Messages show only my name in preview pane list

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Alan_Peevers

On 3/6/10 1:31 AM, Alan_Peevers@officeformac.com wrote:

> I'm using Entourage with my MobileMe account and also copying my
> messages onto the 'On my computer' section. In this section I have some
> folders I have created for storing sent messages. In some of these
> folders, when I use the preview pane, all the messages are shown in the
> list with my name as the addressee (I have not even copied myself so
> obviously there are none that actually have me as a recipient). When I
> get rid of the preview pane they all have the correct name.

I don't think anything is wrong here.

Sent messages will always display your name at the top, but you should
also see the addressees listed below next to the To or Cc headers.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Why Do My Documents Show As Read-Only For Others?
I have created a spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. I have not applied any sort of protection but when others try to open the file it shows as Read-only. This also happens in reverse order; when I open a file created by a co-worker it shows as read-only for me. Why is this? It's possible that it's in the settings of your network folder. Try to see the settings of your folder -- japorm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=654 View this thread: http...

Cannot delete example names Amy and Charlie from MONEY2003
Cannot delete name from IRA name list. Example names Charlie and Amy cannot be deleted. Where do I delete them. Already changed personal information and saved. Charlie and Amy no longer in personal information but still show in IRA retirement investment drop down window for assigning owners name to IRA. HELPPP!!!!! Create a new file rather than modifying the Sample. File, New, New File. "AmyCharlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d6301c3e03a$546de8c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot delete name from IRA name list. Example names > Cha...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Combo Box Adding Button to edit list items
I have a form which is designed to enter information about jobs we have completed. It has 3 combo boxes for different types of contacts that are pulled from different tables. I want the user to be able to select from the list or add a new contact. I know they can right click on the drop down arrow for the combo box and select "Edit List Items" but I really would like to add a button next to each combo box that gives them that option. I have tried creating a button next to it that opens up the form for the contact and then a button on that newly opened form to save and clos...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

list windows with tasks
We have a partner is AU that is suggesting to have a report that list the Great Plains windows with the appropriate tasks assigned to it. Although we have the task or role assignment report, it would be better if there is a report which lists the window, with the tasks associated with it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

Access 2007 Property for visible tables in navigation pane?
I have a form with a list box. I would like the list box to load the tables from my database that are visible in the Navigation pane. Where is this property set? I have tried the AllTables collection, but the table properties are not available. And I tried this: Dim cat As adox.Catalog Set cat = New adox.Catalog cat.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection Dim i As Integer With cat.Tables For i = 0 To (.Count - 1) If .Item(i).Properties(9).Value = False Then Me.lstTables.AddItem .Item(i).Name End If Next i End With Where Prope...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Defining name
I have created a variable/name to parse in a value and it works b calling : =INDIRECT("["& indo &"]Calculation!$F$5:$F$14") with "indo" being the variable/name. But it is not possible when I tried this in creating a chart. I need t call the variable/name in the data range field but the field can' inteprete them well. Have any idea how to work it out? Please help and thanks in advance! Cheers. Howie C. http://www.digiwerkz.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Howie, I haven't tried this in this context, but you can usually ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

display user logon name
I would like the user logged into the data base to have his/her name appear automatically in the name field of all edited records in a form I don't beleieve you can access the user's name unless you have the user enter their name when they login or deduce their name from a table of login id and name. The login id (from Windows) is available by running: Dim strUser as string strUser = Environ("Username") or you could use the function fosUserName (google it for details) -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and th...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Select Names: Contacts
When I send a file to mail recipient then select To: to select a contact in my address book the cursor shows the hour glass for up to 1 min before I can select anyone Anyone else having this problem? I thought it also did it when I selected New email as well but hasn't done it yet, but no doubt it will after I post this message Cheers Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Can you reproduce this in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) Does it work when you recreate your mail profile? http://www.howto-outlook....

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
Hi This problem has been driving me nuts for two days now. I'm receiving the following error in the event log when a user tried to login. Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1054 Date: 10/01/2010 Time: 18:37:28 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: PC6 Description: Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted. For more information, see Help and Suppor...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...