Thanks
0
Beandog9

On 2010-06-02 11:56:02 -0400, Beandog9@officeformac.com said:

>  I've been using my Mac to work in Entourage but am getting a new
> MacBook Pro. How do I transfer all my mails to the new machine?

Move the Microsoft User Data from your Documents account in one
computer to the same location in the other.
Actually, if you use the Apple-provided tool to migrate your data to
the new Mac, it will transfer the Entourage account in the process.

Corentin

0
iso
6/2/2010 5:28:53 PM
> >  I've been using my Mac to work in Entourage but am getting a new  <br>
> > MacBook Pro. How do I transfer all my mails to the new machine? <br>
> Move the Microsoft User Data from your Documents account in one  <br>
> computer to the same location in the other. <br>
> Actually, if you use the Apple-provided tool to migrate your data to  <br>
> the new Mac, it will transfer the Entourage account in the process. <br>
> Corentin <br>

0
Beandog9
6/2/2010 5:47:41 PM
I was reading this thread and i have a question. What is the Apple supplied tool that migrates Entourage data? <br><br>I have been using the standard import/export provided by Entourage.
0
SpiderTech
6/2/2010 9:31:37 PM
On 2010-06-02 17:31:37 -0400, SpiderTech@officeformac.com said:

> I was reading this thread and i have a question. What is the Apple
> supplied tool that migrates Entourage data?
>
> I have been using the standard import/export provided by Entourage.

It doesn't migrate Entourage data specifically. It transfers all
documents (and the Entourage accounts are in the /Documents folder) so
the Entourage account automatically gets over.
It's the Migration Assistant.

Corentin

0
iso
6/3/2010 1:54:10 PM
Thanks so much Corentin. I'm half tempted to remove my entourage account and start again....
0
Beandog9

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Archived Sent Mail
I have setup two archived sent mail folders. If I go into one of those folders and forward an already sent email the new sent entry goes back into the archived sent folder rather than the current sent folder. Thank you. hooksairport <hooksairport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have setup two archived sent mail folders. If I go into one of > those folders and forward an already sent email the new sent entry > goes back into the archived sent folder rather than the current sent > folder. Thank you. Same solution as for your prior question. -- Brian Tillman ...

Mail Delivery failure #2
I have one specific user that constantly receives email replies for undeliverable emails to an unknown address in which he never sent. Can someone explain why and how to fix it? Karen <karen@reuelnc.com> wrote: > I have one specific user that constantly receives email replies for > undeliverable emails to an unknown address in which he never sent. Can > someone explain why and how to fix it? There's nothing that can be done. Somewhere on the Internet, someone who has your user's address in his or her address book has been infected with malware. This infect...

Am I missing something with mail merge?
I can't get a list of primary contacts. When I try to merge on Accounts it tries to use the Account.Email address instead. An thoughts?? Jake ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Outbound Mail
I have an odd situations happening, I am getting email relaying off of my address, i am the administrator of the network and also off of the administrator account (postmaster@....) I have all IIS options turned off on my local machine, relaying is not allowed on any connection and everything is set up to specs to not relay. My system has even been tested. But when a certain email comes into our network, the microsoft update emails, my virus software strips the virus attached but i end up finding in my email queues email being sent out by my email and sometimes postmaster to outside addresse...

Business e-mail newsletter Template
How do I store the Microsoft Office Business e-mail newsletter template locally and retain HTML instead of Plain Text? A link to the template is below. When I store the newletter template locally as an OFT, the subsequent emails in Outlook 2007 using the template are in Plain Text instead of the original HTML. When I publish as a form, I get an error message "The Form You Selected Cannot Be Displayed". Link to Microsoft Office Business e-mail newsletter template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC100805931033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101043281033 Is it H...

Can Excel 2000 be upgraded alone to 2003 on an NT4 machine?
Is it possible to upgrade Excel 2000, standalone, from the rest of the office suite (as we have applications that wont work with, say, Word 2003) on a machine running Windows NT4??? All help appreciated ;-) Andymak On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:53:03 -0800, "Andymak252" <Andymak252@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to upgrade Excel 2000, standalone, from the rest of the office >suite (as we have applications that wont work with, say, Word 2003) on a >machine running Windows NT4??? Your problem isn't running different versions of Office components o...

Windows Live Mail & Feeds
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CACDA1.9517E3C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everybody, Maybe someone can help me. I am trying to use the Feeds facility but have hugh problems. It seems I can not add any feed at all. Not able to add a folder. In = word ... nothing. Maybe someone can help me to fix this problem or offer a nice place to = read about it. Thanx in advance KR Marco ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CACDA1.9517E3C0 Content-Type: text...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...