When I use macrons (e.g. M&amp;#257;ori) in emails, the come up as question marks (?) at the other end if the user is on a PC.  <br><br>Macrons translate fine between PC and Mac when using WORD, the problem is only with Entourage. Is there a setting I migh missing?  Any chance this issue could be resolved with Office 2008?
0
Dyanna

On 2010-01-12 03:39:00 -0500, Dyanna@officeformac.com said:

> When I use macrons (e.g. M&#257;ori) in emails, the come up as question
> marks (?) at the other end if the user is on a PC.

 This typically is an encoding issue. At this point, it could be that
Entourage is not using the proper encoding method (you can change that
manually) or that the client software for the recipient doesn’t decode
properly.
At this point it’s hard to tell...

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
 Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire

0
utf
1/12/2010 3:08:54 PM
Hi there, thanks for the response to my question re: macrons. Any chance you could explain how to change encoding methods manually? Cheers, Dyanna
0
Dyanna
1/14/2010 8:37:28 PM
On 2010-01-14 15:37:28 -0500, Dyanna@officeformac.com said:

> Hi there, thanks for the response to my question re: macrons. Any
> chance you could explain how to change encoding methods manually?
> Cheers, Dyanna

 It’s in Format > Character set.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
 Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire

0
utf
1/14/2010 8:51:08 PM

"Corentin Cras-Méneur" wrote:

> On 2010-01-14 15:37:28 -0500, Dyanna@officeformac.com said:
>
> > Hi there, thanks for the response to my question re: macrons. Any
> > chance you could explain how to change encoding methods manually?
> > Cheers, Dyanna
>
>  It’s in Format > Character set.
>
> Corentin
>

> --
>           --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
>        http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>     MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
>  Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'écrire

I have the same problem.  Not sure when in character set which setting to
use.  I have  Māori and an Australian keyboard activated in Mac.  hte
Characoer set is on automatic.  What should I change it to?
I changed from automatic to Unicode (bottom of the list) and messages with macrons all fine.  I have yet to figure out how to change to Unicode as preference for all messages - at the moment I am selecting unicode on each individual message. cheers, Dyanna
0
Dyanna
2/8/2010 3:04:56 AM
Thanks Dyanna.  I have unicode utf 7 and unicode utf - 8 on my mac. <br>
Is any one better than the other?
0
Tainui_Tony

office for mac test drive wrong language
i recently purchased a new Mac and it came with a office test drive. i would like to try it but when i click to install the user agrement is in a foreign language so i did not accept is there anyway to switch this to english? can i remove the test drive and download it from the website? thanks for any help Matt ...

Mac
Is there a version of Publisher for the MacBookPro? No, unless you want to run some sort of Windows emulator on your Mac. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Carolyn Shadle" <Carolyn Shadle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4B0B40A-F704-42CB-BBA2-677BE89D0AF8@microsoft.com... > Is there a version of Publisher for the MacBookPro? ...

How to move or copy pc-outlook contacts to Mac Entourage
How to move or copy pc-outlook contacts to Mac Entourage Not sure what formats Entourage can import in but there's some good info on these pages: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/import_export/index.html http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html#pst "Szven Persszon" <szvenpersszon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C4C9D6B7.2C29%szvenpersszon@hotmail.com... > How to move or copy pc-outlook contacts to Mac Entourage Szven Persszon <szvenpersszon@hotmail.com> wrote: > How to move or copy pc-outlook contacts to Mac Entourage See if this help...

My Word Document is formated wrong on a PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I went for a job interview the other day and when I looked at the Resume they had printed out the formatting was off. The spacing between the sentences were ok but the type that should of been on the second was half way down the second page. I took my original PC word doc. and opened it up and the Mac and it's the same way only it backwards most the type that should of been on the second page most of it was on the first page. I even made the PC word doc a .rtf file but it's still wrong and I can't se...

Excel PC to Excel Mac
How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the same when opened in Excel on a MAC? -- Keith Dore KDore@AIC wrote: > How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the > same when opened in Excel on a MAC? When you save the spreadsheet on a MAC, make sure you have the extensions turned on (*.xls). This way, when you open the file in Windows, Excel will be able to read the file because it looks for the extension. The *file* formats for MacXL 98, 01, v.X and 04 are absolutely identical to WinXL 97, 00, 02, and 03. For *display*...

