Folders with "+" character dump some email to Inbox @ update

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Just updated Entourage to 13.0.4, and was presented with about 400 emails (some read, some unread) in Inbox. I practice InBoxZero, so this was a surprise. <br>
Turns out almost all the mail so re-positioned had come back out of mailboxes with a + character in their name (for example &quot;PR + Advertising&quot;). <br><br>Weird.
0
MattStanford

On 3/11/10 5:02 PM, MattStanford@officeformac.com wrote:
> Turns out almost all the mail so re-positioned had come back out of
> mailboxes with a + character in their name (for example "PR +
> Advertising").

View Amir Haque's post: E-mail Download Issue in Entourage With Exchange
2007 on Windows 2008

http://bit.ly/cNySqB

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
> View Amir Haque's post: E-mail Download Issue in Entourage With Exchange  <br>
> 2007 on Windows 2008 <br>
> --  <br>
0
MattStanford
3/12/2010 5:13:43 AM
On 3/11/10 9:13 PM, MattStanford@officeformac.com wrote:
> I would have thought if it were a known problem, Entourage would have
> prevented me making a folder in relation to my Exchange account that was
> less than perfectly compatible.

We can only dream that the application would be that smart. <sigh>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
0
Diane
3/12/2010 11:47:27 PM
On 3/11/10 11:13 PM, MattStanford@officeformac.com wrote:

> Diane, that seems to suggest there's something ...unique...about
> Exchange that means you'll never see emails with a + in the subject
> line: I saw all these messages, and had previously marked them as read,
> and stored them in folders in Entourage.
>
> The folders had a + in the folder name; and the messages that were
> placed back in the InBox were a mixture of read and unread.
>
> I would have thought if it were a known problem, Entourage would have
> prevented me making a folder in relation to my Exchange account that was
> less than perfectly compatible.

The problem with a "+" in the subject is unique to Entourage 2008, which
uses WebDAV to talk with Exchange. I don't believe the problem extends
to creating folders with the symbol.

Once you switched to Entourage EWS, you started using Exchange Web
Services to talk with Exchange. Therefore, the mail messages appeared to
you.

I don't understand what you mean by "Entourage would have prevented me
making a folder in relation to my Exchange account".

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
3/14/2010 8:12:59 PM
> I don't understand what you mean by &quot;Entourage would have prevented me  <br>
> making a folder in relation to my Exchange account&quot;. <br>
> --  <br>
> bill <br><br>Precisely as you say Bill: If it's a known issue with Entourage 2008, wouldn't it be great if Entourage 2008 contained some code to prevent you creating folders that it knew would be a problem (in the same way that Finder won't let me make folders or files with ; or / in the filename). <br><br>I think &quot;Oh yes, that's a known issue. You just have to not use the + symbol in a folder name&quot; is an unacceptable workaround. Why can't the application itself prevent me?
0
MattStanford
3/14/2010 10:03:00 PM
On 3/14/10 5:03 PM, MattStanford@officeformac.com wrote:

> Precisely as you say Bill: If it's a known issue with Entourage 2008,
> wouldn't it be great if Entourage 2008 contained some code to prevent
> you creating folders that it knew would be a problem (in the same way
> that Finder won't let me make folders or files with ; or / in the
> filename).
>
> I think "Oh yes, that's a known issue. You just have to not use the +
> symbol in a folder name" is an unacceptable workaround. Why can't the
> application itself prevent me?

Ah. Would have been simpler if you'd said, "Entourage shouldn't let me
make folders with the plus sign in their names."

