Mail views: "flagged" turns yellow

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

In the Mail Views, the flagged mail view appears in a yellow colour although no the items in the flagged category have been given the yellow colour. How to put category of "flagged" to none?
0
Ellimac

On 2/1/10 11:33 PM, in article 59bb215f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ellimac@officeformac.com" <Ellimac@officeformac.com> wrote:

> In the Mail Views, the flagged mail view appears in a yellow colour although
> no the items in the flagged category have been given the yellow colour. How to
> put category of "flagged" to none?

I suspect that you have a rule that is marking these as yellow. Check your
categories and see what items are related.

Select Edit Categories
Select the yellow category
At the top right of the Category window, click on Related

This will show you every item that is marked with this category.

Next, check your rules and Mailing List Manager rules. Look for action with
category.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Viewing Flagged contacts and emails together
Using either Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP (2002) is there any way to view all flagged contacts and emails on one screen? So far, it seems I can only view them separately. Thanks, Ralph Correct. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Ralph Bender, MBA" <ralphbender@pe.net> wrote in message news:uKzFuvloDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Using either Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP (2002) is there a...

Why are my messages being flagged automatically for follow-up?
When I click on an email, Outlook 2007 is automatically flagging it for follow-up without me doing it. I am searching high and low for a solution for this and i can't find one. It started doing it two nights ago. Now all my messages are being flagged as soon as I click on it. Anybody else experiencing this? Esmee K.;303433 Wrote: > When I click on an email, Outlook 2007 is automatically flagging it for > > follow-up without me doing it. I am searching high and low for a > solution > for this and i can't find one. It started doing it two nights ago. > N...

Move Flagged Row(s) to a Different Sheet
Hi Everyone, I'm sure this is a piece of cake for most of you who are familiar with programming in Excel, but it's a bit challenge for me. I'd like to know how to program in Excel so that rows that have been flagged with some identifier will be move to a different sheet, for example: In Sheet1, Col A is the flag column. It will be a drop down list. Let's say if Sheet1 Col A says "DELETE" then that entire row show be move to the sheet called "MOVE". Since Sheet1 is to be certain amount of row, I don't want to Cut the entire row to the...

Flagged Follow-ups
My flagged follow-ups do not pop up for follow-up on date flagged. They are "red" in my list of emails, but they are not listed as something to "follow-up." Please respond to: sgershfeld@laikenassoc.com They must be in a default folder (inbox, sent items) to cause the pop-up. Otherwise, they will just turn red. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, spg asked: | My flagged follow-ups do not pop u...

Keep flagged messsages on top?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop How do I keep the flagged messages on top and the unflagged messages, after those, in order by most recent? Hi Katrina, you can do so with a Custom Arrangement. Click on View>Arrange By>Edit Custom Arrangements. Create a new CA that looks as follows: Group items by: Flag Status Sort groups by: Flag Status - Flagged on Top Sort items within groups by: Sent - Newest on top Default display for groups: Expanded Hit OK, close the CA window, and when back in the main window, click on View>A...

Can you keep flagged items from being autoarchived?
I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take flagged items to the archive. I keep having to pull them back into the current mail file. Is there something I can set to accomplish this? Hit Alt-Enter while you've got one of these items highlighted then set the option to not AutoArchive the item "dstuart101" <dstuart101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272808E3-27B8-4E34-9A85-4070E91C5FEB@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take > flagged items to the archive. I keep ha...

Why is my emal flagged as spam by Outlook 2003.
I am trying to send an emal to a my sailing club members in HTML format. However, outlook 2003 tags it as spam and puts it into the trash. However this does not happen to HTML emails sent out by Apple. What is likely to be the cause of this problem, how does Apple make sure that it's emails are not identified as being spam? Tommy Atkins <nospam@demon.co.uk> wrote: > I am trying to send an emal to a my sailing club members in HTML > format. However, outlook 2003 tags it as spam and puts it into the > trash. However this does not happen to HTML emails sent out by Apple...

flagged emails disappear from inbox
I flag emails in my inbox for later follow up and this has worked for years until yesterday. Yesterday, all the flagged emails in my inbox were replaced with blank "windows" with the word "none" in them. The flagged emails show up in my "For Follow Up" folder, although I don't recall seeing that folder before yesterday. The inbox still shows the correct number of emails that should be there if all the flagged and unflagged emails showed up, but only the unflagged emails show up. Any idea about how I can get those flagged emails to show up in my inbox...

