Have switched to Apple Mail!

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc.  <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better!
0
scooby

How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders?

2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor
feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that
nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In
fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other
office applications) took a huge step backward. Now, Entourage has
started crashing 2 or 3 times a week and corrupting my database at
least once every 2 weeks.

I won't get sucked into another upgrade that does nothing.
0
KAEsau
1/22/2010 4:53:33 PM
Apple mail isn't too great with Gmail IMAP.

On 1/21/10 1:03 PM, in article 59bb1634.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"scooby@officeformac.com" <scooby@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc.
> etc.
>
> I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better!

0
John
1/22/2010 6:34:42 PM
On 2010-01-22 13:34:42 -0500, John Merrill said:

> Apple mail isn't too great with Gmail IMAP.

It's fine for me as long as you've configured it properly (and hid some
useless folder using the Google Lab IMAP advanced settings).
For me, the real issue is the Exchange support that's really far behind IMVHO.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
1/22/2010 9:34:33 PM
I was wondering how good Apple Mail is with Exchange. Sounds like not too
good.

John

On 1/22/10 2:34 PM, in article 2010012216343350073-korventeen@NoSpammvpsorg,
"Corentin Cras-M�neur" <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 2010-01-22 13:34:42 -0500, John Merrill said:
>
>> Apple mail isn't too great with Gmail IMAP.
>
> It's fine for me as long as you've configured it properly (and hid some
> useless folder using the Google Lab IMAP advanced settings).
> For me, the real issue is the Exchange support that's really far behind IMVHO.
>
> Corentin

0
John
1/23/2010 2:16:23 AM
On 1/22/10 8:16 PM, John Merrill wrote:

> I was wondering how good Apple Mail is with Exchange. Sounds like not
> too good.

Exchange support in Snow Leopard is good for what it's designed to do,
however, Apple has not designed Snow Leopard to do everything. This goes
hand-in-hand with their philosophy of keeping things simple. It's a
"basic" Exchange client.

For example, if you need category support then Snow Leopard will
disappoint you. It has no Exchange category support.

You need to determine the Exchange features you want and test those.
Just because Snow Leopard doesn't do everything, that doesn't make it a
bad Exchange client.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
1/23/2010 7:53:30 PM
On 2010-01-22 21:16:23 -0500, John Merrill said:

> I was wondering how good Apple Mail is with Exchange. Sounds like not too
> good.

Well, then it works, it does a decent job at getting e-mails, calendars
and contacts, but it lacks a lot of features (categories, OOF etc).
In my case, there are even days it connects, and days it doesn't, etc.
Still fairly buggy unfortunately,

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Sending Mail before Receiving.
Hello all, We have users who have a large mailbox sizes and when they send and recieve on the road, it takes a while. If they get frustrated, they cancel all. This leaves messages unsent in the Outbox. Is there a way to configure Outlook or Exchange to Send outgoing mail first, before attempting to synchronize the folders? Thanks, Joe ...

E-mail Addressing
How do I keep my fax numbers from appearing in the window to address an e-mail? On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:08:46 -0800, "Sandi Stude" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I keep my fax numbers from appearing in the window >to address an e-mail? Get this... there are only two ways.... neither of which will be entirely acceptable to you. 1. enter an alpha character in front of each fax number (a-z) 2. purchase an addin from a third party that does this for you (http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Hide-Fax-Numbers.asp) I paid my money for optioin #2 as ...

mail merge #3
I am attempting to mail merge an excel spreadsheet to word for labels. The mail merge is working fine, but when I hit print - everything gets all screwed up and what prints out is some weird alien mumbo-jumbo...Can anyone help me with this??????????? Hi Sara, I have a page on printing labels with MS Word using Excel as the database. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm the most common mistake is to not have the Excel worksheet as the first worksheet tab in the workbook. So you get the wrong information, but you would see that in Word. Can you give an example of mumb...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Exchange 5.5 does not sent mails with attachment
Hello NG we are currently running our Exchange 5.5 server but going to switch to 2003 within this year. Now we have the problem that the server does not sent mails bigger 5MB anymore. Smaller ones is no problem. There is no restiction set in the server settings nor does the firewall or virus checker block them. Any idear?? Best regards Chris Ruetten On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:57:59 +0100, "Christoph Ruetten" <c.ruetten@radiometer.de> wrote: >Hello NG > >we are currently running our Exchange 5.5 server but going to switch to 2003 >within this year. > &g...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

mail being dumped into junk mail by mistake
For years, mail from a certain address was directed to a certain folder. Now, out of the blue, that same mail is being dumped into the junk mail folder. I have re-written the rules for the mail, directing it to the correct folder, but it still arrives in my junk folder. Any ideas on how to remedy this? 1: Check your junk mail settings and make sure this address wasn't added in error. 2: You may need to move the rule. In general: Have all rules that Delete it from server first. Rules that divert mail to folders next. All others last. Make sure that every rule als...

