Database Errors

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hi, <br><br>We have just begun a rollout of Snow leopard 10.62 Macbooks with Office 2008.  Since our rollout began about 2 weeks ago, we have gotten at least one complaint per day of users opening their Entourage to find "cannot open that identity". Found info stating to recreate the database I should delete the .com�microsot plists, MUD, and Microsoft Folder in the Preference list.  That works, but�.here's the strange part.  For the majority (if not all) of the users with this problem there is no mirosoft folder in the plist, rather a Microsoft alias.  I'm guessing that that's a clue to solving the puzzle, but not sure how that alias got there. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to users affected.  <br>
Ideas?  Thoughts?
0
JodiG

On 4/16/10 9:14 PM, JodiG@officeformac.com wrote:
> We have just begun a rollout of Snow leopard 10.62 Macbooks with Office
> 2008. Since our rollout began about 2 weeks ago, we have gotten at least
> one complaint per day of users opening their Entourage to find "cannot
> open that identity". Found info stating to recreate the database I
> should delete the .com�microsot plists, MUD, and Microsoft Folder in the
> Preference list. That works, but�.here's the strange part. For the
> majority (if not all) of the users with this problem there is no
> mirosoft folder in the plist, rather a Microsoft alias. I'm guessing
> that that's a clue to solving the puzzle, but not sure how that alias
> got there. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to users affected.
> Ideas? Thoughts?

"This Identity Cannot Be Opened With This Version of Entourage"
This message usually means, for example, any Identity saved with a
12.1.0 or later version will not open in 12.0.0 or 12.0.1. Since there
was a database format change in 12.1.0 (SP1), Entourage  12.0.0 or
12.0.1 cannot open a database saved in the later version.

Once you upgrade, the Identity will open. If this is not the error, it
helps to have the exact error. Take a screen shot so you can get the error.

I'm also assuming you imported the Identity of the previous version of
Entourage. This will upgrade the Identity for use in Entourage 2008.

AFAIK, you shouldn't be aliasing the Microsoft folder in Preferences.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
On 4/17/10 3:01 PM, JodiG@officeformac.com wrote:
> Second, the message doesn't say anything about "this version of
> Entourage", it just says that it cannot open this identity.

Verify that it's not an older version placed in the Office 2008 Identity
folder. Something about that Identity is out of sync with what is installed.

Usually an error message will be a little more descriptive than what you
are relaying.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
0
Diane

Error from DrawText
Dear All, I write the following code, but it sometimes work, but sometimes fail and return error code ERROR_RESOURCE_TYPE_NOT_FOUND, Please help. HDC hdc = GetWindowDC(); int Saved = SaveDC(hdc ); .. .. .. RECT TextRec; SetRect(&TextRec, 0, 0, 100, 100); CString sText = _T("Hello"); // Set Font LOGFONT LFont; GetObject(GetFont(), sizeof(LOGFONT), (LPVOID ) &LFont); LFont.lfWeight = FW_BOLD; HFONT hFont = CreateFontIndirect (&LFont); HFONT CurFont = (HFONT) SelectObject(hdc, hFont); // Set Text Color ::SetTextColor( hdc, 0xFFFFFF ); // Set Text Bk Mode ::SetBkMode(hdc,...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Newbie question on Lookup error
Using Excel 2003. A2 = L A3 = M A4 = H B2 = 1 B3 = 0 B4 = -1 A2 though B4 named as Table Data is in column D, starting at D2 I am using =Lookup(D2,Table), D3 etc. Data returs properly in D2 and D3 but in D4 I get the dreaded #N/A no matter how I change the structure and data. Any help appreciated. Thanks, James What's in D2, D3, and D4? My guess is that the error is occurring due to the lookup range not being in alphabetical order. You my try a combonation of Indirect and Match as an alternative. =INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(D2,$A$2:$A$4,0)+1) HTH, Paul -- "Dasin&...

