Entourage IMAP or Gmail - which is bad here?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

0
Doug_Lerner

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Auto Archive and IMAP
Auto-archive does not work properly with IMAP accounts. I have multiple folder in an IMAP account. I have set every folder to archive when messages are a month old but nothing seems to happen. I have changed the view on one of the folders so I can see the created, modified and received dates. I have many messages where all three dates are before 7/2/2004 and even if I manually tell it to archive all message before 7/4/2004 nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this or can someone confirm this is a bug rather than some configuration problem? Ian. ...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

information about bad debtors
Can someone give me examples about the best way to implement the possibility to follow the evolution of our bad debtors situation. for the moment we receive a excel sheet with the amount of the debts and some comments. How is it possible to integer these informations into the CRM and to update it easily. Thanks in advance for your help or if you can give me your example of the way you manage these kind of informations. Regards Didier Instead of using an excel spreadsheet, you could create a db for the data and then create a custom page within crm to pull the data for the account. In ad...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Outlook 2003: Unable to access IMAP folder
Hi, I've recently updated my WindowsXP prof. with these security updates KB835732, KB828741, KB837001,Q831167 KB837009(Outlook Express) Now Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) is unable to access the IMAP folder. All the IMAP specific settings that I entered in Outlook are correct. Internet connection is established. When I right click on Inbox of the IMAP folder and select IMAP folder... from the menu I get this error: "Connection with server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connect to finish this process." Any ideas how to troubleshoot? TIA Bodo Can you telnet into the...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Why can't I export "Distribution list" Ms outlook 2003? import Gmail
I am trying to export "Distribution list" contacts, in order to import to gmail. I found info on the web how to do that in different ways. The problem is I am able to export my normal contacts, but contacts in my "Distribution list" do not appear in my exported file? how can this be done? I tried the csv, pst and txt and excel method, but non of them give me my contacts found in "distribution list". any idea? thanks. It can't be done. DL's have never survived exporting and importing and never will. -- Russ Valentine "lbbss&qu...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

IMAP with Outlook 2003 Data Files Problem
Hi, when setting up an IMAP connection with Outlook 2003 the application does not let one select where to store the files related to the account. It is possible to define a "Mail delivery" data file... but no email go into that one. One can also try to move the *.pst file out of "C:\Documents and Settings\%ProfileName%\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook". But when one opens Outlook 2003 again it will recreate a new file at the old location "C:\Docs & Settings... etc." instead of somewhere else. Any ideas? Outlook Express does it so why not Outlook?. It i...

Purge items marked fro deletion on IMAP folders
Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for deletion. To fully delete them a manually click of 'Purge deleted messages' is required. Is there a way to purge automatically? Alan Not in Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, Alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for | deletion. To...

Entourage Database vs Exchange Store, who wins?

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Entourage and Time Machine
Time Machine is a breakthrough automatic backup feature that�s built right into Mac OS X Leopard, but for Entourage users it's recommended that you exclude your Identity from Time Machine. There is an alternative for Entourage users using a Folder Action and Automator. The nice thing about this method is it can be used by those still running Tiger and it's free. Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/entourage_and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <ht...

Hosted Exchange and Entourage
All - Entourage X, with the Exchange add-on, is an ugly beast. Why Microsoft opted to shaft Mac users with Entourage, I don't know. If I'm right, and doing things right, after configuring the Exchange account in Entourage, it actually does two things: 1) Create an IMAP 4 connection to Exchange, shadowing each folder. This creates a second calendar folder (one in entourage, the other as a subfolder in the IMAP4 store). 2) Uses WebDAV to do calendar integration/interaction. I understand there's no MAPI on the Mac. I do. But this is just UGLY. Two calendar folders, and klugy ...

Entourage Auto Spell Checker

Outlook 2003 IMAP Compatability
I'm running Outlook 2003 with my email server setup to use IMAP. Microsoft claims this program is fully IMAP compatible, however, all of my sent items must be stored in a PST and I have not found a way to even run the program without a PST on my local computer. Which defeats the purpose of IMAP because if I log in at home I cannot see messages I have sent from work unless I VPN and map networked drives but this is not always available as a service. In Outlook 2k you could specify whether to keep your sent items, drafts, etc. on the local system or in an IMAP folder. I cannot fin...

Add email addresses with domain name in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I added the new 'accounts' in Entourage, and they do NOT function. <br><br>I want to use with Entourage rather than checking email through the browser. On 2/12/10 2:30 PM, in article 59bb2be4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Fellini4c@officeformac.com" <Fellini4c@officeformac.com> wrote: > I added the new 'accounts' in Entourage, and they do NOT function. See this page to get started. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/accounts/index.html#s...

Exchange 2003 IMAP Login fails
Hi I'm running Exchange Server on Windows 2003 Small Business Server and have a problem when trying to log on to the IMAP4 server. I successfully connect to the server via telnet but after login I get the following Error message: a001 login mydomain\ss\stefan.strobl mypasswd a001 BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found". I can't see the syntax mistake. Please help. >From what I've read, the general form for fo log in is: ? login <Domain>\<UserAccount>\<ExchangeAlias> <Password> Now I'm not sure what my Exchange Alias is...? (My em...

Entourage 10: Entourage does not connect automatically
Dear All, When switch from Appletalk (for my printer) to DSL Internet access (Ethernet), Entourage (e-mail) does not connect automatically. The workaround is to change to any new site on Explorer, then return to Entourage for my e-mail. I am running Office X for Mac. Explorer 5.2.3 on OS 10.3. Under System Preferences > Network > Built-in Ethernet > PPPoE > PPPoE Options > Session options, "Connect automatically when needed" is checked. Supposedly, Entourage should hook up just as well as Explorer, but it does not. -Tony ...

Incorrect Inbox total in Entourage compared to Exchange
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have a user that every time Entourage crashes (at least once a week), a block of email will disappear. Whether it be from the in-box or sent items, etc. His archive averages 14 gig. Understanding that is an incredibly high number. After completely removing 08 and reinstalling clean, trying to move some email back up to the server. Not all emails are reaching the exchange server. Sometimes even one email alone will not make it. There is now a discrepancy between the total amount of em...

IMAP Mail Issue
We are using IMAP mail and Outlook will lock and wait to download any mail I highlight. Any ideas? ...

Inputting address on entourage
I'm wanting to input my contacts onto the address book in entourage. My question/ problem is I'm not sure if a couple should be entered as two separate contacts or together, and if together, do I enter both first names in the first name line or enter one in the spouse line. I have two goals ultimately. I would like to be able to print up mailing labels and have them read: John and Susie Smith for example but also be able to list both John and Susie's cell phone numbers and email addresses separately. In addition, it is my understanding that I can sync my iphone with my address ...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgMTMzMDI=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

All my emails are gone from Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi. I thought the issue I have is pretty simple, but somehow I couldn't find similar ones in the forum, so I'm writing this. <br> My issue is all my hotmail emails are gone from Entourage when I opened the application. Everything. I can view the emails online though. The night before I was using it no problem. Now, every email, folder I made, are all gone. The contact on it is still intact. <br> If someone can help me with this, I'll really appreciate it. Thank you!...