Entourage contact sorting

Entourage 2008 for mac. =A0I am trying to sort my contacts by category
and then by last name...any thoughts?
0
shar

On 2010-01-22 20:39:09 -0800, shar-shar said:

> Entourage 2008 for mac. �I am trying to sort my contacts by category
> and then by last name...any thoughts?

Unfortunately, Entourage does not allow sorting by one field and
sorting within that grouping by a second field. Just one field at a
time.
--
Allen Watson
MVP for Office (Entourage, Word)

0
Allen
1/23/2010 5:51:19 PM
On 1/22/10 8:39 PM, in article
6774af36-ebf1-4557-838b-c299b8da3b72@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com,
"shar-shar" <shari@cccrossfields.org> wrote:

> I am trying to sort my contacts by category
> and then by last name...any thoughts?

You can't do this by clicking on the columns, but you can use the new
Spotlight search in Entourage

In the Address Book view, click on the Spotlight search. Enter the last
name, a custom search will appear below. Click on the + button and add
"Category is xxx"

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/2008/main_window.html>
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

Diane

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Delegating Contact control that allows Exchange Properties control
I've created an OU for Contacts. All of the contacts are mail enabled so that I can see them from outlook. I want to give control of these contacts to another. I've created a MMC view for just this OU for the user. No matter how I delegate control, the user only has access to the contact portion of the contact properties. They aren't able to make changes (or even see) the exchange properties. They also aren't prompted for e-mail / exchange info when creating a new user. I'm assuming that some additional Exchange security is required here, but I want it to be as l...

Where is Address Contact?
On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom of that window. Where is the "address contact" for that address? In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I don't see that field on the "information tab" address. That doesn't make a lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP). Is there a way to add this field to that address section? Brandon Guess you're referring to the address1_primarycontactname field. It is not included by default, but you can add it from the ...

Import Contacts from Outlook into CRM as Accounts
I have a customer with about 800 Contacts within Outlook and I need to import them into CRM as accounts. How can this be done easily? Is there an easy way to do this, or another way to go about getting this done? Mike, I will try and answer this. First, you should understand that Outllook stores all of its data (Contacts, Mail Messages, Tasks, etc.) in a PST file (usually contact.pst) and this file is usually in your profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\kevin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook). Note: There should or may be other PST files there as well (maybe ba...

Use Contacts in OWA
How can I get my contacts to show up when sending email from OWA? Only my global address list shows up. Thanks. David In news:uWKgv8ruFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, David <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> typed: > How can I get my contacts to show up when sending email from OWA? Only my > global address list shows up. Thanks. > David In OWA, you can't view your contacts in your address book view like you can in Outlook. What version of Exchange are you using, and have you seen www.messageware.com ? They make some add-ins that make OWA look a lot more like Outlook. ...

Contacts when working offline
I use the latest version of WLM on Windows 7. I am finding the following behaviour: If I have WLM set to "sign in" my contacts are always available. If I set WLM to "stop signing in" my contacts don't show. However if I set WLM to "sign in" and then cancel out at the password prompt, my contacts are again available even though I haven't actually signed in. I quite often compose emails when I don't have any internet access. Therefore, it is useful to have my contacts available offline. It just seems messy to sign-in but cancel at the p...

Sorting a List by letters rather than the first character.
I have a list of chemical compound names which I want to sort i alphabetical order. Examples are: 1,2-dimethylbutane, dimethylbutane 2,3,4-trimethylpentane. These need to be sorted by the first letter not the numbers or spaces or commas, ie 'd', 'd' and 't' in the exampl given above rather than 1, 2 and 'd' which is what Excel does b default. Thank you in advance for your suggestions. :) :) : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com wes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Nigel, You can use a User-Defined-Function to strip out the ...

Contacts and Pictures
How can I export my contacts AND PICURES from Microsoft Outlook to Windows Live Mail? One post is sufficient.. Please don't cross post to multiple newsgroups multiple times. In Outlook...Export the contacts to a CSV file. Close Outlook. If you use a Live ID to sign in to Windows Live while using Windows Live Mail[WLM] and wish to use that Live ID with the same contacts present in Outlook....then logon to contacts.live.com and import the csv file into that Live ID. Once complete, check for duplicates. Logoff the web interface. Open WLM, signon with the same Live ID and allow WLM to sy...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

