Entourage 2008: clicking on calendar item changes name, doesn't open it?

I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and found a really weird thing: unlike
Entourage 2004, when I click on an item in my calendar, instead of opening
it, it lets me change its title (type into its name). It's driving me nuts -
I want to open the item when I click on it. Can that be changed back
somehow?

Mike

0
Michael

On 1/12/10 4:05 PM, Michael Levin wrote:

> I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and found a really weird thing:
> unlike Entourage 2004, when I click on an item in my calendar,
> instead of opening it, it lets me change its title (type into its
> name). It's driving me nuts - I want to open the item when I click on
> it. Can that be changed back somehow?

You can still double-click to open the event, just don't double-click on
the title or location. I usually double-click on the availability stripe
on the left. That always works.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
1/13/2010 2:26:26 AM
Sorry, what's the availability stripe? I'm using "Month" view, where the
screen is a bunch of squares (one for each day of the month) and my calendar
entries are horizontal stripes in it. It works if I click on the time
instead of the title, but it's still annoying. Worse, some entries have no
time ("all day"), which means I have to right-click and select "open"
because double-click just types into the title. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mike

On 1/12/10 9:26 PM, in article #d$pPf$kKHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
"William Smith [MVP]" <mecklists@REM0VETH1S.comcast.net.INVALID> wrote:

> On 1/12/10 4:05 PM, Michael Levin wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and found a really weird thing:
>> unlike Entourage 2004, when I click on an item in my calendar,
>> instead of opening it, it lets me change its title (type into its
>> name). It's driving me nuts - I want to open the item when I click on
>> it. Can that be changed back somehow?
>
> You can still double-click to open the event, just don't double-click on
> the title or location. I usually double-click on the availability stripe
> on the left. That always works.
>
> Hope this helps!

0
Michael
1/13/2010 12:05:53 PM
On 1/13/10 6:05 AM, Michael Levin wrote:

> Sorry, what's the availability stripe? I'm using "Month" view, where
> the screen is a bunch of squares (one for each day of the month) and
> my calendar entries are horizontal stripes in it. It works if I click
> on the time instead of the title, but it's still annoying. Worse,
> some entries have no time ("all day"), which means I have to
> right-click and select "open" because double-click just types into
> the title. Am I missing something?

The stripe is not viewable in Month view, only the Week views.

To double-click on the events in the Month view I suggest you
double-click on the time and not the name of the event.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William

Custom POS Button for SKU items number use most
Hello, I have 4 SKU Item numbers that our cashier is having to press F2 to lookup a lot. Retail have asked if we can place these 4 items on the custom button to the right of the screen. Does anyone know how to get the custom button to work on the right side of the screen. Ed if this is RMS you are using, you could create macros to replay the sku with Ctl-F3 then replay them using the Alt-F1 - Alt-F4 keys during the transaction. "Ed" wrote: > Hello, > > I have 4 SKU Item numbers that our cashier is having to press F2 to lookup a > lot. Retail ...

Charts don't update when data is changed, why not?
Can someone help? My Excel has somehow ended up in a weird mode where the charts don't change when the underlying data changes. The only way to get a current chart is to close Excel and reopen it. For example, if I were to construct a chart using two columns of numbers, it will plot correctly. But if I go back and place a negative sign in front of every y-axis datum, the chart won't change until I close the file and reopen it. I assume I have a config issue somewhere, but I can't find it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. /frank I suppose it would be helpful if I mention...

RMS should allow specific item costing for S/N items
RMS allows up to three S/Ns to be entered for each S/N item but does not provide for a cost specific to each S/N item. Does this strike anyone else as strange? I also deal with accounting software and if they have S/N capability, they provide for a specific cost for each S/N item. Background: For the same SKU, the cost can vary materially based on whether the item was purchased singly or in a large lot. It is important for accurate accounting and commissions that the cost reflect the actual item cost rather than an average or last cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Entourage
How can I auto delete mail I have identified as junk mail? Create a junk mail rule. It will automatically delete mail identified as junk by the Junk Mail Filter and your own rules, but you'll need to run the rule manually on mail you manually mark as junk. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/rules/rules_junk.html#Anchor-Basic-49575> On 9/20/03 2:56 PM, in article BB926164.6CFF%DPTYLER@NTLWORLD.COM, "DAVID TYLER" <DPTYLER@NTLWORLD.COM> wrote: > How can I auto delete mail I have identified as junk mail? > -- Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac) PowerPo...

posting inventory items to projects through purchasing
GP allows me to create a purchase order using inventory items as line items posted to Projects. While this is helpful (it pulls the costing from inventory so I don't have to manually enter it), it is misleading and falls short of completing the transaction. Any shipments of those inventory items will NOT carry through and post to the Project -- they post into INVENTORY, so I have to post the shipment THEN enter a separate transaction to transfer it from inventory to the Project (HUGE chance of human error/forgetfulness). This would make sense if I'm a warehouse with central p...

