All my emails are gone from Entourage

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi. I thought the issue I have is pretty simple, but somehow I couldn't find similar ones in the forum, so I'm writing this.  <br>
My issue is all my hotmail emails are gone from Entourage when I opened the application. Everything. I can view the emails online though. The night before I was using it no problem. Now, every email, folder I made, are all gone. The contact on it is still intact.  <br>
If someone can help me with this, I'll really appreciate it. Thank you!!
0
rmz444

same with me...except it erased everything and now wants me to set up a new
account....

"rmz444@officeformac.com" wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
> Processor: Intel
> Email Client: pop
>
> Hi. I thought the issue I have is pretty simple, but somehow I couldn't find similar ones in the forum, so I'm writing this.  <br>
> My issue is all my hotmail emails are gone from Entourage when I opened the application. Everything. I can view the emails online though. The night before I was using it no problem. Now, every email, folder I made, are all gone. The contact on it is still intact.  <br>
> If someone can help me with this, I'll really appreciate it. Thank you!!
> .

my e-mails also went away.  When I opened up Entourage today, it was a new installation.  All data was gone--e-mail, calendar, everything.
0
jjl
2/16/2010 3:16:32 AM
Do you have a backup somewhere?

--
Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol
a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get

0
John
2/16/2010 10:08:05 AM
My most recent back-up is March 2009.>  <br>
Do you have a backup somewhere? <br>
> On 2/15/10 10:16 PM, in article 59bb2de2.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;jjl@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > my e-mails also went away.  When I opened up Entourage today, it was a new <br>
> > installation.  All data was gone--e-mail, calendar, everything. <br>
> --  <br>
> Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol <br>
> a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get <br>
> answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. <br>

0
jjl
2/17/2010 5:37:39 AM
0
tswc
2/19/2010 4:43:03 AM
See my answer in the other thread.

On 19/02/10 5:43, tswc@officeformac.com wrote:
> The same thing happened to me. Everything is gone and it wanted me to
> start a new account like I had never used it before.
>
> All my messages and such are still on my hard drive, but Entourage won't
> let me import them for some reason.

Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel
2/19/2010 5:46:41 AM
0
nbuckley
2/24/2010 7:22:15 PM
same here. I couldn't find the thread.
0
rmz444
2/24/2010 8:18:31 PM
On 2010-02-24 14:22:15 -0500, nbuckley@officeformac.com said:

> Please could you repeat your advice - I can't find the other thread
> that you mention.

 You probably either moved or renamed the identity folder.
Make sure you put it back where it belongs (with the proper name).
You cannot move or rename the Microsoft User Data folder (or its subfolders).

Corentin

0
iso
2/25/2010 5:04:33 PM
No I didn't touch any folder. When I turned it the day after I used it, all the emails were gone.
0
rmz444
2/25/2010 5:44:17 PM
> On 19/02/10 5:43, tswc@officeformac.com wrote: <br>
> > The same thing happened to me. Everything is gone and it wanted me to <br>
> > start a new account like I had never used it before. <br>
> > All my messages and such are still on my hard drive, but Entourage won't <br>
> > let me import them for some reason. <br>
> > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. <br>
> --  <br>
> Michel Bintener <br>
> Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) <br>
> *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** <br>

0
rmz444
2/25/2010 5:49:49 PM
On 2010-02-25 12:44:17 -0500, rmz444@officeformac.com said:

> No I didn't touch any folder. When I turned it the day after I used it,
> all the emails were gone.

It could be directory damage. Did you check the drive with Disk Utility?
What is the size of your identity folder?

Corentin

0
iso
2/25/2010 9:54:41 PM
> On 2010-02-25 12:44:17 -0500, rmz444@officeformac.com said: <br>
> > No I didn't touch any folder. When I turned it the day after I used it,  <br>
> > all the emails were gone. <br>
> It could be directory damage. Did you check the drive with Disk Utility? <br>
> What is the size of your identity folder? <br>
> Corentin <br>

0
stbdtack
2/28/2010 3:57:05 AM
the size of Office 2008 identities is 1.82GB.
0
rmz444
2/28/2010 4:57:21 AM
On 2/27/10 7:57 PM, stbdtack@officeformac.com wrote:
> The next day when I started Entourage I got the same new instance of the
> Entourage program, with no files, no identity, no nothing.

