Accessing the contacts when writing a new e-mail

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hello, i have a very strange problem with my Entourage E-Mail client. I set up the connection to our Exchange server and everything is working fine so far. I can access the contacts in its own menu, but my problem is, that i can't access them when writing a new e-mail. I pick the right address book from the drop down menu but it does not show any contacts to add to the &quot;To:&quot; field. <br>
Thanks in advance, <br><br>Matthias
0
mschojohann

On 3/4/10 8:13 AM, mschojohann@officeformac.com wrote:

> I set up the connection to our Exchange server and everything is
> working fine so far. I can access the contacts in its own menu, but
> my problem is, that i can't access them when writing a new e-mail. I
> pick the right address book from the drop down menu but it does not
> show any contacts to add to the "To:" field. I installed Office for
> Mac on a second Mac, an iBook G4 with 10.4 Tiger with a different
> Exchange mailaccount and it works. I can see all my contacts when
> writing a new E-Mail and I am able to add them to the "To:" field.

Are you sure you're looking at your "Contacts (Exhange account)" list?
This is different from your Address Book.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
William
3/15/2010 12:20:56 AM
Thank you for the reply bill but i found the &quot;problem&quot; myself...none of the contacts had an e-mail address assigned to it, thats why Entourage didn't even show them! :-)
0
mschojohann

Table View Contacts Gridline
I'm using Outlook 2003. My question is when I have a table view in Contacts and have specified I want a solid line for a gridline, it is so faint I can't hardly see it on the screen and when using it for a table print, it is very, very, very faint. Is there anyway to control the heaviness of the gridline? In earlier versions of Outlook, the gridline was quite heavy and printed very well. ...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

E-Mail Address with French Characters
I attempting to create an e-mail adrress with French=20 caharacters (Fran=E7oise), but it will not allow the =E7=20 character. I keep getting an Invalid Character error=20 message. How can I create this e-mail address? Thank you. Jim itest@colorlabcosmetics.com "Jim" <itest@colorlabcosmetics.com> wrote: >I attempting to create an e-mail adrress with French >caharacters (Fran�oise), but it will not allow the � >character. I keep getting an Invalid Character error >message. > >How can I create this e-mail address? I don't think that trying to use...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

Access

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Open E-mail Preview Pane Being Vulnerable to Viruses
I am having a debate with one of my IT techs where I work. The company uses Outlook 2002. When I open up Outlook, I have my Inbox set up so that I have the Recipient pane (the From, Subject, Received & Size pane)on top and the Preview Pane (NOT...the Auto Preview pane)on the bottom. Our IT tech is very nervous about this configuration and believes that it makes our computers vulnerable to viruses when Outlook is opened to that type of configuration. Is that correct? Thank you for any instruction on how to avoid acquiring viruses when using Outlook 2002. Terry http://ww...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

New to exchange #2
Hi, I have decided to start playing with exchange 2003. I have a network in the 192.168.1.0 subnet that has two servers in it both domain controllers and both running win2k server. I want to make some prevision for email to the users on the domain after I have upgraded both servers to 2003. I use a Linux firewall that also provides a DMZ . The DMZ is used to host a small web server and is on the 192.168.2.0 subnet, any request to port 80 is forwarded to the web servers IP address. What would be the best way to start playing with exchange ? Do I need a mail relay in the DMZ that push to t...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

How do I back up entire Outlook, contacts, email, etc.?
How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. By copying your outlook data file.(with outlook closed) Or using the free backup addin available on MS outlook site "Michelle Buonfiglio" <MichelleBuonfiglio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1DDB57-44D3-4471-AC41-55252699B371@microsoft.com... > How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. Excellent information located here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...

E-mails Missing in Outlook Express 2003
My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my E-mail messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I retrieve them? -- Ray10X10 This is a Office Outlook newsgroup. You should repost this to the = Outlook Express newsgroup. Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE <snip> The bak files are created in the Recycle Bin when you compact,=20 OE uses dbx files which are the ones backed up as bak files. . If you are using OE, this is how to restore dbx (bak) files. All e-mail items may be missing when you start Outlook Express...

e-mail
I'm trying to send an Excel file (xls) with a macro as e-mail attachment. But the receiver says the macro doesn't work when she gets it Any ideas? Junior, I would have them check there security setting first to see if this is keeping them from running -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Junior" <nnn@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:uJRBwKigDHA.3140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I...

Mail merging
I was reading the user guide and its says "Mail Merge does not work with customized fields." Now, on the original form that it has, it has the basics like First name, Last name, address, phone #, etc. If a customized form is created are those fields still considered to be "customized" Also, the next note is "Because MS CRM is a Web application, the mail merge process runs on one list page at a time. If your records list has serveral pages, you have to repeat the process for each list page of records." Does that mean I can only MM (Mail Merge) a certain ...