Entourage X database retrieval HELP!

Hi,

I've read other postings of this issue, but no resolution, nor a final
answer for what is/is not possible when it comes to data retrieval.

My Entourage X crashed and will not allow a rebuild (no space on disk)
because 3.92 GB of memory were used out of 4 GB.  I had received
notice of this in the few days leading up to it and promptly deleted
large attached files and other large files.  When I continued to get
the message, I tried the basic rebuild and it failed because of no
available space.  I cannot open my Entourage as it insists that I
rebuild and crashes.  How can I reclaim my database?

Details:
Mac G5
OSX 10.4.11
Entourage X

THanks,

Sean

I ran the Disk Utility and it seems that there is a problem with one
of two hard drives.  I don't think that has any bearing upon this
issue though.
0
MusicMover

On 12/9/09 1:29 PM, in article
1fbb8266-9626-4227-aeda-2a76cf1069f1@f18g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
"MusicMover" <sfmusicmover@gmail.com> wrote:

> My Entourage X crashed and will not allow a rebuild (no space on disk)
> because 3.92 GB of memory were used out of 4 GB.  I had received
> notice of this in the few days leading up to it and promptly deleted
> large attached files and other large files.  When I continued to get
> the message, I tried the basic rebuild and it failed because of no
> available space.  I cannot open my Entourage as it insists that I
> rebuild and crashes.  How can I reclaim my database?

You can buy another drive and install the OS and Office X on it to recover.
I suggest a 500GB drive. I do recovery for clients. If you are interested in
my services contact me off list.

entouragehelp@gmail.com

Prefix your subject with: newsgroup response

For more info on recovering an Entourage X database see:

Rebuilding a damaged database that exceeded size limit

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/09/rebuilding_a_damaged_database_that_e
xceeded_size_limit.html>

In case the above link does not work:

<http://tinyurl.com/4s6qv3>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Please help!
Hello to all! I recently installed CRM 3.0 professional edition on Windows 2003 server standard edition. Now my manager wants to have sample database Adventure Works on the same server. How can I install Adventure works on already installed CRM 3.0 ? Or I have to reinstall whole CRM ? If yes, how can I specify during the installation that I need sample database to be installed ? This is really urgent question, and any help will be highly appreciated! thank you!!! Ozz, The AdventureWorks sample db isn't so much "installed" as it's run. It's an ..exe which you run...

URGENT HELP!! OUs Deleted
We were having issues with CRM and being able to publish and re-installing it has fixed this in the past. This time when I was reinstalling another person went in to AD and deleted all the CRM OUs. They don't have a backup since CRM was installed so I now need to install a new CRM instance. How can I get all my contacts, leads etc over to the new install and keep all the history, notes, etc? I had exported all my changes to xml in the Deployment manager so I have that stuff Thanks. Jason, If you still have the databases, you can recover the data, but it's gonna take some work. ...

VLOOKUP Help 12-30-09
Please bare with me, but I've never used the vlookup function and I'm having difficulties. I have two spread sheets with file numbers in column A. I need to know if the files in spreadsheet two (smaller data set, named "RS2008") are within spreadsheet one (larger data set, named '2008'). If so, I need a "1" populated into spreadsheet one, column U (data in columns B-T). Please help how I would accomplish this task. Thank you! Hi, In U2 of Spread Sheet one, enter the following formula and drag to fill down the column. =IF(ISNUMBER(M...

"File Group Is Full" help!!
I get the following error when I log onto POS. " Error #-2147217900. Could not allocate space for object 'Journal' in database because the "Primary" file group is full" My server has 90Gigs of free space. I set up my database to grow automatically. What do i do? Thanks What version of SQL are you using, MSDE, SQL 2005, etc.? "Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message news:8BCDDCC7-C24C-421C-BF57-3B217088D913@microsoft.com... >I get the following error when I log onto POS. " Error #-2147217900. Could > not allocate space for objec...

Virtual Server Help
I am taking over our Exchange persons job so I am fairly new to the Exchange world. I need help with adding additional SMTP servers. I want to have 4 total 2 in and 2 out. Currently we have 1 total our Exchange is 2003 Ent. I think it is adding virtual servers to accomplish this but i am not 100% sure. Can you point in the right direction to setup my environment this way. I am having a hard time finding documentation on setting up multiple SMTP servers. Thanks in advance. -- Justin Why? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" &...

X Axis:Change Numbers on Chart ? Please Help!
Hello - I'm working on a project and using an Excel Chart for the first time. I need the numbers on the X axis to reflect specific numbers (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, etc.) for a total of 26 different numbers. I cannot change them, and have tried looking up "relabel x axis", "name x axis" etc. Nothing seems to work. All that I can get it to do is go from 1.0 to 26.0 - I can't figure out how to customize the numbers displayed in the x axis of my chart. Can someone please help me with this? I've spent hour...

