--B_3343715056_17896560

I�m not an Excel guy, but I think the F2 function you�re looking for is
ctrl-U in the Mac version of Excel.

On 2009-12-14 16.09, in article 59baeffa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ak990@officeformac.com" <Ak990@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client:
> imap I'm a long time PC user that just switched to Mac and am using MS Office
> for the Mac.  The excel view is quite different.  Is there any way to quickly
> change the entire default view to the default view of MS excel for PCs?  For
> example the short-cut keys of F2 and F4 don't work.  Also, there is no bar
> that lets me view cell formulas when a cell is highlighted.
>
> Thanks

--B_3343715056_17896560

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Mac excel to PC excel</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>I&#8217;m not an Excel guy,=
 but I think the F2 function you&#8217;re looking for is ctrl-U in the Mac v=
ersion of Excel.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 2009-12-14 16.09, in article <a href=3D"59baeffa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac=
0">59baeffa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"Ak990@officeforma=
c.com">Ak990@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"Ak990@officeformac.com"=
>Ak990@officeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10pt'>V=
ersion: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: im=
ap I'm a long time PC user that just switched to Mac and am using MS Office =
for the Mac. &nbsp;The excel view is quite different. &nbsp;Is there any way=
 to quickly change the entire default view to the default view of MS excel f=
or PCs? &nbsp;For example the short-cut keys of F2 and F4 don't work. &nbsp;=
Also, there is no bar that lets me view cell formulas when a cell is highlig=
hted. <BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3343715056_17896560--

0
Bergstrom
12/15/2009 8:44:15 AM
Hello,

On 2009.12.15 0:09, in article 59baeffa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Ak990@officeformac.com" <Ak990@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I'm a long time PC user that just switched to Mac and am using MS Office for
> the Mac.  The excel view is quite different.  Is there any way to quickly
> change the entire default view to the default view of MS excel for PCs?  For
> example the short-cut keys of F2 and F4 don't work.  Also, there is no bar
> that lets me view cell formulas when a cell is highlighted.

You're posting to the Entourage for Mac group.
But no matter.

The default view in Excel 2008 is changed in Excel - Preferences -
View, "Preferred view for new sheets".

You already received your answer on F2 (Control+U).
(Who woulda thought, eh.)
I've also written about a few other keyboard shortcuts here:
http://blog.jchap.net/?p=111

As for the F4 equivalent on Excel 2008:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=excel+mac+keyboard+shortcut+F4

You can find more keyboard shortcuts in the Excel
help contents.

With Excel, in general you're able to customize the keyboard shortcut
for most functions and commands from the Tools - Customize Keyboard
command. Have a look.

Jeff

0
Jeff

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

Excel formulas #9
I need a formula to compute a final grade for a class when there are assignments missing. I also need to figure out what my target grade is using goalseek?? I need an if formula that displays TRUE if you are currently passing your class and FALSE if you are not. Any help would be appreciated. To help you we would probably need a bit more information from you - 1)how will you calculate the final grade? (EG Average of Assignments 1-10) 2)What grade/percentage dertines the pass grade Kind regards Paul Falla >-----Original Message----- >I need a formula to compute a final grade for ...

Opening 2007 Excel files in 2003
I have installed the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats (FileFormatConverters.exe). Yet when I attempt to open a 2007 in 2003 it does not open. I get an error stating the ‘file is in an unrecognisable format, but no other message". Any ideas what to do when the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack does not work> Many thanks. Chris Hi, one thing you can do is to save the Excel 2007 file with the extension .html and open this new html file with Excel 2003. "Jedi" <Jedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Switch to Mac?!
Dear all! I am seriously contemplating switching to Apple.... I usually hear screams of horror at this point, but given this is a Mac forum !... I have long been a Microsoft addict. I have the SPV phone, a Dell Axim, I have 3 pc desktops, 3 laptops- all running some form of Windows. I am even a Microsoft beta tester. BUT, I am sick of it. I want a change. One of my primary concerns about the switch is Office. I love office 2003 for the pc- BUT error messages are constant and outlook keeps crashing. I've looked on the Microsoft mactopia website and it all looks very good but of course...

