Location of Entourage Actions for autometer

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Where are they? How to install the library? <br>
Thanks
0
nealt

--B_3342962954_809482

On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Where are they? How to install the library?

They are installed when you install Office, but they are not available for
the Home & Student version.

/Library/Automator/

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

--B_3342962954_809482

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Location of Entourage Actions for autometer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>On 12/6=
/09 2:18 PM, in article <a href=3D"59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bae4=
db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"nealt@officeformac.com">ne=
alt@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"nealt@officeformac.com">nealt@of=
ficeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYL=
E=3D'font-size:11pt'>Where are they? How to install the library? <BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STY=
LE=3D'font-size:11pt'><BR>
They are installed when you install Office, but they are not available for =
the Home &amp; Student version.<BR>
<BR>
/Library/Automator/<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>www.entour=
age.mvps.org/&gt;<BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.m=
vps.org/&gt;<BR>
YouTalk &lt;<a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy">http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy</=
a>&gt; &lt;-- Entourage mailing list<BR>
Twitter: follow &lt;<a href=3D"http://twitter.com/entouragehelp">http://twitt=
er.com/entouragehelp</a>&gt;<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3342962954_809482--

0
Diane
12/7/2009 12:49:13 AM
Is there any way to purchase them short of buying the full version.
0
nealt
12/7/2009 5:24:32 PM
They are not available for purchase anywhere, so the only legal way of
getting them is to buy the Business Edition (or the Standard or Special
Media Edition; you might be able to find them at a low price on websites
such as eBay).

On 07/12/09 18:24, in article 59bae4db.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to purchase them short of buying the full version.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
Michel
12/7/2009 6:16:41 PM
I looked at these Automator commands for Entourage and they are that
great to be honest. I looked at them to see if it was worth buying the
upgraded product but to do that you have to buy the whole product. You
get no discount if you have the Home And Student edition.

Just a couple of thoughts. Check out Quickeys v4. It is extremely
powerful and can automate virtually any task on your computer and
anything in Entourage. I've used it for years. Its way more powerful
than Automator so if you need to go beyond Automator Quickeys is
pretty well the only way to go unless you want to start writing
Applescripts. Also, a very cool feature of Quickeys is that it will
run Automator and Applescript functions on its own or within a
Quickeys action. So if you need either of the above to run at a
certain time or in conjunction with a certain event Quickeys does that.

Secondly, Entourage is fully Applescriptable. The only problem I have
with this is that even though Applescript is one of the easiest
programming languages, its still a programming language and takes a
fair investment of time to learn and then write the scripts you want
your Mac to Automate. Quickeys, once you get onto it, is very easy to
Automate stuff. I have at least a couple hundred Quickens of which a
couple dozen I use all the time. I couldn't live without this as I
have so many things automated. I'd check it out as to buy Office just
to get the Automator routines is way not worth it. Its only worth it
if you need to connect to an exchange environment and since it sounds
like you don't I'd forgo it. I just saw nothing in those Automator
routines included with Entourage that impressed me that much. If they
were there in my edition I'd use them in conjuction with Quickeys but
they're not so I have Quickeys automate tons of stuff in Entourage.
Quickeys can also be very granular in the way it works so you can
scope an action to work in Entourage only and even subscope an action
to work only in a certain area of Entourage and not others.
0
Kerry
12/8/2009 3:34:15 PM
I can do programming and in fact am learning applescript. Is entourage listed in the Applescript dictionary?
0
nealt
12/10/2009 5:06:09 PM

ne...@officeformac.com wrote:
> I can do programming and in fact am learning applescript. Is entourage
> listed in the Applescript dictionary?

Yes. It's fully Applescriptable.
0
Kerry
12/11/2009 4:01:40 PM
On 12/11/09 8:01 AM, in article
b58a900c-1d3e-480c-8176-ba68f11e452a@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com, "Kerry"
<kerry@fastmail.net> wrote:

>> I can do programming and in fact am learning applescript. Is entourage
>> listed in the Applescript dictionary?
>
> Yes. It's fully Applescriptable.