Office 2004 creates problems with Mac Mail
I installed Office 2004 on a Mac G4 running O/S 10.3.5. I did not install Entourage. I installed Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Messenger. As soon as I installed Office 2004 I started having problems with Mac Mail. When I receive an e-mail from someone, I have no problem reading it. However when I hit reply and the window comes up to type my reply around the incoming message, the incoming message has turned to total gobbleygook. It is still in regular characters but they make no sense. Additionally, when I get incoming e-mail, my Mac Mail icon in the dock has a superscript that shows how many...

How to convert MKV to iPad on Mac
I got some good MKV files, now I want to put them on my iPad then I can watch them anywhere. Well, I know I can watch .mkv files with the VLC Media player, but seems iPad doesn&#8216;t support .mkv playback, so I'm busy in finding an ipad video converter to convert MKV to iPad MP4 or a similar format. It's really an arduous job to find one tool that easy to use and not costly but can service for my conversion. Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a MKV to iPad video converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the freetrial and found it's very easy to...

Is their Microsoft outlook 2002 for Mac?
Was there a MS outlook 2002 for Mac ever released? No - the last version of Outlook for Mac was 2001. Entourage is now the Outlook client in Mac Office. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Alex asked: | Was there a MS outlook 2002 for Mac ever released? ...

analysis toolpak for mac excel v.x
Excel v.x for Mac doesn't have the Analysis ToolPak installed, or even available in the Add-Ins option under the Tools menu (at least, my copy doesn't). Does anyone know where I can download it? I've tried looking thru microsoft.com and mactopia.com, but I haven't found it. If anyone knows how I can get it and install it onto Mac Excel v.x, let me know! It's in the Value Pak folder on your install disk. You can run the Value Pak installer, or just drag it to your add-ins folder. In article <1109711285.939493.68350@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "smreed49&q...

MS Office 2008 Mac -- how to unregister?
I purchased the Student/Teacher edition but it's not going to work for me due to the Excel performance. I'm going to sell it but I want to make sure I unregister the license I'm using so that the next buyer will get the full package. If I go through the "Remove Office" process under Additional Tools, will that deregister the license, or do I need to do something else? Thanks, Jeff Hi Jeff: If you use Remove Office, that will be fine. You can then delete the Microsoft Office 2008 folder. The licence key will remain on the machine, but it won't be in use. BTW: P...

How do I convert Quicken for Mac export file to Money?
Does anyone have any experience with converting a Quicken Mac data file to Money? We made the switch from Money to Quicken for Mac a couple years ago when we bought our first Mac, and now that we have a Mac that will run Parallels efficiently we're ready to switch back to using Money - we've been very disappointed with the Mac version of Quicken. Money seems to provide the functionality to convert a Quicken for Windows export file (.qdf) but not the Quicken for Mac export file (.qdfm). I've searched the web for some ideas on how to accomplish this, but everything I've fo...

After having downloaded the trial version of Office 2008 mac
Version: 2008 HELP! - I just downloaded the office 2008 trial package, but after having sucessfully installed it, it askes me to register - but i't won't let me register - it just keeps loading, nothing happens! PLease please help me, i'm getting really frustrated! Registering is totally unnecessary � just cancel the Registration. All it does is get you on the email list :-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 6/21/09 8:00 AM, in article 59b76f07.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Tamsin@officeformac.com" <Tamsin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

Office for Mac 2008 and 2004
Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for the Mac is compatible with Access? Gail@officeformac.com <Gail@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for > the Mac is compatible with Access? Microsoft was rather late to the game with Access. By the time they developed it for Windows, FileMaker was so well-entrenched in the Mac market that Microsoft decided not to try and compete. So to answer your question: look into FileMaker Pro. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Fi...

Paste Picture from Scrapbook, Office 2004 for Mac
I need to be able to paste complex figures I've created over the years in Excel (charts showing data, plus custom legends and labels I cobbled together) into Word documents, on a Mac. In v.X, the following procedure worked fine: Mark an area, then Shift-Command-C, then "As appears on screen", then Paste into the destination document. I just moved to Office 2004 for Mac, and have figured out that I now need to go through the Scrapbook. Fine. I now Mark an area, Add the marked area to the Scrapbook, then Paste as Picture from the Scrapbook into Word (or Powerpoint, or elsewhere...