retrieve deleted items
Hi! How to retrieve deleted items on server side? Next question: I set the following option "do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up". Does it mean "ntbackup" doing both "items" and "deleted items" backup? TT On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:58:37 +0100, "ttyc" <ttyc-nospam-@pgi.gov.pl> wrote: >Hi! > >How to retrieve deleted items on server side? There is no way to do that from the ESM, if that is what you are asking. You can however use exmerge or pfdavadmin to restore or export deleted i...

change a Field into a Combo Box
Hello, I've a form with a combo box. When you choose something in thise Combo Box, it set some Fields on the same form. But now, I like to see also a change from a Field into a Combo Box. How can I do this? Regards, Frits van Leeuwen Frits If you open the form in design view, highlight one of those textboxes (they are "fields" in a table, but "controls" in a form or report), you can change it from textbox to combobox. Be aware, however, that you will still need to tell Access how to set up that (new) combobox. -- Regards Jeff B...

Pivot table field viewing; how to view all not shown items?
I have a pivot table and want to show all not shown items, see pivot example below: x y total xx y 1 z 2 a 1 I want pivot to show in column "A" the "xx" data.. x y total xx y 1 xx z 2 xx a 1 Any micro that I can use to do this? Thanks!!! The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you can change, to force them to repeat. To create a table with a heading on each row, you could copy the pivot table, paste it as values in another location, a...

Changing Drop Down Lists
Hi all, Does anyone know for sure what will happen if I try and completely change the values in a dropdown list that is already in use? Our Sales Team have decided that rather than having leads characterised as Cold-Warm-Hot they want the percentage of likelihood to close the deal. But, of course we already have leads with Cold-Warm-Hot against them. Thanks. Hi Sarah, You can rename the values if they map to the new situation. If not, then I'd suggest you to add a new field and then populate this field by hand (or programatically if possible). Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen...

Form open options
Hi all, I have a form that is serving as an employee task list, it is bound by the table empl_TaskList - when the form is opened it will filter records based on the currentUser and whether the task has been marked as "complete" - my question is, if an employee attempts to open the form and there are no current tasks for this specific user, is there a way to notify the user that there are no current tasks, and then give them the option to enter a new one or close the form? Would this need to be done in the OnLoad event, and if so, how? Help is always appreciated, thanks! -gar...

cant create item
when clicking on a link in an e-mail, an error occurs saying cant create item On Sat, 22 May 2010 06:06:01 -0700, dave <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when clicking on a link in an e-mail, an error occurs saying cant create item Is this a mailto:// link or a http:// link? What version of Outlook? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. dave wrote: > when clicking on a link in an e-mail, an error occurs saying cant create item You actually get an error message that exactly states "cant create item". R...

Opening a '97 DB in 2k and back again
I have a DB at work, written on Access 97. I emailed it home to Access 2000 and it wouldn't open. So I need to convert it to 2000. BUT. once I've updated it, I need to send it back to work, to run on Access 97 and I can't see an option to save it as an older version of Access. There must be one somewhere! Can anyone help? So... You have problem, because Access'97 and Access'2k are using different version of DAO ('97 - 3.5; 2k - 4.0). Some functions or instructions from DAO collection You can not export to earlier version of Access. The best way is to use ...

can't open an Excel 97 file
Hi all, We have a 2 MB Excel 97 file that suddenly sent an error message when trying to open it: "imposible leer archivo" (that is "impossible to open file") We do not have a backup copy of the file, do you any way to recover the information saved on that file? Thanks, Betty This has been multiposted. "Betty" <no@quiero.spam> wrote in message news:%23fwNqxksFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > We have a 2 MB Excel 97 file that > suddenly sent an error message when > trying to open it: > "imposible leer archivo" (th...

Outlook opened and closed...
My Outlook 2003 won't let me to open it. I click to open it, and it shows up and closed immediatly. I tried all kinds of ways, but no luck. Anybody has same problem? Andy Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple instances are running. If so, end all of them and try starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted above. >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook 2003 won't let me to open it. I click to open it, and it shows up >and closed immediatly. I tried all kinds of ways, but no luck. Anybody has >same problem? > >Andy > > ...

Command-line switch to open Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode?
Experts, Is there a command-line switch to open Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode? I use a roaming profile, which goes best with non-cached mode. But on my traveling laptop I only want to use Cached Mode. If I log off the laptop while connected to the domain with OL 2003 in Cached Mode, that resets my roaming profile to use Cached Mode which is not what I want. In news:3rfs7dFj9juqU1@individual.net, Spin <Spin@spin.com> typed: > Experts, > > Is there a command-line switch to open Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode? > I use a roaming profile, which goes best with non-cached mode. ...

