Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: Exchange

0
entourage_user16

text delimited
I have information in a text delimited file. It is names and addresses. I need to get it into excel or access so I can make labels -- can someone help me with this? Holly Arbuckle monopoly@lcc,.ent Holly, Excel can open it directly. In the File - Open dialog, change the file type to txt . If your file has the .txt extension, the import wizard will start automatically. Tell it it's delimited, that the field delimiters are commas. If you're not sure about that stuff, open the file in Notepad and check it there. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Adding/updating totals from one worksheet to another
I have created several worksheets within one file. I have a summary worksheet and multiple detail worksheets. When I update the detail worksheet I want the totals to be updated in the summary worksheet. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. Ila Ila, something like this in your detail sheet ='Detail Sheet 1'!A1, and easy way to do this is to click in your summary sheet where you want the total from one of your detail sheets and put = then click on the detail sheet and click on the cell you want and press enter -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new ...

import comma delimiter, outlook says funtionality needs to be inst
I have office XP standard for students and teachers which includes outlook. Outlook was installed years ago using these disks. Now I'm trying to import a comma delimited file to outlook using the import/export wizard. When I select import from "comma separated values" I receive a message that the feature is not currently installed. When I say to install it the outlook translator starts and asks for the Microsoft Outlook 2002 disc. Microsoft is looking for the installation package OUTRET.MSI . I looked at all the folders but this folder is not on any of the 3 di...

Adding 'Dial-Phone' Button
I have a client that wants to add a Dial Phone button to the contacts screen. I have several questions. Can this be done? Can this be done with the current demo version? Where would I even begin to add something like this? You need to start reading the CRM sdk to understand how to add or modify any forms etc. For example, you could add a button to the CRM contact form which when clicked calls the phone number of the contact. search on msdn.microsoft.com for Microsoft CRM "BJF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f2501c3a9f9$5b6ae9b0$a301280a@p...

Missing Exchange tabs in AD #2
Hi, I installed exchange 2003 in a DC. I know this is not the most secured way but we want it that way. I also installed the Management tools in the same server. However i dont see the exchange tabs in AD and all i see in Exchange task is "Remove Exchange attributes". I tried reinstalling management tools but still didn't work. Please help. TIA In news:1139760884.384743.107220@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, google@joriz.is-a-geek.net <google@joriz.is-a-geek.net> typed: > Hi, > > I installed exchange 2003 in a DC. I know this is not the most secured >...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

Clone an appointment to a new date
I am trying to clone an appointment to another date, is there an easy way to do this other than copy and paste each individual part? Select the appointment in Day/Week/Month view (press Esc if you go into edit mode) copy (Ctrl+C) , then paste (Ctrl+V) on the new date. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-...

help with adding rows
Im using http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/row.htm. To mail all the rows on sheet1 row by row. I need to add all th numbers in each row before it is sent, so the the numbers in the row are all sent and the last cell is th total some thing like this test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 Sum 1 1 1 1 1 1 6 There is 14 test total so it will be a lot longer line then this als im looking to add a msg to the end depending on the out come of the su 94 to 100 you got an A ....congrats 87 to 93 you got a B ....good work 81 to 92 you got a C .... may...

Adding a column if two ranges match
A B C D 1 Participant Volume Group 1 Group 2 2 name 1 3 name 3 name4 3 name 2 4 name 5 name 20 4 name 3 1 name 6 name 150 5 name ... --------------------------------------------------------------- Sum Sum I am attempting to add coulmn B based on which group the participants are associated with. I have a master list of the tot...

configuring publlic folder appointment items
Is it possible to configure a public folder that contains appointment items so that entries cannot overlap? i.e. I want to use a public folder for the booking out of a meeting room and if I tick the box for "All Day Event" then I would like it so no one can make another entry for that day - or if some one books it 9 to 11 then no one else should be able to book it for the same time frame am I making sense? No, that's one of the limitations of using a pf as a resource, can't automatically decline, no free busy etc. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexch...

adding holidays to calendar
I seem to be able to add holidays for the current year to my calendar using Tools/Options/ Calendar Options - but how can I add holidays for NEXT year (and subsequent years?) Even if I select a date in 2008 before adding the holidays, it simply puts them in this year again so I have two copies in 2007 but none in 2008. Can you offer a solution please - I'm sure it must be a simple thing I'm not seeing... Thanks Outlook 2003 SP2 Just make the current year a recurring event. "Jeff" <noem@il.please> wrote in message news:M9adnV3vsPV6LrHbRVnyjwA@eclipse.net.u...

how to direct keyboard input to a CWnd added to CDialog? #2
I have added a CWnd object to a CDialog for the purposes of drawing inside the CDialog. I would like the CWnd object to respond to keyboard input. Any input not handled by CWnd should then be handled by CDialog. Can anyone explain/illustrate how this is done? Thanks for all suggestions and help. Ian ...

text is deleted from delimited file?
I am using Excel to build CSV files for MySQL database population. I am running into an intermittant problem with text being deleted when I reopen the file in Excel and when I import the file into MySQL. If I open the the text file with notepad, the text is still there. I have a file with 100+ rows and it only happens on a few of the rows. It's not happening in the same character space on each row. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I ...