Remember, the problem occurs between Exchange Server 2007 and Entourage
2008. If you have this setup then Microsoft encourages you to upgrade to
the Web Services Edition of Entourage, which doesn't have this problem.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
3/14/2010 10:56:24 PM
On 3/14/10 6:56 PM, William Smith [MVP] wrote:
> On 3/14/10 5:03 PM, MattStanford@officeformac.com wrote:
>
>> Precisely as you say Bill: If it's a known issue with Entourage 2008,
>> wouldn't it be great if Entourage 2008 contained some code to prevent
>> you creating folders that it knew would be a problem (in the same way
>> that Finder won't let me make folders or files with ; or / in the
>> filename).
>>
>> I think "Oh yes, that's a known issue. You just have to not use the +
>> symbol in a folder name" is an unacceptable workaround. Why can't the
>> application itself prevent me?
>
> Ah. Would have been simpler if you'd said, "Entourage shouldn't let me
> make folders with the plus sign in their names."
>
> Remember, the problem occurs between Exchange Server 2007 and Entourage
> 2008. If you have this setup then Microsoft encourages you to upgrade to
> the Web Services Edition of Entourage, which doesn't have this problem.

To paraphrase something Col. Blake said on MASH many years ago:

They are two rules of software. Rule number one is that Microsoft
products have bugs. Rule number two is that MVPs can't change rule
number one.

You are absolutely right that it would make sense for Microsoft to have
prevented you from making folders that it can't deal with. However,
there is not much we can do about it except suggest workarounds or make
suggestions to Microsoft. Note that MVPs don't work for Microsoft; we
are just users who like to answer questions. Many times, we are
frustrated with same issues that you are. For example, for a long time,
I wasn't getting my regular SPAM notification from our SPAM filter
because the subject had a + sign it. That was frustrating.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

How to know the start and end character position of the caret while pasting using Ctrl + V in a rich edit control
Hi! I have a derived a class from CRichEditCtrl which is displayed in a dialog. User can paste some block of text in this rich edit control pressing Ctrl + V key. Depending on the content of the pasted block, I do some formatting stuff. My problem is when I paste more than one line, how can I get the character position(not in terms of point) of the caret before and after pasting. regards, ari Have a look at the following in the help files: CHARRANGE (structure) LineFromChar() LineIndex() GetSel() (see below) SetSel() CRichEditCtrl::GetSel void GetSel( CHARRANGE& cr ) const; void ...

Darft folder + Preview Pane
Is there a way to activate the Preview Pane in the Draft Folder of Outlook? Mike wrote: > Is there a way to activate the Preview Pane in the Draft Folder of Outlook? I don't think so unless someone knows a way to do this. However, you can turn on View -> AutoPreview to see a snippet of the mail. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias....

My Outlook hangs for a minute + each time I try to open an email
Outlook 2003 hangs each time I move to another email or inbox or try to open an email; I ahev tried all the cleaups and registry cleans etc and my system is runing XP Pro fast with no probs. This has only started a short while ago; anyone know why it would happen? ...

Public Folder
I cannot view the properties of my Schedule + Free Busy. Receive error of c1030af2 from ESM. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. Richard ...

memory dump by using ctrl+scrlk+scrlk
To troubleshoot a server (w2k8, sp2) I have set up to do memory dump using ctrl+scrlk+scrlk and dedicated dump file. I tested it and it triggered the dump. But I expected the server to reboot itself at the end but it didn't. It showed 100% complete and stayed at the blue screen. I had to manaully power it down/on. Is it supposed to like this? After reboot a new memory.dmp was created. I guess it is working but just curious if it should reboot itself once done. Any idea? Thanks. Chris;1259949 Wrote: > To troubleshoot a server (w2k8, sp2) I have set up to do...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

Money+ Update not working for anyone else?
I have about 8 accounts not getting a download via the Online Update tool. Content and Quotes were downloaded fine but these 8 accounts with different institutions are not updating. I wouldn't think it would be an issue with anyone else but wanted to check. I've tried updating several times over an hour period and still no luck. thanks andy On Aug 18, 8:04=A0pm, "Andrew" <ake...@xhotmailx.com> wrote: > I have about 8 accounts not getting a download via the Online Update tool= .. > I wouldn't think it would be an issue with anyone else but wanted to c...

