Since Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and/or the 12.2.3 Entourage hangs/stalls for no apparent reason

--B_3341496633_9178169

The subject says it all.

Fans start to spin (Entourage eats a lot of processing power) and I have to
force quit it.

Any ideas?

Sample here: http://home.mac.se/star-affinity/entourage_hang.txt

--B_3341496633_9178169

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Since Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and/or the 12.2.3 Entourage hangs/stalls f=
or no apparent reason</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>The subject says it all.<BR=

<BR>
Fans start to spin (Entourage eats a lot of processing power) and I have to=
 force quit it.<BR>
<BR>
Any ideas?<BR>
<BR>
Sample here: <a href=3D"http://home.mac.se/star-affinity/entourage_hang.txt">=
http://home.mac.se/star-affinity/entourage_hang.txt</a></SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3341496633_9178169--

0
Bergstrom

Bergstrom, Martin <martin.bergstrom@oriflame.com> wrote:

> Fans start to spin (Entourage eats a lot of processing power) and I have to
> force quit it.

Try launching  the application pressing the Option key down to rebuild
the database,

          Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen

Outlook 2003 error: this is not a .pst file (it is) #2
Hello! A colleague sent me a dvd containing three pst files of important contacts, to be used in my outlook 2003. It uses unicode (not 97-2002 pst files) I am using windows xp. I have copied the files from the dvd, and removed the write protect option. I've tried to open the file using the file/open/outlook data file option using the file/import option creating a new pst file and trying to import the files into the new pst file created someone suggested changing the file type association from office data file to outlook file. Didn&#...

Office 10: Accessing the Excel file issue
Dear All, When the user ��A�� accessing the Excel file, then, the user ��B�� access the Excel file at the same time. It will not prompt the file as read only from the User ��B��. When the user B want to save the file, it just prompt the error ��Cannot save this file��, then it will generate a temp file on desktop from the User ��B��. But the User A also can save the file and generate a temp file on the desktop also. However, the user B can open the temp file successfully but user A cannot. Customer wants to know how to fix it and want to find the root course. In OS9 + Office 2001 there ...

Filter or highlight the last 10 entries
Hi all, How can I filter by or hightlight the newest 10 dates in a column and then if possible highlight the corresponding cells in the filtered rows that have text in them. Thanks in advance. My thoughts would be to do a data > sort > descending of the entire table by the dates col (I assume these contain all real dates). Then easily read off the latest 10 dates (from the top down). Then for the text highlights, you could select the data range eg: select A2:E100 (with A2 active), and apply CF using Formula is: =AND(ISTEXT(A2),A2<>"") Format to taste, ok out. Thi...

Outlook Hang #2
Outlook crashes utilizing %100 of the CPU usage. Hi Ayaz, please give us more information about that fault. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ayaz Mallick" <mallickayaz@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2c25a01c469bb$69dedab0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook crashes utilizing %100 of the CPU usage. > that is pretty normal. Google for it. No cure. "Ayaz Mallick" <mallickayaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2c25a01c469bb$69dedab0$a...

PC Perf. slow-down since 05 install
Folks, I know this has been kicked around--we all know MSFT M05 is slow. However, since installing M05 I have noticed my PC mouse "stops" or "jerks" even while Money is closed. I can explain it like this: recall when Money is open and it goes to "automatically" update... the cursor turns into an hourglass and sometimes jerks as the processor spikes..? ....well, that's what happens on my PC even though M05 is closed. I wonder if MSFT made changes to iexplorer.exe or associated .dll's ??? Since the install, the performance on my AMD Athelon XP 280...

GP 10 Tax Updates Error
When I go to Maint<US Payroll Updates<Check for Tax Updates An error comes up saying: "This program can only be run through the Dynamics GP Application I do not even get the option of choosing manual or automatic. i get this on my 2 GP10 instances and another co-worker has the same issue on her system. What build number of GP 10 are you on? Help > About Microsoft Dynamics GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Andrea ...

Duplicates problem #2
Hello, can anyone help me find a solution to another slightly different duplicates problem. I'm trying to count how many identical numbers there are between two ranges that may contain duplicates. Can anyone help me to edit a formula that Ron Rosenfeld so kindly provided, so that it counts the matches? =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(A2:H2,A1:H1)=COUNTIF(A1:H1,A1:H1)))=COUNT(A1:H1),"MATCH","No Match") Previous post's example Range 1 A1:H1___ 8 2 8 14 3 6 4 8 Range 2 A2:H2___14 2 3 4 8 6 8 8 Formula result =8 example 2 Range 1 F1:J1____ 8 2 8 14 3 3 3 3 3...

