Incorrect Inbox total in Entourage compared to Exchange

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

We have a user that every time Entourage crashes (at least once a week), a block of email will disappear.  Whether it be from the in-box or sent items, etc.  His archive averages 14 gig.  Understanding that is an incredibly high number.  After completely removing 08 and reinstalling clean, trying to move some email back up to the server.  Not all emails are reaching the exchange server.  Sometimes even one email alone will not make it.  There is now a discrepancy between the total amount of emails on the server and what is in his Entourage client.  Any ideas?
0
j9kremzar

Exchange 2003
exchange 5.5 admin allowed the mass deletion of certain mail from mailboxes with the CleanUp feature - anyone know of a similar function or add-on tool for 2003? -- Thanks in advance. Colin Hi Colin, So are you looking at deleting or generating reports for messages in certain folders which are older or larger than a certain size, if so you can use Mailbox manager. It is configured under recipient policies. Here are the instructions on how to delete items from inbox which are older than a defined age: Open Exchange System Manager, Recipients --> Recipient Policies right click a...

Exchange documentation contradiction
Hi all, In the MSExchange blog here http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/02/429053.aspx they very clearly say that the RUS is gone. Yet in article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=931328 referenced in the Rollup 3 fixes, they clearly DO talk about a RUS. Please, does the RUS exist or not in Exchange 2007? Thanks -- Tim. On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:17:55 -0400, "Tim Munro" <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote: >Hi all, > In the MSExchange blog here >http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/02/429053.aspx they very clearly >say...

PivotTable sort on field *not* total
I have a PivotTable from a simple SQL query that I'm struggling to sort: The row field is "Partner", the column field is "Date" and the table data is "Sum of Quantity", i.e. Partner 1 / Jun quantity / Jul quantity / Aug quantity / Sep quantity Partner 2 / etc. It's happy to sort by total Quantity of all Dates, but I can't persuade it to order by descending Quantity for the most recent Date. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark ...

Exchange and non existant addresses
I've setup a new exchange 2003 server. The client would like to have the ability to receive mail at a specific email address. He also wants any mail directed to the domain to be sent to a specific email address. So, an example would be username: jdoe@xyz.com an email address that doesn't exist in the domain: 123@xyz.com or info@xyz.com, etc. all this mail should be forwarded to jdoe@xyz.com Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks. The feature you're looking for isn't built into Exchange. Please take a look at our product MailBasketMD at http://turbogeeks.com - it does w...

Exchange Passwords in Outlook
Gurus, I am hosting Exchange for one of my clients using RPCoHTTP on Server 2003, Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003. The users, however, are logging on to a separate domain and never log on to the hosting domain other than through Outlook. My problem is that they are not getting notified that their passwords are about to expire. Consequently, their Outlook simply stops working telling the user that his/ her password is expired. I have seen http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322264 but this appears to pertain to OWA. Is there another workaround? Can I get Outlook to pro...

Exchange Server 2003 SP2
Hello all. Is it necessary to install Exchange 2003 SP1 before installing SP2? Thank you -- Osteele ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Osteele's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/184732.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1320706.htm http://forums.techarena.in Allow me to respond to my own post. I decided to not to take any chances. I installed SP1 then SP2. Everything seems to be functioning fine at the moment. -- Osteele -------------------------------------------------...

Connecting to Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2003
I have recently had to rebuild an Exchange 5.5 server due to a raid array crash. I have the server up and operational but I have several users that have the Outlook 2003 client installed than can no longer get into their accounts. It worked prior to the crash. The OS is windows 2000 server with all SP's and Exchange 5.5 with all SP's. The user get the error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The exchange server is not available." I have verified that the RPC binding in the Client PC and on the Server is set for RPC over TCP/IP. Any help is great! Ron Have you t...

Read receipt (Outlook 2007 & Exchange 2007)
Dear All After migration to Exchange 2007, the read receipt does not combine with email at some outlooks. But the outlook gets the read receipt. what's wrong? i find the email of outlook accounts change to alias, then i change it back. Would it affect this? Grateful for any advice. thanks. tony Dear All i find more info. i can check the readers if my email is stored at Exchange server. i cannot check the readers if my email is stored at local computer at pst format. oh! how can i do? most users stored the email at local computer and now they cannot check the readers. ...

Entourage reply includes only the last message

Spotlight Search of Entourage Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a client who when performs a Spotlight search from the Finder and in the results listing double-clicks on a Entourage email, it is displaying a message saying that you need to switch identity to view the email. <br><br>The error is self-explanatory in that the email is question is linked to another Entourage identity other than the one that the user is currently using. However does anyone know how to simply open this email in the current users identity? I have already tried ...

Exchange Mailbox Monitor
Is there a way to monitor a users mailbox such that any message they send or receive would be duplicated/copied so that it could be reviewed? There is a situation at work that my boss has asked that an employee's email be monitored. I figured I could just give my boss access to their email, however it is likely that the user is sending messages and immediately deleting it from their sent items, which doesn't really give us a true idea of what the user is sending. Any ideas? Thanks for your help, Matt <mchilders@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170954210.852065.113110@a75g...

how to configure exchange server???? #2
Hello We have installed Windows Server 2003 Ent. Edition and Microsoft Exhcange Server 2003 Ent. Edition. We already setup Forestprep and Domainprep on the same server. Note : We have only 1 Exchange Server (not an front end/back end) I am now responsible for configure the exchange server for 150 users and we would like to setup over the internet using OWA as well as user can access mail using MS Outlook. I wonder if anyone guide me step by step for exchange configuration over the Internet (incoming/receiving)(DNS, User Quota, POP3/SMTP Configuration, Exchange Configuration) What do we n...

