Sync Services check boxes won't stay checked

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

0
karelles

On 5/4/10 11:27 AM, in article 59bb7ebf.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"karelles@officeformac.com" <karelles@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Frequently, for no apparent reason, the top 2 sync services boxes come
> unchecked. Although we have on occasion run Onyx (like Cocktail), these events
> happen even when we haven't run Onyx in days or weeks. Sometimes it happens
> right after setting them, sometimes it works okay for a few hours or a day or
> two, but on these three computers, eventually it comes unchecked.

I would guess it�s some function you are doing that is causing this. It�s
possible this has been reported, but if it has it�s not been enough that I
remember it.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
5/4/2010 10:57:53 PM
> &quot;karelles@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Frequently, for no apparent reason, the top 2 sync services boxes come <br>
> > unchecked. Although we have on occasion run Onyx (like Cocktail), these events <br>
> > happen even when we haven't run Onyx in days or weeks. Sometimes it happens <br>
> > right after setting them, sometimes it works okay for a few hours or a day or <br>
> > two, but on these three computers, eventually it comes unchecked. <br>
> I would guess it&amp;#65533;s some function you are doing that is causing this. It&amp;#65533;s <br>
> possible this has been reported, but if it has it&amp;#65533;s not been enough that I <br>
> remember it. <br>
> --  <br>
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP <br>
> Entourage Help Page    <br>
> Entourage Help Blog   <br>
> YouTalk   Twitter: follow  <br>

0
karelles
5/4/2010 11:31:51 PM
On 5/4/10 4:31 PM, in article 59bb7ebf.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"karelles@officeformac.com" <karelles@officeformac.com> wrote:

> What kind of function am I looking for?

I couldn't even guess.

> In one case, one of the users set the checkboxes, went out to lunch and they
> were unchecked when she came back (she left the prefs window open).

Try logging out/in with Shift key down to disable all startup items. See if
the problem goes away. If not, then try testing un a new Identity.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

How to configure outlook to connect to 3rd-party e-mail services
Can any one tell me How to configure outlook 2003 to connect to 3rd-party e- mail services I am using visual Basic for the mail program. Thanking you. John Supakin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi , I found the following link that talks abt the 3rd party mail connect http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/enterprise.htm Hope i answered ur query Regards, Venkat. ...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

text area pre filled if check box is on
Hey I have a form with a text area where users can submit there comment. In the form I also have a check box, and when tis is on the text area should be pre filled with a text. The text area should till be able to edit before submit. How do I make this possible? Thanks for your suggestion. Ryd. You may have to describe what you want a little better. As it stands now it could be that when you check the CheckBox, you fill the Text area with words from the dictionary. Where do you expect the text to come from? ryddogop@hotmail.com wrote: >Hey > >I have a form with a text area ...

Resize name box
Hi ! Is it possible to make the Name Box wider ? I have some range-names that are larger than the box, and differ only in the last letter, so I can not alway see the entire name. TIA, Gilbert De Ceulaer In MacXL, enter this in the VBE Immediate Window: CommandBars("Formula Bar").Controls("Name Box").Width = 250 For WinXL, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm In article <##HNj#X$EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, "Gilbert De Ceulaer" <s3016766@skynet.be> wrote: > Is it possible to make the Name Box wider ? > I have some r...

xsd web service validator from db2?
Hey all, Has anyone tried to connect to a mainframe using HIS server for strong names (db2) and convert the trans into xsd's? I need to build a web service xsd validator and wondered if any samples are lying around in here. Thanks, BillB ...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Combo Box Error 3077
I am using to following code to select a record from a combo box: Private Sub cboFindName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Name] = '" & Me![cboFindName] & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub This works fine until there is an apostrophe in the record when it fails with: Runtime error '3077': Syntax error (missing operator) in expression. This is obviously due to using single quotes after [Name] = and then putting the ...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

Outlook express address book /messages. Changing service provider
Hi I am changing my internet service provider. When I switch the service providers, will my address book and messages be available under outlook ? This is for a home based PC? Gracias ! In article <127cf01c3c07d$f23488c0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi |I am changing my internet service provider. When I switch |the service providers, will my address book and messages |be available under outlook ? This is for a home based PC? | |Gracias ! | | | Change of ISP will not affect the stored emails and addressbook. This newsgroup is for support of Outl...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