Entourage expects the Microsoft User Data folder to be in your Documents
folder. For OS X users, that's the Documents folder in your User's
folder. When Entourage opens in a new blank Identity, it's usually User
error.

Most likely you have accidentally moved your data. Hopefully, you have
not deleted the file. If you have deleted the trash, it's gone. Sorry!

Select Switch Identity (under Entourage in the Menu bar) and see if your
old identity is still listed.

To find your old database, search for "Microsoft User Data" (without the
quotes). You can also search on "Office 2008 Identities" (replace 2008
with either 2004 or X if you are using an older version)

If you have not used a new identity in Entourage, then copy the entire
Microsoft User Data folder to the correct location.

Fix if you have more than one Microsoft User Data Folder...

Move the entire identity folder you want to use to the Office Identities
folder that Entourage is recognizing. Your identity is named "Main" by
default. Be sure to rename one so you do not overwrite. Your identity
folder can contain more than one identity. Switch Identities to view
your old mail. If you have not used the new identity, delete it. If you
have used it and want to combine the new mail with your original
database, drag each folder to the desktop from one identity. This
creates an MBOX file. Switch identities. Drag the MBOX files into the
folder window of Entourage.

You can delete the old folder after you are satisfied with the transfer.

Sometimes updating software (including the OS) can cause problems where
files go missing. See this link for help finding 'lost' files.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html#crash15>

Use this opportunity to start a good backup plan.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/articles/backup_articles.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
On 2/15/10 8:59 AM, rmz444@officeformac.com wrote:
> My issue is all my hotmail emails are gone from Entourage when I opened
> the application.

Let's be sure we eliminate the change of Hotmail from a web based email
to POP. Have you setup Hotmail a POP account? Previously, Hotmail would
show up as a web account similar to IMAP showing the folders you created
online. POP accounts do not show these folders.

If yes, have you tried a custom search to see if you can find one of
your Hotmail messages? If you find one of the messages use one of the
scripts to show where the message is hiding. It's possible the folders
are in Deleted Items folder or a subfolder under one of your other folders.

Finding path of messages.

Use one of the two script scripts listed here. You can copy/paste or
download the script.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/script/custom_scripts.html#script4>

If you can't find the messages in Entourage, you can move one folder of
messages at a time to the Hotmail Inbox so Entourage can download. Move
them to a new folder after they download.

Use this as an opportunity to learn how to backup Entourage.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/articles/backup_articles.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>
0
Diane
2/28/2010 6:17:17 AM
On 2010-02-27 23:57:21 -0500, rmz444@officeformac.com said:

> the size of Office 2008 identities is 1.82GB.

then it still contain all the data.
If it is at the proper location, try launching Entourage and use the
Switch Identity command to see if it is listed there,

Corentin

0
iso
3/1/2010 5:13:23 PM
ok, so now I tried &quot;switch identity&quot; and found &quot;hotmail&quot; as well as &quot;main identity&quot;, so chose hotmail, then, it worked!! Miraculously everything is back!!!! Thank you so much!!! <br>
The thing is though, I really really didn't touch anything the last time I was using. I just closed the application like always.  <br>
Anyway, as long as it's working now, that's all that matters. Thanks again!!
0
rmz444
3/1/2010 5:53:43 PM
On 2010-03-01 12:53:43 -0500, rmz444@officeformac.com said:

> Anyway, as long as it's working now, that's all that matters. Thanks again!!

 I'm glad it's working now :-)
Thanks for reporting back,

����������Corentin

0
iso

Outlook Email Accounts
I'm current using Windows 2K Pro with Outlook v.9.0 I have two different profiles that need separate email accounts along with their appropriate contacts. Butu, everytime I set them up...all the email from both POP accounts goes into both profiles "in-boxes" ARG!!! Is there a way to not have this happen? Please assist....thank you very much "boco" <xb930@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:030f01c36c00$42ac3e10$a301280a@phx.gbl > I'm current using Windows 2K Pro with Outlook v.9.0 > > I have two different profiles that need separate email >...

when I try to create a new email Outlook 2007 gives error message
I have just installed office 2007 upgrade, everything works well with the exception of Outlook 2007 when I click on "NEW" email, it gives me the following message: Microsoft office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close etc.. The error is further detailed as follows AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName: msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:41109750 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00100f99 Outlook will forward send and receive ok just wont start a new message Any suggestions? Leon Create a new mail profile after an upgrade. --=81 Milly Sta...

