Threaded view through Entourage 2008???

--B_3342384925_2937958

    I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies,
I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to
using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to
being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do
that in entourage?

It is kind of difficult keeping track of who is responding to whom or what
posting in an environment where people don�t always change the title of the
message to show their response. (75 posts: of Week 1 Discussion Question 1 =
no clue as to who is saying what to who)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--B_3342384925_2937958

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Threaded view through Entourage 2008???</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly=
 windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I h=
ad gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, a=
nd was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is ther=
e a way to do that in entourage?<BR>
<BR>
It is kind of difficult keeping track of who is responding to whom or what =
posting in an environment where people don&#8217;t always change the title o=
f the message to show their response. (75 posts: of Week 1 Discussion Questi=
on 1 =3D no clue as to who is saying what to who)<BR>
<BR>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3342384925_2937958--

0
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Entourage does not have a threaded view, at least not the same threaded view
which you can find in Thunderbird. In Entourage, you can use groups to
regroup messages based on a certain criterion, such as the sender or the
subject line. To do that, click on View>Arrange By>Show in Groups. Click on
that same "Arrange By" menu once again and choose which criterion you would
like to use ("Subject", based on what you have written in your post). Keep
in mind that this is by no means an intelligent regrouping; any message that
has the same subject line will show up in that group, whether it is related
to a specific discussion or not at all.

You might also want to know that you can create custom arrangements if you
are not happy with the default settings that come with Entourage; check the
Entourage help function for an article called "Group, sort, and filter
items".

On 30/11/09 8:15, in article C738BF1C.CF4%andrew.4th@gmail.com, "Andrew J.
Yon IV" <andrew.4th@gmail.com> wrote:

>     I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I
> have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to
> using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being
> able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in
> entourage?
>
> It is kind of difficult keeping track of who is responding to whom or what
> posting in an environment where people don�t always change the title of the
> message to show their response. (75 posts: of Week 1 Discussion Question 1 =
> no clue as to who is saying what to who)

Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
Michel
11/30/2009 11:17:34 AM
On 11/30/09 4:17 AM, in article C739685E.8F1C%mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org,
"Michel Bintener" <mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Entourage does not have a threaded view, at least not the same threaded view
> which you can find in Thunderbird. In Entourage, you can use groups to
> regroup messages based on a certain criterion, such as the sender or the
> subject line. To do that, click on View>Arrange By>Show in Groups. Click on
> that same "Arrange By" menu once again and choose which criterion you would
> like to use ("Subject", based on what you have written in your post). Keep
> in mind that this is by no means an intelligent regrouping; any message that
> has the same subject line will show up in that group, whether it is related
> to a specific discussion or not at all.
>
> You might also want to know that you can create custom arrangements if you
> are not happy with the default settings that come with Entourage; check the
> Entourage help function for an article called "Group, sort, and filter
> items".
>

> On 30/11/09 8:15, in article C738BF1C.CF4%andrew.4th@gmail.com, "Andrew J.
> Yon IV" <andrew.4th@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>     I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies,
>> have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to
>> using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to
>> being
>> able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in
>> entourage?
>>
>> It is kind of difficult keeping track of who is responding to whom or what
>> posting in an environment where people don�t always change the title of the
>> message to show their response. (75 posts: of Week 1 Discussion Question 1 =
>> no clue as to who is saying what to who)
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Michael,

 That answered my question and helps a little. I think I will go back to
using thunderbird and use entourage for working on the projects only.

0
Andrew

Problem with blocking of main thread with other thread
I have a problem with blocking of main thread: My application contains an interpreter and I need to write a debugger for it. The mainframe creates a thread that is interpreting instructions. When I need to break execution of instruction thread, I use WaitForSingleObject(m_WaitEventHandle, INFINITE); in the interpreter thread. Everything works fine until the window is opened from the interpreter. Then the mainframe freezes. When I break execution in VC the call stack for interpreter thread shows: � NTDLL! � KERNEL32! � CDebugManager::CheckBreakpoints() � CInterpreterThread::Run() � _Afx...

Entourage apparently importing from old source

No Home or Car View under Choose a view
In the help they talk about a home and car view under choose a view on the money home page , there is no options like this. How do I get money to display these options? ...

from view of outlook
as i set my outlook to from view and received emails from different peoples but some time when any of the contacts change their display name outlook shows the email from that contact also with different names.ex: one email received with display name of imam.dino/sales & distribution/sukkur and second email received with the display name of imam.dino/sales & Distribution/ outlook shows both emails one by one in from view why the emails received from same address show differently or one by one.secondly can i move the email from one name to another name with same email addr...