Folders with "+" character dump some email to Inbox @ update

open hidden file\folder in MFC or C++
hi i trying to open some new folder in my program , i write this function below , but i dont know how to make the folder "dataFile" to be hidden. bool CPoliceDBApp::changeDirectory() { char buffer[MAXSIZE]; if(!_getcwd(buffer,MAXSIZE)) //get now active directory return false; CString path=buffer; path+="\\dataFile"; //declare new directory path _mkdir(path); //build new folder in path if(_chdir(path)) //change active directory return false; return true; } Use SetFileAttributes with FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN -- Regards, Nish [VC++ M...

Public Folders + Hiding
Hi Peeps, I have a bit of a problem with a Public folder I want to hide it the from all uses and then allow only certain users to see it in the list. To do this I would usually go on to the properties of the public folder in ESM, permissions, Client permissions. I would then proceed to set both the Default and Anonymos accounts no access and untick the folder visible box. This I can confirm hides the folder. However when I explicitally add a user to the client permissions and give them editor permissions and make sure the folder is set to visible they cannot see it. The only way around...

copy 2 folder + underline
i recently switched from OE to outlook. 1. when i right click on a message (let's say in "in- box), there is an option for "move to folder", but not one for "copy to folder" which i had in OE. is there a way to add "copy to folder" on that drop down right click thing? 2. in both OE and outlook, when i reply to an email, the underline, bold, and colors options are grayed out. on original emails, they are there and i can use them. is there a way that i can use them on "replys"? thanks eddie a eddiea wrote: > 1. when i right click ...

Exchange+POP delivery folders
Is there a way to set OL2002 Corporate to deliver my Exchange email to one set of folders and my POP email to PSTs? I can specify both accounts under Tools-Email accounts but I can't specify Exchange be delivered to my server mailbox and the POP items to be delivered to a PST. Thanks ZLorca wrote: > Is there a way to set OL2002 Corporate to deliver my Exchange email > to one set of folders and my POP email to PSTs? No - it's one or the other. > > I can specify both accounts under Tools-Email accounts but I can't > specify Exchange be delivered to my server mail...

Import Schedule+ 7.0 into PUBLIC FOLDER
How can I import a Schedule+ 7.0 file (which contains contacts, calendar & to do's) into a folder on our ExchangeServer 2003 so that everyone can read/write share this data? Is it necessary to import it INTO an existing user's account? Everyone is waiting to get into this data.... I sure wish it was Saturday morning and not Monday! Please advise. Micheline mtallant59@yahoo.com "Micheline" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:494401c3e438$ef5b5eb0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > How can I import a Schedule+ 7.0 file (which contains > contacts, ...

Schedule+ Free/Busy Folders
After a site consolidation there are still left over folders for the previous Exchange 5.5 sites that were consolidated into two Exchange 2003 Mixed Admin Groups. After switching to native mode, can these left over folders which are empty and have no replicas be deleted? Just to add, every mailbox now has a legacyexchangedn pointing to just the two remaining Admin Groups Hi, If the folders are empty, have no replicas and the users are not experiencing any problems (related to this) you can delete/remove the folders. Leif "psifur" <psifur@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Edit box should support multi-byte characters using VC++
Using VC++, how can i display multi byte characters like japanese,chineese etc in the MFC control CEdit. Please give me the solution immediately.. It's urgent arunchand_ac@yahoo.co.in wrote in news:1132559542.850821.237340@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Using VC++, how can i display multi byte characters like > japanese,chineese etc in the > MFC control CEdit. Please give me the solution immediately.. It's > urgent 1. Unicode application. Especially if the application is new and small, is the most painless way. 2. You can also work with just Unicode controls, in an AN...

remove 1+ from email?
I'm trying to use outlook with a cell phone/pda combo. When I imported my data from ACT!, Outlook added a 1+ to every number with an area code. This means I can't use those 1400 numbers on my cell phone without editing each one. Is there a way for me to fix this problem ...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar?
I have more than 1024 characters in one cell. I can see the complete text in the formula bar but I cant print it Hi enter some manual linebrekas with ALT+ENTER every 1000 characters -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel 2003" <Excel 2003@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BEDAFD71-FA65-4500-A94D-90F4AAB57BEA@microsoft.com... > I have more than 1024 characters in one cell. I can see the complete text in > the formula bar but I cant print it Actually a cell can only display a maximum of about 1000 characters. It's just a limitati...

