Setting entourage for 2 email servers

Version: v.X
Email Client: pop

in Mac Mail my office server provider was recognized on start up. When i work of of my home Mac Mail recognized that i had a deferent server co for out going mail and if one server did not work it automatically tried the other. Now with Entourage it has a setting for my office but i am unable to send email from my home. How can i set up for both? thank you.
0
Tim_McLean

On 3/12/10 1:03 PM, Tim_McLean@officeformac.com wrote:

> in Mac Mail my office server provider was recognized on start up.
> When i work of of my home Mac Mail recognized that i had a deferent
> server co for out going mail and if one server did not work it
> automatically tried the other. Now with Entourage it has a setting
> for my office but i am unable to send email from my home. How can i
> set up for both? thank you.

Entourage does not support multiple outgoing mail servers for one
account. You can, however, create a second Account that is practically
identical to the first and put in a different outgoing mail server for
that. You can then select which account will send the message in the
 From field.

Do this:

1) Go to Tools --> Accounts... and create a new account with identical
information as your first account.

2) Change the name of the new account in the top field to something
slightly different so that you can distinguish it from the first account.

3) UNcheck the option just below the account nam to include this account
in your Send/Receive settings. Your first account is already doing this.
No need for the second account to check too.

4) Change the outgoing server address at the bottom to your secondary
address.

5) Save your new settings.

Now, when you need to send from the second address, you should see a
drop down menu next to the From field in a new mail message. Choose
whichever account you want to use.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
3/13/2010 7:24:10 PM
Bill, thank you for the suggestion, but it unfortunately did not work. My concern is when taking my laptop traveling will I be able to send out emails? Don't know if you can help me with that question.  <br>
Tim
0
Tim_McLean
3/16/2010 3:47:59 AM
On 3/15/10 8:47 PM, Tim_McLean@officeformac.com wrote:
> My concern is when taking my laptop traveling will I be able to send out
> emails? Don't know if you can help me with that question.

Send and receive E-mail while Traveling

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/travel.html>

Check some of the third party options:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/xtras/third.html#location_travel>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

cannot send attachments #2
I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? What version of Outlook, including the number? TOOLS | HELP | ABOUT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK Have you updated lately? Do you get any errors or messages? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "klk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044701c3975f$ccc8b9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? ...

setting up new outlook mail account

Email sent from iphone not formatted to read in entourage
For starters, I'm using a new macbook pro, and entourage 2008 - via an exchange server environment I just noticed that I can read sent email from entourage formatted just as it was when it was sent (the good news). However, when I send an email from my iphone, the sent folder in entourage displays the sent mail, but formats it in a manner that's not readable (more like code) - in the sent folder, it shows no recipient and no subject. Enclosures are also not showing up in the sent folder On 1/27/10 4:28 PM, Tim Bradbury wrote: > For starters, I'm using a new mac...

OWA Set Rule problem

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

email fonts #2
Dear all Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. EGB Are you receiving then sending email in plain text mode ? kev "egb" <egb@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqK1qILtHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I > reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. > > EGB > > > > > ...

How to set backcolour

ExcelReport 2.0
ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. Supports all databases using ODBC. With on time configuration, automatically generates Excel reports. We are designing and developing ExcelReport 2.0. You are appreciated to give your advices. Here are some description of new features and report samples. http://www.ljzsoft.com/excelreport2/index.htm LJZsoft.com One of the most frustrating aspects of Crystal Report (which I presume is the principal competition) is its tendency to report numeric results as text, interfering with the user...

Feb 10 live MSFT chat: RMS 1.2 Hardware Configuration
Hi all, This is Michelle, editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site. I want to let you know that this week, on Thursday, Feb. 10, at 11 a.m. PST, we'll be hosting a live chat on RMS 1.2 hardware setup. Here's a description of the chat: Hardware Configuration in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 February 10, 2005 11:00 A.M. Pacific Time Have questions about setting up and configuring the hardware your POS system uses? In this live chat, Microsoft Retail Management System developers Balaji Balasubramanian, Josef Schauer, Dan Hanke, and Sylvester La Blanc wi...

Deposit on Sales Order #2
Let's say you have a sales order with 2 lines on it. The first line is for $10,000 and the second is for $40,000. This is a new customer so you ask for 50% deposit. Customer pays $25,000 so you put this amount on the invoice. Now you only invoice them for the first line. The invoice will print with a -$15,000 total because $10,000 - $25,000=$15,000. Now you come along and want to print an invoice for the second line. The deposit amount does not print on this second invoice. This is a problem because the customer is expecting to see a second invoice with a balance due of $0.00. Does ...

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Copy formula for ranges from diff sheets #2
Unfortunatley then i have to go to every sheet, copy and paste special (transpose) What I need is some sort of formula that will copy the same range fro _all_sheets_ and then paste special (transpose) on to the referenc sheet. ? -- Berni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bernie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1457 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA >-----Original Message----- > >Unfortunatley then i h...

The Pivot Table field name is not valid, #2
I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why. My data is in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled. What do I have to do to get over this? Thanks Denise Hey Deniseh... The Pivot table is looking for a concentric group of columns and cells, my belief without seeing the data is that you have a column in the data range that does not have heading... check to verify that each the first cell in each column of the pivot table data range has a value populated -- Thanks for your help - Joe Mac "deniseh" wrote: > I am receiving the ab...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

synchronize sub forms-part 2
Don't see my earlier post... here I go again! Scenario: Main form (1)- frm1 based on tbl01 User enters 3 parameters to filter by p1,p2,p3 Subforms (6)- fsub1-fsub6 (each with its own tab) also based on tbl01 ALL subforms are Linked to frm1 through 2 fields (p2,p3) When the 3 parameters are chosen fsub1 will list the basic info associated with them. fsub2-fsub6 will list more specific info. With the following additions suggested by Robert Carlson: fsub1 On current Event: Forms![frm1]![fsub2].Requery fsub2 On Current Event: If IsNull(Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID) = False Then ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field #2
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...