I just installed Office 2008 Business Edition on my Mac. When I opened Entourage, it automatically knew my account information and appears to have transferred e-mails from the former 2004 edition over. However, there were several e-mails missing.  <br><br>I went to File > Import and followed the prompts to bring everything from 2004 over, but there are still weeks worth of e-mails MISSING entirely. Additionally, there are several calendar items that are missing as well.  <br><br>Help! I need these e-mails, they contained a lot of information which I need to have access to. E-mails are deleted from the server once they are opened in Entourage, so I cannot recover these from the server!
0
jheydenr

On 2010-03-17 12:42:22 -0400, jheydenr@officeformac.com said:

>  I just installed Office 2008 Business Edition on my Mac. When I opened
> Entourage, it automatically knew my account information and appears to
> have transferred e-mails from the former 2004 edition over. However,
> there were several e-mails missing.
>
> I went to File > Import and followed the prompts to bring everything
> from 2004 over, but there are still weeks worth of e-mails MISSING
> entirely. Additionally, there are several calendar items that are
> missing as well.
>
> Help! I need these e-mails, they contained a lot of information which I
> need to have access to. E-mails are deleted from the server once they
> are opened in Entourage, so I cannot recover these from the server!

 I wonder whether the 2004 database could have been corrupted.
If you still have Entourage 2004, it might be worth launching the
application pressing the Option key down to rebuild the database before
attempting to reimport.
It would also allow you to export the e-mails as an Entourage achieve
for a different method of reimporting them.

Corentin

0
iso
3/17/2010 5:31:25 PM
Thanks, I tried that but to no avail. All of the missing e-mails are present when I open 2004, but I shouldn't have to switch versions just to get to them. <br><br>I rebuilt the database, checked for errors, everything came up fine with no errors. When I reimported, nothing had changed at all.
0
jheydenr

----------------1926617521191360303

On 2010-03-17 14:38:36 -0400, jheydenr@officeformac.com said:

> Thanks, I tried that but to no avail. All of the missing e-mails are
> present when I open 2004, but I shouldn't have to switch versions just
> to get to them.
>
> I rebuilt the database, checked for errors, everything came up fine
> with no errors. When I reimported, nothing had changed at all.

So did you try exporting them to an .rge archive from 2004 to reimport
them in 2008?

Corentin
----------------1926617521191360303

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<head>
<title></title>
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; min-height: 15.0px}
p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; font: 12.0px Times; color: #260093}
p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; font: 12.0px Times; color: #260093; min-height: 14.0px}
</head>
----------------1926617521191360303--

0
iso
3/17/2010 7:43:04 PM
On 3/17/10 11:38 AM, jheydenr@officeformac.com wrote:
> Thanks, I tried that but to no avail. All of the missing e-mails are
> present when I open 2004, but I shouldn't have to switch versions just
> to get to them.

Open Entourage 2004. You can manually export the missing messages as
either Entourage archive (.rge) file or MBOX files. Once you get your
data out, import those files into Entourage 2008.

How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to
move to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

conversion from quicken--ckg acct missing
After converting from Quicken, my checking acct doesn't show up on the acct list. I did finally locate it, but Money thinks it is an investment acct altho it doens't show up on that list either. The only way I have been able to access the ckg acct was to put it on the toolbar as an icon. I would like to know first of all how to add it to the acct list and secondly list it as a bank acct. In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote: >After converting from Quicken, my checking acct doesn't >show up on the acct list. I did finally locate it, but >Money thinks it is an investm...

how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category?
how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Open your Contacts, arrange by category, select the category you want, and click Actions>New Message to Contact. Include your newsletter in the message. -- Brian Tillman I have created a publisher e-newsletter, how do I email to a specific category? "Terry" wrote: > how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a publishe...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Cannot send internet mail... HELP!!!
I have a new install of Windows 2003 with a 120 day version of Exchange 2003.I can recieve email from any domain but I can only send mail internaly. The machine is public, no firewall. I have no DNS errors. I can connect via telnet to my mail server at home as well as connect via telnet from my home server to the 2003 server. the mail stuck in the queue say "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." I have spent a week trying to get this fixed. All my experince is with 5.5 and this is making want to stick with that. Any hlep would be greatly appreciated. ...