Web to Excel
Hi, Is there a way (standard or 3rd party) to have in a cell =getWeb("somewebsite.com") and have the html from that page appear in the cell? Thank you. Bura Not that I know of. But you can do File|Open and point at: http://somewebsite.com And depending on what that page is, you might be able to open it just like a ..xls file. And there's an option under: Data|Import External Data|New Web Query that can limit what you want to return. (The option changed names between different versions of excel, but I think they're similar. I used the wording from xl2002.) Bur...

title bar problem in Excel 2007
Sometimes when I start Excel for the first time after starting the PC, the title bar is overlaid with the status bar that would normally appear at the bottom of Excel, so I don't get to see the round Office button, and I see the zoom facility at the top, not the bottom, and the workspace is empty - no default empty spreadsheet. If I close Excel (by right clicking on the taskbar because there is X button to be seen) and then start it up, it then starts up fine. Excel was installed as part of Office 2007 SBE, running on Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Is this a known problem? I've not be...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #3
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Outlook 2003 locks PC without using CPU resources
Outlook 2003, Win XP Pro, Cisco VPN connection over cable. This problem started a month or so ago. It does not occur with my laptop using the same software and connections, so I don't think it's a problem at the Exchange server. After Outlooks starts up the first time and downloads mail, the first time I try to open a message, my whole machine stalls or locks up. It can take up to 5 minutes before it resumes normal operation. Then I can read messages just fine. If I disconnect my vpn connection, as I must periodically, on reconnecting I sometimes get the lockup, sometimes not. When t...

Cannot open excel 2003 spreadsheet using excel 2007
Please Help!!! I have created some spreadsheets using excel 2003 but I cannot open them in 2007. Yes, the spreadsheets have formulas, calculations, links and some charts too (the size of the spreadsheet is about 58,569 KG). I have tried everything and nothing works. When the spreadsheet does open it is all missed up and missing formulas, calculations and all of the formatting. Does the size of the files have anything to do with me not able to open them? Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466...

Office for Mac apps "unexpectedly quit"
I am running Office X for Mac (2001 version) on my Powerbook G4 with OS X Tiger 10.4.11 I have never had any problems using my office suite until yesterday when I tried to open Word by clicking on the Word Icon in my Dock. It started to open and then a window came up saying "word has unexpectedly quit." I tried numerous times and each time got the same message. This also happens if I try to open Excel or Powerpoint. Interestingly, if I double click on an existing word, powerpoint or excel document the program opens with no problem. It just won't open by double clicking on the ap...

Excel Macro-enabled Worksheet
I've created some Macro/VBA code and added it to the personal.xlsb file located in the XLStart directory. When I insert an Excel Macro-Enabled Worksheet into a Powerpoint slide the macros are not available to that worksheet. This was working on a previous workstation, same OS and vs. of Office, but I cannot seem to get this to work now. Does anyone know how to extend these macros to Powerpoint when inserting a macro-enabled worksheet? Thanks. ...

Excel Macro Problem
I have an excel file taht cannot be open on a computer with WinXp Os and Excel 97 SR2 while enable its macro. However, I can open this file on other computers with the same OS and Excel ver. Also I have reported this problem to Microsoft. Where could I check the reply of Microsoft? Please tell me why this problem occur. Thanks. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tyler <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have an excel file taht cannot be open on a computer > with WinXp Os and Excel 97 SR2 while enable its macro. > However,...

Using Excel to Get Information Online?
I think I remember seeing somewhere that it was possible to have Excel take information from a website and display it in the cells. I believe I heard that it was possible to automatically have it do this at certain time intervals. How would I go about doing this or find related information? -- Losse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24813 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389715 Try: Data - Import External Data - New Web Query From...

Upgrade Mac MSO v.X To Mac MSO 2004 To Mac MSO 2008
I own a G4 iMac 15-inch which runs 10.4.11. I plan to purchase an Intel iMac 24-inch soon. I am a registered user of MSO v.X. I wish to purchase the MSO 2004 upgrade at the discounted upgrade price which often sells for $203.99. Then I wish to upgrade MSO 2004 to MSO 2008 for the $6.99 upgrade price. Does my MSO v.X version qualify for the MSO 2004 upgrade price? Will the MSO 2004 installer recognize my MSO v.X installation as a qualifying upgradeable package? Is my MSO v.X to MSO 2008 upgrade path legitimate? On a sidebar, I plan to perform a fresh installation of MSO 2008 on the Inte...

date format in Excel #3
Hi All, What a wonderful mine of information this group is!!! Required daily reading to me. Thanks for the great contributions. Although I have managed to format a cell date (Excel in Office Pro 2000) with the "day" (e.g. "Friday" - as in dddd, dd mmm yyyy), I am stumped when it comes to putting a "th" or "nd" or "rd" (as in 1st/2nd/3rd etc...) Any ideas? TIA -- mac Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/ordinal.htm In article <085A749B-889A-410F-B022-393684155179@microsoft.com>, "mac@bath" <barrydotjdotm...