I suggest you join the AppleScript-Users mailing list
(applescript-users@lists.apple.com)

Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Customizing Stage and Status Reason and other "Action" items
When an active opportunity is open and you choose the action menu, one of the choices is to change the stage and another is to close an opportuinity. However the picklist associated with these tasks are not what we need. How do you modify these picklists? I know how to modify a picklist on items on the default opportunities form. I know accounts and contacts, etc have "actions" also that I may want to customize. I need to know where in the customizations, I can alter the "actions" items schema, etc. thansk in advance, Kim You can't using the system customization...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

inserting a single address from entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do you insert a single address from entourage into a word document. <br> (not a mail merge issue) <br> When I select a name, it only puts the name and Unite States of AMerica in the address part. It is very frustrating to write letters and have to type in the address each time. This use to be a snap using Word and Outlook on a PC.. Any thoughts? Well, someone might have a better idea why you aren't getting the results you expect if you gave some description of how you're going abo...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

How to locate differences between two sheets/ranges?
Well, here's my problem: each day here at work I receive a file with updated info on specific data. Form is always the same -specific number of columns with the same type of data, only the number of rows may change. However, every day I have to go through the data to see what has been changed and/or what has been added/dropped. Is there any way to do this easily? Kind regards Th Hi Have a look here for some ideas. I'm sure one of them will suit: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Andy. "Gryzor" <Gryzor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Locating a Table object
I am having a problem with the following code: Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentData For Each obj In dbs.AllTables If obj.IsLoaded = True Then If TblObj.Name = strHoldTableName Then MsgBox "Another user is viewing this record" intBeingViewed = 1 Exit For End If End If Next obj This code is intended to check if a table with the (string) name strHoldTableName exists, but it's not working. Am I missing a reference, or is there another set of cod...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...

relative file path location
Hi all, I am using Excel XP on a network at my work place, my problem is that if I have two excel workbooks, one of which links to the other. Now if I have the both files open the link "file path" is straight forward, however if one files is shut the link obviously contains the full file path location. open = file name / cell closed = file path / file name / cell My problem is that I would like to email both of the files but I understand that if this is outside of my company the file location link will no longer work, is there a way to create a "relative file path lo...

Quick Camaign (marketinglist)
Hello. If we create one quick campaign email action with a marketinglist over visual studio it create automaticly threefold mail actions. And alsow the mail activity is not send. If we create this by hand everything works fine. We have install rollup 2. Thanks fpr any help. Rene ...

Could not install custom actions. The object could not be found.
How do I easily fix this Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:168E404F-B740-4DEB-9F5A-83D3E1BA2DB9@microsoft.com... > How do I easily fix this > ...

Excel+Word 10.1.5 toolbar icons: no Entourage-like interp?
In Entourage X, if I point the mouse at an icon in a toolbar and pause, a few words appear that interpret what the tool is or does. But if I try to do the same in Excel 10.1.5 or Word 10.1.5, I see nothing. Is there something one can see while working in either Word or Excel, that makes clear what the default toolbar icons do? Or is there a chart that one can print showing the default toolbar icons with one or couple-word interpretations? In article <BBEE3443.E6E5%nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu>, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu> wrote: > ...

cursor location
Using Word 2007. When I first click on Word the blank page comes up with the cursor in the top center of the page. Why is this, and how can I make it appear on the left margin to begin a document? thanks Probably you have centered alignment applied to the empty paragraph mark in the Normal.dotm template. With the cursor in that empty paragraph, right-click and choose Paragraph to open the dialog. Change the alignment to Left, click the Default button at the bottom of the dialog, and confirm the change. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for a couple o...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #6
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Entourage #6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I upgraded the operating system on my Mac to Snow Leopard (I had the latest updated version of the previous software) and while I do not have the problem of not being able to open any Office 2008 applications (as i have read others have experienced) I have found that my Search function in Entourage is not working at all and I wondered if anyone else had had experience with this problem. My emails connect through MS 2003 Exchange Server. Go to Entourage>Preferences, Spotlight, and click on the Rebuild button. You shou...

i am having trouble locating my server
i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think you're in Australia. See if the article here helps: http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78072F02-9CAE-485E-A9B8-03E297727716@microsoft.com... >i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a >server ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #5
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #4
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Locating files
I need to reinstall Outlook XP and want to back up my calendar, tasks etc. Does anyone know where I will find these files on my hard drive please? Thanks in advance Frank >-----Original Message----- >I need to reinstall Outlook XP and want to back up my calendar, tasks etc. >Does anyone know where I will find these files on my hard drive please? > >Thanks in advance >Frank > > >. >Do it manually and put exported files where you want them: File Menu Import Export Export to a File Choose folders, name accordingly (or address book(s)). Then go get 'em, wh...