Entourage Database vs Exchange Store, who wins?

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

0
dradunsky

<dradunsky@officeformac.com> wrote:

> After this we did an Offline defag of the Exchange database.
> in size as much as we would have thought.

Did you then rebuild the Entourage database to regain the space??
(hold the Option key down as you launch the application).

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen
<dradunsky@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Corentin, <br><br>Yes.  We did compact and repairs of the Entourage
> database, after the offline defrag of the store. <br><br>Thanks.

Weird then. The only thing I could think of is a problem with the
exchange cache.
You might need to purge it (in the property panel after you ctrl-click
the root of the exchange account in the list of folders on the left in
e-mail view).
You might also have to recompact after Entourage is done reloading all
the e-mails :-\

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen
12/23/2009 6:40:00 PM
On 12/23/09 6:40 AM, in article 59bafa9f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"dradunsky@officeformac.com" <dradunsky@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Neither the Exchange nor Entourage databases seemed to decrease in size as
> much as we would have thought.

I would create a new Identity in Entourage, add the account info and let the
new Identity sync to the server.
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Moving from OL2000 on WinMe to OL2003 on Win XPpro
Any ideas as to hou to go about this. Tried moving with STOMP BackupMyPC with no results. John Garvey <john@myoderm.com> wrote: > Any ideas as to hou to go about this. Tried moving with > STOMP BackupMyPC with no results. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

exchange/smtp perfmon coutners
I need to generate a report on the total amount of email that is processed by our Exchange server on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Can you recommend any perfmon counters I should use for this task? Thanks. ...

master and msdb Database Restore
If and why we need to backup master and msdb Database for restoring MS-CRM? thanks in advance Master and msdb are both changed when CRM is installed (logins are added to master, and a few jobs are added to msdb), but should not subsequently change (other than job history in msdb) due to CRM activity. Therefore as a minimum I'd recommend backing them both up after the CRM install, and after any other changes (non-CRM related). As for restoring, you should only need to restore them if the whole SQL server needs to be restored Hope this helps "MaxF." wrote: > If and why...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Will Outlook 2000 work with Exchange 2003
We are currently running Outlook 2000 clients on all workstations, and an Exchange 5.5 back-end. We are going to be migrating to Exchange 2003. Will Outlook 2000 connect correctly to Exchange 2003 mailboxes? We would prefer to handle the Outlook upgrade seperately from the Exchange upgrade to minimize the impact on the users. Thanks, Heather. Heather <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Will Outlook 2000 connect correctly to Exchange 2003 > mailboxes? I don't see why not. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rap...

creating a database in 2000
would it be possible for me to create a database in 2000 and then install it onto a computer that only holds Access 97. if posisble how would i go about this, regards Clay, If your intent is to have Access 97 open/run the Access 2000 database, no this cannot be done. To open/run an Access 2000 database requires having Access 2000 or 2002 (or a runtime installation of either) installed on the computer. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "CLAY" <BUSIHARV@livjm.ac.uk> wrote in message news:0f1c01c38bef$a47dd360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > would it be possible f...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

CRM 1.2
Does anyone know if there is any special setup to make Exchange to work with POP3 AND support CRM emails? Thanks in advance CRM does not currently support POP3 email. It will only work with inbound SMTP traffic on your Exchange server. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:48:09 -0300, "J Edu Campos" <jeducampos@uol.com.br> wrote: Does anyone know if there is any special setup to make Exchange to work with POP3 AND support CRM emails? Thanks in advance ...

Nasty skew between Exchange cache and server #2
Hi! Because of some problems we were having with our Exchange server, my cache (Cached Exchange Mode) and the server are now seriously skewed. For example, on the server one of my folders has 106 messages but in the cache there are 116. On the server, my inbox has 19 messages, 5 of which are unread. In the cases, there are no messages in my Inbox. Unfortunately, the cache is RIGHT and the server is WRONG. So, deleting my .OST cache file and re-synching won't do me any good since in the end I'll lose valid messages. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks! --- tom tom@ytram.com ...

Uninstall Exchange 2003 #2
Hi, I have a small network environment under DC, Server 2K3. Email server is Exchange 2003 on a single member server. For some reason, I need to uninstall Exchange on that same server and reinstall it again. Any detailed How-To guide, especially about: 1 - Deleting mailboxes. 2 - Restoring storage group (already backed-up using ntbackup utility) after fresh installation is complete. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks Yba My first question is why the Uninstall? Secondly, if you are going to do this then you will need a temporary server or beefy pc. Basically the steps are: 1. I...

Win 2008 x64 hangs up installing KB970430
I have an hyper-v virtual server (win 2008 x64 enterprise) with iis and multiple ip addresses. After installing the following updates: KB970430 KB971737 KB973917 KB890830 the system stop during reboot (the screen keeps showing update 0% 3/3). I tried to restart a clean backup copy of the virtual machine and tried to reinstall the updates and find out that I got the same problem with KB970430 only. Stopping the machine and restarting it in safe-mode, installation completes but starting again, several services do not start, I can't open internet explorer, network properties...