Local Service, Local System or Network Service?
Hello, I am hosting a web site on IIS 7.5 in a Windows 2008 server. This web site requires an SQL Database so I configured the SQL Server to allow remote connections. What service should I use the the SQL Server? Local Service, Local System or Network Service? Thank You, Miguel shapper (mdmoura@gmail.com) writes: > I am hosting a web site on IIS 7.5 in a Windows 2008 server. > > This web site requires an SQL Database so I configured the SQL Server > to allow remote connections. > > What service should I use the the SQL Server? > > Local S...

Multi select box Query problem
Hi, I'm having a problem running a query using a Multi Select List Box. Right now I'm just trying for one item, so my Criteria for the Year field looks like this... Forms!frmCreateReport.[crcYear].ItemData(2) If I use the Immediate Window and write this in, it gives me the answer of 2005... which is what I would like the query to use for it's query. However when I input this in the query it gives me a user defined function error. Any one know the solution to this problem? Thanks in advance. Once the MultiSelect property is set to other than None, you can't refer to l...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Combo box 05-25-07
Hi , I have a form with combo box. In case the user type in value that is not in the combo list, I would like him to get a massage "Invalid entry". Any ideas? Thanks First open your form in design mode. Open the properties menu and goto the data page. Set the 'Limit to List' property to Yes. Then goto the Event page and select the 'On Not in List' and click on the .... (right hand) choose to code builder. The VBE window will open. Enter the following msgbox "Invalid entry" Save your changes and try it out. you should also note that by simp...

FWD: Check out these important patch that came from the M$ Corp.
--bzijyuycgnrunpq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wockzhgyngekfulv"; type="multipart/alternative" --wockzhgyngekfulv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jkgimkrmoxwsq" --jkgimkrmoxwsq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Text box outline
Can the text box outline be turned off for printing? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sure - click the border of the text box, then use Format/Text Box, select the Colors and Lines tab, for Line, select "No Line" Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Pedal Man >" <<Pedal.Man.1avxrd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Pedal.Man.1avxrd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can the text box outline be turned off for printing? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > Hi, Yes. Tools--> Options--> view: objects area...

can't set up online services for downloading account information
I have Microsoft Money 2002 and have been able to download my account information for several credit cards without using the "Set up online services" function, but Discover Card requires use of that function to initiate downloads. Bu whenever I try to do that for any credit card I get a window briefly saying that Microsoft is downloading information from my financial institution, but then I get an error message: "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again." I have a broadband DSL connect...

Password protecting a service in 2K/XP
Password protecting a service in 2K/XP Is it possible to password protect a service so that in order to enable and disable it you need to supply a password ???? ...

SearchIndexer Service Always Running
I've changed this service to "mamual" so it will only start when needede but it still is running. Is there something else that triggers it to start? My files are not indexed. -- Retired Boeing Bill Have you tried to right-click on entire harddisk of your choice, e.g. C:\ in Windows Explorer-->Properties-->General. UNCHECK checkbox whic says "index this drive"? That is one of my first actions when configuring new computers. That & disabling a myriad other "pesty" supposedly useful but in reality processor-hogging processes is my ...

service hanging
Hi sometimes i get then problem of services hanging due to some problem..is there any way i can stop the service and start it again without having to restart the system. coz its irritating to know that there is no way to kill a process thats in the memory except for restarting the system. Regards Usman Jamil ...

Leader Lines Connecting Chart to Box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? Hi, Here is a possible solution. It uses a combination chart which allows the lines to be plotted and updated dynamically by using a xy-scatter. http://www.andypope.info/charts/customerleaderlines.htm If you have to still with ...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Service crashes: IIS Admin, Exchange Routing Engine, SMTP
I have noticed some peculiar behavior with service crashes on an SBS 2003 server. About a week after installing Exchange 2003 SP2, I saw this sequence of errors (all within the same second) in the System event log: Event ID: 7031 Source: Service Control manager Description: The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program. Event ID: 7034 Source: Service Control manager Description: The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It ...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...