sorting out columns but only for some rows
Hi, I would like to create a macros that will sort out the first 5 rows of my spreadsheet only. The reason for that is that in the middle of my spreadsheet i have another group of cells that represent a table and I don't want that one to be sorted. How can i do that ? Thx Sam, Either select just the cells that you want sorted, prior to the sort, or insert a new row between the tables to prevent them being sorted together. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Sam" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message news:1114187047.257338.215860@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Query sort not working after NULL column
I have a query that has an order by e.g. ORDER BY A,B,C,D,E For this particular subset of data, columns A, B and C are all the same, column D is NULL in each row. However, column E has different values. The sort is not sorting by column E. The only thing I can think of is the NULLs in column D are throwing it off. Is this correct or should it sort column E corectly even if column D is NULL. Hope someone can shed light on this? Probably because two nulls are not equal, so there is no need to "break the equality" by looking further down (to column e) if two rows are equal by {a,...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

How do i print a contact list with the picture added
You can fix this issue if you use a third party addin: Savvisoft have released Blueprint for Outlook Professional edition which provides full control over the layout of printed messages, contacts, custom forms, and other Outlook types. This includes the ability to print contact information with the photograph displayed. For more information and a free evaluation download, please visit: http://www.savvisoft.com Kind Regards Hayden Saveal Savvisoft Ltd. ...

Sort a report by a hidden field in a combo-box
Hello, I have a report which displays a list of devices, and their current location. The table is: Site, Description, Serial Number. Site is a number which has a relationship to the SiteNo field in a Site table: SiteNo Name This table is not arrange alphabetically. Record 1 may begin with "A", 2 may begin with "Z", 3 may begin "M" for example. The Site name in the report is a combo box, with two columns. The first bound column is the site key. This column is hidden. The second column is the true site name. When I order it by site, it is ordered by the hid...

In Excel, how do I sort a column by the LAST digit of the data?
I need to sort a column of data by the LAST digit of the data. We add a letter to the end of our catalog numbers to denote "new" (ie 012345-N) or "used" (12345-U), and I'd love to be able to sort by that last digit. Thanks! Insert a column and copy this formula all the way down =right(a1,1) Now sort using this column as the first sort criterion and the original column as the second sort criterion. "DougMash" <DougMash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F1A7165-5631-4CF6-A211-3DA8654D5F45@microsoft.com... >I need to sort a column ...

Sort order of activities
We track a lot of activities. It is really frustating that I can't seem to figure out how to add a date column to the Activities screen of an Opprotunity. Of course, I can add a date field to the Opprotunity Manger where all of my opprotunities are listed. But I have not figured out how to change the Activity screen once inside the Opprotunity. -Jason you cannot customize activity screens in the current versions of Microsoft CRM. The next version of Microsoft CRM will support full activity customization. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolu...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Lost Contacts #6
I am running Office 2003. My contacts list shows up in my Personal Folder but when I click on on Contacts, all of my contacts show up. When I try to send and e-mail, however, and click to add a contact address to my e-mail, I am told that there are no entries in my address book. How can I recover my contacts? Clearly your Contacts are in place, what has occured however is the the Contacts are not shown as an Address Book (which is a filtered view of your Contacts) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563 "Guy Delaney" <delaney@suddenlink.net> wrote in message news:evo...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

show email contacts not fax contacts
After clicking on the new button to bring up a new email message, clicking on the To...: button brings up a new window titled: Select Names. This window shows a list of contacts. Problem is the list shows duplicate names. It's obvious that the duplicate names are due to the fact that they have fax numbers. Here's the question: How do I make this window only show SMTP E-mail type contacts and not duplicate the contact because they have a fax number? Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can u...

Primary contact firstname and last name on Account Form
Hi! Can someone please help us. On the account view, we see the primary contact as lastname, firstname. However, we want to add two fields to the account view, one called first name and the other called lastname, which presumabley comes from the contact schema. How can we add the firstname and lastname fields from the contact schema on the account view? you mean you want to populate the new fields from the primary contact? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Traxi Tech" <vendors@traxitech.com> wrote in message news:%23b$WJBrGFHA.2588@...

Sort Order
Hi, How do I reverse the order in a column. My Column at the momoment is a c d r b t c x and I want to arrange it staring form bottom to top x c t b r d c a and can this be done for any charachter i.e Column of text as above and column of numbers and a combination. Thanks Consecutively number an adjacent column and sort both columns descending. (using the number column as the sort column) -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html Editorial review of Special Sort Excel add-in (30 ways to sort) "Yunus" <yunus786@btopenworld.com>...