GAL
Hi - Currently our GAL view is: Name, Business Phone, Office, Title, Company and a few other Exchange related fields. Is there a way to set what columns are displayed here? I would like to add mobile phone, address etc... Thanks - Sean No "SD" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyMFPi8vGHA.4160@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi - > > Currently our GAL view is: Name, Business Phone, Office, Title, Company and > a few other Exchange related fields. Is there a way to set what columns are > displayed here? I would like to add mobile phone, address et...

CRM 3.0 Viewing opportunities by sales process
I would like to view opportunities by sales process ie. setup a Saved View using Advanced Find. I can't see any way of filtering by sales process - am I missing something? I have read previous posts re viewing sales stages - I have already done this, the problem is that I want to run multiple sales processes each with their own stages. So I need to be able to filter first by sales process, then by sales stage. Also, while I'm here. Is it possible to associate sales processes with different Business Units? I see in Workflow Manager that Business Unit is one of the columns - but...

Insert flash MX .swf files into PowerPoint 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I know how to insert a .swf file into powerpoint for PC but cannot figure out how to do it for PowerPoint:2008 for MAC. Any suggestions? ctspenn@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I know how to insert a .swf file into powerpoint for PC but cannot figure out how to do it for PowerPoint:2008 for MAC. Any suggestions? Hi, Some old swf files can be handled by QuickTime, which is what PowerPoint uses for movie files. However, most s...

how many times a document is viewed
Is it possible find out how many times a word document has been opened ? or is anyone able to advise how to set this up using VBA - maybe to record it in an external txt or xls file. Paul On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:36:01 -0800, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible find out how many times a word document has been opened ? or >is anyone able to advise how to set this up using VBA - maybe to record it in >an external txt or xls file. > >Paul You could adapt the method shown in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm --...

Killing thread from outside thread in MFC App
Hi, Thanks to all those who offered advise on my last query. I successfully used the worker thread method to give control back to the dialog box whilst background processing was being carried out. The issue I have now is closing that thread externally. The method I've used to create the thread uses a volatile boolean variable. Whilever it is set to TRUE, the thread remains alive. However, when I set the variable to FALSE from the calling process (user wants to end processing), it has no effect. The thread continues to run. I thought that declaring the variable as 'volatile'...

GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews() not updating all views...
Hello- I have an MDI application. I thought in MDI there is one Document and one or more Views to that single document. I'm in a learning phase so I have this scribble type app where I'm trying to have some free hand graphics in one view and when File|New is clicked and a new view is created I want the new view to replicate what I had already done in the first view. (or if there are multiple views and one of them changes, I want all the other views to 'pick' that change) I am saving all data (very primitive circles, squares and such) in the CMyDocument, and I'm using Get...

How Do I Get Out of Booklet View???
Somehow I got my Publisher website file into a side-by-side (booklet) view and can't find a way out of it. The Help file was not able to resolve. Additional Info: I'm running Publisher 2007 in XP "bsp2323" wrote: > Somehow I got my Publisher website file into a side-by-side (booklet) > view and can't find a way out of it. The Help file was not able to resolve. View, Uncheck two page spread. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bsp2323" <bsp2323@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61B4A7D5-B407-43C5-B1A7-F7953...

POP SQL View (All Shipment Receipts for a given Ship Method)
Can someone help me out in creating a sql statement to show each shipment that was received only if "xxx" is the ship method. I am looking for the following fields: PO Number, Receipt Date, Receipt Number, Vendor, Ship Method, Location Code. Notes: -We do not create PO's and ship itmes to multiple locations. ie. one PO one Location -"xxx" for this exercise will be our own internal vehicles where we pick up the PO. -The end result will be to create a daily report of all shipments received at our locations that were transported with our own vehicles. Thank you in...

Problem when creating a data analysis view including a custom fiel
Hi, I am facing a problem when creating a new view based on the MSP_Project_Timsheet cube in Data analysis. We have created a customized field which is an Accounting code related to each task (named Accounting_code_task). (We have also another one with the same data related to the assignments named Accounting_code_assignement). So I try to create a new view with: - Data: actual cost - row field : “Resource list”, Accounting_code_task - Column field: “timesheet period” But nothing appears in place of the actual cost The weird thing is : - when I replace “timesheet period” ...

Simple Thread
I have created a thread in my MFC Dialog based application, in the thread function i want to have access to a user interface control that is attached to the main dialog. How can I do it? Regards, Mystique Mystique wrote: > I have created a thread in my MFC Dialog based application, in the thread > function i want to have access to a user interface control that is attached > to the main dialog. > How can I do it? > > Regards, > Mystique > > Indirectly, by posting a message to the main thread asking it to update the control. http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/mfc/12.ht...

Diaglog/Threading Data Exchange Question
Greetings, I have learned a lot from all of you, and I hope to over come my latest road block. I have a smal IRC Chat client I am making. I have a Dialog Box with Control and I use a worker thread for connecting to IRC - That Thread will update controls on the Dialog by sending PostMessages. Now my problem is in the ListBox Control that I have extended to do popup menu with various commands. I need to be able to read that controls methods from within the Thread. so I need to do this from within my IRC Socket thread: (code not exact - pseudo code) CListBoxEx myUsers; //Defined in my ...

