How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help.
0
kthersh

--B_3355748283_803678

On 5/3/10 6:55 AM, in article 59bb7d84.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"kthersh@officeformac.com" <kthersh@officeformac.com> wrote:

> pop I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder.
> I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that
> email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and
> clears the folder out. Please help.

AFAIK, this is not possible.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

--B_3355748283_803678

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?</T=
ITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'>On 5/3/10 6:55 AM, in article <a href=3D"59bb7d84.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0=
">59bb7d84.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"kthersh@officeform=
ac.com">kthersh@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"kthersh@officeformac=
..com">kthersh@officeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><=
SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>pop I want to be able to prevent users from clea=
ring out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, b=
ut I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays the=
re until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'><BR>
AFAIK, this is not possible.<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>www.entour=
age.mvps.org/&gt;<BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.m=
vps.org/&gt;<BR>
YouTalk &lt;<a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy">http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy</=
a>&gt; &lt;-- Entourage mailing list<BR>
Twitter: follow &lt;<a href=3D"http://twitter.com/entouragehelp">http://twitt=
er.com/entouragehelp</a>&gt;<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3355748283_803678--

0
Diane

clear inputs macro
THis macro seems to be clearing all items from the sheet I only need it to clear the rows i have listed Sub clear_inputs_new() ' ' clear_inputs Macro ' ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 1 Range("I11:I114").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("AD11:AD114").Select Selection.ClearContents End Sub I see nothing wrong with the code but perhaps try this... Sub clear_inputs_new() ' ' clear_inputs Macro ' Range("I11:I114").ClearContents Range("AD11:AD114").ClearContents End Sub -- HTH... Jim...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

unexpected deletion of e-mails
Dear All during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on their systems or any Error in my server. I have an exchange server 2003 and my clients use Microsoft Outlook XP or Microsoft Outlook 2000. I appreciate any guide. Regards M.Hasanabadi On 3 Jul 2006 00:51:43 -0700, hasanabadi@gmail.com wrote: >Dear All >during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox >have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on >their systems or any Error in my server. ...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

How to delete a LINK
Hello! We have a user with about 10 links on the spreadsheet. When running the AUTOMATIC update, Excel crashes and closes down. We go back to the file again, run the LINKS individaully and one of the LINKS is causing the problem. How can we delete/remove this link and add the new link from the good spreadsheet. Thank you! You might see if this FindLink utility helps find where the link is. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Jim "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:506DD490-81AF-42BD-826C-0B4BE75338DF@microsoft.com... |...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users
Hi, Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent this error message is displayed : There was a SMTP communication problem with the > recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. > <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not > permitted> I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok. Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls Jay ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

public folder #16
Hello, I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server. I create a new public folder and have to give this new folder the emailaddress from the old one (the one that is deleted). When i do that ,i get the message that the email address already exist at the organization. Can i somewhere delete this address before i give it to my new public folder? Hi Walter, "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OXLULL0cFHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server. > I create a new public folder a...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...

User Name Change
Thanks in Advance, I have a user who has changed her last name. I have changed all references to her last name except one email proxy which is not primary. She can log on as her new name, but all emails still reference her old last name that she send. This is even with replies to emails sent to her using her new name. I noticed that the mailbox name in Exchange System Manager still shows the old name, as well as her log ons. I went into ldp and did not find anything helpful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Mark Simmerman Napa, CA So the non-primary e-mail address...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Synching deleted records
Is there any support in 1.2 or planned for a future release for being able to determine which records have been deleted since a prior date? Currently, it seems that the Deletion Service permanently removes any records from the database that have been flagged for deletion. Is there a way to hook into this service to log deleted records? I know that Sales For Outlook doesn't support synching deleted contacts or email, so I'm not very hopeful, but I wanted to ask before going down the longer road. I'm interested in most types of CRM records. Thanks, Mark You can tap into the del...

blog for Visio users
I've created a blog that has information for Visio users, if you wanted to check it out. I post fairly regularly on a range of topics. Visio Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/mailant -- Mai-lan Visio, Microsoft Corp This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi, Glad the Blog is here. I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the new button the pop down gives me choices. If I hit Comments, I can comment. If I hit question i get re-prompted. I am a new user and I am having a terrible time. I can drag a shape from the stencil to my drawing. ...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...

How to automatically delete messages from PF
Hi. I'd like to configure a Public Folder so that messages posted to it are deleted automatically after a specified period of time (10 days, for example). Is there any way to do that ? Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Deleted Item Retention Not Working
We are running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients - all up to date with patches and fixes. Outlook is running in cached mode. I just discovered that if I go to 'recover deleted items', it shows me every message I ever deleted since the server was installed. Keep deleted items is set to 7 days on the mailbox store. Mailbox manager runs regularly and seems to be working properly. Is there something set that would override this setting? It does not appear to apply to all users. I don't see anything relevant in recipient policies..... On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:19:03 -0...

New user mailboxes not being created #2
Hi All, I am having difficulty getting newly created users to show up in the GAL. The email addresses for any new user are not being created. I can add new users successfully, either by copying from another user or by creating the user from scratch. I can log in as the new user. When I try to create the user in Outlook using Check Names, I get the following message "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." Any new user that I create does not get any email addresses created nor is it added to the GAL. If I go into System ...