Win XP sp2 + Outlook XP - no new email notification (exch 2003
Testing Windows XP sp2 Firewall in "domian" disabled via GPO - and confirmed that it is not enabled on any network interfaces. So - firewall should be "off". Exchange server is 2003/2003 - and is unchanged/untouched. Office is Office XP sp2 and is untouched. All clients except WinXPsp2 clients get instant email notification, sp2 clients do not. Clearly, UDP packets from Exchange are not making it to the client to notify of new email. Clicking a folder/email will force connection and everything works. (eMails get "stuck" in outbox too) This is exactly the ...

Manually creating Schedule+ Free Busy Folders
I received the updatefb tool from MS. It ran correctly and even populated the meeting requests for the users. Unfortunately, it didn't created the Scheduled+ /FreeBusy folder and the users continue to get the following error: "Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. See your administrator" Is there a way to manually create this folder? I will attempt to bring the old serve...

How to delete the folder and its files using VC++
hi this nirub i want the information for deleting the folder and its files... here i attached my code deleting file but i cant delete the folder.. if any of one give me idea for that..... WIN32_FIND_DATA FindFileData; HANDLE hHandle; int complt; char FileName[100]; strcpy(FileName,""); char rpath[]="C:\\Sam"; char Path[]="C:\\Sam\\"; SetCurrentDirectory(Path); hHandle=FindFirstFile("*.*",&FindFileData); if(hHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) MessageBox("Path NotF...

How to copy a file to webDav folder in VC++
I want copy a file from local folder to a webDav folder in My Network Places of WindowsXP. I can drag and drop with mouse to copy it to webDav folder, but can't copy it with copy of Dos or copyFile of VC++. So i want to use the methode of drag and drop in WindowsXP. But I don't known, how can i call it? Which API should i use? Whith head file should i include? thank you very much! berg ...

Schedule+ Free/Busy Folder Issue
This is an outstanding issue on our network that I would like to tackle once and for all. Back in the spring we were running Ex5.5 with Outlook 2000-2002. ALL of our users who used reminders were reporting that SOMETIIMES they were popping up anywhere from 7hrs to 24 hrs late. If at all!. This was happening to about 60% of the time. I checked the system time first, obviously not the problem. Then after some research i found people were reporting the same issue and that it had to do with the reminders being corrupt? a command (which i cannot remember) with a /cleanreminders?? would d...

Changing language via update or trial version + original SN
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello everyone! I know the question is a reccurent one : How to change the UI language since many people buy MS Office in the wrong language or (as me) just prefer it in English?!? * Has someone experienced good result in downloading an update in an other language and installed it with succes? Is it possible? * Has someone tried to install a trial version which he/she upgraded to a full version by entering the SN he/she purchased online/in a retail version of MS Office? Is it only possible? Thank you for your replie...

Sell cvv + dumps + track1/2 + bank login + do transfer...all country !
Hello, i'm seller and i need buyer vip for work together My age 25 From Viet Nam YH: need_buyer_vip Email: need_buyer_vip******.com *** i'm seller ccv..dumps..track 1/2..acc paypal..do transfer..ship..all country*** ----------- List cc i have (100% Good and cheap ) ---------- - COuntry : US + UK + AU + CA + EU ( fr, ger, ita , ireland, spain...more....) + .....more...( contact me to know more ).......... -Type : visa / master / amex / disco / with bin / with dob / with ssn / fullz / - If you buy bulk i will discount for you and i will change if c...

Schedule+ Free Busy folder missing
After migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, I have noticed that Schedule+ Free Busy folder is missing in Public Folderfor one Administrative Group and users belong to this administrative group do not see free/busy information in Outlook 2003. Why is this folder missing while other public folders are available for this administrative group and how do I recreate it? I believe this applies to 2003 also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275171/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Ringo" <Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:605A5361-338C-4CDD-A354-1D06F...