Can't install Office 2008 12.1.7 Update because a version of software can't be found
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Ok, this is really stupid, I get a message saying: "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12.1.7 on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I only have one volume and that's Macintosh HD, 297GB and Office is installed there I don't know what the problem is. Hope someone can help me. On 4/14/09 3:20 PM, "queequeg731@officeformac.com" <queequeg731@officeformac.com> wrote: > "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12....

How do I change the mispelling of my last name in my emails?
For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I correct this problem? If it a POP3 or IMAP account, you can make the change in the account properties at tools,accounts, view or change accounts - you need to select your account and change it. If it's an Exchange account, you need to speak to your administrator. On 4/24/06 9:08 PM, in article E75BD5A2-FFE5-4905-B47D-110E31598C51@microsoft.com, "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I > correct this problem...

How do I change the thickness of a border (3 sizes is not enough)
I need to copy a table into an AutoCAD drawing and have the lineweights of the table match a previously drawn line. The three thicknesses of lines given in the Borders toolbar are not enough - I need to access the thicknesses in the Line Style list - how do I do this? Durbien, There are only 4 available line weights for line weight for borders. If you want heavier, then you will need to draw your own lines over the borders and use code like ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddLine(Range("A10").Left, _ Range("A10").Top, Range("F10").Left, _ Range("F10&q...

How do I chage/eliminate the names of the columns and rows
How do I chage/eliminate the names of the columns and rows If I understand you correctly: To remove headers: Tools |Options; open View tab; look in lower Window section and uncheck "Row & Column Headers" The column headers can be changed to numbers (but then you must type formulas differently) with Tools |Options; open General tab and check the box "RC reference style" You cannot give headers custom names -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Diader" <Diader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A...

Problem opening .vsd file with included .vss file with Visio viewer
Dear lazyweb, We have a .vsd file that gives the following error when opening it with Internet Explorer / Visio viewer: The Microsoft Office Visio Viewer was not able to complete the operation. Other visio files don't give the error. The file opens in Visio. I can see that the .vsd file also opens two .vss files. I can see that in the Window menu. I googled and found out that .vss are "stencil" files - are these embedded inside a .vsd file?? One of the .vss files is probably a "visio default" file, the other is most certainly created here on site, judging by the filena...

need help using named range in chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with about 10 columns of data. The number of rows can vary but its ussually less than 20. I've got a set of 'index' fields that define which data is in which column and what range of rows I want to act on. Then I've defined some named ranges that vary based on the contents of the index fields. For example: Stats!TotalC==OFFSET(INDIRECT(stats!$O$3&FIXED(stats!$P$2,0,0)),0,0,stats! $Q$2-stats!$P$2+1,1) where O3 contains the column name, P2 is the first row, and P3 is the last row I want to consider. I've also defined them as follows: ...

Field changed from Single to Double issue..
I have an Access 2000 DB (I think it's 2000, it's whatever comes with Visual Studio 6.0).. Simply put, I have a field that is of type "Single" that contains the value 0.3. When I modify that field and make it "Double", access automatically converts the values, as it should, but returns 0.300001192 in the field.. I understand that there can be precision issues sometimes in comparisons and such, but is this NORMAL for Access to do as well? Is there any simple work around or patch? I suppose I can write an SQL statement to take care of this, but that isn...

Not found error 204: item not in database
I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. I was wondering what is up with this? brent hi seems this error. the item which you used in work order has been deleted. Please check the printed work order and then go to store manager and find that it exists. Also "Brent" wrote: > I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get > "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. > I was ...

Outlook today calendar display
Can I get more days then 7 to display -Iike to see whats coming up as far ahead as possible. Tks. I don't think so. It might be possible with custom coding but I'm not sure. <unclel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6j2r62hh0kd5ttn5mo3b1ac3p0p3u7l9em@4ax.com... > Can I get more days then 7 to display -Iike to see whats coming up as > far ahead as possible. You can hack the registry and see if you can add days - but too many days will be slow nad unmanageable. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

Excel 2007 does not open to full screen size
Well, it does much of the time, but every so often it does not. I like working with the worksheet full screen size. Sometimes I'll minimize the size to allow two different thing to be viewed at once, but I always click the full size icon in the upper right before I save and close down. For some reason I sort of remember clicking on a box in Excel 2003 that will allow Excel to always open full screen. I can not find that option in 2007. I tried the Big Round icon in the upper left corner then into Excel Options Tabs. But can not see where I can do what I did with 2003. Your help i...