Problem sending large emails >3MB ??
Using Outlook 2007 and OS7 on 6 month old desktop. Recently developed problem being able to send large (>3MB) emails. Receiving all emails fine and able to send small emails (up to about 2MB). All worked fine for 5 months..then this problem ??? ATT/Yahoo spent several hours trouble shooting to say nothing wrong w/ their server or connection. Can send large emails via Windows Live and direct from ATT webmail account...so seems like corruption problem maybe w/ Outlook. Avast security has been on since beginning when all worked fine. Appreciate any thoughts/help ...

Email account disappeared
I now have had 3 salesmen have the same thing happen to them. They call up and cannot receive their email anymore. After checking I find that their POP3 email account has disappeared. I walk them through adding the email account back. I am quite sure these salesmen do not know how to delete an account -- so I am wondering what they are doing that results in the account being deleted. Any ideas or suggestions? >-----Original Message----- >I now have had 3 salesmen have the same thing happen to >them. They call up and cannot receive their email >anymore. After checki...

Children's email
My 11 year old wants an email address. Can I setup a filter in Outlook 2003 that will only allow select email addresses to send email to my child? My OS is Windows Vista Home premium. In the Junk E-mail filter settings you can use the "White List only" setting. Then only the addresses/domains you want will go to the Inbox "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFD8A17C-F882-484F-B986-8D206AD92982@microsoft.com... > My 11 year old wants an email address. Can I setup a filter in Outlook > 2003 > that will only allow select email ad...

email problem 07-09-10
I have always been able to get and send emails and suddenly out of the blue I get this error message. I am not a computer person so please help in simple english. Thanks! The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus ...

How do I save an attachment together with the email text body?
You either save two files or you save the message as an .msg file. Next time, put your question in the body of your post, not the subject. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Shawnee" <Shawnee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4611BE4E-45D4-46B1-9DDB-DE724073E3EA@microsoft.com... > Thank you so much. Okay, this was the first time-I was bound to make a mistake. I will place my question on the body in...

computer updated lost all old emails and files on outlook
recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs including a newer version of outlook .. seem to have lost all my files containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!! thanks Ashley "Ashley marshall" <Ashley marshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5B4FAA-C552-44F7-B1F9-B89376F80D9A@microsoft.com... > recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs > including a newer version of outlook...

need help with HTML EMAIL
Ok I have microsoft outlook 2000 SR, I would like to create a e-mail containing HTML code. I don't know where to start.... Please help me the probleme is my microsoft outlook is in french so that does'nt help also. Really I just need a way to put my HTML code in the e-mail could you help me ... Thanks in advance ! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

I can not delete 1 email in Outlook 2002.
I have recently started using Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP2. I have a new computer. I have also did my updates. I have one email that I can not delete. I press the delete button and it puts a line through it. I right click on it to see if I can remove it that way and it doesn't give me that option. It either wants me to open, print, etc... it doesn't even have the properties button, that I can click on. I have added it to junk email and it didn't remove it from their either. I have not opened it. But this is getting so aggravating that I am sorely tempted. Just to see i...

Sending a email with 2003 outlook question
Hi... What setting do i need to correct for my problem that i am having ??? When i write a email and then click to send it will close my outlook after sending , what setting do i have to change to have my outlook to stay open after sending a emails ??? Thanks ...

i can receieve emails on my windows mail but cant send them
this is the error message iam getting. Any ideas. thank you. Subject 'Id for Mr Sahpaz ref 11487873/01', Account: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Server: 'mail.robertandrobert.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: 'rblsmtpd: 78.146.167.128 pid 16008: 451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=78.146.167.128', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60 ...

Sending internal email when a case is assigned to a queue
Can anyone give a pointer on how to send an internal email to one or more uses when a case is assigned to a queue? Thanks in advance, Guy Austrian The default receiver would be the contact/account who raised the incident, but you can specify additional receivers in the CC and BCC field of the workflow. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone give a pointer on how to send an internal email to one or more >uses when a case is assigned to a queue? > >Thanks in advance, > >Guy Austrian > > >. > ...

Receive email delay.
Hello, I just found there is a problem with my exchange server when receiving email getting delay(5-30 mins). Sending out email is instant. How to find out what cause problem? Please help. Is it any procedure or steps and follow to check? Thanks. On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:53:27 -0400, "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >Hello, > >I just found there is a problem with my exchange server when receiving email >getting delay(5-30 mins). Sending out email is instant. >How to find out what cause problem? Please help. >Is it any pr...