Web Amin for Mailboxes and AD Accounts
We are looking for a tool supporting our users(customers) in maintaining their Mailboxes and AD Accounts via a web browser ? Does anybody know or has experience with a product called hostedExpress ??? many thanks for any recommendations EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com You could try using Citrix, with published application mode -> AD users and computers. Then with webportal people could login, with that added benefit of their windows logon having the relevent permissions for specific OUs and delegation. A bit expensive though ;) Ed geor...

Formula for adding Columns #2
Please help ...I'm going mad... How do I enter a formula to add colums together? Thanks in advance Your problem is not clear... pl. provide more information with sample data. If you want to add A1, B1, C1 in D1 then use =A1+B1+C1 in D1 "Gary" wrote: > Please help ...I'm going mad... How do I enter a formula to add colums > together? > > Thanks in advance Do you want to SUM them then add them or just add rows across?, can you explain a little more? Gary;230898 Wrote: > Please help ...I'm going mad... How do I enter a formula to add colums > ...

Tab Delimited
I'm trying to add products using the Import Data tools but at the bottom of the page I get the following message Your spreadsheet (data file) needs to be saved in the “Tab Delimited” format prior to importing your data Can someone explain what I'm supposed to do (in Idiots language) because I don't have a clue what to do. kztm Try this Go to the FILE menu, choose SAVE AS. At the bottom of the dialog box that pops up there is a white box that says: Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls). The box is labeled Save as type: Click on the down arrowhead at the right side of the white b...

Adding Superscript Text to a Distribution List Name
We have a user who would like to add superscript text to a distribution list name. He is currently calling it (BC)2, but he would like the 2 to be superscript and would like to get rid of the parenthesis. I didn't think this was possible since you really can't put html in the title, but he swears he has seen this before. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks It's not possible.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, ...

adding barcodes
is there someway to print a barcode on a form from a number located in a particular cell on a form to another cell? Yes, and in anticipation of one more question, it is done with fonts, and there are different kinds of barcodes. You will find some links on my Mail Merge page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm You should be able to obtain free fonts without difficulty, or if you prefer you can pay for them, the choice is entirely up to you. I find it hard to believe that coding a lined barcode font from a specification is difficult. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Micros...

adding Dll in MFC
hello .. im new in vc++ using mfc .. what i want to do is add a .dll file into my project .. and accessing its contents.. (just like in vb6 where you can add. reference .. ex: Test.dll) and declare WithEvents. thanks in Advance, gio Hello, You need the dll's .lib and .h files to use the DLL properly and easily. In vb6, the dlls you're using probably have TLB which are equivalent to .lib and .h of c++ -- Elias "gio lavilla" <gml@cybees.com> wrote in message news:O$SDlkH9DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hello .. > > im new in vc++ using mfc .. w...

[CRM 1.2] forget remove CRM licence before remove user in AD
Hi, I use CRM 1.2 and i have forgot to remove licence in crm before delete user in Active directory. Now, when i try to remove the licence, i have the error message object not found Check the object in same time in active directory and in database. How can i do to use this licence with another user ? I find the table (SystemUserLicenses), but i don't know if i can delete the row directly in this table ? Thanks for your help. ...

Adding Excel Sheets
Hi, ive just registered and hoping for some help please. I am making up rotas for work on excel and need to add sheets at the bottom (one for each week and so on). How do i get the sheets to become automatically filled each time i open a new sheet, hence saving me to copy and paste every sheet? Thanks in advance -- Migi ...

Buttons added on parent window
Hi all, I downloaded an application a few days ago, and noticed that it has put buttons on the parent window (next to the minimize, maximize and close buttons) on explorer, Word and a few other windows. This looks nice and I was wondering how it was achieved - overwriting a dll, for instance? Best wishes Paul I believe it involves a hook, but I am not 100% sure. AliR. <paul@paullee.com> wrote in message news:1156191416.142638.173740@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I downloaded an application a few days ago, and noticed that it has put > buttons on the parent wi...

MSG: No more new fonts may be added to this workbook
I get the above message while I'm working with my excel 2002 file. It's a big file with lots of charts. When I copy and paste a chart I get the above message and the program locks (although I can usually save and re-open). But I don't understand what this message means. Can anyone help? I'm not too fussy about formatting and have tried clearing formats etc. but it only buys me a couple more charts to add. Thanks, Dan As answered in .charting -- Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMA...

CRASH
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Dear All, I have a big problem, my word 2008 (Student ed.) is crashing (hang) consistently when I add a footnote to a document. Is there any fix? Does anyone is experiencing the same behaviour? Crash log is not very helpful... Date/Time: 2008-03-13 18:35:53 +0100 OS Version: 10.5.2 (Build 9C31) Architecture: i386 Report Version: 4 Command: Word Path: /Applications/Office/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word Version: 12.0.1 (12.0.1) Build Version: 0 Project Name: (null) Source Version: 80305 Parent: la...