Deleted account and its associated email is deleted...any way to recover or restore?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Lunabean

Hello again.  I'm wondering if the &quot;restore microsoft user file&quot; posts that I'm seeing around these here forums would work to restore the old email account?  If so, that'd be great as I could then just edit the settings of that email account to check the new server. <br><br>Any info about either post is greatly appreciated!
0
Lunabean
4/7/2010 9:01:15 PM
Bump.  Sorry to be a bugger, but I'm wondering if anybody has any insight into this.  Thank you.
0
Lunabean
4/8/2010 3:50:42 PM
On 2010-04-04 21:48:31 -0400, Lunabean@officeformac.com said:

> I'm not that familiar with Entourage and a client of mine set up a new
> email account on Entourage for her new website...it's working great.
> She then deleted the old account (not sure if that account was POP or
> IMAP) which had 14,000 emails. When she deleted that old account, all
> 14,000 emails went with it. She now needs those back.

Well if she simply deleted the account in her identity and it was
Exchange or IMAP, the solution is easy: recreate the identity and
redownload them all.
The Exchange and IMAP accounts are simply cached locally so deleting
the account also deletes the e-mails in the IMAP folders.

If you delete a POP account, the e-mails associated with it remain on
the On My Computer section so I doubt that's what she did.

Now.... If she delete the entire identity and it was a POP account,
that's a very different issue. One you could only recover from using a
backup.

> Is there anyway to recover those emails, or switch profiles, or some
> such thing?

Well if she created a different profile for the new account, it could
be as simple as switching accounts.
If she repaired or compacted her identity in the past, the original one
from before the operation might also still be there as an old identity
so it could serve as a backup of some sort.

> In other words, does deleting an account delete all of the account's
> emails, and if so, can I recover them?

Only for IMAP or Exchange and you simply have to reconnect to get them back.
You can then copy them locally (in the On My Computer section) if you
do not wish to keep the account active after that.

����������Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
4/8/2010 4:23:13 PM
On 2010-04-08 11:50:42 -0400, Lunabean@officeformac.com said:

> Bump. Sorry to be a bugger, but I'm wondering if anybody has any
> insight into this. Thank you.

I just replied to your original post :-)

����������Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
4/8/2010 4:23:49 PM
0
Lunabean
4/8/2010 4:46:53 PM
On 2010-04-08 12:46:53 -0400, Lunabean@officeformac.com said:

> Hi Coretin. Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, even if it was IMAP or
> Exchange, she no longer has access to the old mail server to redownload
> them.

That *really* sucks.

> I'll check with her to see if they are on the "On My Computer" or if
> she can switch profiles.

That would be great.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso

Cannot delete subreport

Analytical Accounting needs to be incorporated in PO Returns
Currently Analytical Accounting is not incorporated in the PO Returns module. This functionality MUST be introduced to provide a complete solution. At present there is a very fragmented, time consuming workaround. This functionality is assumed and is very dissapointing to find it is not present in the software. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

received messages randomly in either of two accounts
I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail accounts with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account. When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although the senders are sendin to the Sky.com account. How can this happen. Why would you expect to see an incoming message in both of your = accounts? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Bryan1345" wrote in message = news:BAECB568-9A33-40DE-A63E-4792DE53658B@microsoft.com... I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail = accounts with it, a Hotmail ...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Exchange Restore Error
I'm in the process of performing some disaster recovery testing and I've run into a problem with restoring our site's Exchange 2003 servers. I first restored the system Windows 2003 Server server, and then the Exchange Server storage groups, ensuring the "Last Restore Set" and "Mount Database After Restore" options were checked. The NTBackup portion of the Exchange restore completed without errors, but the mailbox and public folder stores won't mount. The Event Log reports a "ESE BACKUP event 903" error with the text "Information Sto...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

How to generate reports using certain accounts
Hello all, I am using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I inputed my online Banking logon information and MS Money retrives all of my accounts linked to that logon (5 accounts). Now there are only two accounts that I want to have MS Money manage and generate reports for. I have "closed" the remaining 3 accounts within MS Money so that the two I want are showing as open. However, when I choose to generate a monthly report it includes transactions from all of the accounts linked to my banking login info. I have searched and searched for a filter to disclude those unwanted accounts, but no...

email templates 01-09-05
Two questions. 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday field in a template. It shows the datetime in datetime format. Useless 2. When users use the template that was created. It seems the Subject is not inserted in Subject line of the email. Thanks, Jaime Hi Jaime, I have the same problem with the title that doesn't appear when using a email template. Please publish the answer if you found something. Christophe "Jaime" wrote: > Two questions. > > 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday ...

Deleting an email