Help designing this database
What would be the best way to design this database with multipletables and all tables have a common similarities:TABLES (divided by type of allegations):investigation referralsanonymous tipsstaff referralspattern claimseligibility reviewdocument requestfalse injury allegationsALL above tables will have these controls:Client#First nameLast nameeach client# can also have multiple claims (claim#). The tables abovecould have the same client# w/same claim#.I was thinking of creating a separate table calling it CLIENT TABLEthat will hold all the client#, first name, and last name. Client# isthe uniq...

Reconnect Exchange 2003 to a rebuild domain
Hi all, There is only 1 2003 DC on the network called Server1 and Exchange 2003 another server called Server2. Due to hardware problem, server1 die and unable to recover from backup. Therefore AD information is lost and a new domain (with the same domain name) need to be setup. Previous user accounts that was in the old box need to be recreated. How should I go about reconnecting Exchange 2003 mailboxes to these accounts and what about public folder?? Do I need to rebuild exchange?? Thanks your help in advance. Mei ...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Exchnage 2010 mailbox database name
Hello all I recently setup a 2010 Mailbox server role, why is the default name of a 2010 mailbox database contain numbers? example "mailbox database 1996178628" Change it to whatever you want. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message news:edh1brO1KHA.364@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all > > I recently setup a 2010 Mailbox server role, why is the default name of a > 2010 mailbox database contain numbers? example "mailb...

Plae Help urgent! Recover exchange in a new active directory insta
Hi friends, i nedd your help, i lost my forest and i am trying to recover from backup, but i dont know if this works to active directory knows the exchange, i have to follow some procedure to do that, And if i cant recover my forest y should install a new active directory, and install exchang again, wich is the best way to recover the data from exchange, copy the db's to the exhang database path or what i should do to do that? Thanks a lot for your help Felipx start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867704 "Felipex" <Felipex@discussions.micr...

Database corruption :-(
Hi, Regarding Exchange 2003. I had problems replicating public folders to exch 2007. I ran eseutil and it reported that the database was corrupted. However, the database still mounts fine. After I did a 'eseutil /p' and it reported that the database corruption was fixed, the database now doesn't mount anymore. Eventlog reported: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1127 Date: 25-12-2006 Time: 1:28:43 User: N/A Description: Error 0xfffff9bb configuring the database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store". For...

Object vs Picture Handling in Different Versions of Excel
I used to have Excel 2000. I could copy a screenshot into Paint and then grab a part of it and directly paste it into Excel 2000. When I clicked on it, it was handled as an Object with the formula of "=EMBED("Paint.Picture","")" Now when I try the same thing in Excel 2003, it comes across as a Picture with no equation. How can I force Excel 2003 to mimic what I did in Excel 2000? (The best I can do so far is to save the screenshot and then open/import it as an Object. Howeve, the formula is not the same: "=EMBED("Bitmap Image","&qu...

Configuring Ms Exchange 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6C6C8.45D16EF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What I must do in order to configure Exchange 2003 Stadnrd Edition in = Windows 2003 Standard. what are the steps to put the exchange server to send and receive = emails. I've been told that create a MX and A record in the DNS, but I would = like to have more explanation, so i can be sure is properly done by = myself. Sincerely, Rafael ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6C6C8.45D16EF0 Content-Type: te...

which exchange is right for me???
I'm not sure really what the big difference between Exchange 2003 enterprise and standard. I have 500 users and won't grow much more than that maybe to 750 in 4 years. My largest pst file now with my current non-MSFT mail server is almost 2 GB. I'm assuming that standard is enough for me. 16 GB is what standard allows for each mailbox (pst or whatever it's called now), is that correct. I don't think I'll ever need to cluster anything so I think standard is the way to go, but I'm not sure....the price difference is about 4,000 dollars so I think I should know if I de...

automate entries into document from a excel database
Need help setting up customer info database using Excel and be able to automate data info into various documents (i.e., proposals, letters, statements, mailing labels, etc. Would be much easier not to have to type everything each time. Thanks so much Set up a database of customer info, something like Col A: Company; Col B: Address1; Col C: Address2; Col D: City; Col E:County; Col F Zip Code; etc etc etc Sort this sheet alphabetically on col A. For Labels, do a mail merge to Word For addresses on forms etc, use a VLOOKUP formula, to extract ther data from the database. Iow, if you en...

Trianing Database
I am working on a training DB for our company. I have a base down, but I'm not able to get it to do exacly what is required. Every employee is entered into the DB to track indviduals. Each person is then assigned to a group/department (admin, operators, quality, etc). Currently each time a new training is entered, it is entered per employee. What is being requested is to have is set so that a new training can be created for each group. For example, a new fire safety training is needed for everyone in the ADMIN group. The user wants to be able to go in, select Admin as the ...

Exchange Resolving Recipients Hidden from GAL
We have some mail-enabled users (who have forwarding addresses to addresses outside of our Exchange organization). These individuals are hidden from our GAL. When a message is sent from outside the organization to an Exchange recipient, and one of the above mail-enabled users is included as a recipient, Exchange is resolving their name. Therefore, the recipient list includes the display name of the AD object rather than the original name/address supplied by the sender. We were hoping that if an individual was hidden from the GAL, Exchange would also not resolve that name (at least, ...

Auto Delete Exchange Emails
Hi All Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as there inboxes have been deleted) and I would like to get rid of it Thanks in advance Richard richard.grover@imagefast.co.uk (Frog) wrote in news:8ab030b7.0411040706.38ad0057@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based > on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get > lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as ...