Error Message: "Cannot shift objects off sheet."
My spreadsheet (form) uses 187 columns for data entry. I am attempting to "hide" select columns in the spreadsheet and am able to do so up to a point. However, after hiding approximately 30 columns, I am receiving the error message, "Cannot shift objects off sheet." What does this error message mean? I've requested assistance from two Excel experts here at work and they are not able to identify the issue. Thanks! Hi, Maybe this KB is of relevance. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q170081/ Cheers Andy AndrewS wrote: > My spreadsheet (form) uses 187 columns f...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

CHDKSK C: keeps returning error
hi guys running xp pro / sp3 / totally updated a month or so ago, tried to run a chkdsk for C drive; as usual the computer said it would be done at next boot. but I keep getting an error message "checking file system on c: The type of the file system is NTFS Cannot open volume for direct access Windows has finished checking this disk ... first of all, what would cause this? 2nd: why does it keep repeating every bootup? 3rd: how to correct and get CHKDSK running again, or at least to drop the error message? thanks, tZ "Torobi" <mishnu@velo...

Integration Manager 9.0 error
Hi all, I receive the following error when i try to create a new integration in IM Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface Time: 3/23/2007 1:34:00 PM Source: IntegrationManager Message: Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface Number: 430 Call Stack: BrowserControl.DisplayLHS BrowserControl.RefreshBrowser frmAddSourceAndDest.ILookupManager_GetDisplayName MenuAction.IntegrationAddDestination MainMod.TimerCallbackMenFunction Does anyone know what this error is or how to fix it? Thanks, Thanks for the reponse David, How...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Mem_Bad_Handle error when posting SOP Inv
Hi, Anyone experience a SmartHeap Library error, showing "MEM_BAD_HANDLE"? This happens when posting SOP Invoices, either by Batch or Trans. It's apparently an invalid RAM reference by code - not sure how to solve this? The trx do post to GL without any other apparent errors, but something should be wrong somewhere... Have just upgraded from GP7.5 to GP9 in Term Server environ, and tried to do: 1. remove all customisations to GP by removing Forms / Reports .dic's for Dyn and all other modules / 3rd party software; Customisation Maint screen now clean. 2. copied Dynamics....

Error executing SSIS package used to populate GP Analysis Cubes
Hi, Our GP databases are installed on SQL Server 2000. I have installed GP Analysis Cubes For Excel on a SQL Server 2005 server. The installation worked without a hitch, however when I try to run the SSIS master package to populate the Data Warehouse database I get an error under the "Run Company" section stating: "Error: Error 0xC0014037 while preparing to load the package. The package is encrypted with a password. The password was not specified, or is not correct." And at the bottom of the execution trail there is a warning to the effect that "the number of ...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

Error detected in outlook.pst #2
Hi, When I try to open outlook an error message comes up saying 'error detected in the file outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool'. I have used the Inbox Repair Tool but that gets to a certain stage of scanning the file then an error causes itto stop. The .PST file is 1.96GB Any ideas as to how I can open outlook, or get the Inbox Repair tool to finish scanning. Cheers. Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to open outlook an error message comes up > saying 'error detected in the file outlook....

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

removing horizontal error bars in excel 2007 chart
when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars, but horizontal ones are also added? Any hints? Hi, Unfortunately adding both sets of error bars is how xl2007 currently works. Once you have the error bars displayed you will need to select the horizontal error bars and delete them. Cheers Andy trueblu wrote: > when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only > y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars, > but horizon...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

new error message #2
Sending and receiving all mail - unknown error 0x80040119. This is the error I received originally that was responsible for my doing the Inbox Repair (scanpst.exe) thing. When I do that, after the scan the message is that the errors are 'insignificant' but I run repair anyway. Hasn't solved my problem. H. E. L. P. - I need to read my email! Have you read this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nosend.htm -- Kind regards, Trevor Bloomer "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com> wrote in message news:%23zAaw6GhIHA.5280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Memory error when opening a message in outlook XP
I am using Outlook XP and Word XP. When opening a message (mostly occurs when there is an attachment), it prompts "There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannont display the request font". I found some articles that relate to this, but they were for Outlook 97 and according to Microsoft, OL98 fixed this issue. I'm on the verge of deleting the users AD account and re- creating it as there seems to be no solutions that I can find on the web regarding this. Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers Justin ...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Error: The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL
:confused: I know - this is an old problem but still, I can't overcome it: A year ago I have stared receiving the above application error when I navigate to folders containing AVI files. Dismissing the dialog is followed by an apparent Windows Explorer crash and restart. ================================ The solutions I found in several sites are as follows: The WinXP file version 6.02.4131.0 *has* the ordinal 6880. Therefore, you've installed poor software installing an older version of that system file. If you're lucky, that copy was installed in a program folde...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...