Bug in Money 2004 thru 2007
If you buy 2 lots of a mutual fund and then sell or transfer some of the shares (quantity greater than the original number of shares purchased in the first lot), the cost basis is incorrect. I demonstrated this to Microsoft and they agreed the results are wrong but they say "that is the way the program is designed", it is not a bug. To prove the bug for yourself, perform the following transactions. In investment account #1 6/1/2004 buy 422.9 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 19.00 and no commissions 2/1/2005 buy 795 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 22.00 and no ...

Where to Buy Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 2008 US version living in Sweden
I would like to buy Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 2008 US version. Where should I go? I am living in Sweden and Amazon.com refuses to send it outside US. I have tried the US trial version with my own data without any problem. See my reply in the UK NG. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Erik Mattsson" <erikm@bredband.net> wrote in message news:eT%23c0xqgIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I would like to...

How to install Office 2008 for mac if there's "No default application to open the office installer"

2000: All SMTP Mail Going Via Exchange Instead
I have been successfully using Outlook 2000 to send via multiple accounts, including the in-house Exchange server and multiple outside SMTP servers, for years, via the Services option. Yesterday, suddenly, this no longer works. Now, if I'm logged into the Exchange server and have my incoming mail directed to my Exchange Inbox as usual, all outgoing SMTP mail is sent via the Exchange server no matter which SMTP service I have at the top of the Services --> Delivery tab. If I'm not logged into the Exchange server, or I have mail going into a different mailbox, the SMTP servers work...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Re: Office Mac 2008
Hi Neil - Our question could be interpreted in more than one way:-) Regardless of Edition, each *license* permits installation on one "fixed location" system & one "portable" system. The licensee of the software is entitled to be using it on *one or the other* of those two systems at a time. There is nothing to prevent additional installations on other systems other than one's own conscience but doing so is in violation of the EULA. From another interpretation of your question, there is no limit to the number of times you can reinstall Office - if you have to ref...

MS 2004 deluxe Stock sale and Purchase- 3rd try for assistance
Hi there, I came across this not to long ago. I owned ( lets use a fake company here) ABCcorp.. symbol ( fake again) ABC I then sold off all shares of ABC.at 28.00 Later in the year I purchased a new interest in ABC for 11.00 per share. When it went to 10.88 the MS Money 2004 Deluxe portfolio screen shows I am making money on this new lot of shares. Only thing I can think of is, because Money uses the old symbol and lumps previous stock ownership ( even though you sold it all) to the subsequent purchases. Has this been fixed in later editions of Money? Or is the fix, manual? Such as, befo...

Create Activity Mail in Incident from C#
Hello, There is a case: When someone sends e-mail to specific address it is retrieved by our soft, preprocessed (search for some stuff and other), then it is supposed to be put in CRM. I know how to create incident (case) but don't know how I'm supposed to add some activities to it. I have not found any fields indicating case id. And when I add this activity (I want to create e-mail) will it be put in history or somewhere else? I would like to put it in some kind of inbox or something - I'v seen that there is queue object but don't know if it will be suitable for this t...

Multiple POP3 "Mail delivery locations"
I have a number of email IDs on the same POP server. And also a few Hotmail accounts. The hotmail accounts set up separate folders for the incoming mail. I cannot get the pop accounts to to separate personal and/or inbox folders. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks...JOHN What version of Outlook are you using?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

import pdf table

SBS2008 +RDS 2008 r2+ hyper V
Hi I am running a SBS2008 and a windows server 2008 R2 on a hyper V server. The remote desktop works fine when I connect with remote desktop client on 3389, but when i go to the sbs rww site an choose from the client list to connect to RDS server i get a licensing error "the remote desktop disconnected the session because a error in the licensing protocol". I get the same error both with user and administrator accounts. Best regards Jimmy Try to disable the IE protection mode from your clients which will connect to the RDS. hope that can help. "Surfe...