How to Play and Burn Vuze Video to DVD on Mac
What is Vuze Vuze, also known as Azureus, it is open source software based on the Azureus bittorrent application. Vuze can be used to download movies, videos, and music or be used as a bittorrent client like Utorrent to download torrent files. Therefore, there could be many different formats of the downloaded Vuze movies like AVI, MKV, RMVB, MP4, etc. Vuze supports both PC and Mac OS X users, if you are Mac user, you can Free Download the Latest Mac OS Vuze OS X Package While QuickTime files could not be played directly on DVD player, it is a good idea to convert QuickTime files and burn the...

creating a macron
Using Word 2003. The macron (long i) is not available in the font I want to use. Is there a way to create it by typing the letter and then placing the diacritical mark over that letter. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CombineCharacters.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sanukgray" <Sanukgray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C59C6F3C-9D3A-4E13-BF00-ED54FA363B9A@microsoft.com... > Using Word 2003. The macron (long i) is not available in the font I want &g...

Microsoft Office for MAC #2
I have just fully installed all of the Microsoft Office components on a MacBook Pro. Can anyone tell me how to delect some components,e.g. French dictionary, etc. Thanks The only reason I can think of to do so would be to free up disk space. The savings won't be that great & the potential for problems far exceeds any gain. If space is a serious issue there is probably plenty of other "stuff" that can be safely removed or archived elsewhere rather than picking apart an integrated suite of software :) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "hmoody@highlands....

Re: MAC Office 2004 Updater Issues
On 2/18/08 5:39 PM, in article 278E75B7-F59D-4DC4-A4CB-0F552F19C37F@microsoft.com, "Brian Ploppert" <BrianPloppert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >> I appreciate the response and I already knew location of updates. I am having >> issues updating with either auto updater and then tried 11.3.5 updater >> multiple times receive "current installer could not locate the correct >> version of software required to install this update. Not sure what causes this error. I hate to advise this, but use "Remove Office" then install from the CD and ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

How do you insert macrons?
I am doing school homework for Maori class and need to insert macrons in Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Insert, symbol. This is alt+0228 �. Look at your character map. It is in your accessory folder in the start menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SomeoneWhoNeedsIt" <SomeoneWhoNeedsIt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEFA3074-0C32-491F-946F-01DE76441DF2@microsoft.com... >I am doing school homework for Maori class and need to insert macrons in > Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 ...

Powerpoint Mac problem
Hello. I have a 2.5gHz MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8. I recently attempted to use PowerPoint for the first time on this machine and all of my templates (including the default templates) and notes pages display in Greek (the language, not letter size). I've gone through all of my preference/property settings, made sure the default language was English...not sure what else I can do. If I create new text on the page myself I can plug in an acceptable font, but it defeats the purpose of using PPT for me then. I'd like to use the templates. Any suggestions are welcome. T...

Printing from a MAC
I work at a copier company and I am trying to help one of my clients with printing from their mac machine. They are able to print perfect, however, they want to print in black and white but, they keep having words come out in black and white and PDF pictures come out in color. They are choosing to print in Black and white but, this always happens. Do you think it is the publisher program or the connection with the copier? Please help ASAP. thank you. Alybg wrote: > I work at a copier company and I am trying to help one of my clients > with printing from their mac machine. They ar...

New version of Office for Mac
Good Day, Does anyone know appriximately when a new version (After Office 2004 for Mac) of Microsoft Office for the Mac is expected to be released? Thank you, Paul In article <1181922568.956869.182660@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, PaulPrass@idpcreative.com wrote: > Good Day, > > Does anyone know appriximately when a new version (After Office 2004 > for Mac) of Microsoft Office for the Mac is expected to be released? "Scheduled to be available in the second half of 2007" http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/jan07/01-09MacworldPR.mspx Approxim...

Map Point and Mac
I use a vehicle tracking system that displays maps and they recently switched to Microsoft MapPoint to display maps. The problem is that NONE of the web browsers (Safari, Firefox, Camino, Opera, etc.) on my Mac will display the maps. The vendor is catering to Windoze users and won't make any changes on their end. Is there anything I can do on my end to display these maps? On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:19:51 -0400, scott-pwfb wrote: > > I use a vehicle tracking system Who, if I might ask? scott-pwfb wrote: > I use a vehicle tracking system that displays maps and they recently &g...