Preventing Duplicate Calendar Events

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Even with the upgrade to MacOffice 2008 I am still getting multiple duplicated events off of exchange server.  I have my MobileMe and iCal set to no sync, but it is still occurring.  I see references in forum with 2004, but does someone know of a fix or third-party plug in that will scrub the calendar?
0
DryDoc

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01CAA9E8.BB644D20

Are you running any antivirus on your Mac?
  <DryDoc@officeformac.com> wrote in message =
  Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) =
Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Even with the upgrade to =
MacOffice 2008 I am still getting multiple duplicated events off of =
exchange server. I have my MobileMe and iCal set to no sync, but it is =
still occurring. I see references in forum with 2004, but does someone =
know of a fix or third-party plug in that will scrub the calendar?
------=_NextPart_000_0041_01CAA9E8.BB644D20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18882"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>Are you running any antivirus on your =
Mac?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:DryDoc@officeformac.com">DryDoc@officeformac.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  title=3D"news:59bb2859.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:59bb2859.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">news:59bb2859.-1@webcro=
ssing.JaKIaxP2ac0</A>...</DIV>Version:=20
  2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel =
Email=20
  Client: Exchange Even with the upgrade to MacOffice 2008 I am still =
getting=20
  multiple duplicated events off of exchange server. I have my MobileMe =
and iCal=20
  set to no sync, but it is still occurring. I see references in forum =
with=20
  2004, but does someone know of a fix or third-party plug in that will =
scrub=20
  the calendar?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01CAA9E8.BB644D20--

0
Pawan
2/9/2010 7:03:56 PM
I am not running antivirus on my Mac.
0
DryDoc
2/9/2010 10:12:41 PM
On 2/9/10 5:47 AM, in article 59bb2859.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"DryDoc@officeformac.com" <DryDoc@officeformac.com> wrote:

> does someone know of a fix or third-party plug in that will scrub the
> calendar?

Delete Duplicate Calendar events for Exchange Users:

Use Duplicate Killer Merger for Microsoft� Outlook

<http://duplicatekiller.4team.biz/>

Be sure to quit Entourage while running DK. Essentially it will clear your
Entourage cache when you began syncing it with Exchange again.

For Entourage's calendar "On My Computer".......

There is a scrubber for iCal call iCal Dupe Deleter. You could clean up in
iCal then use sync to overwrite everything with iCal. Be sure to turn off
Sync Services while you are cleaning up your data.

<http://www.nhoj.co.uk/icaldupedeleter/>

We have a script, Remove Duplicate Calendar Events Author: Jolly Roger
posted for Entourage, but it can take hours to run.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/duplicates.html#calendar>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane
2/10/2010 12:43:34 AM
I ended up using Jolly Roger's script and is running now.  I have used Duplicate Killer previously on Windows, but it isn't available for Mac that I know of. <br>
Thanks for the advice.
0
DryDoc
2/10/2010 5:11:24 PM
On 2010-02-10 12:11:24 -0500, DryDoc@officeformac.com said:

>  I have used Duplicate Killer previously on Windows, but it isn't
> available for Mac that I know of.

 There is also Spanning Tools for Mac. I like their suite of applications.
http://spanningtools.com/mac/
����������Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso

outlook Add-In problem accessing shared calendar second time
Hi I had developed an Add - In for outlook 2003. It works fine while accessing the inbox folder. But when I tried to access the mail item stored in the calendar of another user, it works fine for the first time. When I opened the mail Item in the calendar for the second time it says "The operation Failed" error message. I think the error is generated in the line "Inspector.CurrentItem" when the application tries to get the reference of the active inspector Regards R.Balamurugan You would have to show more of your code for anyone to see what you are doing and how. ...

Duplicate Entries #2
I'm a "casual" user of Excel 2002. I have a single-column spreadsheet containing about 900 entries, many of them duplicates. I've sorted the list alphabetically. Is there any good, automated procedure for eliminating duplicate entries, or is that strictly a long, boring manual process? Thanks very much for your help, JW. ASAP Utilities, which is a free add-in easily found by Googling "ASAP Utilities," makes this an easy job. After installing the add-in, highlight the range that includes your lists, and go to "ASAP Utilities/Information/Count Duplicat...

Use has issue with Outlook calendar
Hi all, I have a user who is having two different issues with her Outlook calendar. She is using a Windows XP operating system with Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server. She is an office assistant so she is a delegate for other users and has a view of multiple calendars from her Outlook. Following are the issues: 1. She all of a sudden is seeing gmail appointments in her Outlook calendar. Only one user has a gmail account but those calendar appointments do not appear in that user's Outlook account. They only appear in the office assistant's calendar. 2. Someti...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Receiving Duplicate Messages
Hi, I recently tried to set up Outlook Express on a 2nd computer. Since that time I am receiving duplicate messages from senders. How can I stop receiving dual messages? Thanks, Todd Have you configured this connection (presumably to a POP3 server) to "delete" messages on the server after download? If you, should to stop the duplicates. However, this in confict to have OE running on a second machine where presumably you want to have duplicate mails. That's what IMAP servers were invented for ... If you can use than protocol instead of POP3, then do so. Hope this i...

97: How can I find duplicate entries in a column?
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. This is a very basic question from an even more basic user. I have a spread sheet with a long list of ID numbers for skips. Sometimes duplicate numbers arise from paper work from elsewhere and I get a false total of skips in hand. How can I organise that column to highlight a duplicate entry please? Shen --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Insert a helper column: =COUNTIF(A1:A9999,A1) (adjust the range to suit.) then the formulas that evaluate to more than 1 will be duplicated. Chip Pearson has some other techniques at: http://ww...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Duplicate data on combo box
I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info is entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city field. However, if there is more than one customer from NEW YORK it is showing new york twice instead of once. How can I change that? Thanks "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DA286B1-1A7A-40D3-849B-9E7634F0B705@microsoft.com... >I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info >is > entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city > f...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Meeting disappears in calendar?
Hello, recently we got this peculiar behaviour that after adding a meeting to the Calendar it disappears after just 30 seconds which is a shame. The mail account acts the same no matter which computer you use so it must be a phenomena at the server side? Is this a specific setting that might have been accidently triggered from Outlook and if so, how do you restore it? /Regards Anders Not sure that this will help but here is a reply from a previous thread indicting the version of cdo may be the culprit - reprinted in whole from groups.google.com...

duplicate entries needed
Anyone know if it's possible to enter two of the same market symbols? I have a regular mutual fund with a company and an IRA with the same company. I haven't been able to figure out how to enter both because Money won't allow a duplicate entry of symbols. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q59. "mockalisj" <mockalisj@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:2b4301c37476$3594e820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to enter two of the same > market symbols? I have a regular mutual fund with a > c...

Outlook is duplicating my emails?
Hi, I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the emails that go to my Inbox. It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 server. Please advise Akhil Do you have any rules that don't end in "Stop Processing" actions? "Akhil Gupta" <akhilstyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:076401c39fd6$af1c48b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the > emails that go to my Inbox. > > It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 > server. ...

Shared Calendar #5
I have this in my Free/busy publish and search location \\fileserver\calendar\%name%.vfb and in my contact for John I have added this \\fileserver\calendar\john.vfb in John's contact Internet Free-Busy address area. When I try and open a shared calendar I get the folowing message: Unable to display the folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user What am I doing wrong? ...

Moving Archived Calendar Items
Hi there, over the years, I have some how ended up with half a dozen ..PST archive files. It is very easy to drag and drop the messages to another archive so I can consolidate them into one archive file. However, I can't see a way of moving the calendar items. Does anyone know how to do that? Change your view to the All Appointments view. This is a list view so you would be able to copy them over just like email messages. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowT...

Duplicate Table with unique Name
I am using Pervasive.SQL 2000 for a database and GP 6.0. I am trying to duplicate a table in dexterity. I duplicate the resource and give it a unique physical name. I then compile the dictionary and run the ddf generator. I then copy the table intot ehf older on the server and go to pervasive Control Center and the table does not show. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? The table I am duplicatng is RM00103. I am trying to add a copy of the table from backup so that I can run a sql statement to update the existing table from the backup table. Thanks! ...

Activities not displaying in Calendar
I've used the proxy class to schedule all my appointment activities, but although they show up on my Activities tab, they do not display on the calendar. Also, they are marked as all day events, and I can see that they are inserted correctly into the Activity view in the db, but I am able to schedule many all day activities on the same day instead of getting the error I get when I'm scheduling from CRM. ...

event ID 502
Here is one of my event ids, any help would be greatly apprecieated. using SBS 08. Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Folder Redirection Date: 6/8/2010 12:08:08 PM Event ID: 502 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: xxxxxxxx\XxxxAdmin Computer: Server.domain.local Description: Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Documents" to "\\SERVER\RedirectedFolders\XxxxAdmin\My Documents". Redirection options=80009231. The following error occurred: "Can not create fol...

Duplicate the Account Entity
Hi. I am looking to create 4 more separate Account Entities in my CRM deployment. My first thought was to export the Account customizations, edit them in Visual Studio, then import them back into CRM. I’ve tried this a few times, but with no success. Is there any documentation that will tell me exactly which fields need to be changed in my XLM sheet? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help. Try creating a new entity and then import your customizations into it. This may be fast but not be the best way. I would take the time to plan out your new Entitie...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Cartelle Outlook duplicate?
Buongiorno a tutti. Mi chiamo Edo ed � il mio primo "post" nel vostro gruppo. Vi rubo solo un attimo per una questione che mi sta facendo perdere la pazienza (e tanto tempo). In sintesi: sono stato costretto a formattare il mio PC e a reinstallare tutto. Tra le altre cose, ho ovviamente re-installato anche Office (2003); Outlook per� ha un problema non indifferente. Ho copiato il mio vecchio *.pst nel dir "di competenza" di Outlook e, ovviamente ho recuperato i contacts, le e-mail archiviate e tutto quanto possa portarsi dietro questo favoloso file... .... ma forse ha...

How to duplicate a note (with Attachment) ? 01-12-04
Hi all ! I need to develop a function (with sdk) that duplicate a note. If the note hasn't attachment, the code works (with notesmanager.Retrievebyobject and notesmanager.Create) But if the note has an attachment, the new attachment isn't retrieved and created. I can't understand where the file is saved (in DocumentBody field of AnnotationBase table ?) and if I can detach and re-attach it ... How can I do it ? Thanks Sebastiano. ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Outlook set up for calendar, contacts and tasks ONLY
How can I set up my outlook to display ONLY the calendar, contacts and tasks options? I used another e-mail sysem not outlook. sotero <sotero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set up my outlook to display ONLY the calendar, contacts > and tasks options? I used another e-mail sysem not outlook. Try not defining a mail account in the mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...