Exchange 5.5 Permission Issue
Hello Everyone. Currently we have Exchange 5.5 is out email server and works like a charm. We migrated our users to New AD 2003 domain and after that we add(actually replaced the NT domain permission to AD permission admin) the our help desk users to the exchange5.5 recepient container. Now when help desk users (permission admin with AD ) on exchange get the insifficent access. Can any one help ? regards, Andrew ...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

Exchange IIS Property starting point
Hi, I have a problem when acessing owa. When i try to access it using http://webmail.company.com/exchange, it always come to 404 page cannot be displayed. if i access http://webmail.company.com, it opens website under construction As i looked through the IIS configuration. I notes that the Exchange under default website doesn't have a globe icon, it starting point is <defaultwebsite>\exchange. Does this configuration allright? How can i change this. I already recreate the OWA related virtual directory. Regards Tommy How did you "recreate the OWA related virtual director...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Exchange problem #9
I did a new installation of my member server that had exchange2k3 on it. I did not remove exchange before I wiped it out. When i go to the exchange manager on the new installed exchange still see the old exchange infomation store when I try to delete it gives a error messages like the fallowing: 1. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled beofre deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f 2. RPC is unavailable Facility: Win32 ID no: 800706ba Can someone please help me resolve this issue? Explain what y...

Archive Policy
Is there a good article on setting Archive policies for Exchange server 2K3 and Outlook 2K3? I have seen articles that talk about using Outlook.adm, but none of them talk about where to get the file and how to install it. I have an administrative installation of Office 2K3, but don't see an Outlook.adm file anywhere. We also have the Exchange 2K3 enterprise installation disk with Outlook 2K3 and have not found anything helpful about installing the template. Any help would be appreciated. the adm is in the resource kit toolbox. you can find it online. http://office.microsoft.co...

Priv.edb to new exchange server-very urgent
I would like to know if it is even possible to take a copy of the priv.edb, not a backup, a plain copy of the database and copy it to a new Exchange 2000 server install and be able to retrieve, read or see the mail, calender and contacts that are in this database with Outlook. The original server died and before it was reinstalled our tech just made a copy of the MDBDATA directory and wiped the machine clean and reinstalled everything setting up a new Exchange server. The company thought theyhad a backup and did not. My job is to try and settup another server to try and get back calender, ma...

Deferred connection rest by the exchange server
Hello, I have a sendmail server that aliases some accounts and sends their mails to the exchage server. The situation is the following: a@exchange sends a mail to b@sendmail. b@sendmail is aliased to c@exchange. Most of the times, the e-mails go thru with no problem. But I am seeing more and more "defeerred Connection reset by mail.glidewell.local" the exchange server. Could somebody tell me what may be going on? Thank you. Did some research on this, most users who are getting this also appear to be in a non homegenous environment ie. Sendmail + Exchange and some involve s...

Outlook 2003 can't access Exchange Server 2000
After updating windows the week of October 9, Outlook 2003 won't connect to our server. It will not resolve the mailbox/name of the client. All of the outlook 2002 still work and we can access the account through the other clients but not through the windows xp client with Outlook 2003 installed. Everything worked fine up until last week. Thanks in advance for any help. Gary ...

exchange 2003 event
Hello there! My event viewer is full of error events I can't find solution for. Details: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1084 Date: xx Time: xx User: N/A Computer: servername Description: There is corruption in rich text format (RTF). Compressed RTF size 0xcd5.Extra data: dwMagic 0x75465a4c. size 0x14, raw size 0xd16f9286, CRC-32 0xcd4e5737. Database: First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (servername) Logon: /o=xx/ou=xx/cn=Recipients/cn=name Message ID: From: email To: email Cc: <NULL> For more information, click htt...

Transfering and totalling corresponding data to other worksheets
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me... I have set up worksheets to the first is the copy i send off to get the order the second is what the customer orders off me. Its for a party plan type arrangement and therefore there are often like 20 orders on the second sheet. I would like the data i enter on the second sheet to automatically be totalled and entered on the corresponding cell in the first worksheet. I can do that but because the there are about 20 customer orders its taking forever to enter the formulas. Im just a little bit above complete novice with excel hehe and have been ...

Exchange Connectors
For some reason when you create a new mailbox on our system, it creates X400, SMTP, CCMAIL and MS connectors. We are only using an Exchange server inhouse for our mail. Do we need the CCMAIL and MS Connectors at all? How can I change the system so that it does not create them? Hi Scott If you do not have a need to integrate with Microsoft Mail or Lotus cc:Mail then you can remove the connectors and this in turn should take care of the addresses being added when you create a new mailbox. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Exchange 2003 and pop3 delivery time
Lowest default is 15 minutes and I have a client who wants it set to 2 minutes. Any way this can be done? All help will be greatly appreciated. If you're using an SBS pop connector, no. If it isn't SBS, contact the POP connector manufacturer for support. A better option would be to ditch POP and host your own mail - then there's no delay at all, among other benefits. mark232@anywhere.com wrote: > Lowest default is 15 minutes and I have a client who wants > it set to 2 minutes. Any way this can be done? > > All help will be greatly appreciated. ...