All Messages go to Junk Mail folder !???
Using MS Outlook 2003, I have been unable to change the Junk Mail setup to prevent it from sending absolutely all my mail all the time to the Junk Mail folder. TIA GC Uncheck all of your rules and re-enable them one by one until you find the one that is responsible. You can also look at the addresses you have added to your Junk Mail Filter to see if you mistakenly added your own. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without rea...

send mail between 2 exchange 2003 servers
Hi, i have 2 exchange 2003 server in a different domain. How can i send mail directly from the first to the other one ? via smtp connecter, it's not working because i get authentication errors in the logging. regards, Birgen "Birgen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e04901c46c08$262d7cf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i have 2 exchange 2003 server in a different domain. > How can i send mail directly from the first to the other > one ? > via smtp connecter, it's not working because i get > authentication errors in ...

Mail Merge Issue #2
Win2000, Office 200 Mail Merge has always worked fine in Word. Trying to create a Pub Mail Merg Doc. When I click on "Open Data Source", it says feature not installed. Whe I attempt to install it using my Office 2K CDs, it can not find "Microsof Office 2000 SR-1 Disk2". Well, of course, that's because I don't hav that disk. Any thoughts on what is going on or how to get around it Much appreciated. Publisher is on Disk 2 of the Office 2000 application. You cannot have Publisher along with Office without Disk 2. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/cli...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

repeat mail
hi, exchage inofrmaton: version 5.5 with sp4 OS: windos NT4 with sp6 TodaY, I was repeatly recevied mail from April 30 to now. Have you anyone know that what is it ? little boy Open Internet headers of original and repeated message and compare time on each Received: line. This should tell you where messages are coming from. little boy wrote: > hi, > exchage inofrmaton: > version 5.5 with sp4 > OS: windos NT4 with sp6 > > TodaY, I was repeatly recevied mail from April 30 to now. > Have you anyone know that what is it ? > > little boy ...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

(?) Unable to contact the outgoing mail server (?)
Suddenly Outlook doesn't work. Upon Send/Receive I get: "Unable to contact the outgoing mail server (SMPT)..." It's NOT my provider. I can connect via the Web to my email and get it fine. Plus I have TWO providers. Both are set up as accounts in Outlook and both give the above error. I've already backed up my pst and stuff in case Outlook totally pukes on me, but any ideas how to fix this? Thanks, Tim Solved. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm. Even though I had ZA disabled and not started (even through MSConfig), it took absolute uninstalling it and a reboot to get th...

mail messages not visible after restore
Our Exchange 2003 server at work has crashed and we had to repair with the windows 2003 cd option. Now windows is working but exchange has lost his priv1.edb file. I have created a blank priv1.edb file from scratch and restored mailboxes. Some mailboxes for example have 125MB of messages as we can see in exchange system manager but in outlook we only see beetween 1MB and 5MB of messages (the messages received after the crash). We use BackupExec at work with the exchange agent .I see the messages that i don't see in Outlook in the restore selection of backup exec. The restore never ...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Problems with e-mail
Over the course of the last week or two, occasionally, people have been receiving my e-mails days late. In my outlook, I have an adelphia.net address and also an account tied to a "the messagecenter.com". As a test, about 20 minutes ago, I sent an e-mail from each account to my AOL address; and then did the same sending them to another address I have on yet another firm's server (that I do work for). At AOL. as of about 20 minutes later, I quickly got the latter but not the former (I also tried sending via the former's (adelphia's) webmail and that fared no be...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

error message when sending mail from Outlook 2003
I just downloaded Office 2003 off my school web site. It works fine until I tried to send mail to one friend of mine. Before 2003 I had no problem. Now I am getting the following error message: ERROR:5.7.1:520_Mail_accepted_only_via_MX_routing Delivery last attempted at Wed, 24 Dec 2003 07:21:07 -0000 What can I do to correct this? Thanks Ask your school how to set up Outlook to work with their mail server routing protocol. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Lin <...

Slow Outbound Mail Exchange 2000
Windows 2000 server SP4 Exchange 2000 server SP3 KB824282 KB894549 KB906780 KB912442 KB911564 NAI with groupshield Antivirus Scanning is excluding the Exchange folders and M drive. Our mail just sits in the SMTP QUE for 30 minutes to 2 days. I cannot seem to figure out what is going on. DNS is setup to use our ISP DataFoundry. Even a force connection does not get it sent out. A reboot of the server does not seem to make them all magically go either? I get a memory defrag error very often 9852 warning and error. Looking at perfmon on the Exchange IS VM it looks good but then again I am not ex...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...