Email Client: Exchange

0
dcsmith

On 2010-04-06 17:52:41 -0400, dcsmith@officeformac.com said:

> I'm getting a warning of numerous sync conflicts in a dialog box called
> "Conflict Resolver"

These things are a nightmare.
I ended up buying a license for "Spanning Tools for Mac" and they
helped me clear things up tremendously,
http://spanningtools.com/mac/

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
4/7/2010 3:07:48 PM

dcsm...@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Email Client: Exchange I'm getting a warning of numerous sync
> conflicts in a dialog box called "Conflict Resolver" which is picking
> up minor differences in appointments from six months ago. I haven't
> been through the whole list of 100, but most are calendar items from
> the past that should not have changed.
>
> When I click the button to "review now" I am presented with a list of
> the appointments one by one. I also have the option to resolve all in
> favor of iCal or Entourage. When I do the latter, the box disappears,
> but I get the same notice 5 minutes later, presumably when
> iCal/Entourage attempts to sync again. The exact same number of
> conflicts are still there.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thx

By chance did you just upgrade to 10.6.3. When I did I had to do a
complete reset and fresh sync and it works perfectly. If this is your
case, go to the Apple website and follow support article ts1627 for
you OS. Then establish sync fresh with everything including the
handhelds. Remember to run only one module in Entourage for sync at a
time as this will create a mess if you run two or more.

Finally, I always suggest this, if you don't need the power of
Entourage you're way better off just using the Apple apps.
0
Kerry

Pole Display conflict
I know there have been posts here about Logic Controls USB type Pole Displays developing problems with RMS POS setups. I have one that constantly generates an error message stating that a device is not functioning. I can't use POs when this message comes up and have to close POS using Task Manager then re-boot it again to make a sale. To get the display functioning again I have to completely re-boot the whole system. Sometimes the pole display freezes after just 30 minutes of system non-use, sometime sit will be OK for several hours, but it happens at least 5 times a day..........

anyone resolved this: cannot login after upgrade to 3.0 on win2K3 server ( "contact your systems admin..")
I quote this because it sounds like what happened to us today: "Upgrade install of CRM 3.0 on Windows 2K3 box. I can login as the system administrator, but can't login as any other user. I have "enabled the other users, but I get an error each time I login. The only thing it says is: ERROR. An Error has occoured. Contact your systems administrator for more information..... then I have a Try Again or Close button." Win2K3 Server 10 users active and having license on 1.2 upgrade successfully terminated the administrator can login (with restricted access box checked) ...

reinstating deleting entourage calendar in ical
I deleted the entourage calendar in ical created through sync services, and have tried quite a few things but I may have messed with the schemas at one point. Any ideas how I can start again? Thanks On 9/22/06 4:19 AM, in article 1158923998.647968.205630@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com, "madebiru" <studio@gavinblue.com> wrote: > I deleted the entourage calendar in ical created through sync services, > and have tried quite a few things but I may have messed with the > schemas at one point. > > Any ideas how I can start again? Check out the SyncServices FAQs for...

Synch 6000 records: Outlook taking 350MB of ram...
I'm preforming an synch on CRM 3 SFO for one of our VPs and he's synching over 6000 records. After the first successful CRM synch, I put his machine in offline mode and his system resources are off the charts: Outlook was at 396 MB of Ram, SQL Server 223 MB and the CRM Application Hoster at 61 MB of RAM. Everything in the logs looks good. I guess my question is, how long should I want to complete its offline task? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks, Isaiah ...

Money 2004 Investments to watch will not download price
update. Will download news, update to program but not if want to try and receive up to date fund prices ...

Windows XP Home Will NOT Save Settings!!!
I'm working on a Windows XP Home netbook that has the strangest problem - it will not save any settings on any user account, whether it's an Administrator or a LUA. Sadly, while I can Google plenty of page where this problem is described, no one seems to have solved it. The netbook has been thoroughly scanned for viruses, malware, etc. Folder options, start menu options, internet options - I can check the options I want, then click Apply, then OK, but when I open the dialog again, the settings reverted back to the previous settings. I can't view system folders, hidd...

