Microsoft Sync Services/Microsoft Database Utility

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I've been getting this error repeatedly while working on my Mac, &quot;Microsoft Sync Services has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience&quot;. <br>
When I open the Microsoft Database Utility to run, it does fine for a few minutes, then I get the message, &quot;Some Office programs could not be closed automatically .  Quit all Office programs, and then click OK&quot;, followed by &quot;Do you want to quit Microsoft Messenger and all Microsoft Office programs so that the Database Utility can run?&quot;.   <br>
This is puzzling to me because I've never used Messenger and there are no applications running.  I'm not sure how this issue originated, but I'm not computer-savvy, so this makes me nervous.  Any thoughts?
0
Sovereign

<Sovereign@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I've been getting this error repeatedly while working on my Mac,
> &quot;Microsoft Sync Services has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.

Does the database utility run properly after that??

> This is puzzling to me because I've never used Messenger and there
> are no applications running.  I'm not sure how this issue originated,
> but I'm not computer-savvy, so this makes me nervous.  Any thoughts?

Well Messenger probably doesn't run, but if you use MyDay or the
Notification system, you have a daemon running in the background that
accesses the database, hence the message.

If the database utility doesn't find anything to fix and the problem
comes back over and over again, you might want to find and delete it's
prefernce file. It might be corrupted.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen

Sovere...@officeformac.com wrote:
> I don't use MyDay. I uninstalled then reinstalled Microsoft Office
> 2008. Looks like this took care of the issue. I ran all the appropriate
> updates as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm thinking of taking
> my computer in for a "tune up" just to be on the safe side. Thank you
> for your help!

Uninstalling your Office is not really the solution here. This is  not
an uncommon problem and gets reported every so often in the forum.
Sync services has simply run into problems with Entourage.

The best thing is just to reset sync servi ces. Follow Apple's support
article TS1627 on their support website. Before running anything there
turn off all sync'g in Entourage prefs sync. The other thing you might
want to do to make sure nothing is running in background is to log out
and log back in holding the shift key down. This prevents loading of
stuff. Now follow the steps in TS1627.

Re-enable sync in Entourage. Do the following. When you re-enbable
sync it will ask you at a popup what you want to do. Choose over write
of Entourage to the Apple apps. After that has finished go back into
Ent prefs and turn off all sync. Now go back into Ent prefs sync and
just turn on one module and choose the combine command; lets say
Calendar and tasks. Try running Ent with only one sync module enabled.
It will sync almost 100% but if you have more than one module on
you'll get odd sync behaviors. When you need to sync another module
like contacts, turn off the active module, turn on say Contacts,
choose combine and after sync has completed switch to your most active
module probably Calendar and Tasks and have it running all by itself.

After these steps, you might want to ensure the Ent DB is working
alright. Lauch the DB utility by holding down the option key when you
lauch Ent. Run verify. It should come back and say you Ent DB is
working fine. If it isn't it'll have to be rebuilt and after rebuild
you might need to follow the above steps but only if you had to
rebuild.
0
Kerry

Connection to local MSDE Database
I have a sql query made in the jscript OnSave event of the Appointment entity, which connects (using the ADODB) to the xxx_MSCRM database on the server to fetch data and put it into fields of the appointment. Obviously, this does not work when the client is using the Offline Outlook client. My question: I would like to change to connection string to point towards the local MSDE database when the client is using outlook, but don't know which server/Instance to use, and which credential to use. I've tried finding this local msde with a ODBC connection but can't connect to it. ...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

Outlook Mobile Service Address Book NOT Working
Every time I try to send a text message through Outlook Mobile Services, I CANNOT use the address book. It has been "made" when I configured the account, but it does not contain ANY mobile numbers from my main Outlook address book, as it is supposed to. I must physically type in the full mobile phone number. It does not appear in the mobile address book, even after I send a text message through Outlook. Outlook also quits - kicks me right out and restarts - each time I try to use the mobile address book. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong? Please excu...