FRx
I am designing a variance analysis report that should retrieve data from both GP and Excel. The "Actual" values shall come from GP while the Budget and Forecast data shall come from Excel. This is straightforward using the "Separate Method" and having 2 WKS columns in the Colum layout. However, I also have one department where the "Actual" would also come from a spreadsheet. The values should be reported in the same column as for the data coming from GP. For the latter, I've set the type as GL in the colum layout. I am not sure how to read ...

Excel addon for Mac
For my marketing college class I had to buy a textbook that comes with Excel addon software. However, the software is Windows only. I own a Mac with office, Excel included. Does anyone know if there if a copy of the software for Macs? Textbook: Basic Marketing Research: Using Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Software: XL Data Analyst OS: Mac OS X 10.4.4 Office: Mac office 2004 Teacher/Student Edition I have also contacted the publisher of the book and they said they could not find a Mac version of the addon. A search of google leads to http://xldataanalyst.com/Basic/ -- Regards, Tush...

Sort bug on Excel 2007
On Excel 2003 it works perfectly, on Excel 2007 I have error 1004 "sort method of range class failed". Sub SortSalary(CellToSort As String, SortRange1 As String) Sheets(1).Range(SortRange1).Sort Key1:=Range(CellToSort), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes End if Is it a bug on Excel 2007? I made a typo when copying the code is "End Sub". "Francisco" wrote: > On Excel 2003 it works perfectly, on Excel 2007 I have error 1004 "sort > method of range class failed". > > > Sub SortSalary(CellToSort As Strin...

Pocket Excel
I have a reasonably complicated excel quoting document that contains various formulae. Is there anyway I can check to see if it will work on Excel Pocket (PPC 2003) before I go out and buy a PDA. This will be it's primary function. Is there some kind of emulator or reduced down version of Excel I can use? Hi, The PocketPC 2003 SDK is available to download from MS, I'm not sure, but I was told (by someone I can't remember), that it may have the PPC2003 emulator in it. If so, you should be able to use that. You may also need to download ActiveSync 3.7 to be able to upload...

Excel Security Update KB973593
I am running a 64 Bit version of Vista Home Premium and Office Home and Student 2007. The office update KB973593 has been trying to install itself since October 2009 and I am finally tiring of it failing every night. The error code is 80070652. Otherwise Excel runs fine. I have the same problem with these other updates: KB973704, KB976416, KB974561 I have a Dell Studio 540S with 4GB of ram and plenty of diskspace. Word and Powerpoint work fine as well. Any thoughts? -- Todd Sorensen hi see this site http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeinstall/thr...

comparison similar rows in Excel
Hello, How (with Excel) I could compare rows with equal contents ? For example: row A: 1 1 1 row B: 1 0 0 row C: 1 1 1 row D: 1 0 0 row E: 0 0 0 attention: every value in row is in seperate column ! I'd like to create formula which for above exampel indicates: row A is equal to row C, row B = row D. Row D in the above exampel hasn't similiar row. In my work I have combination a few dozen rows and I must search out rows with equal contents in columns. However purpose of my work is analogous to above exampel. My work differ from the exampel number of the columns (in my 5,...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- 08/22/2007 Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10 X86 08/14/2007 Adobe CS3 Master Collection MAC OSX UB D1 .DVD 08/09/2007 Digidesign Pro Tools V7.3 LE MAC OSX 05/11/2007 Altiverb 5.1 .MAC. .PPC. OSX 04/26/2007 VTC Macromedia D...

Excel 2003 Accountibility
I am in need of some experts to guide me in my spreadsheet. I am trying to put an accountibility sheet together and I would like to do this. I have a subject in A1 cell. that is constant. And I have given B1 a constant value. Now In cells C1-H1 I will be inserting a daily count. What I would like to do is put in the count yet I would like for It to total in the cell automaticly. Example. B1=3 and I insert a 5 in C1 and I would like to have it say 15 and in D1 I insert a 3 and I would like for it to say 9. Now At the end of the range of A1-H1 it doesn't have a total. I do not intend ...

FRx catalog print in Excel format
We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog of Reports in Excel format. I've not seen where we can but to make sure, can we? -- Sandy GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst If you can print to an Adobe pdf you can get it into Excel. After it is a pdf document you can copy/paste it into Excel. It works well for the summary catalog report but not the detail. the detail report wants to print each catalog on a separate page. "GP Guy in AZ" wrote: > We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog > o...

Excel quirk?
In Excel 2002, typing the letter "a" by default capitalizes within the middle of the sentence. How do I correct this without having it being effected if used at the beginning of a sentence? You probably have an autocorrect entry. Check Tools | AutoCorrect Options... Also, I didn't know XL had the built-in capability of upcasing the first letter of a sentence. ;-) -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <02c901c3dec9$f63d6f80$a301280a@phx.gbl>,...