Outlook Synch errors on one desktop client
Hi, I have tried a bunch of things but I still have one Outlook client that has unknown errors when synching contacts. I have tried the usual uninstall/reinstall of both the desktop client and Outlook itself, deleting address book folders, setting the CRM options to not sync contacts, restart Outlook, delete contacts, then restore the setting to sync contacts, then attempt the sync again. No matter what I do the sync stops after 47 contacts come over to Outlook. The Local Data is set to - Full Name Has Data AND Status is Active. This should bring ALL CRM contacts over to Outlook (~7...

Will rpc over http provide certian encryption?
Hi all, If we configure outlook profile to use rpc over http, will the emails be encrypted when we send emails? How do we verify if the emails are sent securely? THANK YOU! Use a packet analyzer to check - you will be using RPC over *HTTPS*. The connection/communication is secure, but the actual messages - though encrypted for that session and stored in Exchange's Information Store are more or less secure - when using a mechanism like HTTPS be aware that it's point-to-point communication that's being encrypted. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog ...

BCM Update will *not install.
I posted this in the BCM and the Office setup groups and it got no response. Audrey T. [MSFT] monitors and participates in the BCM group, so I assume she is part of a team that owns some of BCM. I read one of Audrey's posts on another install question where this update caused a problem opening BCM, but there was nothing new in her suggestions except to delete a registry value (I tried this with no help):And yeah, Milly if you read it, I'm scratching my head. HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Office > 11.0 >Outlook > Option > General and delete the PONT_STRING value ...

Sync Entourage and iCal?
can anyone help me with syncing entourage (my main calendar) with iCal? Thanks, jda2003@mac.com jda2003: > can anyone help me with syncing entourage (my main > calendar) with iCal? If it's Entourage 2004 you're using, you can get Pal Berkowitz's Sync Entourage-iCal sripts set: http://scriptbuilders.net/category.php?search=entourage- ical AFAIK, there's no solution with Entourage v.X -- Bernard Rey MVP office:macintosh On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:13:54 -0500, Bernard Rey wrote (in article <594001c4810d$798bcea0$a401280a@phx.gbl>): > AFAIK, there's no sol...

Anticipating and resolving conflict
In a sheet shared by 6 users, they will often be adding a new entry at the same time. Is there a way of automatically saving the shared sheet - and thus reserving the new row - whenever a new entry is made in any cell of the next available new line, rather than resolving conflict later? Thanks in advance. -- parvenu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ parvenu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=530353 ...

Problems synching with iCal

Signature will not display images
I never had a problem with signature files, now all of a sudden they do not display the images only a placeholder. When I create a new one with word it gives the error that the signature files has been moved or deleted only if it contains an image. I can create a new signature file with Dreamweaver but it still refuses to display the image. If I go the properties and browse to the full path the image is displayed. Somehow there is an active x control trying to attach itself to the signature file. A grey box about 5mm square is displayed above the signture. What the hell is this. I ha...

How do I synch my calendar with my 3 home networked computers?
I've upgraded to W7 and am running Outlook 2007. I run three computers across my home network and want know if and how I can synch my calendars across the network. Hope someone can help... rgds Chris not easily... see http://slipstick.me/sync for options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIB...

Outlook will not open .pst file #2
I exported my emails to a .pst file prior to reformatting my hard disk. Now after re-installing Outlook it will not open the .pst file, saying it is "not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service." What does this mean? Ensure read only flag of pst is off. Presumably the pst is on yr hd and not on a cd. In OL File/Open/Personal Folders....browse to pst <Clydesdale> wrote in message news:3t4v60tvqs2q9glfbv54ris67vjb4dllm6@4ax.com... > I exported my emails to a .pst file prior to reformatting my hard > disk. Now after re-installing Outlook it...

