Entourage is losing my emails sent to brand-new webmail account

Mac OS X ver 10.5.8, 2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, Microsoft Entourage

I just created a couple of email accounts for a new domain I needed for my
business. It's very weird, as I can send emails from the webmail site; I can
send and reply from and to my gmail account; but when I try to send an email
from Entourage using my day-to-day email account to this new email account,
it simply disappears. Never arrives, no error message, nothing. I tried
sending an email to the other account I just created and behaves exactly the
same way. My friend is experiencing exactly the same problem using MS Outlook.
.. is this another Microsoft thing I don't know about? Thanks for your help!

0
joseangelmty

On 3/18/10 5:05 PM, joseangelmty wrote:
> I just created a couple of email accounts for a new domain I needed for my
> business. It's very weird, as I can send emails from the webmail site; I can
> send and reply from and to my gmail account; but when I try to send an email
> from Entourage using my day-to-day email account to this new email account,
> it simply disappears. Never arrives, no error message, nothing. I tried
> sending an email to the other account I just created and behaves exactly the
> same way. My friend is experiencing exactly the same problem using MS Outlook.
> . is this another Microsoft thing I don't know about? Thanks for your help!

Are the messages viewable using your web interface to your account? BTW,
who is your provider for the problem account.

I've been on mailing lists where I never saw any of my messages I sent
to the list, but others would see them. I found out it was my ISP that
thought this was 'helpful' behavior. I changed addresses and I was able
to see if my messages actually made it to the list.

Note: In the future provide your version info for Entourage. eg.
Entourage 2008 12.2.4.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

Diane Ross wrote:
>> I just created a couple of email accounts for a new domain I needed for my
>> business. It's very weird, as I can send emails from the webmail site; I can
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>> same way. My friend is experiencing exactly the same problem using MS Outlook.
>> . is this another Microsoft thing I don't know about? Thanks for your help!
>
>Are the messages viewable using your web interface to your account? BTW,
>who is your provider for the problem account.
>
>I've been on mailing lists where I never saw any of my messages I sent
>to the list, but others would see them. I found out it was my ISP that
>thought this was 'helpful' behavior. I changed addresses and I was able
>to see if my messages actually made it to the list.
>
>Note: In the future provide your version info for Entourage. eg.
>Entourage 2008 12.2.4.

0
joseangelmty
3/19/2010 12:30:33 AM
On 3/18/10 5:30 PM, joseangelmty wrote:
> Entourage 2008 ver 12.0.0

IMPORTANT! Upgrade now!

Install 12.1.0 SP1
Install 12.2.3
Install 12.2.4

Steps to update Office after installing from DVD
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/update_steps.html>

It's possible this will fix your issue.

> Thank you Diane. No, they are not viewable if I send them from Entourage. If
> I send a message to this account from anywhere else, I will be able of seeing
> it both in the webmail site and in Entourage (after it is downloaded from the
> pop server of course). But if I initiate the message from Entourage, from any
> account, to this new account, it never arrives. The webmail is provided by
> networksolutions. I've used their webmail before but this is the first time I
> have problems and looks like MS Outlook behaves exactly the same way with
> these new accounts I created.

Does Entourage indicate it sent the message?

If you send from anywhere else, do you get a bounce message?

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
0
Diane

Choose what email to use when sending email!!!
I've got SBS2003 set up and working. Pop3 connector is donwloading my email from my 2 email domain without any problems (@domain1.com and @domain2.com). Now what can I do to choose what email to use when sending email??? Please help me Cyril ...

Bug when using the -NameSpace parameter in New-WebServiceProxy?
######### THE PROBLEM ######### When I create a webservice connection with powershell 2.0, and add a namespace the script only executes one time. Code example: --- $newWebService = New-WebServiceProxy -uri "http://<server>/webservices/services.php?wsdl" -NameSpace "Service" $newService = New-Object Service.serviceInput $newService .Title = "this is a new service" $newService .Desc = "this is the description of the service" $newWebService.createService($newService) ---- This code would run the 1st time, and the second time...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

How to find number of emails sent by a user in a day?
Howdy, I would like to create run some statistics on the usage patterns. Is there a way to compute the number of emails send by each user in a day? We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep You'd need 3rd party reporting tools like Prodomag, Quest MessageStats, et al. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Pradeep" <pradeep@tapadiya.net> wrote in message news:1136329662.378227.28230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Howdy, > > I woul...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

Email redirection
I am using Exchange 2003 and would like to be able to direct email from a particular domain to folders I have on my exchange server. For example, if I had a folder named Tom, I would want to see all email from tom.com or email sent to tom.com copied to the folder named Tom regardless of who sent the email. Is there an easy way to accomplish this. On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:45:02 -0800, "brellim" <brellim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Exchange 2003 and would like to be able to direct email from a >particular domain to folders I have on my exchange serv...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Error uploading new report
I got an error in uploading new report, can somebody help me? I tried to copy the existing report and create a new one from this copy, however I still get this error. I tried to find the web.config to turn on DevErrors in the CRM root directory but it wasn't there. Oh yeah by the way, I use SQL Server 2000 in the server machine and I install the Visual Studio .NET 2005 and the Reporting Services 2005 Developer Edition in the client machine for development purpose. Can somebody help me so that a new report can be uploaded to CRM 3.0 from a specific file path? Thanks a lot. Erick ...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Display email address instead of "friendly name"
Greetings. I'm using Outlook 2003; Exchange is my mail server. Not sure of the version. Is there any way to have Outlook display an email address in the To and >From fields of a sent or received message instead of the "friendly" First Name Last Name? The "friendly name" is of no use to me in that I don't know what company the email is coming from unless I can see the email's domain of origin. I don't need the sender's/receiver's name to display; I need their email address. Thanks for your attention. Jeff The sender controls that, not the rec...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

deleted emails were not send to "Deleted Items"
Dear all, I use Outlook 2002 SP2 and WIN XP 5.1 Problem: When I delete an email from my Inbox Outlook asks me to delete the email permanently. There is no chance to teach Outlook, that it should move the email to the "Deleted Items" folder. What I'd like to have is that Outlook sends the deleted emails to the "Deleted Items" folder by default. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks. Best Regards Werner "Werner Rohrmoser" <werner-rohrmoser@hotmail.de> wrote in message news:1135845311.813466.147270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > >...

