Deleting duplicate contacts

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

In attempting to export a single contact from Address Book to Entourage, it exported a whole category of 1,000 names. How can I identify and delete duplicates other than one by one??
0
degas1900

<degas1900@officeformac.com> wrote:

> In attempting to export a single contact from Address Book to Entourage,
> it exported a whole category of 1,000 names. How can I identify and
> delete duplicates other than one by one??

Google for scripts for Entourage. There are several out there that
should be able to do precisely what you need.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen
"degas1900@officeformac.com" <degas1900@officeformac.com> wrote:

> How can I identify and delete duplicates other than one by one??

To get rid of duplicates use one of the scripts on this page.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/duplicates.html>

--
Diane

0
Diane

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Delete macros

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

#Deleted

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Permanently delete only mail from Blocked Senders?
Outlook 2003 Is it possible to configure Junk Email Options to do the following? - Permanently delete mail from Blocked Senders (without sending it to the Junk Email Folder)? - And have suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders sent to the Junk Email Folder (to allow me to determine whether I want to block that sender)? It appears that the "Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email Folder" checkbox (Junk Email Options > Options tab) would delete suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders -- some of which you might want to re...

To delete or not to delete
....and that is the question. I was presented with a rather interesting problem this morning. I wanted to manipulate the main menu in my SDI application...simple problem, simple solution: CMenu *pMenu = GetMenu(); // do whatever I need to do with the menu... Now here is the stumper of it all...what do I do with pMenu now? At first I thought that I should call delete on it, however after much thought and many questions later I realized that you should in fact NOT delete pMenu. Here's why: Since pMenu was not explicitly created by you, you do not own it. You are simply creating a point...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas
I have an excel file that the size will varry. I need a macro that wil check all the fields for a comma. If there is one I would like to ge rid of it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have no idea an I have been assigned this task. Hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ron Why not use Edit>Replace. Just leave the "replace with" field empty Regards Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co ----- rontap > wrote: ---- I have an excel file that the size will varry. I need a macro that wil check all the fields for a comma. If there ...

Importing Accounts and Contacts
Hi all... I have a HUGE list of accounts and contacts which need to be imported from Telemagic. I'm currently working on cleaning data, etc. My question is this. I plan on importing Contacts into CRM using the Import Tool. However, I see no way to import Accounts, only Contacts and Leads. I am trying to avoid using the CDF database since I am only importing Account and Contact information - no activities. Is there a way for me to import a list of Accounts first and then to do the import for the Contacts? Or will I have to use the CDF staging database? I saw another post that m...