CRM3.0 - Quick Campaign will not auto send email
Emails in quick campaign remain in draft status and are NOT automatically sent. I have installed rollup 2 and changed per KB911520. I CANNOT auto send emails from a quick campaign with the web client - just remains as draft. Sending each draft email then works fine. Checked and double checked and re-installed rollup 2 to no avail. Any ideas would be welcome, please. Regards, Simon Doh fixed it myself - error in registry entry - put CampaignSendMail and it should have been CampaignSendEmail!!!! "Simon De''''Ath" wrote: > Emails in quick campaign rem...

Outlook conflicts
Here is the message i get- How do I correct and prevent from reoccuring? "one or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation again. ...

Synching Outlook 2003 and Hotmail?
I have Outlook 2003 and a paid Hotmail account. I would like to synch my contacts, calendar, and email storage folders on both. Is that feasible? I heard that there was supposed to be a new Outlook Connector beta? Is that true? Thanks. You need the connector - it should work for you with the current connector but if not, the new windows live desktop mail client that is in beta includes a connector that does work. The beta is closed AFAIK, although they may add new users every now and again - sign up at the windows live site. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Your...

CRM server will not get though internet
I installed CRM on SBS 2003. i have 2 net work card in my machine. one for internet ip and another for local intranet. i got the crm through intranet. but i cant get the crm through internet IP. please help me for getting CRM throgh internet. helps will appreciated.... Please keep your posts in one news group!! "sujith" <sujith@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:AB5F6B2B-6898-4D04-9532-1068D15322A0@microsoft.com... >I installed CRM on SBS 2003. i have 2 net work card in my machine. one for > internet ip and another for local intranet. i got the crm through > ...

Calendar Synching...?
I have users that need to use a shared calendar but they also need to use their own calendar. I have searched high and low and can't seem to figure out how to synch those 2 calendars together with Outlook XP (2002)? Is there anyone out there that can help me in this or maybe give me a resource that might better answer the question. Thanks in advance, Mark Broom Can anyone help on this yet or is something that just wont and cannot happen? "Mark Broom" <mbroom@guernsey-county.net> wrote in message news:OCXlc0TLEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have users that need t...

After filtering and saving, excel will no longer display..
After filtering and saving changes, excel will not display any of the rows on the worksheet. I've figured out how to display the rows manually 1 by 1, but when I do that it wont scroll past row 36. Basically I just want to bring up all the information on the worksheet. HELP! Three things to check: Unhide Rows: Select all by clicking on the small square above row 1 and left of column A For 2003: Click on Format > Row > Unhide For 2007: Have Home ribbon visible, click on Cells > Format > Hide & Unhide, then select unhide rows Unfreeze For 200...

Entourage2004 to iCal
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Since the start of British summer Time, entourage 2004 sync, puts events back one hour in iCal, which copies the same to my phone. ...

Gmail Sync with iCal and iCal sync with Entourage

Will some of TAPI functions make me not terminate that thread ?
Hi, Actually i am experiencing one strange problem.. I am using TAPI in my application. But while calling some functions (those functions are synchronous).. e.g. lineGetRegisterStatus to get the cellular line registration with Service provider. Now, as per my current experience, i have one thread that is calling this function. And if during that time, user wants to exit, i am trying to terminate that thread.. But what happens is, if the function call is made and if it gets hung in that funcion, i will not even be able to terminate the thread. So, is that true ? from putting logs in my applic...

Software conflict or hardware problem ?
Hello all, iv had a problem recently which i find pretty fustrating. Im a keen online games player, i use a site called fly or die. To play there games you have to have java on your system, for a year or so it worked with no problems. But for the last 2 or 3 months its stoped working on my pc only. Its works on my mum and dads laptops so its not a problem with the site, i tryed uninstalling and reinstalling, iv tryed contacting the site and changing my browser, iv even tryed resetting my old browsers settings. i run virus scans every day and the same two trojion viruses show...