Inbox Freezes after Contacts are viewed
Hi Group, We are using CRM 4.0 Rollup 4 and Office 2007 sp2. I have several users with this strange issue and here are the steps to re-create it: In outlook, click on CRM Contacts and view a contact. now click on the inbox...and wait... and wait (nothing ever happens) now click on any other folder then click back on Inbox POOF! everything shows up instantly This issue doesn't seem to match any older posts so I wasn't sure if re-creating the users profiles would help. Has anybody run across this? Thanks, Hank ...

Outlook 2003
Im running Windows XP and Office 2003. When I select an email message and then click on the "Subject" column, it sorts them by subject but doesnt leave the original email I selected in view highlighted. This wasnt a problem in Office XP? Any ideas?? Thanks, Warren what view are you using and how to you change the sorting? Using the default view, when I click on the field names and choose subject, it sorts by subject and leaves it selected. When I close the preview pane and sort by any field, it leaves it selected. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

can't hit 2008 db with ssrs2005?
I'm using BIDS 2005 and I have some data on a new SQL2008 db, and it says I need to have 2005 beta 2 or better if I want to hit 2008? Hmmm, assuming you are on RTM (Release to Manufacturing) or BIDS 2005 with a service pack then you are running > Beta 2. I don't think you should have any problem whatsoever. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "M@" <mattcushing@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a8cd71b0-c9ac-41e9-a10e-8a946791bb57@g9g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > I'm using BIDS 2005 and I have some data on a new SQL2008 ...

Entourage 11.3.5?
Hi Was there an Entourage 11.3.5 in the latest (8-May) patch? I downloaded and installed the upgrade. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all show 11.3.5, but Entourage is 11.3.3 still. TIA Claude No, that's alright; Entourage 2004 is still at 11.3.3 while the other apps are now at 11.3.5. On 09/05/2007 18:17, in article 4641f400$0$14062$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net, "Claude V. Lucas" <claudel@sonic.net> wrote: > Hi > > Was there an Entourage 11.3.5 in the latest (8-May) patch? > > I downloaded and installed the upgrade. > > Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ...

Need Help with Busy Dialog Thread
my application would perform a task. I want to stop the user from using the application's GUI untill the the BG task is finished. At first using Modal Dlg did not do the trick as every one now (apart from me) the the CDialog::DoModal() function has to return some how. So, I made a bit of research on the net and found a trick to display the Dialog using CWinThread derived class without stoping the main app window for executing the background task as follows: (1) In your header file define a CWinThread-derived class... class CDialogThread : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CDial...

Help! Can't seem to save custom view settings for "IMAP Messages"
I am using Outlook 2003 and connect to an IMAP server where I am trying to modify the default view for IMAP folders (which is "IMAP Messages") to my liking. I followed these instructions from a book: "In most cases, changing the current view affects only the current folder's view. To change the view across all folders, you must modify the view, not customize it. Open the Custom View Organizer using View, Arrange By, Current View, Define Views and select the view by name (not <current view settings>), and then choose Modify." I did exactly what was written. On...

To Thread or not to thread
I am using a CRecordset object to retrieve data from a remote server. The time to retrieve the data is highly variable because of network traffic etc etc etc and has varied from a few ms to almost a minute. Question: Is it a good practice to use a worker thread to handle the database exchange to avoid having my main thread block for long periods of time? I assume that I would let the exchange timeout and then check the return status and a global variable to determine if it should keep trying until it returned data ( might be null but that's ok). Ron H. Ron, While it may be a tin...

Can't "Hide Header Information" in Task View Reading Pane
I'm running Outlook 2003, SP3. In the Task View Reading Pane, the header information takes up a lot of screen space. I'd like to get rid of it. I have found two dialogs with a checkbox for "Hide Header Information", but checking and unchecking that box has no effect. It appears to be a bug. Any suggestions? ...

View Formulas of my report
Hello everyone By any chance is it possible to copy-past all formulas i have on my report so i can see them all better, in an excel shett, if anyone is mistaken ? Tks in advance Pedro ...

Anyone care to offer advice for my Client / Server threading model
I'm a bit of a sockets newbie and not too sure what the established ways of handling CAsyncSockets are. I need to handle two way comms between two or more handheld pcs and a server. WIth the server I've got: 1 Thread polling for new connections 1 Thread per client connection. The client thread is stuck in a loop called from CWinThread::InitInstance and sits and calls the CAsyncSocket::Receive function until something arrives. It uses peekmessage and postmessage in this loop to see if the app wants me to send anything to the client. This is working erratically though - peekmessage know...