Lag time when creating a new mailbox
I recently took over as Network Admin for a company who has two main sites, each with an Exchange Server (running 2003 SP1). The sites are connected via a frame relay. I had a user that had already had an account created, however she hadn't been given an Exchange mailbox. So yesterday I went in and created a mailbox for her. It took several hours for her email addresses to populate within Active Directory and for her mailbox to show up in System Manager. I spoke with one of the other IT guys and he said that's normal -- that sometimes it's created within minutes and oth...

Transfers of Money between money accounts
When you do that, how exactly do you treat this (expense? and what expense?)from the account where the money is sitting and the account where the money goes to? (Income? what kind of Income?) Thanks you. You would use Transfer To:<name of other account>. This would automatically enter the other side of the transaction in that other account so you don't need to enter it twice. -Jeff "diego" <diego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3933537-5346-42AE-837C-CFF761D509FF@microsoft.com... > When you do that, how exactly do you treat this (expen...

Email reminders in CRM
Is it possible to set up email reminders in CRM if you are not using the Outlook client? I am using the CRM 3.0 web client and I need to send out emails when I get certain information about certain clients. 1 week later I need to email the same people again with another document, and a week after that another document. Any help would be appreciated. You should look at workflows or sales processes - if it's related to an opportunity. Both allows you to automatically create the appropriate activities for you and you can also send an email to yourself - or the owner of the record. W...

Tracking an email <<advanced>>
Hello Everyone, I have just received a request to find out the path an email sent by our President took. She sent it out to everyone in the company and they want to know what everyone did with that email. eg - forwared it outside of the company or whatever....I have message tracking on and have the logs I need but it doesn't give me an option to track by subject. Only ID or sender....Ant suggestions would be appreciated. Chris You could use logparser to query the message tracking logs based on the message subject. Logparser is a cool tool from MS that is free to download and use.... s...

Rules Wizard and default account
Any help is really appreciated! I have 2 seperate accounts running in outlook 2002 (i do not have exchange running) Account A is set as default. I have written a rule wizard that says " having sent an email from specified account (A) using specific form type (message), cc email to ( an email account) and move to specific file (account A sent box) This works ok. however if I have account B as the default account, then the rule fails to work for Account A (confusing eh!) I need to set this wizard up on both accounts as seperate rules as the move command will require sending the ...

cached email addresses
I'm using OL 2003 but I think this is the same for earlier versions. When typing the first few letters of an email address in a new message, OL tries to guess the rest of the name. Years ago when I used Netscape for mail, the system would list all the possible guesses until the guess was unique. With OL, I'm not sure how the algorithm works. As best I can tell, the guesses a cached, with priority on recent uses that may not even be in my address book. However, often times I want to see all the choices, and I know there are other potential matches in my address book from which I wa...

Can someone email me tom.h
I can't find the header file tom.h anywhere!!! It would look like I have to do a big download from the Microsoft site for the platform SDK which would take ages (I'm only on 56K modem!). Can someone email it to me at: adriangibbons@yahoo.co.uk ? Regards, Adrian. Steve.h and joe.h to follow... WTH "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OckNyLyPDHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Done. > > -- > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > > "Adrian Gibbons" <adriangibbons@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in messag...

Auto Delete Exchange Emails
Hi All Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as there inboxes have been deleted) and I would like to get rid of it Thanks in advance Richard richard.grover@imagefast.co.uk (Frog) wrote in news:8ab030b7.0411040706.38ad0057@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based > on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get > lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as ...

Losing CR/LF
If this is not right place to ask this type of question my apologise and please point me to the appropiate place. So of our product descriptions have data enter as: Product descption line etc etc... More product descrption taking up several lines... 1.blah blah 2.blah blah This displays properly in CRM and when using the data in a Crystal report. However I'm trying to use SQL Reporting and the carriage return line feeds are being stripped and it's showing on the report as a single line. Anyway around this? Thanks in advance John Just bumping this to see if anyone has any...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

what is the url for yahoo or sbcglobal email
If you're trying to use HTTP mail support to get those mail types, you can't since it only works for Hotmail/MSN. If you're looking for the POP3/SMTP (incoming/outgoing mail) hosts, that's different "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3A60BC6-B7C7-4401-803D-2C0571B0F7CF@microsoft.com... > ...

emails #4
I cannot get rid of receiving nearly 100 emails a day.They take me ages to delete what can I do to stop this . If you're getting e-mails that you don't want, like on mailing lists then at the bottom of the e-mail there should be the option to Unsubscribe from the list. Do this for all the ones you can and in theory you won't be sent any more from them. If there is not that option then you can set up rules in Outlook, for example you could set one that if you receive a message from xxx@qwerty.com then it will be deleted straight away. Etc.. Hope that helps a little Regards Ash....

Missing Emails/ Duplicate emails
Some of our user's are receving dup emails and some users receive email without any text. What gives? "AJ" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Some of our user's are receving dup emails and some users receive email >without any text. What gives? Could be a precursor to getting a lot of spam. :) Empty messages from unknown senders can be a probe of you system to locate working mailboxes. So could the duplicate mail, especially if it's junk. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...