Entourage Contact Icons

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)

What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot?  In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person.  I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons.  Can you tell me why they are different?
0
sunshineone

On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote:

> What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next
> to a contact email or a blue dot?  In a group list, I have some people with
> blue dots and some people with a little person.  I cannot see anything special
> within these two emails to determine why they have different icons.  Can you
> tell me why they are different?

The blue dot means that are not in the Address Book. The little person means
they are in the Address Book. Since Entourage does not export groups as .rge
file you need to add all emails into the Address Book. Simply drag from
group to the Address Book window. Add a category to that contact with the
name of the group.

You can then sort by category for that group to recreate the group.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

0
Diane_Ross_MVP

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Delegating Contact control that allows Exchange Properties control
I've created an OU for Contacts. All of the contacts are mail enabled so that I can see them from outlook. I want to give control of these contacts to another. I've created a MMC view for just this OU for the user. No matter how I delegate control, the user only has access to the contact portion of the contact properties. They aren't able to make changes (or even see) the exchange properties. They also aren't prompted for e-mail / exchange info when creating a new user. I'm assuming that some additional Exchange security is required here, but I want it to be as l...

Where is Address Contact?
On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom of that window. Where is the "address contact" for that address? In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I don't see that field on the "information tab" address. That doesn't make a lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP). Is there a way to add this field to that address section? Brandon Guess you're referring to the address1_primarycontactname field. It is not included by default, but you can add it from the ...

Import Contacts from Outlook into CRM as Accounts
I have a customer with about 800 Contacts within Outlook and I need to import them into CRM as accounts. How can this be done easily? Is there an easy way to do this, or another way to go about getting this done? Mike, I will try and answer this. First, you should understand that Outllook stores all of its data (Contacts, Mail Messages, Tasks, etc.) in a PST file (usually contact.pst) and this file is usually in your profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\kevin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook). Note: There should or may be other PST files there as well (maybe ba...

Use Contacts in OWA
How can I get my contacts to show up when sending email from OWA? Only my global address list shows up. Thanks. David In news:uWKgv8ruFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, David <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> typed: > How can I get my contacts to show up when sending email from OWA? Only my > global address list shows up. Thanks. > David In OWA, you can't view your contacts in your address book view like you can in Outlook. What version of Exchange are you using, and have you seen www.messageware.com ? They make some add-ins that make OWA look a lot more like Outlook. ...

Contacts when working offline
I use the latest version of WLM on Windows 7. I am finding the following behaviour: If I have WLM set to "sign in" my contacts are always available. If I set WLM to "stop signing in" my contacts don't show. However if I set WLM to "sign in" and then cancel out at the password prompt, my contacts are again available even though I haven't actually signed in. I quite often compose emails when I don't have any internet access. Therefore, it is useful to have my contacts available offline. It just seems messy to sign-in but cancel at the p...

Contacts and Pictures
How can I export my contacts AND PICURES from Microsoft Outlook to Windows Live Mail? One post is sufficient.. Please don't cross post to multiple newsgroups multiple times. In Outlook...Export the contacts to a CSV file. Close Outlook. If you use a Live ID to sign in to Windows Live while using Windows Live Mail[WLM] and wish to use that Live ID with the same contacts present in Outlook....then logon to contacts.live.com and import the csv file into that Live ID. Once complete, check for duplicates. Logoff the web interface. Open WLM, signon with the same Live ID and allow WLM to sy...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

How do i print a contact list with the picture added
You can fix this issue if you use a third party addin: Savvisoft have released Blueprint for Outlook Professional edition which provides full control over the layout of printed messages, contacts, custom forms, and other Outlook types. This includes the ability to print contact information with the photograph displayed. For more information and a free evaluation download, please visit: http://www.savvisoft.com Kind Regards Hayden Saveal Savvisoft Ltd. ...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

the word count icon is missing from the review panel
Windows 2007 Word specifies a word count option on the review panel Mine is missing is it on a parameter somewhere please Thanks Kathy Franklin If your Word window is narrow enough (or your screen resolution is low enough), the ribbon starts collapsing. The first things to go are the text labels, leaving just buttons. I think this is what's happening to you -- the three rightmost buttons in the Proofing group have no labels. The one in the third row, just to the right of the Translate button, should be the Word Count button. It shows the letters ABC above a box containing...

Lost Contacts #6
I am running Office 2003. My contacts list shows up in my Personal Folder but when I click on on Contacts, all of my contacts show up. When I try to send and e-mail, however, and click to add a contact address to my e-mail, I am told that there are no entries in my address book. How can I recover my contacts? Clearly your Contacts are in place, what has occured however is the the Contacts are not shown as an Address Book (which is a filtered view of your Contacts) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563 "Guy Delaney" <delaney@suddenlink.net> wrote in message news:evo...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

show email contacts not fax contacts
After clicking on the new button to bring up a new email message, clicking on the To...: button brings up a new window titled: Select Names. This window shows a list of contacts. Problem is the list shows duplicate names. It's obvious that the duplicate names are due to the fact that they have fax numbers. Here's the question: How do I make this window only show SMTP E-mail type contacts and not duplicate the contact because they have a fax number? Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can u...

Primary contact firstname and last name on Account Form
Hi! Can someone please help us. On the account view, we see the primary contact as lastname, firstname. However, we want to add two fields to the account view, one called first name and the other called lastname, which presumabley comes from the contact schema. How can we add the firstname and lastname fields from the contact schema on the account view? you mean you want to populate the new fields from the primary contact? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Traxi Tech" <vendors@traxitech.com> wrote in message news:%23b$WJBrGFHA.2588@...

Contacts #10
One of my users had a seperate Contacts folder...his computer crashed. I need to find the file on the backup that contained those. Does anyone know where the default file for Contacts is kept, and what the filename might be? Thanks, -- David Reed Nework Administrator dreed@no.spam.please.srdcorp.com The file you need to look for is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David Reed"...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Entourage and Time Machine
Time Machine is a breakthrough automatic backup feature that�s built right into Mac OS X Leopard, but for Entourage users it's recommended that you exclude your Identity from Time Machine. There is an alternative for Entourage users using a Folder Action and Automator. The nice thing about this method is it can be used by those still running Tiger and it's free. Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/entourage_and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <ht...

How do I list contacts by business name?
Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed to by Person. Thank you. List them all where? In what version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Clark" <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:248AECE5-EC9F-42F6-B357-556DC0E6A0E5@microsoft.com... > Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed > to > by Person. Thank you. ...

Entourage Database vs Exchange Store, who wins?

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Camera on my Excel Icon (2003)?
I have an excel icon on my desktop, as it is a spreadsheet that I use all of the time. All of a sudden, there is a camera on the icon and I have no idea why? It opens the same and the spreadsheet looks the same. I'm sure the Icon is just a shortcut to the file. Right-click and Properties>Shortcut>Change Icon Select from Excel.exe file Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:46:01 -0800, Shansta <Shansta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an excel icon on my desktop, as it is a spreadsheet that I use all of >the time. All of a s...