Entourage 2008 Web Services edition (13.0.3) and " Unable to establish a secure connection" error

One of our users had his Entourage 2008 upgraded to EWS (13.0.3).  He is
using Leopard 10.5.8.  Since the upgrade he is getting an error/warning
message after he provides his login credentials:

"Unable to establish a secure connection to exchnlb.txstate.edu because the
server name or IP address does not match the name or IP address of the
server's certificate."

This looks very similar to an issue that was address by the 12.1.2 update.

There are no reports of other users which this issue.  I use the same
version of EWS as the user.

There is an ability to capture info in a log but I don't think in this case
that will accomplish much.  See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956344

See also:

http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Entourage/9622

Also consider the discussion (a bit dated) at:

http://blogs.technet.com/amir/archive/2008/07/16/ssl-warning-issue-in-entour
age-2008.aspx

From the discussion, it appears this had to do with the autodiscover process
in conjunction with Entourage 2008 BEFORE 12.1.2.

I appears that it has returned potentially for EWS users.

0
Bill

Bill Bryson wrote:

> "Unable to establish a secure connection to exchnlb.txstate.edu
> because the server name or IP address does not match the name or IP
> address of the server's certificate."

If I connect to <https://exchnlb.txstate.edu> in a web browser then I
receive an error message stating that the certificate is invalid (host
name mismatch).

 From what I can tell, Entourage is reporting the problem correctly.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

Entourage 2008: Unable to establish a secure connection...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Ever since the first Office 2008 Update i have gotten this annoying message every time I open Entourage: "Unable to establish a secure connection to mail.bigpond.com because the server name or IP address does not match the name or IP address on the server's certificate. If you continue, the information you view and send will be encrypted, but will not be secure." This is beyond the joke, reported to Microsoft and its hopeless, I click on the OK and it works fine but why should I have to keep on doing it? ...