assigning tasks

Version: v.X
Email Client: pop

in outlook i could assign tasks to people (send a task to them via email) and then track their progress. is that doable in entourage? must i be on some exchange? thanks
0
youngjamesadee

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

Created Timesheets Display "Non-Clickable" tasks
Hello. In My Timesheet, tasks are supposed to be “clickable” and the user should be able to drill down to the details. We have noticed that for some projects, they are not able to do so anymore for timesheets created in the past. Non clickable tasks are in a powder blue color, clickable tasks are in a dark blue color and will look like a hyperlink. Can someone explain why this is and how to correct the situation? Also, can submnitted and approved time within My Tasks be removed? The task history shows that the resource submitted something, but the history shows a blank li...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Recurring Task Problem
I've set up a recurring Task in Project to reflect our daily sync meeting, 1 hour a day for 4 months. The pertinent details are below: Duration: 1hr Recurrence Pattern: Daily, Every 1 workday Range of Recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard, Scheduling ignores resource calendars The problem is that each person invited to this morning meeting is now assigned 689h of Work time from this task alone. On the advice of another person on this board, I set each meeting to Fixed Duration of 1hr each, but this had no effect on the 689 hours. Can anyon...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

How do I get the files to show up on task bar individually?
I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do this? Tools / Options / View / Windows In Taskbar HTH, Gary Brown >-----Original Message----- >I used to have each file that I open up show up in the task bar. Somehow I >turned that off and would like to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do >this? >. > ...

Exchange Task Permission Help
I would like to know if it possible to have a "Task Administrator". Basically I would like to have a mailbox or taskbox named "TaskBox" which I could create and assign Tasks with, but I need to be able to edit the Tasks once created.... Currently I can create tasks, but I cannot edit them at all. So I'm stuck in a bind... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! -chad ...

Reminder for synchronized tasks
Hi, when i create a task in CRM and synch my desktop client, the task is listed in outlook. Well, but there is no reminder for that kind of tasks! We have the same problem, when assigning task to other CRM-users and here it is absolutely necessary! Is this normal behaviour of the system? Can anyone help me? Michael I've seen where every task synced to Outlook from CRM has a reminder of 8 AM, but I haven't seen a case of no reminder. Does this always happen for you? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mi...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

College Assignment Woes
Hello, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could guide me in some kind of direction. I have been given the following data: On a new sheet, named Salary Table, starting at cell A1, build the following table: Name Current Salary Percent Increase Effective Month 2004 Compensation. My exact problem is that I must createa formula that can be used for all to calculate the amount to each employee for the year 2004. The increases take place on the first day of the month specified. This means that if increase comes in July, the pay is six months at the old rate and six months at the new rat...

Tasks status items
Is it possible to customize the status headings/topics in Tasks? If so, how? -- Ernie Nivens The Nivens Financial Group 518 S. New Hope Road Gastonia, North Carolina 28054 Phone (704) 349-0005 Fax (704) 349-0009 www.ernienivens.com No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ernie Nivens" <ernie@nivensfinancial.com> wrote in message news:e7dbe5z8EHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to customize the statu...

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

assign
How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? column might look like 4002 AB009 4001ab 2004 0078 45 -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Are there always just 2 letters (or none)? On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:32:03 GMT, "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote: >How do I make every thin in a column that is not >4000 assigned the "0" and >every cell >4000 assigned the "1" (and ignoring the letters)? &g...

CRM 3.0
Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. With v3.0, you can write a .Net assembly that you can call from workflow. This could be used to cycle through a list of reps and process the assignment. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dave M." <Dave M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3A034A-B8A5-430D-943B-FBE4525BB013@microsoft.com... Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. ...

Assigning a value to a text
Hello, I'm currently doing somework in Excel and would greatly appreciate some help since I'm stuck. I've reached this part in which you have to calculate the dscounted price for each group of products. The discounts are ranged as Normal (5% discount), Special (10% discount), Exclusive (15% discount). When setting up you had to state what category each product was without indicating the % of discount. So I was wondering, if anyone knows how to *embed* the discount into the text, you know masking it. So any onlooker wouldn't notice it, but I can still calculate the discount. ...

Reporting on Assigned records
Hey, My understanding of the "assigning a record" in the CRM is that this record changes ownership, Now, i have heard that this can not be reported on - As far as i understand, the record should still have a "Created by" and "OwnerIDName" that should tell the diffrence, but this does no work 90% of the time, If indeed it is correct. How does one actually pick up this field? do i need to link the "Activity" Table to one of the "Syst???" Tables or "User" Tables? Cause the more i think about it, the more usefull an "Activity&...

Volume control button on task bar
I am using Windows XP if it matters. On the right-hand bottom corner in the task bar, there is a volume control button. Click once and the volume control button appears. The volume increases as the slider bar is raised. When the bar is left-clicked a sound is heard to indicate the volume. The higher the bar is raised the louder the noise when the bar is clicked. Something happened to my bar so that now the only sound I hear when I click is the "mute" sound. It doesn't matter it I have "mute" checked or not. How do I fix that? FYI This chang...

Workflow Assignments
I have setup a workflow. I am the Owner of the record and have assigned a couple of tasks to my assistant who is a User. When the workflow runs I (Owner) end up with my assistants (User) tasks. Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, is there a workaround? Thanks in advance, -- Joe Boylan joe@springshomes.com Joe, do you set the owner of the contact in the workflow after creating those activities? Then the ownership of the activities will be changed too. BTW the ownership will be changed for all related objects. This is a feature in 1.2. Or just send me the workflow or...

Tasks in Outlook 2002
When I read tasks within the TODAY Window the date for all tasks is one day less than if I view the same task in the TASK Window. I am running Windows XP Anybody encountered this before? ...

Assigning Accounts should not assign cases and activities
Our Tech Support team manages cases. They lose track of the cases when we assign Accounts because they don't own the account. We also have many people with activities for accounts they don't own. They lose track of the activities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Duplicate Emails in the Assigned Queue
Hi all, I have seen this problem mentioned numerous times all over the place but have never seen MS answer why its happening. If anyone can help me fix it I would be very, very grateful. We have a number of queues that students send emails to. On one of the queues (but not others) when an email comes in it arrives in the queue as required but it also gets added automatically to my Assigned To queue *twice*. This is without anyone choosing to assign it to me - it just assigns itself to me - twice. So I have 3 emails - 1 where it should be and 2 extra ones sitting in my Assigned area. ...