Dan
0
dev

On 1/26/10 1:25 PM, dev@officeformac.com wrote:

> I have a public folder (On Exchange Server 2003) set up with a calendar
> in the folder for scheduling. On the calendar I have an email address
> attached. Then I have that address forwarding to the department head and
> a copy to the folder for approval. When we sent a meeting request from
> outlook to the address it shows up in the personal calendar and the
> public folder calendar. When view through outlook you see it in the
> public folder and the personal calendar and all looks great, but when
> you view the public folder calendar in entourage you only see the
> meeting request in the personal calendar and not via public folders in
> entourage.

This may be a behavioral issue with WebDAV, which is the protocol
Entourage 2008 is using to connect to your public folders server.

Outlook Web Access (OWA) also uses WebDAV. If you log in to your account
using OWA and look at the calendar there in the public folders, do you
see the event? If not, then Entourage will not display it.

You may want to post this question in the
microsoft.public.exchange.admin newsgroup as well to see if some of the
Exchange Server experts there can give you some insight.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
1/31/2010 5:42:33 PM
Dan
0
dev

Delegating Contact control that allows Exchange Properties control
I've created an OU for Contacts. All of the contacts are mail enabled so that I can see them from outlook. I want to give control of these contacts to another. I've created a MMC view for just this OU for the user. No matter how I delegate control, the user only has access to the contact portion of the contact properties. They aren't able to make changes (or even see) the exchange properties. They also aren't prompted for e-mail / exchange info when creating a new user. I'm assuming that some additional Exchange security is required here, but I want it to be as l...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Multiple Exchange servers on single domain, splitting users.
Hi Guys. We have an existing Exchange 2k3 site that is going through some expansion. We are looking at setting up a second system to allow access for affiliates to POP3 to. We woul like to keep the POP3 email addresses and internet access separate to the LAN users. However, they would all have email addresses at the same .com domain. Can we push certain user's mail to a 2nd Exchange server (via a LAN)? We are trying to separate the POP3 users and the lan users internet access, for bandwith reasons. Our idea is that all domain email comes into server A via Internet connection1. Lan user&...

Exchange and AD Sites
Hi, New to exchange. Can someone please tell me what are the issues, if any, of incorporating Exchange 2003 into AD with respect to AD sites. Are there certain things due to inter-site replication I should plan for? Is there anything I can read in regard to this as our domain has 3 AD sites and was just wondering. Thanks "Rav" <ravburano@hotmail.com> wrote: >New to exchange. Can someone please tell me what are the issues, if any, of >incorporating Exchange 2003 into AD with respect to AD sites. None. >Are there >certain things due to inter-site replication I...

SMTP from desktop and bypass Exchange Server...?
This is branching off from my post below about 'Cannot send to Hotmail or MSN'. Since users are pop/smtp from the desktop (outlook 2003) for domain based email is there a way to have these messages bypass the Exchange (2003) server's SMTP queue? We have internal DNS running but not with registered domains...the ISP's router takes care of most everything and they do host our 'external' and registered domain. Apparently when a reverse lookup is performed on our outgoing mail other servers are seeing my Exchange servers stamp and not receiving mail from us. Thoug...

Exchange setup
When I try to install the exchange router I get an error message of 2755 and tells me that setup has failed. Any Ideas? ...

Exchange 2003 Reporting #2
Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to pull / run some sort of report in Exchange 2003 that can tell me if someone is a delegate of someone else's inbox, etc? I really need to clean this up. Thank You. Any help is greatly appreciated! http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/09/listing_which_e.html Right there should be what you are looking for. "CraigR" wrote: > Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to pull / run some sort of report in > Exchange 2003 that can tell me if someone is a delegate of someone else's > inbox, etc? > > I reall...

How can I delete items based on date and folders in my users mailbox?
I'd like to schedule a maintenance procedure which will delete the content of the "Junk Email" and "Deleted Items" folders in my users mailbox. I would like to delete those items that are older than a certain number of days. Is it possible to schedule this on an Exchange server? Thanks in advance1 Look at using a Mailbox Manager policy to do this. Exchange 5.5, Mailbox Manager is an add-on. I believe it's available post SP2. Exchange 2000/2003 - create a new recipient policy of type Mailbox Manager. I'd encourage you to set it to run a report first ...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Exchange Rules?
Ok folks, I am a webmaster, not an Exchange Admin; I am helping the Exchange (2003) admin with an upcoming situation, so please bear with me: We have an off-the-shelf Bulletin Board package that has the common feature of Mailing Lists to which users can subscribe. When a new post to a particular discussion thread occurs, the new post is sent to the subscribers' email address(es). When the system is implemented, each user will have 2 email addresses; 1 for a secured network, and one regular (public) email address, both of which will need to be contacted when new posts occur. T...

Uninstall Exchange 2003 #2
Hi, I have a small network environment under DC, Server 2K3. Email server is Exchange 2003 on a single member server. For some reason, I need to uninstall Exchange on that same server and reinstall it again. Any detailed How-To guide, especially about: 1 - Deleting mailboxes. 2 - Restoring storage group (already backed-up using ntbackup utility) after fresh installation is complete. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks Yba My first question is why the Uninstall? Secondly, if you are going to do this then you will need a temporary server or beefy pc. Basically the steps are: 1. I...