How do I search for "No date" flagged messages?
Hi all, In my infinte wisdom I've upgraded to Office 2007 (generally known as a 'bad move'). In their infinite wisdom M$ have made the "Today" flag (most important) the same color as the "No date" flag (least important). I want to switch all my "No date" flags to "Next week" flags so I need a criteria to search through all folders, returning only "No date" flagged items. I'd use the view window but the stinking thing doesn't sort by flag type when I sort on that column. Sean. simple... add the due date field to ...

Flagged Items are missing after Snow Leapord upgrade
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>I just upgraded one of my users Mac Book Pros to Snow Leapord and now his Flagged emails are gone. Not the emails themselves but all the flagged items. When I log into Webmail, I see all the flagged items but not in Entourage. Anybody have any ideas on whats wrong or how I can recover the flagged items? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. <br><br>Robert ...

Flagged Items #2
I cannot get flagged items in the inbox or sent items to 'alarm' me at set time. Are the Inbox and the Sent Items folder you're talking about located in the default mail store (i.e. the set of folder where your e-mail is delivered)? Or are they in a secondary storage file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:63d601c4013b$64acf010$a401280a@phx.gbl, Rich wrote: > I cannot get flagged items in the inbox or sent items > to 'alarm&...

No way to print or e-mail flagged transactions
I've flagged a few transactions for review by my wife. I'd like to print then individually or as a group, or e-mail them to her for review. Can't see a way to do this?? Barry You probably can't. You can see flagged transactions from the link on the home page if you add the flagged transactions module. Other than that or seeing the flag in the registers, I'm not aware of ANY other exposure of flagged transactions or flagged status of a transaction. Money has all too many examples of this essentially write-only data. You can get it in, but there aren't many way...

Flagged Transactions in Money 2007
I often flag transactions with the red flags on the leftmost column whenever I need to follow-up on a transaction. On my previous version of Money (2004), there was an option from the main page to "view all flagged transactions." I haven't been able to find this option in Money 2007. Does anyone know if it exists or not? I also haven't been able to find any info on a microsoft.com search or a google search. Thanks for your help. You have to go into the Customize content or layout page and select the Flagged Transactions widget to show up somewhere on your home page...

Flagged info
I use the completed box in the flag along with the description when I'm closing an issue that has been tracked throughout via email. In the past, in other places I've worked, the date and time will also be printed, not just the flag and flag status. I noticed in one other contract that the defaults somehow were set so that date/time didn't appear and in this current contract, same thing. This current job, though, is all about tracking BFs, though, and so I cannot afford not to have the date/time the flag info was completed printed out. Does anyone know how to change it so that ...

Print Tasks not emails flagged for follow up
OL 2007 lists flagged messages in my tasks list. How do I see only tasks, not flagged messages? A lot of them have strikethrough. They are not deleted. Maybe it's because the flag has been marked complete - but then why they are being included in the list of active tasks? I found in the modify view: Other settings dialogue "Always show unread and flagged messages in Arrange by Conversation". I don't know what that does, but it doesn't fix the problem. There is presumably a simple switch but I couldn't find any useful help on this. ...

Flagged messages
I have Microsoft Outlook 2002. The View Summary is set to Group By "FROM (Ascending). As you probably know, when you have unread messages froma person, that persons name gets highlighted, so that you know to go and have a look under his name for unread messages. When you flag a message that you have already read to come back to later the persons name is not highligted, only when you set it to "Mark as Unread" will the name be highlighted. Is there a way that you can configure Outlook to highlight the persons name if there are flagged messages under his name. Many Thanks Andr...

Flagged messages
Is there a way to mark certain messages (for instance - messages have been marked with a flag for followup) Do not Archive - when the autoarchive option has been selected? Thank you. If you open the message go to File > Properties > checkbox at bottom of dialogue "Rita" <rpdavis@nuclearfuelservices.com> wrote in message news:000101c3602f$1e537060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to mark certain messages (for instance - > messages have been marked with a flag for followup) Do not > Archive - when the autoarchive option has been selected? > > Tha...

Flagged message in DRAFTS folder is automatically "complete"
I'm trying to flag messages in my Outlook 2003 Drafts folder aso they show up in "For Follow Up" and I remember to complete them. Unfortuantely the flag is automatically set to complete and cannot be changed in the right click menu Igrayed out). Does anyone have a solution for this? Hmmm... It works here. Are you using a pst or Exchange account? Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:...

flagged items
How do I view all items (e-mails and contacts) which are flagged on my outlook today page? Thanx. ...

Flagged Items and AutoArchive
Outlook 2007 I have noticed recently that flagged items seem to cause an issue with the AutoArchive feature. It seems that when an item is flagged, or had been flagged and is now marked as completed, that the item will not get archived. At the bottom of each of my folders that are set to automatically archive there is a collection of older items. Today, for example, there were about a dozen messages that should have been archived out of my Inbox, but it looks like the archiving process stopped when it hit an item that was marked as completed. I can see why you would not want flagged...

Show tasks due, meetings to go to, and flagged messages in one window?
Outlook 2002. I'd like to create that shows all the things I have to be concerned about today, which includes: - appointments - tasks that are due - email messages flagged for follow-up - contacts flagged for follow-up I don't want to drag items to other folders (such as the tasks folder) because this creates static items which are not linked to the original item, and hence don't reflect what's really going on. I've spent some time on Slipstick, but haven't found anything. (Although I've found a few programs that do this for the Palm). Any one have further sugg...

Email Flagged as READ
I have two Outlook 2003 users that have their email marked as read ALL the time. The message is delivered unread, but then changes to read after an amount of time that doesn't seem consistent. I've gone through all the client settings and have removed any option that could possibly change the "read" status. I've even set up an entire new machine...still the same...emails are always flagged "read". It doens't matter whether or not these users log in to OWA or Outlook or any public machine...still the same. I'm not having this problem with any other...

Flagged emails in Exchange do not remind when due
I have flagged various emails on our exchange server and the emails never remind me at the specified time/date. The only thing they do is turn red, but don't visually remind me when they are due. Please help. This is Office 2003 on a TabletXP. Thanks Is your Exchange mailbox your default mail delivery location, or does your mail get delivered to a .PST file? Reminders will only fire from certain folders in the default mail store. You'd need a 3rd party app to extend that functionality to other folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail addres...

Mail views: "flagged" turns yellow
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In the Mail Views, the flagged mail view appears in a yellow colour although no the items in the flagged category have been given the yellow colour. How to put category of &quot;flagged&quot; to none? On 2/1/10 11:33 PM, in article 59bb215f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Ellimac@officeformac.com" <Ellimac@officeformac.com> wrote: > In the Mail Views, the flagged mail view appears in a yellow colour although > no the items in the flagged category have been given th...

Followup Flagged items in the Deleted Items Folder
Outlook 2007 has a nice feature that allows follow-up flagged emails appear in the Task list pane. However, I don't like my inbox to be cluttered up with items. So I delete the emails and later may follow up. However, when I delete the email, the email no longer appears in my Task list. Is there an option that can change this? How do I delete an email (obviously not permanently) and still be able to see it in the Task List. Cheers The Deleted Items folder is not a holding place - it is the garbage bin. = If you want to keep items for later follow-up, create a folder called = &qu...