BCC #6
I am trying to send e-mail groups as BCC. So far I can only put one name at a time in the BCC field. What am I doing wrong Thanks So you can't click on the BCC button in a new message and choose your distribution list name from your contacts? Pac wrote: > I am trying to send e-mail groups as BCC. So far I can only put one > name at a time in the BCC field. What am I doing wrong? > > Thanks ...

How 2 Reduce Worksheet Size After Deleting?
I am working with an Excel 2002 worksheet that originally had over 63,000 rows. I've deleted most of these rows. Now only 50 remain. However, if I use a shortcut key to get to the bottom of my worksheet, it takes me to row 63646. Is there a way to reduce the size of a worksheet after rows are deleted? I would just copy the rows I need to a new worksheet, but there is formatting and characters that I would lose. Please advise. Thanks. There are instructions here for resetting the used range: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Theo wrote: > I am working wi...

Exchange SA crashes and restarts every 2 minutes and then freezes at starting
For awhile now our exchange 2k3 server (on server 2k3 sp2) has had the ESA crash and restart. However up until the last week or so it would only do it a couple times a day. However now it does it in batches every 2 minutes, and keeps crashing throughout the day. the event log shows: Event Type: Error Source: Microsoft exchange server Catagiory: None Event: 1000 user: N/A Faulting application mad.exe, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e737d, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, stamp 45d70ad8, debug? 0, fault address 0x0002a754. I see that this keeps happening for a couple hours and...

missing news command #2
I wanted to access newsgroups with outlook, so I followed the help instructions, opened the customize window, looked under the GO category and found the news command. When dragged it up to the menu, it went to the tool bar instead of the go menu. I managed to get it off the tool bar, but now the command is missing from the GO list of commands in the customize menu. I have tried hitting reset, but that only resets the toolbars, not the list of commands. I can't find my news command to put it in my go menu. What can I do? Outlook 2003? Make sure you've set Outlook Express as...

Sync error 18600 Entourage 2008

subquery help 01-12-10
I get a syntax error message when trying to run a query using the following as an expression in the query Cat 3: IIf([Sleepover]=True,0,IIf([ServiceDate]=[PHDate],0,IIf([Category]=3 And [Hrs]>Format(2,"Fixed"),(SELECT IIf([tblService_Date_and_Times].[End_Time] > [tblService_Date_and_Times].[Start_Time],(([tblService_Date_and_Times].[End_Time]-[tblService_Date_and_Times].[Start_Time])*24)+24,(([tblService_Date_and_Times].[End_Time]-[tblService_Date_and_Times].[Start_Time])*24) FROM tblService_Date_and_Times WHERE tblService_Date_and_Times.Verified = True AND tblServ...

Has COleDatabase changed since VC6 ??
I posted a question the other day about a COleDatabase problem. I have now created a dummy project and brought all my various lines of database code together into 1 method and narrowed it all down to one simple chunk of code. The following few lines works perfectly in debug mode, but in release mode, hits an exception, which causes a crash. Firstly 2 lines creates a database. Then I create a table called "table1" and then I try to create a field in that table called "id". This line causes an exception, "System resource exceeded". I have been using code that...

Outlook 2000 #3
My Outlook 2000 is about 3 years old. What updates etc should I get and where do I get them. Hi, http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/2000/O2kSR1DDL.aspx The above link gives all details for Outlook 2k SP's Rgds, Kishore >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook 2000 is about 3 years old. What updates etc >should I get and where do I get them. >. > [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.outlook and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <0b9e01c346c2$3ee85880$a301280a@phx.gbl>, nitin_kushes@yahoo.com says... > You can go IE 6 download wh...

Average Days to Pay 08-04-10
I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with their Average Days to Pay field in Customer Credit Summary GP 10.0? We have a large number of active customers that have a zero for their life to date calculation and this has not changed for a while. We also have customers where the ADTP numbers are just clearly wrong. If we are going to have to recalculate the ADTP for each customer, is there a sql script or process that we can go through other than manually calculating these numbers? Thanks, Shaun ...