Nasty skew between Exchange cache and server #2
Hi! Because of some problems we were having with our Exchange server, my cache (Cached Exchange Mode) and the server are now seriously skewed. For example, on the server one of my folders has 106 messages but in the cache there are 116. On the server, my inbox has 19 messages, 5 of which are unread. In the cases, there are no messages in my Inbox. Unfortunately, the cache is RIGHT and the server is WRONG. So, deleting my .OST cache file and re-synching won't do me any good since in the end I'll lose valid messages. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks! --- tom tom@ytram.com ...

CRM 1.2
Does anyone know if there is any special setup to make Exchange to work with POP3 AND support CRM emails? Thanks in advance CRM does not currently support POP3 email. It will only work with inbound SMTP traffic on your Exchange server. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:48:09 -0300, "J Edu Campos" <jeducampos@uol.com.br> wrote: Does anyone know if there is any special setup to make Exchange to work with POP3 AND support CRM emails? Thanks in advance ...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Outside email to public folder (Exchage 5.5)
Exchange 5.5 I created a public folder that users within my organization can send email to without issue. However, I also need this folder to be able to recieve email from outside of my organization, but at this time, it cannot. In fact, I tried to send an email from my home account and it was returned undeliverable. I know this can be done because we are doing it with other folders, but it has been a long time since I had to set up a folder this way, and I am pulling a blank as to how to do it. Can someone give me a heads up? Set the Anonymous role on the PF to "Contributor". Tha...

Reconnect Exchange 2003 to a rebuild domain
Hi all, There is only 1 2003 DC on the network called Server1 and Exchange 2003 another server called Server2. Due to hardware problem, server1 die and unable to recover from backup. Therefore AD information is lost and a new domain (with the same domain name) need to be setup. Previous user accounts that was in the old box need to be recreated. How should I go about reconnecting Exchange 2003 mailboxes to these accounts and what about public folder?? Do I need to rebuild exchange?? Thanks your help in advance. Mei ...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Cannot move emails between folders

which exchange is right for me???
I'm not sure really what the big difference between Exchange 2003 enterprise and standard. I have 500 users and won't grow much more than that maybe to 750 in 4 years. My largest pst file now with my current non-MSFT mail server is almost 2 GB. I'm assuming that standard is enough for me. 16 GB is what standard allows for each mailbox (pst or whatever it's called now), is that correct. I don't think I'll ever need to cluster anything so I think standard is the way to go, but I'm not sure....the price difference is about 4,000 dollars so I think I should know if I de...

OWA or ESM access to Sent Items folder size?
I have a number of users who hoard Sent Items, especially ones with large attachments. As a result I am running 15.8 Gb on the e:mail store (no SP2 yet). I would like to spank the offending users a bit, but I want to make sure I spank the right users. So, is there any way, without actually going to their machine and working in Outlook, to verify the size of their Sent Items folder? OWA seems to not show any kind of size info, and ESM only seems to show the whole mailbox. Crossed fingers that there is an answer here. Thanks, Gordon "Gordon Price" <GordonPrice@discussions.m...

Configuring Ms Exchange 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6C6C8.45D16EF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What I must do in order to configure Exchange 2003 Stadnrd Edition in = Windows 2003 Standard. what are the steps to put the exchange server to send and receive = emails. I've been told that create a MX and A record in the DNS, but I would = like to have more explanation, so i can be sure is properly done by = myself. Sincerely, Rafael ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6C6C8.45D16EF0 Content-Type: te...

Can't Change rights in Public Folders
Something has happened to some of my public folders. I am no longer the "owner", instead just a "Publishing Editor". I can't change it. I used the program Pvdavadmin which has worked in the past, but no luck this time. When I try to make changes to rights, I get: "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Undetermined entity type could not be inserted. Type: WellKnownGroup. SID: S-1-5-2"...

MSCRM and SMTP: no exchange needed?
Hi For a CRM-implementation we do need the program to be able to send out e-mails, but we prefer not to install exchange. Is there a possibility to archieve this We've tried to set up a SMTP server, but I wonder how mscrm would know that it should use that service instead of exchange. Right now i do get this error: mscrm key was not found in the registry. I do know that this is solved by installing exchange, but maybe there is a solution to not use that program Does anybody has a clue Edwin Jongsma ------=_NextPart_0001_C167B05E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ...

Outlook express client for Exchange 5.5
Please help. Hope someone out there has run into this before and can help me out. First of all, our Exchange Server 5.5 is working properly within our small business for retrieving email and sending outgoing SMTP messages. Before I go on, will Outlook express work with Exchange server? I need to be able to use it for POP3 and IMAP for mail. I've just recently taken over IT Duties at a company that's running a NT4PDC Srp6 Box with Exchange 5.5sp5. I would like to connect my Outlook express mail client at home to retrieve email through my work exchange 5.5. But, I don't know the na...

"Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file"
I made a back up copy of my outlook to a cd. Now I am trying top import/add from the back up to another computer. I moved the file from the cd to the new computer and trying to import from there. It doesn't allow me to do so and gives me this error message: "Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file". Can anybody help me with that, PLEASE?!?!?!?!? I think the root cause should be the name of "outlook.pst", you know ,the outlook account is sorted by your username,and its datafile, the *.pst eexactly ,should work in your account,rename the "outlook.pst" ...