Entourage Shutting down?

Version: 2008
Email Client: pop

When I was using the trail version of entourage it kept shutting down. Is this bug fixed in the full version? I would like to know before I buy the full version?  <br><br>Thank you.
0
Danny_Parker

--B_3358603290_3346130

On 6/4/10 6:04 PM, in article 59bb963d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Danny_Parker@officeformac.com" <Danny_Parker@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When I was using the trail version of entourage it kept shutting down.

This is not normal behavior in either the trial or the retail version. When
you say shut down, do you mean crash?

--
Diane

--B_3358603290_3346130

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Entourage Shutting down?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12pt=
'>On 6/4/10 6:04 PM, in article <a href=3D"59bb963d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0=
">59bb963d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"Danny_Parker@offic=
eformac.com">Danny_Parker@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"Danny_Park=
er@officeformac.com">Danny_Parker@officeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><=
SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12pt'>When I was using the trail version of entourage =
it kept shutting down.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">=
<SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12pt'><BR>
This is not normal behavior in either the trial or the retail version. When=
 you say shut down, do you mean crash? <BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane </SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3358603290_3346130--

0
Diane
6/6/2010 12:21:26 AM
Yes. completely shut down send the message to microsoft and then it would restart?
0
Danny_Parker

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

not responding on shut down
won't shut down properly--see that the program is not responding in the task manager. win xp, money 2003 standard edition any ideas? How long have you waited? It may just be busy for a long time. "Not responding" in task manager doesn't **necessarily** mean anything besides it's busy and not processing its message queue. "bbf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e201c39e75$21b26ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > won't shut down properly--see that the program is not > responding in the task manager. win xp, money 2003 >...

OL2000 does not shut down
Hi OL2000, fully patched, on XPP, when closing hangs with the "please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits". Can kill OL from task manager. Any ideas? thanks hc ...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Entourage and Time Machine
Time Machine is a breakthrough automatic backup feature that�s built right into Mac OS X Leopard, but for Entourage users it's recommended that you exclude your Identity from Time Machine. There is an alternative for Entourage users using a Folder Action and Automator. The nice thing about this method is it can be used by those still running Tiger and it's free. Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/entourage_and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <ht...

Entourage Database vs Exchange Store, who wins?

How do I shut off making a backup copy of a file when I save in E.
We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. Every time someone saves the file, Excel creates a backup copy of the file in the folder. How do I shut that feature off? options button on the save screen Choose File>Save As At the top right of the Save dialog box, click the Tools button Select General Options Remove the check mark from 'Always create backup' Click OK, click Save Click Yes, to replace the existing file. kboley2004 wrote: > We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. > Every time someone saves the file...

Entourage Auto Spell Checker

Hosted Exchange and Entourage
All - Entourage X, with the Exchange add-on, is an ugly beast. Why Microsoft opted to shaft Mac users with Entourage, I don't know. If I'm right, and doing things right, after configuring the Exchange account in Entourage, it actually does two things: 1) Create an IMAP 4 connection to Exchange, shadowing each folder. This creates a second calendar folder (one in entourage, the other as a subfolder in the IMAP4 store). 2) Uses WebDAV to do calendar integration/interaction. I understand there's no MAPI on the Mac. I do. But this is just UGLY. Two calendar folders, and klugy ...

Entourage 10: Entourage does not connect automatically
Dear All, When switch from Appletalk (for my printer) to DSL Internet access (Ethernet), Entourage (e-mail) does not connect automatically. The workaround is to change to any new site on Explorer, then return to Entourage for my e-mail. I am running Office X for Mac. Explorer 5.2.3 on OS 10.3. Under System Preferences > Network > Built-in Ethernet > PPPoE > PPPoE Options > Session options, "Connect automatically when needed" is checked. Supposedly, Entourage should hook up just as well as Explorer, but it does not. -Tony ...

Add email addresses with domain name in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I added the new 'accounts' in Entourage, and they do NOT function. <br><br>I want to use with Entourage rather than checking email through the browser. On 2/12/10 2:30 PM, in article 59bb2be4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Fellini4c@officeformac.com" <Fellini4c@officeformac.com> wrote: > I added the new 'accounts' in Entourage, and they do NOT function. See this page to get started. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/accounts/index.html#s...

Inputting address on entourage
I'm wanting to input my contacts onto the address book in entourage. My question/ problem is I'm not sure if a couple should be entered as two separate contacts or together, and if together, do I enter both first names in the first name line or enter one in the spouse line. I have two goals ultimately. I would like to be able to print up mailing labels and have them read: John and Susie Smith for example but also be able to list both John and Susie's cell phone numbers and email addresses separately. In addition, it is my understanding that I can sync my iphone with my address ...

Incorrect Inbox total in Entourage compared to Exchange
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have a user that every time Entourage crashes (at least once a week), a block of email will disappear. Whether it be from the in-box or sent items, etc. His archive averages 14 gig. Understanding that is an incredibly high number. After completely removing 08 and reinstalling clean, trying to move some email back up to the server. Not all emails are reaching the exchange server. Sometimes even one email alone will not make it. There is now a discrepancy between the total amount of em...

All my emails are gone from Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi. I thought the issue I have is pretty simple, but somehow I couldn't find similar ones in the forum, so I'm writing this. <br> My issue is all my hotmail emails are gone from Entourage when I opened the application. Everything. I can view the emails online though. The night before I was using it no problem. Now, every email, folder I made, are all gone. The contact on it is still intact. <br> If someone can help me with this, I'll really appreciate it. Thank you!...

entourage #5
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Diane Ross answer: You need to upgrade. Current version is 11.4.1 <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html&gt <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html&gt>; Hi Diane after your reply i have upgraded my entourage and the problem of a window appearing saying: " Mail could not be sent The server account returned the error 5.7.0 error authentication failure. Your user name or security password or settings may be incorrect" still persist, although less consistently. Any other sugges...

Money Shuts down immediately after open
Hi, I am currently using Money 2004. Money was working fine up until last night. The only change I have done is backup up all my files (Money files included) to an external hard drive. At this time I noticed a Money file with a .lrd extension that was on my backup drive but not on my main drive (so I deleted it, would appear to be a mistake!!). Now if I open my .mbf file, Money opens, asks me to restore, asks for my password for my file (which I enter), and then opens with my data for the briefest of time and then the program shuts down, does not freeze, just disappears. If I then t...

Messanger shuts down immediatly after logging on
I open messanger, I type pass, it opens than immediatly completely shuts down (not minimized) Can someone please lead me to a fix here? ...

Is there a downgrade path from Entourage 2008 WS to Entourage 2008?

can't import Entourage 2001 messages in Entourage X for MAC
Hi, I'm importing mail from Entourage 2001 to Entourage X. I select the correct identity folder and importing starts... contacts and mail folders are imported correctly. But these folders are now empty ?! I do not get any error message but for some reason, he skips the mail messages. I tried it over the wireless network. I connected the 2 mac through firewire... no difference. Who can help me ? Thanks, On 1/11/07 4:31 PM, in article 1168561867.354629.46740@i15g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Camiel.Trophy@gmail.com" <Camiel.Trophy@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'm impo...

Reverting to Entourage 2004 from Entourage 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I should like to revert to using Office 2004 instead of Office 2008 which I find slow and complicated. Both programmes are installed on my computer. To remove Office 2008 I need to move from Entourage 2008 to Entourage 2004. How do I do that please? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342438269_1163206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-enco...

Entourage 2004 printing problems
Does anyone know how to stop all the recipients appearing when printing emails in Entourage 2004. Thanks ...