2 Questions
1. Using 1.3 on XPP on two networked PC's. Database connects fine. After starting SO POS on front computer w/dongle, I use start up SO Manager and I receive "warning 941, the copyright..." My firewalls are set (I believe) correctly. What do I need to do to allow back office to recognize dongle on the front PC. 2. While I am able to open SO POS just fine, when I sign in with name/password I receive "ACCESS DENIED." However, I click "okay," and it seems that everything works okay. I checked my cashier's security settings, all are in place....w...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items #2
I have large excel file - which has duplicate items in, I would like to compare col A and Col B and if any of the items in apear in that combination anywhere else in the colums then i want either a helper col to show its is a duplicate or to highlight it in a different colour. Ideally as as this will be done by may people ( who will not follow instructions on how to do this ) i would like for them to just open up a file and then press on a button .... Eg: A | B| Help Col 1 | 5 | Duplicate 2 | 6 | 3 | 7 | 4 | 9 | 1 | 5 | Duplicate 1 | 5 | Duplicate Any suggestions? I can suggest a way to...

Date formula #10
Hi, I am trying to put together a formula that will calculate a cell referencing a date less 30 days but to return a Friday date if it falls on Saturday and a Monday date if it falls on Sunday. Example: B2= 01/10/05 =b2-30 returns a date of 12/11/04 which is on Saturday. I want it to return 12/10/04 Friday instead. If it fell on Sunday I would want it to return Monday's date. Otherwise, if b2-30 falls on Monday through Friday I want that date returned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This should work: =IF(WEEKDAY(B2-30,1)=1,B2-29,IF(WEEKDAY(B2-30,1)=7,B2-31,A2-30)) tj &...

License for new install of 1.2
I had a problem during our first install of CRM - I uninstalled it and reinstalled the product. At the end, I got an error that it didn't like the License key and to update it in the License manager . . . that would be nice, except that I can't start the Deployment Manager. I get the following MMC error 3 times: "Snapin failed to initialize". In the Event Log I get: Source: DMSnapin Category: None EventID: 0 Description: dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin: WhoAmI failed. Also, I noticed that the ASP.Net State Service does not start automatically - should it ? Help !! Thanks, ...

print a perfectly centered graphic design in publisher #2
When I try to print a full page color graphic design, it will not be perfectly centered. I recently got a xerox phaser printer and the specs say it should be able to print to .167 of the border. If I just use the background fill, it is way off so what I have tried to do is make the page 8 x 10.5 (which would give a 1/4" border of white all the away around - centered. The design looks perfect until I go to print preview. I can make the side margins look a perfect 1/4" each, but the top will be slightly more than 1/4" -- about 1/8" more and of course the bottom will be 1/...

blocked attachments #10
can anyone out there advise me on how to stop attachments from been blocked from coming in and going out. the message i get is "oe removed access to the following file" any advise on this matter will be good. thanks Len <dreamstalker911@hotmail.com> wrote: > can anyone out there advise me on how to stop attachments > from been blocked from coming in and going out. the > message i get is "oe removed access to the following file" > any advise on this matter will be good. thanks Ask in an Outloko Express newsgroup. (Hint: Tools>Options>Security) -...

Can't Add Products or Quantities in CRM 3.0 after installing MS WSUS
Hi It may be co-incidental but we can no longer add products to a pricelist in CRM 3.0 after installing WSUS to our SBS Server Premium (but no ISA) On the add price list item page i select the product complete required fields etc then enter the price. As soon as i hit another field the box empties itself and when you hit save a pop says that you need to add a field. I'm pretty sure i had this problem when we first installed and it was something to do with system permissions but i cannot find any info here again! We also have the same problem when trying to add an existing product to a ...

Negative date problems, and working with a leading 0 in cell #2
Found out my problem to whom it may concern, I was entering in my date in the format of mmddyyyy, so naturally excel interpreted these number as dates I hadn't intended. As an ammendment to my previous question, could anyone explain how t enter dates in the mmddyyyy format and tell excel that cells in som selection are of this format, and to interpret them as dates -- Kalabalan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kalabalana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1143 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Top 10 Bugs in Great Plains
Folks, We are considering to use great plains for our medium size organization. Currently we are using an ERP solution which is too expensive. It will be great help if you can list down top 10 bugs or issues you have faced with GP from your experience and usage. Thanks, Alpesh I wouldn't call them bugs, but I can give you my top 10 'why doesn't it work like I think it should?' complaints: 1. Purchase order returns should reset the original PO quantity so replacement items can be re-received 2. Should have the abiltity to set quantity and dollar tolerances...