Email filter
Hi! I have exchange 2003 server. Is it possible to filter incoming email by "subject" ? For example : all icoming emails having yhe word "sex" in the subject Thanks, Antonio Grasso try Intelligent Message Filter http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/IMF/default.asp or buy an antispam... sometimes , your firewall, like checkpoint, can help you to block unsollicited subjects.. Yannick DUCERF "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> a �crit dans le message de news: #b2T52csEHA.3336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi! > I have exchange 2003 server....

emails with Track in CRM selected go to Junk folders or stopped by
When I select Track in CRM while sending e-mails, it adds text like CRM:0000100004 in the subject. As a results some of the e-mails sent to customers were not received by them. Later on we founf out that they went to the Junk folder in one case. In another case, the corporate e-mail server blocked the message. Is there any way to hide the "CRM:..." from subject but still keep the tracking functionality? I recently changed the prefix from CRM to "PAS" - our company name. If thats the reason for e-mails are going to junk mail, I will know it soon. Is there any other r...

Problem Sending a Document as an Email
I work in Publisher 2003 and I understand I am able to send a document I've created as an email. However, I go to File-Send Email-only to find that the option Send Document as Email doesn't exist. The only option under Send Email is Send Document as Attachment. How do I fix this and send a single page document as an Email? Please help!!! Thank you! cpadams wrote: > How do I fix this and send a single page document as an Email? Please help!!! Do you have Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 6 installed and set as your default email client? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publi...

quick code for saving email attachments
Hi All, I'm looking for a quick example code that scans my Inbox for emails and if it finds emails from Sender: X or Y it has to save (not rip) the attachments from that emails to a folder on my HDD and move the email to a specific folder under my Inbox. Does anyone have such a tool at hand? Regards Marco The Netherlands p.s. must work under Outlook 2000 or Access 97 Co <vonclausowitz@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm looking for a quick example code that scans my Inbox for emails > and if it finds emails > from Sender: X or Y it has to save (not rip) the attachments from th...

How do I import Earthlink emails into Outlook 2007?
I have saved my Earthlink emails as DAT and CSV files, but neither can be usably imported into Outlook 2007. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks much. "vernbodeen" <vernbodeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F3BEC63-B6E0-4D0E-A7AC-291BECFEE245@microsoft.com... >I have saved my Earthlink emails as DAT and CSV files, but neither can be > usably imported into Outlook 2007. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks much. The CSV files should be importable in a useable fashion. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

HELP: Contacts not showing when writing email Outlook 2003
Hi, I have Win XP Pro with Outlook 2003 (ver. 11.5608.5703) When I try to write an email, Outlook is not "looking" to my contacts... I also try to press the TO: or CC: button to select a contact, but nothing is there.. it is empty. Now, as I could read from the group, it has something to do with the "Outlook Address Book"... so I selected the CONTACTS, right click on it and selected Properties... then Outlook Address Book to see if it's linked and where.... but the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is dimmed grey and I can't select anything......

Cannot open folders: Entourage cannot open the item due to an error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I try and open one of my subfolders, either in Inbox or Folders on My Computer, I get an error message: Entourage cannot open the item due to an error. An unknown error has occurred in Entourage. And the folder doesn't open. <br><br>This is very bad for me as these are work folders that I need to access often. Not all of them are doing this, but more and more are doing this each day. Admittedly, i have about 200 subfolders and about 20 of them don't open. Is this ...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Setting up the CRM email router for inbound/email email capture?
Hi all. Setup the email router on the exchange server however it doesnt seem to work as expected. What I am trying to acheive is that all users who send email via outlook the email gateway will now that this is a contact on CRM and tag the email. When looking CRM the email will then show as an activity, when the user replies the reply needs to be tagged against the contact. In the configuration do you need to setup inbound/outbound profiles for each user or is this global for each user account? Thus I have one of these for inbound and one for outbound, one deployment and then attach t...

Junk Email Settings
I just brought over a .pst file from one computer to another, but the junk email settings were not included in that file. Where can I get the junk email settings (like blocked senders list, etc.) at so I can transfer them to a different computer. Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct http://www.presentationsdirect.com I guess 2003 would be assumed with the junk email settings. previous versions didn't have that I don't believe (only rules). -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirec...