to transfer all my data - emails, contacts, accounts, etc.
> from my G5 iMac to my Intel iMac but get errors when I try - how can I
> accomplish this? The computers are currently connected via sharing.

 Take the entire identity from ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data to the
same location on the other Mac,

����������Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
2/3/2010 4:48:11 PM
I believe I tried this originally and when I launched Entourage on the intel imac I got an error that the database was corrupted.  I just finished verifying/rebuilding the original database successfully (on the G5) so I'll try copying the identity again over the intel machine and see what happens.  Thanks.
0
natechicago
2/3/2010 5:11:56 PM
Thanks for all your help!  I first rebuilt the database and then copied the identity over and it worked!
0
natechicago

about transfer order

Sorting data question
Hi, I have 200 rows of data in one colum, each row contains a random number but the total column value is 200. I want to sort the data into 4 approximately equal sized blocks (adding up to 50). Just a bit stuck as to where to start the filtering process if there is one that can do this? Cheers Chris ...

Transfering messages

Summing Data based on Its Category
I have a spread sheet that has data on buldings set up in such a way that the rows are different room types and the columns are Floor Type and Sq. Footage. At the bottom of the sheet I have a row that gives total square footage for each floor type of all the rooms combined. Right now I am using the Sum() function but I have to go through and individually select sq footages for the respective floor type. For example if 3 rooms have a cement floor I look down the sq footage column and sum the ones that have "cement" in the floor type column, and same with capret, etc. respec...

Help renaming identity
Hi.. How would one rename an identity??? Using Outlook 2000, Workgroup, and WinXP Home..... One is used for regular pop3 email, the one I want to rename connects to the office... One is named Vin Home, Id' like to label the other identity Vin Office... thanks! -- B'Regards, Vinnie There are no identities in Outlook - they're called profiles. You can't rename them (annoying, isn't it?) You'd need to create new ones (not a copy from another profile) entirely. Uncle Vinnie wrote: > Hi.. > > How would one rename an identity??? Using Outlook 2000, Workgroup...

HR Position Transfers

Windows Easy Transfer

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

Microsoft Office 2008 product key/commercial use.
Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased a copy of the Special Media Edition. I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the programme for commercial use? On 6/25/08 12:16 PM, in article 24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser" <macuser@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Data Shifting Between Records
Has anyone ever had experience with data moving from one record to another? I have a form in which I'm using the FMS rich text control ("Total Access Memo"). Several times when there has been an error (such as the user unable to print, or other error), the user finds that data in one or two of the rich text fields are actually data that had previously been saved in another record. This has happened two or three times in the past few months. And, while not a frequent problem, it is especially troubling when it happens. I've checked the FMS web site, and haven't seen...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Average data/reduction
I have a number of worksheets where each contains two rows of data representing wind speed and direction recorded every 10sec (8636 records per day). I would like to average every 60 records so that each record on a new worksheet (or rows)represents the average wind speed and direction every 10 minutes of the day. I would also like to be able to set up a new data set with only data recorded every 10 minutes (or other time interval) represented. Any help would be much appreciated -- MC In column A of Sheet2 I have some numbers On Sheet3, I want the average of these in groups of 10 I...

Copy Unique data to a different worksheet
Worksheet 1 Date Prod Id Customer Amount 1/2 B123 John Doe 5 1/2 B123 Jane Doe 4 1/3 G456 John Smith 5 1/4 S789 Jane Smith 4 I need a formula, function, or Macro to do the following: resulting in WB 2 Copy unique Prod Id (ex. B123 is listed twice but I only need it displayed once on WB 2 with the amount of both as displayed). This to help track sales of a product quarterly. Result for Worksheet 2 Prod ID Jan Feb Mar B123 9 0 0 G456 5 ...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Data, lookups, and sums
I have an Excel spreadsheet as follows: Column A Dates in dd/mm/yy format Column B Additional data (text) Column C Group of figures (a) Column D Additional data (text) Column E Group of figures (b) In another spreadsheet I have: Row 1 Months going horizontally in mmm-yy format from Feb-04 to Jan-05 Row 2 Sum of figures I would like the sum of figures to be calculated as Group of figures (a) and (b) depending on what the corresponding date is. I thought this would be similar to a lookup table. However, I need to be able to add the sum of the two figures, and I need to ...

GP10 with Server & SQL 2008
The server is running perfectly. Trying to get client workstations connected and I am getting this error on examination of the testBCP file resaults in: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Connection is not enabled for BCP Derek, If your OS and SQL Server are 64-bit versions, take a look at the following KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$918983&wa=wsignin1.0 Specifically, you will want to check the ODBC configuration options. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglob...

Migration SBS 2003 -> SBS 2008
In the microsoft guide 'Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Windows Small Business Server 2003' it says on page 10 that the router has to have a IP address 1 or 254 in the range 192.168.x.254. Our domain has IP addresses in the range 172.16.100.x Is this range a problem? So do i have to change the range 172.16.100.x of our current domain to have a succesfull migration? Kind regards Mattie During migration I think I have not teted on my own you can specify any class C network (after migration or installation SBS can work with other subnets than class C) but...

how do i format the data fields in address box?

exporting excel data into visio
I am having trouble taking an excel 2000 database and importing its contents into visio 2002. I am not sure if this is possible, because I continue to have trouble even if I try and import it into a gantt chart. I would like to be able to link the files together so the visio would update when the excel database is updated, but I can't even get the data into the visio file at all. Any suggestions would help. ...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...

Data Range Mess
I am using the following raw data for my line chart. In this case I have 5 charts on each sheet tab. One for Bolts, one for Nuts and so on.. I also have 25 sheet tabs for each customer. The way it's set up now is that the line chart only covers the data range of year 2002, 2003 & 2004. When I want to add each year I have to go into 5 charts on each tab and 25 tabs for each customer to select that data range. Initially, It should have been set up to highlight the data range up an until year 2008 so I could just plug in the numbers for each year and that data would populate ...