Database Size, Database Corruption, Message Store & Storage Group
We're just recovering from an Exchange disaster. We discovered that we could not get database backups off of two of our four storage groups. We then discovered we were down one drive in our RAID 5 array. Then we discovered that we could not rebuild onto a new drive, probably due to issues on a second drive. We then attempted to save as much data as we could by exmerging data out of the two damaged stores and moving mailboxes to a second server. In the midst of this, the server crashed and would not reboot. We've since rebuild and recovered what we could, but we want to kn...

Location of Integration Manager Database
Is there a problem with putting the IM.mdb file on a network server and letting multiple people access it? Everything I've read about IM seem to imply that the database should be put on the workstation. I realize there may be a path issue if drive mappings aren't consistant. Is that the only issue or are there others? Bob, You can put the IM database on a network and allow multiple users to access it. That is how i configure my integrations. It also hs the advantage of having one central place for all integrations and the usually server gets backed up, so you have it on backp if y...

Problems Syncing MS05 with MSN
Guys, I am wondering if any of you are currently having problems syncing your Ms05 with MSN.com. For the last few days I have not been able to sync up with the MSN servers. I can get my credit cards and Bill Pay just not my bank accounts that MSN hosts. This started happening about 3 days ago. Anybody else seeing this happening. Thanks in Advance I have the exact same problem.I can sync my credit card account but not my bank account. In my case this started yesterday. It would be helpful if MSN would provide some sort of a notification from within Money of any problems they may ...

Missing sync preferences
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello, <br> I've just installed Entourage on my computer, and would like it to sync with iCal and Address Book. <br> From what I've read, I need to turn Sync Settings on in Preferences, but Sync Settings is missing from the menu. I tried &quot;switching identities&quot; as suggested in the product guide, but all it did was to close the windows down and grey everything out. <br> Help! What am I doing wrong? <br> Thanks! Have you updated Office 200...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

access app as a service
Thanks in advance for your help. What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm looking for options. Thanks again. hi Lance, On 21.04.2010 16:37, Lance McGonigal wrote: > What is the easiest way to run an access app as a windows service? I'm > looking for options. There are some third-party tools which allows to run almost any executable as a service, but an Access application is not such an application. You may run Access using the Task Scheduler. btw, why do you want to do that? Maybe there are other options. mfG -->...

Syncing up two outlooks
I have outlook 2003 on my laptop and my home PC. I would like to "automate" and keep both fully syncronized. I basically want a carbon copy at any given time. If I can't automate it, I'd like to at least be able to easily (double click a batch file on ONE PC) sync at will. I tried some $20-60 dollar sync tools on the web and I was not impressed with any that I tried. The programs didn't like the fact that the source\target had Outlook running. But I run outlook 24/7 on both PCs. I don't want to have to ensure both PCs have outlook closed before syncing. Is the...

Database Read Only. Help !!!
We are having a very perculiar problem with an access database file. The file is one the server and pretty much everyone can one it from the server except for one particular person. And she is the one would needs this file because she is responsible for update the database. The file opens as "Database is read only" on her computer. She has R/W access to the folder and the file is not protected, at least not yet, because everyone else can open it without any problem. Any ideas, as to the source of the issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I've heard of c...

Do I need to create a database or something?
I've got Excel 97 and with it have created my own bookeeping system. I'm using Excel to record basic bookkeeping data and to automatically calculate balances. In one workbook there are 4 sheets, representing 4 accounts (Bank, petty cash, expenses, balances). I've just filled in all the sheets for March and printed the workbook. So, I've got one Excel file for March. I've also arranged for a template, so when I come to fill in data for April, I'll have to open the template, take note of March balances, and put them onto April's workbook along with all the tran...

Microsoft Promo

microsoft XL

Adding new Online Service
I have my credit union set up under online service manager. I have second account at the credit union for my bowling league. It's a different account number and pin so I can't access it from the main account, at least I can't figure out how. I also have a 401K account with another financial institution. I can't figure out how to add a new Online Service which I would at least need to do to access my 401K account. I think I need to do that to get access to my bowling account online also. Can I do that? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote: >I have my credit u...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...