HELP: how do I convert a list of state codes to written states? Also..
I need an easy way in Excel 2002 to do the following: Convert KY ---> Kentucky and Convert a custom list say ABC ------> Alpha Beta Corp Easily within my spreadsheet. I can't stand doing this manually anymore. If you can help please post your response and I'll get notified by email. THANK YOU I AM VERY GRATEFUL -j ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I can help you with the states, here goes =VLOOKUP(A1,{"AL","...

Smart-shape to dumb-shape? Help with cross functional flow shape?
Greetings! For my purposes, I'd like to use the cross functional shape to build up swimlanes that don't change no mater how or what kind of shape is dropped on them. Using a background page is somewhat inconvenient for my pupose. Can you tell me how to kill the code or events that cause the cross-functional shape to interact with other shapes while leaving its other behaviour intact? (in particular, I don't want other shapes to become attached to a lane nor do I want the lane to change its width) Thanks in advance! The quick solution is to go to Tools > Options > S...

2007 Uninstall- 2005 won't start, &PPC? Go Quicken? >-( HELP!
Moving money 2005 file to new Vista system- decided good time to try Money 2007, right? So I backup 2005 .mny file on separate system, online and on flash. download 2007 and heed the warning that the file created cannot be opened in an older version (not much of a "trial" eh?). Honestly, can't tell that I'm even using a different program. Not inclined to pay $30 for something I can't even discern as new except for the "2007" in the title bar, I uninstall, and reinstall my 2005 onto the system. Get the old unaltered back up file and restore it. Does...

Retrieve File Names in Directories
Can anyone tell me how or if it is possible to start at a particular directory and drill down to all subdirectories and get the names of files and the associated paths of each? I was thinking you can do this with the File System Object within Excel VBA?? If anyone could point me to good web site that covers this, it would be appreciated. I basically want to start at one directory and follow all paths until no more directories. So drill both down and accross. Hopefully I am explaining correctly. Hi SharonM, What do you want to do with them after you get them? Dan At a...

How do I modify a database in Excel 2007?
I can't find a way to add to the range of cells once I've created the database. Can't find a way to delete the database without deleting the contents of all the cells in it. When you say "delete the database", what do you mean other than "deleting the contents of all the cells in it"? Perhaps I don't understand your meaning of the word "database". Or maybe it's the word "delete". When you say "I can't find a way to add to the range of cells once I've created the database", exactly what do you want to...

MS POS] help: payment methods NOT tender menu.
I'm running the 30 day demo of MS POS2.0 and i made some additional payment methods but these additions are not brought up in the tender menu. Only the default payment methods are visible. What went wrong? Have you run a z-report since creating the new tenders? I have no idea if that is going to help in MSPOS, but it would be required in MSRMS... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the ...

Creating an changing scale on x axis for outlying cases
Hi When I plot all my cases on a scatterplot, i get 90% of my cases all bunched up, and 10% way out on the right of the x-axis because they are outliers. The solution is to have the x-axis display a changing scale like the following. But i don't know how to do this. Can anyone help please? 10 20 30 40 50 60 100 200 300 400 Thanks Steve Would a log scale work for you. Double click the x-axis and on the Scale tab specify logarithmic. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Steve BBC UK" <Steve BBC UK@discussions.microsof...

SQL Express database size increases dramatically.
Hi, I am using SQL Express for a small application. I noticed the size of database increases by 10 - 15 folds everyday after database is 350mb+. Usually everyday increase is 2mb per day, but now it is more than 20mb per day. There is no change in operation. Pls suggest if there is any flaw in SQL Express. According to spec of SQL Express, it can be used until 4gb size. But the rate it is increasing now, it will be 4gb in no time. Version I am using is SQL Express 2005. Anyhelp. Regards, Biswa. Biswa, It can be any number of things but it certainly won't be a fault i...

ActiveSyn
We are getting NDR's everytime the server tries to contact the phones via SMS to sync when new items arrive. BUT when I email the phone via SMS from my desktop Outlook, it does go through... same Exchange server in use. Why would we be getting NDR's w/ ActiveSync and not doing it from Outlook? Does Exchange send sms to phones differently than when it sends SMTP email? ...

