Re: Entourage for Mac Error

Thanks very much.

I went into my account and unchecked all the boxes I the Receiving mail menu
except for "This POP service requires a secure secure connection (SSL)" and
it seems to work now.

Allan

On 10-01-11 8:34 PM, in article C77111AD.21F14%EntourageHelp@gmail.com,
"Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" <Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com> wrote:

> On 1/11/10 1:17 PM, in article C770FF97.2A36%jigtime@sympatico.ca, "Allan
> Meltzer" <jigtime@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> Today, all of
>> a sudden,  I can not access my mail and get the message
>>
>> "Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the
>> available authentication methods. Error: -17897."
>
> See if the suggestion listed here help.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error-17897>
>
> It helps to know what type of account when you are reporting errors. (POP,
> IMAP, Exchange)
>
> Basics:
>
> 1.  If you can receive but not send then you have a bad SMTP configuration
> 2.  If you can send but not receive you have a bad POP or IMAP configuration
>
> You can try re-entering info.
> You can delete account and create a new one.
> Using copy/paste can result in an extra space being added. Type carefully.
> Check your Keychain for corruption.

0
Allan

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- 08/22/2007 Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10 X86 08/14/2007 Adobe CS3 Master Collection MAC OSX UB D1 .DVD 08/09/2007 Digidesign Pro Tools V7.3 LE MAC OSX 05/11/2007 Altiverb 5.1 .MAC. .PPC. OSX 04/26/2007 VTC Macromedia D...

Error when opening .csv files
Hi Whenever I try to open up a .csv file in Excel (2000) by either double clicking on the file or use the "Open"-menu it opens up the document without separating the columns at the comma. Everything goes into the first column. If I rename the file to become a .txt-file and then open it up in Excel it works just fine as long as I change the separator to a comma sign. What could be wrong? Regards Wayne I'm guessing that the list separator in the file is different from the list separator inside your windows setting. You could either continue doing what you're doing or...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Services error
I cannot start about 3 service on my exchange server5.5 and it gives this error when trying to start the information store - 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294966767' have any body experienced this and what can i do? Please see the following article: 246272 XADM: Service Specific Error 4294966767 Appears, Information Store Stops http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246272 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Re-install Outlook 2002

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

OLE Server Error
Hello: I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word document into my publisher document. I am using Publisher97 and Word 2000. I have also tried using Publisher9y and Word97 and get the same thing. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Go to the website www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest version of the MDAC Components for your operating system. -- Hi Cathy (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hello: || || I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word || document into my publisher document....

Error Sending
I periodically get an error message that states. 553 To send mail, first check your mail with a valid POP account; this prevents unauthorized SPAM relaying. (#5.7.1) It won't send my mail. This only happens every so often. What could be wrong? ...

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

unhandled exeception error 0xC0000005 while debugging
hello friends i am using this code....and calling dll function...but when it goes to dll function while run time teher si error...."unhandled exeception error 0xC0000005 while debugging."" Can anybody help me how to come out of this error......thank you very much for your time and effort...... // MY CODE START FROM HERE void CArielProjectVer2Dlg::OnPriceChangeArielapictrl1(LPCTSTR SessionId, LPCTSTR RequestId, short MarketNo, LPCTSTR Market, LPCTSTR Bid, short BidDirection, LPCTSTR Ask, short AskDirection, LPCTSTR High, LPCTSTR Low, short MarketState, LPCTSTR Timestamp) { ...

Word Template created in Word 2008 (mac) won't save on Word 2007 (vista)

Debug Error when starting Outlook
Hi, I have just installed Office XP and when I try to open Outlook, I get the following error message: Debug Error! Programe: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10|OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination I have tried repair but this doesn't work. I would appreciate any advise. Thanks Dear, There are lot of workaround on this issue. 1. How about other programs - Word, Access etc - is that working? 2. Have you updated all of the patches and service packs? 3. Is OL opening after several attempts? 4. Have installed any Anitspam and Antivirus Program? 5. If yes then Please uninst...

excel.exe has generated errors #2
Hello, Sorry for the cross post. I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich -- Mrich Have you copied the file from the floppy to your hard...

Re: exmerge error

Entourage 2008 Web Services edition (13.0.3) and " Unable to establish a secure connection" error
One of our users had his Entourage 2008 upgraded to EWS (13.0.3). He is using Leopard 10.5.8. Since the upgrade he is getting an error/warning message after he provides his login credentials: "Unable to establish a secure connection to exchnlb.txstate.edu because the server name or IP address does not match the name or IP address of the server's certificate." This looks very similar to an issue that was address by the 12.1.2 update. There are no reports of other users which this issue. I use the same version of EWS as the user. There is an ability to capture i...

import .pst file into entourage 2008 no access to pc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel my pc just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? <br> It seems that for mac office the compatibility is essential but not for all!!! On 4/7/10 6:53 PM, ladyelena@officeformac.com wrote: > just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't > have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? There are some third party option that can help with that. Check out the options on...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Error 1304
I purchased Outlook 2003 and installed it on my WIN XP machine. When I install the add-on personal folders backup tool (definately 2003 version) I get an error 1304 - cannot write to G:/PROG../MICROSO../OFFICE11/backaapl.exe I assume it's OK to have Outlook and Office installed on the G drive instead of the C drive. I tried changing the read permissions to write permission for OFFICE11 - no go. I installed the video update with no problems. Any ideas anyone? Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633) System Manu...

Re:

Whoam I error
Hi Trying to write a sample program using SDK We get invalid acess error 405 when we use Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser (); any idea? Lakshmi On order to determine whether your issue is due to a problem with either your crm environment or code can i suggest you try running one of the c# examples to see if that works. if it does at least we know its a coding issue and therefore can you isolate your code to a very small example and post the text here thanks "Lakshmi" <lakshmi@nospam.com> wrote in message news:011701c3946e$e66ef290$...

outlook 2007 send mail error
Trying to send mail and getting error Sending' reported error (0x8DE00006) : 'The operation failed I'm running office 2007 with office outlook connector I've removed the account and recreated it in outlook 2007 as well as repaired the outlook connector same error . Anyone know why and how to solve >? NVM solved "me" <1@1.com> wrote in message news:AD553921-E0A0-47A4-B9FE-912F0DE9F747@microsoft.com... > Trying to send mail and getting error > Sending' reported error (0x8DE00006) : 'The operation failed > I'm running of...