Conditional number format of x-axis based on value?
With Excel 2007, I was wondering if it is possible to conditionally format the x-axis number format in the chart based on multiple criteria. I know I can do it for a value >x or < the y. But I need to do it for ranges of values. Essentially I want to have any value <1 and > -1 formatted as a % value, any value >1 and <500 or <-1 and >-500 formatted as a number with two decimal places, and any number >500 or <-500 formatted as a number with no decimal places. Using conditional formatting I have done this with the values that are going to be used by the chart a...

how to retrieve sender email address
anybody knows how to retrieve the sender email address from the outlook object model. when using outlook object model from inside vb, the model exposes the 'Sendername' property only, which is the name that the sender opts to be get displayed at the recipients end. Except for Outlook 2003 you don't have that in the Outlook object model. You can get it using CDO 1.21 code but in secure versions of Outlook the code will fire the security prompts. To avoid those you would need to use Redemption code (www.dimastr.com/redemption). For a CDO code sample of getting the sender&#...

how to do an app minimized to do click on system menu X or ALT+F4
How to do an app minimized to do click on system menu X or ALT+F4, ie messenger, babylon, etc.. I want to minimize when click on CLOSE window or ALT+F4. "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:ey2NHwRYDHA.1280@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > If you are asking to minimize your application, you can use > ShowWindow(SW_MINIMIZED) on the main window. > > -- > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > > "Gonzalo Chac�n" <gonzalo.chacon@teletrol.com.ve> wrote in message > news:OA6czeRYDHA.1748@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx...

Converting database from Access 97 to 2003: problems
Hi, I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2003. I am using a workgroup file to secure the database. I have split the database in a front end and a backend. The backend only contains tables. Both databases give problems when trying to convert to an Access 2003. I am describing the conversion of the frontend database. The problem is that i cannot open the tables. This message appears: Reserved error (-1104); there is no message for this error. Explanation of the steps i did. First thing that i did is: started Access 2003 and selected the correct Access 97 workgroup file...

Somebody Please Help
Anyone- We have a server running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4. We have a very simple flat NT4 domain with about 200 Win2k clients and 15 Win2k servers. Recently, Exchange has begun logging the following event repeatedly in the Application Log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Private Event Category: Transfer Out Of Gateway Event ID: 2078 Date: 1/26/2004 Time: 12:12:10 PM User: N/A Computer: blahblahblah Description: Unable to submit, send or transfer out a message. Check PR_RECIPIENT_NUMBER, PR_RECIPIENT_TYPE, PR_REPORT_TIME. Can anybody please help me diagnose this problem?...

HELP! I changed every users' business unit
Hello all I am using CRM 1.2 on Win2K3 Standard. I setup a new business unit and moved every user to the new business unit, including CRM admin. Now I can't login to the Web GUI or Deployment manager because I keep getting Invalid User Auth message and now nothing works. Any ideas please? Please don't tell me reinstall is the only way around it. Besides, doesn't it seem a bit silly that the software allows you to do something this drastic, so easily without any warning? Anyway, I would be grateful for any help you can provide. All the best Cristina Try restarting the Se...

ISAPI DLL Location Help
Hi, looking for some help I've got an ISAPI DLL The same DLL will be used for 2 sites on the same server So I need a configuration file (ini) diferent for each one I'm trying to put this ini file next to the DLL file but I can't figure out how to find the path of the DLL to open the INI file. Is there any way to get the DLL path? Thanks Diego ...

Trouble emailing files HELP!
My OS is XP. I recently switched my mail program to Outlook XP, but now if I right click a file and select "send" my email program does not open. Not such a big deal for most files, just open the email and attach the files, but in My Pictures, if you don't initiate the email there, then you bypass the option to resize the pictures. The only way to send them is to go into Outlook and insert them, then resize manually. I've checked all of my settings that I know how to check and Outlook is designated as my defauly email program. Where do I go from here? I want t...

Entourage settings
Is newest version of Office written in Cocoa yet? And I have tried using both Entourage and Mail at the same time if that is advisable or not I'm not sure. But one of the problems is that System Preferences doesn't handle the mail client, you have to open preferences in Mail. That seems to ignore who sends the mail specifically or the default Address Book. What is going on with these depending on which client is default. Do I run a chance of corrupting files using them both occasionally? "Johnnyjoe" <Johnnyjoe11@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104552010.718433.5...

Entourage and ical sync
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop My Entourage is not syncing my calendar with ical and therefore with my iphone. How can I fix this? On 12/18/09 12:23 PM, in article 59baf5bb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Stevewm44@officeformac.com" <Stevewm44@officeformac.com> wrote: > My Entourage is not syncing my calendar with ical and therefore with my > iphone. How can I fix this? Is Sync Services turned on in Entourage preferences? Try toggling it on/off. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <h...